• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fifth Anniversary Banner Collab

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Fifth Anniversary Banner Collab

Over the first five years of Thousand Roads, we've been introduced to hundreds of wonderful stories and an even larger cast of characters to populate them. We're also fortunate to have many members who're talented in visual art as well as writing! One way we'd like to celebrate the community this year is by bringing together some of our artists to create a visual representation of the worlds our writers have been sharing with us on Thousand Roads! @HelloYellow17 will be merging images from our many authors and artists to create a special banner representing as much of our community as possible.

This banner will then be used as the centerpiece for a new forum style, to be released once the next version of Xenforo is available. That ought to be this summer--the software has been delayed several times, but public betas have already been made available. I'll give updates on timeline as that situation continues to develop. And until the style's ready to go, we'll still have a cool piece of art to enjoy with characters from across our fic community!

If you'd like to have your character(s) featured on the new banner, please follow these guidelines:

- Up to two characters per person! These can be humans, pokémon, or something entirely different--it's up to you how you'd like to represent yourself and your work on our banner.

- The images you submit should either be your own work or work you've commissioned to represent your characters.

- Your final image should be at least 150px by 150px for square images or 130px by 190px for rectangular ones in in order to look good through any resizing necessary for the banner

- Please provide your image with a transparent background so that it can easily be integrated with the other elements of the banner

- Please save your image as a PNG

To give people a little more time to work on their images, the deadline to participate in the banner collab extends past the end of the main anniversary celebration. Please submit your images by 11:59 PM May 31st UTC to have them incorporated into the banner. (Countdown Here) You can post them in this thread if you like, or send them to me by e-mail (fuckyeahpokefic at gmail). Once all the images are in and looking good, I'll round them up and send them off to HelloYellow to make into the final banner!

All are welcome, regardless of your artistic background or experience! If you have any questions, please feel free to post them down below. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing the wonderful art we'll have to pull together a new banner!

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
is there a specific scene our characters will exist within?
wondering if people should try to coordinate how characters are grouped or dispersed throughout the final
or, if I understand alternatively, like a checkerboarded collage?

images you submit
Your final image

does this mean if we have two characters, we should try to merge them into the same image before submitting?

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
is there a specific scene our characters will exist within?
wondering if people should try to coordinate how characters are grouped or dispersed throughout the final
or, if I understand alternatively, like a checkerboarded collage?

does this mean if we have two characters, we should try to merge them into the same image before submitting?
Hi there! I had no plans for fitting characters into a specific scene. Rather, the vision I have in my head is sort of a modge podge of all the characters, not unlike some art you see where it’s just a bunch of characters all together in one image. And yes, if you have two characters, it’s best to fit them in one image!

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
Should the characters in the image be fullbody, halfbody, bust, or something else?

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
For now, here's a Nip. I'll try to do haru to if i have time. (LMK if this is too big and I'll come up with plan b)nip for banner.png

Top Bottom