• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I don't think it works that way," Bahamut muttered. "My home dimension happens to have numerous galaxies with numerous planets harboring life. If someone as obscenely powerful as Arceus resides on this planet, I'm skeptical if any life exists elsewhere in this universe. It may be that you'd have to seek out other dimensions entirely."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I mean, Deoxys came from space," Cal remarked. "Maybe Pop is just good at defense when it's not... five-powers-combined superpowered world-eaters clashing at the same time, y'know?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“If deoxys are like the ones I’m familiar with, they are viruses that mutated into Pokémon by accident.” Bahamut frowned. “Perhaps the energy Rayquaza used to stop that meteor ended up giving rise to a deoxys.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut cringed. “It doesn’t work that way.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Doubtful as you are. My core is larger and heavier than you. I’d squish you into an eterna pancake.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Perhaps it’s because your dad has experience with someone like me?” Bahamut shrugged. “Though I bet the attitude is closer to Joule’s.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I dunno..." Cal curled her tail. "It's hard to tell, sometimes. The memories I have are kinda foggy there." She glanced at Bahamut, frowning. "Well... if you can't remember ever being happy... Is there anything y'want anything for, y'know, for anything? ...Uh. Sorry. Dad's helpfulness might be poking at me."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut sighed. “I just want my family back. But that’s an impossibility.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Evidently, the omniverse is not fair." Bahamut puffed out a cloud of gray embers. "It's easy for the rest of Team Spectrum to strive to save everyone and then pat themselves on the back when they do that." His eyes darkened. "We kept Pepper and Thyme's family together. Reunited Meringue with Lugia. Got Joule back for Maple... then Maple back for Joule. Rescued Sword for Shield's sake. Learned that Maple, Sword, and Shield still have their Telum. And... I imagine we will get Eternatus back for Dark Matter.

"Everyone gets their happy ending. Team Spectrum can feel all warm and fuzzy about that, because things keep finding ways to work out." Frowning, Bahamut shook his head. "They see success. I see all of these reunions and am just... reminded of the constant failures. That any victories for me have always come at significant costs.

"No sacrifices have been made thus far." Bahamut's expression darkened. "But I will return to a situation that requires sacrifice. Eternatus will break free of its seals. But do I simply let it happen and hope it uses powers it stole from me to travel to other dimensions and leave Etherium alone? Or do I cause the planet's destruction... and give myself a chance at destroying it?"

Bahamut snorted. "Logic dictates the latter action serves the greater good. But no one on Team Spectrum would see it that way. They'd look it as an 'evil' dragon destroying his home planet because he's a killer. 'Why can't you find a third option?'" He flicked his tail dismissively. "As I said, these Overseers did not fairly distribute their miracles. There are no third options in my dimension."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cal frowned, thoughtful, but she knew nothing about it. She didn't really know how Bahamut's world operated, or why it worked the way it did, or the very nature of that world.

"You might be right," Cal said, "but I don't really know if... that's everything there is to it, either. But... you probably heard this crap from people all the time, so I won't go over my take if you don't think there's a point."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I've only heard Team Spectrum people telling me not to give up," Bahamut deadpanned.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut folded his wings. "Maybe the others don't have the greatest home lives, but they all still have something enjoyable. Friends or family or jobs. Etcetera, etcetera." His tail twitched. "If they didn't have some happy memories, they'd make similarly cynical suggestions as me. Or just not say anything."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"You don't have happy memories?" Cal probed. "...I mean... I'm just saying... out of all the worlds, everyone here, yours is the only one that's hopeless, with only two dead options, and that's it? I just... don't see how that adds up, man. Especially after you mentioning that something about you is just discarded." Cal crossed her wings to mimic Bahamut.

"...You're talking about destroying a force of nature by sacrificing a whole planet. You may not be able to warp reality the way other gods here can... but that still seems like a god to me. You're acting as a god in that world. But you never call yourself one, because you're 'not like the gods.' But I dunno, Bahamut. It sounds to me like you've got a god complex and your discarded joy is making you see it differently... And that might be the same for your world situation, too. There might be people in that world who can help you after all." She sighed. "But the problem, I dunno. You have to recover that missing piece of you again. And don't give me that 'I'm trash I'm hopeless it's pointless' crap, I get that enough from my siblings and a couple others from Spectrum. You're a goddamn ultra-psychic. you guys can do a lot." She looked off. "But... whatever, I guess. I talked more'n I wanted."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, It's more like... when the seals break, Eternatus is so big that when it reappears the planet will break apart." Bahamut twirled a lower wing tip in a circle. "It's like... imagine you putting Owen's poké ball in a soufflé and opening it. The soufflé will far apart."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Mm..." Cal looked up, thoughtful. He'd ignored everything else that she'd said. Was that because he was repressing it, or because it wasn't worth his time? One way or the other, there wasn't any point in her pursuing that, it seemed...

"I guess," she finally said. "Keeping an eye out for solutions that'll get you more teammates still wouldn't hurt. World's cooperation and all that, kinda like Cibus."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom