• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen loosened next, though he knew how unpredictable Shadows could be. "Whatever happened in the past, things don't need to be the same now," he said gently. "...I was the same way. I... Well, I used to, uh... kill. My fighting spirit used to be a lot more dangerous, and I was... I enjoyed it. It wasn't like what you went through, Cino, it was worse--and if I can get better, so can you."

Wishkeeper glared down at Owen, as if reprimanding him for speaking so casually about it. But Owen felt that this was something Cino would want to hear--from someone who could relate, as far-flung as the circumstances were.

Torchic

Torchic Hugger
Pronouns
he
Cino stayed quiet for a little while longer, and Tary was surprised at Owen. Did he say the truth, or did he just say that to try and calm Cino down?

It seemed to work, the tense air disappeared around him, and he looked at Tary with begging eyes. Did he finally realize that he was innocent?

"Tary, Owen, ...thank you. That Shadow almost took control over me again..."

Under his breath, Tary whispered, "Don't ever scare me like that."

"Owen... you and your Shadow... is he... friendly? How did you do that?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Wishkeeper?" Owen asked, looking over his shoulder. He nodded. "Well... every Shadow is different, I think. Just like every person is different. My Shadow is a manifestation of... a part of me that I left behind a long time ago. Someone who's a little more jaded, I guess. He helps me see things for how they are, at least when we even each other out. And he and I work together because we're the same person, in the end, right?"

Wishkeeper watched in silence.

"Would... you like to speak to him?"

Torchic

Torchic Hugger
Pronouns
he
Cino had mostly calmed down by now. Talking to a Shadow? Maybe it could be helpful to understand them a little better... Maybe there even was a way to get rid of it, somehow? Or at least defuse it, to turn it tame... Just a slim of a tiny possibility that Cino could not worry about an otherworldly being taking control over him whenever he's angry, or sad, or...

"...Yes. I'd like to." He would accept any chance to find out more about his Shadow. Literally anything. "But, I think I should rest for today. It's been... rough. We can meet up later somewhere." Cino sighed. "I need a break."

Owen seemed to agree, seeing that Cino almost had a breakdown just now.

"Yes, Cino, you should get some rest, and try to... process what you had seen just now." Tary went up to Cino and put his head on his shoulder again. "If you need someone to talk to, I'm here."

"Thanks, Tary. I'm glad to have you back."

<><><><><>​

R7: Bahamut asks Seyka about steely stuff

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
This was... not something Bahamut expected. Of course, it wasn't like he had to do much in the way of hygiene as a big hunk of crystal. Now, though... it didn't seem like that was going to fly. But the products he'd found around the guild did not agree with his new metal coat.

Fortunately, he did have a teammate who'd been a steel-type their whole life. So, at least the necrozma had that, right?

"Look at you. The big ol' grump trying to go shopping." From his position on Bahamut's back, Esper pet one of his arms. "Gotta boost up that charisma stat, eh? You're about as inviting as a fence post right now."

"Thank you for the insight," Bahamut said flatly.

RJR Basimilus

Arceus is nice I suppose...
Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Ahh, where'd you go?" Seyka cried, his wings ruffling slightly. He had his head low, the tip almost touching the ground, as he stalked around.

After a few moments, he sighed, lifting his head up in defeat. Spotting the pair nearby, he waved a wing.

"Hey hey," the Skarmory said. "Sorry to bother, but have you seen a rock anywhere?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Esper poked his head up. "There are rocks everywhere, dude. Gotta be more specific."

Bahamut frowned. "Did you not see my text message?" Well, it didn't matter, since the skarmory actually showed up. Though he was clearly preoccupied. "I take it you've misplaced your Ultra Stone?"

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"If that's what it's called, I suppose so," Seyka said. "I don't think I got the message either. Do you send those through the badge?" The Skarmory smiled. "I keep forgetting that it can do all that; I guess that's my fault."

"But yes," the Skarmory continued, "I was bringing my rock around because I heard it turns into a friend if you have it long enough. Somehow, I lost it."

Seyka shook his head. "I'll find it eventually. What are you guys doing around here- er, I still don't know names. I haven't been very attentive."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"This big lug hasn't been a steel-type before." Esper tapped the back of Bahamut's head. "He needs to find hygiene products that work with his metal coat. Y'know, soap and stuff."

Bahamut sighed. "Yes, something like that."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Hygiene? That- that is a good question," Seyka said. "Uhm, whenever I feel dirty, I just jump in the river, but I guess it might be different. I don't really have any standards for that sort of thing since I've lived in a forest my whole life," the Skarmory said ruefully.

"And I know metal rusts too!" he added hurriedly. "But I guess when it's pokemon metal it just... doesn't? If I had to guess, what if you just got some acid? Failing that, uh, I feel like I've heard that flour works? I don't know, I haven't been in a kitchen in years."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut didn't have a solid response to that other than, "Metal can still attract odor."

"Yeah, case in point, Baha Blast here has smelled like sulfur and brimstone ever since we fought Groudon." Esper chuckled. "Perhaps a refreshing smell for the fire-types on the team, but not for everyone."

"There has to be something effective steel-types can use." Bahamut's shoulders sagged.

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Well, maybe there isn't an all-in-one," Seyka said thoughtfully, "What if you start with cleaning and then..." the Skarmory trailed off, looking down.

"I guess you have to decide if you want to just get rid of odor or replace it. I can't think of any way to just neutralize a scent. I guess if you wanted to smell nicer though- maybe soap would actually work. I can't really think of anything else."

"What if he wore a bottle of perfume around his neck?" the Archen wrapped around Seyka's neck asked.

"I guess it's pragmatic, but not really a solution," the Skarmory mused. After a moment, he craned his neck to look at the Archen in silence. "Oh. I see." he said.

He looked back at Bahamut. "I guess it is something to consider though. If you're worried about smell, what if you just carried something that smells good with you?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Wow. He didn't think Seyka would still be this ignorant of these types of things after they'd lived here three months. Bahamut looked down. "It's not just about that. Dirty metal can attract grime and germs."

"Whiiiiiich you didn't have to worry about when you were a big ol' light crystal because you just burned that stuff away." Esper floated around Bahamut's forehead. "But now you're a big cat!" After a pause, he added, "Wonder why all the cats on our team are a bunch of weirdoes."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
The Skarmory tilted his head. "More or less that's an inevitability past a point. But I could be wrong, I guess I'm just used to being disgusting and dirty." Seyka grinned. "What's stopping you from burning it away now? Sure, fire hurts, but if you're careful I bet it would work."

"How big of a deal is being presentable anyway?" Seyka mused, "All of you guys are basically the linchpin of the save the world effort or whatever. They're not going to send you home because you're dirty."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Puh-lease. What would a grouchy loner like him care about being presentable?" Esper rolled over so his right arm dangled off Bahamut's forehead. "Outside of these battles, he's spent the majority of his time here by himself."

"The grime is an irritant." Bahamut scratched his hind legs together. "I need to get rid of it so I can more effectively focus on the things that matter. Like not dying while our leader is missing."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"I suppose dying is a fair enough reason," Seyka said. "Something acidic seems like the best option."

"Or setting yourself on fire," the Archen commented quietly.

"That too, if you want," the Skarmory said, nodding. "Personally, I'm not too worried. Maybe the guy, uh, Diyem! Yeah, Diyem, he's probably just taking a break. Everyone needs one of those every once and awhile."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut kept a blank expression on his face. It sounded more and more like this skarmory lived in whatever his world's equivalent of under a rock was. Acid? Fire? Did he really think those were good ideas?

"There was a brief instance where his translation powers faded," Bahamut said. "I don't think he's just taking a break. And I'm sure our teammates would disagree with that idea, too."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Seyka pondered for a moment. "Well, that's his problem if he went into this whole thing not knowing how to take care of himself. If it were me, I'd just- do better," he said confidently. "Structure it like a business you know? Saving the world bureaucratically."

The Skarmory made a face. "Or maybe not. It's been more of an organic process so far."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut couldn't see Esper when he glanced up. The poipole was back on his head. "Bureaucracy would make things worse for us, not better." He tilted his head slightly. "Just... how much contact did you have with other people back in home?"

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Enough to get by- I think," Seyka said. "The longest I've gone without meeting someone new was around sixty to seventy years. But I was fine. Plus my brother would always tell me about different places he visited; cause he was always traveling."

The Skarmory frowned. "He doesn't do that as much anymore."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom