• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Hot Cocoa Therapy Offices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"If you wish."

Breaker approached, and Bean looked startled. "Um, wait, now? What? Did I miss something?"

"You did not. Hold still. I search."

Brisa would feel a sudden presence, but it was oddly gentle. Breaker, despite the name, seemed to be performing her moves very delicately, like a light, gliding pressure along her forehead that brushed against her ears and then the back of her head. It settled there, and it felt like it was going deeper. It relied on none of the five senses, yet Brisa definitely could feel her there.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
A mon's memories are their own. What happened to me, what I've experienced . . . it belongs to me.

Brisa fixed her gaze on Bean, studying his form, reading his expression. She'd accepted just by coming here that the Psychics would look inside her head. Did he know why that mattered? Did Fugu? The Psychics must understand, considering how they'd behaved around her. Would Breaker see every part of her? Judge her? Scrutinise what she thought, what she felt?

Carefully now, Ranger. Don't go losin' yer grip.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The way Breaker seemed to move about within Brisa's mind was surreal and serene. She drifted along with the currents, not touching anything, not so much as lingering anywhere that she did not need to. Her quiet presence was no more prominent than an imaginary friend, perhaps just slightly more tangible.

Breaker stopped somewhere within Brisa's mind and quietly faded out. She then took a step back from Brisa, saying, "You have no such seals."

"That's a relief," Bean said, smiling.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"No kiddin'," said Brisa. "Right, is there any reason we can't have the whole of Team Spectrum, God Squad, an' any significant members of Poppin' Arms through this process in an orderly fashion?"

She found herself running her paw over her skull. Now that was an old habit she hadn't expected to come back. No claws this time, at least.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I'll do what I can to make sure it happens," growled Brisa. "It's pretty fuckin' important if'n ya ask me."

Diyem thinks y'should be in therapy. Owen thinks it. Doubtless other folks too. You're here. You're here.

"While I'm here..."

Y'ain't right. Y'need help.

"Ah, is there anythin' at all the team could do to assist y'all in pursuin' this memory seal issue?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Fugu stared at Brisa, saying nothing, though something seemed to have caught her attention.

"I suppose one way is to just tell everyone to come here for a checkup," Bean said. "You know, a lot of Team Spectrum hasn't really come here despite the recommendation. I suppose a lot of them think they're just fine, but, well... this Blacklight business isn't exactly standard."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"It may be of help," Bean said, nodding. "Owen has been very well-adjusted thanks, in part, to his cooperativeness. I'm sure he's raved about it to you now and then."

"You are hesitant," Fugu stated, and then she looked toward the others. "I believe we are done here? WAs there anything more for us to disclose?"

"I don't think so... Our findings weren't very substantial." Bean looked at Wheat, but he said nothing.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Well, I'll pass the word around. If it comes from me, most of the team ought to at least pay it mind. Thank y'all kindly f'yer assitance in this, it'll be one hell of a relief when we can rule out however many folks as bein' unwittin' spies."

Brisa eyed Fugu. What was goin' on in her head, anyway? What did she mean by that comment?

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I suppose. If the whole team is gettin' looked at."

Brisa took the implicit invitation, and followed Fugu out.

Why's this such a big deal, anyway? It ain't like there's even a head-doctor in Frontier Town fer you to have had reservations about, what even is this?

"Reckon I'm doin' just fine, though."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa's tail thrashed. "Better'n ever."

She reached for that space in her head she was becoming familiar with, and pushed.

I don't get to be happy.

The sigh like autumn leaves in the wind. The hot, dry feeling. The chains of light. Her Shadow, come to life.

"She can't perceive me, you know," said Sombra.

"My Shadow is walkin' beside me right now, as it happens," drawled Brisa. "She goes by Sombra. Wish y'could see her. Would love t'see yer reaction."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"It's about fuckin' time we talked t'someone about our fuckin' wounds with a view t'healin' 'em."

Brisa eyed the Shadow. Exasperation, despair, fatigue. Was that really her?

"She's happier t'be here than I am," was all she said.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
A dozen response cascaded in Brisa's brain, unsaid.

Sombra had no such issues getting her thoughts out. "I wanna be in less pain. Don't much care how it happens."

"She just wants a break," said Brisa. She bit her cheek at the realisation that she meant it, too.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"She does everythin' I do, I guess," said Brisa. She's with me all the time. She' the part of me I don't pay mind to. The part that's . . . tired."

Sombra padded softly along beside her, and shook her head sadly. They came to sit side by side in front of Fugu's desk, watching.

"I work pretty hard, I guess," elaborated Brisa. "Trainin', studyin', an' so on. Been tryin' to take it easier lately. Doin' fine."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom