• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Chip's Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Still on about-- What the fuck was Nate's damage? What, was he just going to act like it'd been some unfortunate goofy comment he was hung up on for no reason, like he hadn't attacked him in the fucking street over it?

He fixed the Marshtomp with an incredulous glare while he weighed up how to respond through the fog of exhaustion in his brain. God, it wasn't fucking worth it. He had much better things to do than deal with Nate's shit right now. If he'd actually decided he was fine and not a child predator now, great. Fantastic. Better late than never.

"You know what, fine. You want to help, go look for Soda's last Substitute. He's got to be around somewhere." And conveniently, looking for him would mean Nate'd fuck off.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
The mightyena glared at him like he wanted to start something, and Nate glared back, only daring him to. Want to make something of it, asshole? Would serve Rocky right if being nice got him in another proper fight.

But ultimately all the mightyena did was tell him to go look for the other Soda substitute. Which, fine. Fucking whatever. Nate nodded curtly. "Yeah. I can do that."

He glanced around for Rocky. "Bring the bag over here." The familiar looked nervous, but he padded a little closer, holding the bag down where Nate could reach. The marshtomp plunged an arm in and dug around for a second before coming up with an unassuming dark hunk of rock.

He considered a moment, then tossed the Ultra Stone in the dirt in front of the mightyena. Nobody could blame him for that, mightyena don't have hands, he couldn't hand it to the guy.

"When we got the parasite out of Giovanni's mewtwo, he started, like, disintegrating or some shit," Nate said. "But we were able to get him to go into one of the Ultra Stones, and I guess it kept him alive." Hopefully alive and okay. "I dunno what's gonna happen when we try to get the parasite outta Soda, if it's gonna completely fuck him up or what. But if it looks bad, maybe that'll help. I figure you'd be able to get closer with it than me." Nate crossed his arms again. "That's my last one, so don't go doing nothing stupid with it."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave blinked at the Ultra Stone, chest tightening. Was that what'd happened to the Mewtwo? Fuck.

"Right. Thanks."

He rolled the stone towards him with a paw, careful. "What, is Mewtwo...? Can it form a familiar or some shit? Or just trapped inside the stone?" What kind of existence would that be, a ghost inside what was ultimately just a fucking rock?

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"From what Diyem was saying, I think he should be able to form some kind of body from the stone. Like Darkwhite, except hopefully not fucking insane. But I don't know. I have to go see if he's woken up yet. He kind of got sucked up into the stone, and Diyem said he was passed out in there but stable, and that's the last I saw of him. He was looking real fucking bad before we tried with the Ultra Stone, so I figured he'd be out for a while."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave took a deep breath, nodding. "Right. Should probably check on that."

He maneuvered the backpack off his back and onto the ground. "Mia said she wanted to train with you," he said stiffly as he made room to stuff the Ultra Stone inside. "Soon. Whenever. Test the new powers, whatever the fuck."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate watched the mightyena wrestle his quadruped pack onto the ground and stick the Ultra Stone inside. Sometimes it felt pretty fucking nice to be walking upright again. "She hatched too, huh?" he said as neutrally as possible. "Well, she's welcome anytime. I bet Rocky'd love a chance to cut loose with the new powers."

The familiar's eyes glowed brilliantly, and he was leaning forward in eager anticipation, tail flicking back and forth. "Uh-huh!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave got the stone into the bag and hoisted it back onto his shoulders. He wondered fleetingly how Nate and the original Rocky had even known each other. He was pretty sure Mia'd told him Rocky was some kind of fucking mystery shapeshifter.

"I'll tell her," he said, turning to leave again. "See you."

The new Ultra Stone was heavy on his back, even empty. Maybe, if they were lucky, he wouldn't have to use it at all.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yeah. Later," Nate grunted. He watched the mightyena slink off. Not to bed, Nate thought. Some other errand. Guy was gonna beat himself down so much he wouldn't be able to see straight by the time they actually went to the moon.

Nate sighed and rubbed his face. Fuck that. A horrifying thought occurred to him, and he jerked his head upward, scanning the sky. But Eien was gone, fucked off on some errand or other. Good. It would be really fucking awkward if she'd seen him tossing one of her eggs around like that.

Rocky, on the other hand, was practically breathing down Nate's neck, beaming fit to split his gelatinous face. God, this was the worst part. Rocky was going to be insufferable for days.

"That's it. That was one thing. I did one thing. I'm done now," Nate said.

"Uh-huh." Rocky grinned. "You did okay."

"Fuck 'okay.' I deserve a fucking medal."

"How about a hug instead?" The familiar tried to wrap Nate in his arms, but Nate shoved him off.

"Not here. Somebody's gonna see," he muttered.

Rocky smiled and straightened up again, looking as energetic as anything. Maybe that was some kinda eterna thing, just never getting tired. "I don't feel better," Nate said.

"Uh-huh."

Nate glared at him, then sighed. "Let's just get back already. I need to sleep for a week."

"Where am I going to sleep? I can't fit in your box anymore now that I can't go into my core."

"On the couch or something. We can figure it out later. Let's... just fucking go."

What a weird fucking day. And perhaps the weirdest thing of all was Rocky actually managed to keep his mouth shut all the way to Rocky Road, and let Nate finally sleep in peace.

<><><>​

R15 ~ Facing the Truth

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Hey, nerd. I texted you a while ago."

Lexx glanced up from his spot at one of the computers in the lab. He was leaning back in his chair, feet resting on the desk, apparently waiting for a bunch of text on the screen to finish doing something.

He shrugged. "Got wrapped up in my work. You know how it is."

Starr rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Come on, Brisa and Astrid want to try out some high-level skills. The kind of stuff that I need you around for."

Lexx put a hand to his chest. "How about I just hand you my Ultra Stone and we call it good?"

"You're hilarious," Starr replied in a deadpan. "Come on, they're waiting. Bring your nerd shit, you can work on it there."

Lexx sighed dramatically and plugged a cable into his tablet, moving some files onto it. During the wait, Starr let her eyes wander around the lab... and found them drifting toward the cells on the far side of the room, against her better judgement.

"I don't know how you can stand spending so much time in the same room as those things," Starr said with a grimace. "I guess they probably just ignore shades, don't they?"

"Not anymore--watch." Lexx walked over and casually leaned against the barrier as the remaining parasite inside the cell lunged at him. Starr made a look of disgust.

"What, it's not like it can get out," he said, ignoring the thuds on the barrier behind him.

"Not taking any chances," Starr replied flatly, avoiding looking at it. "Which one is that, anyway? Is that the one that got pulled out of Maple, or one of the other ones?"

Lexx raised a finger to answer... and then paused. "Ah. I forgot. Hey Chip, where'd this one come from again?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"That one came from Mewtwo," Chip called back, drifting into the room. "But the only difference is that one had more energy in it, and it disturbed Diyem. Aside from that, it actually is weak. One of those things that's bigger but doesn't really seem all that strong when you get down to it..." He sighed. "But it's the last one we have. I can't do anything risky anymore, either..."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr relaxed somewhat. "So the one that was in Maple's gone, then." That was good. Lexx gave her a sideways glance, but he didn't comment.

"So when you say 'weak,' you mean compared to what, exactly?" Starr asked with a tone of indifference. "Something with enough energy to brainwash gods doesn't really scream 'weak' to me."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Well, sure, but have you ever seen Pine after a cold?" Chip countered. "Sometimes little things can get through to even the mightiest titans. Poor guy couldn't leave the washroom for--anyway, it's weak in that compared to other things we've dealt with, this little guy could probably be fought off by the average citizen as long as, you know, they saw them coming. If they get into your system, that's probably another story..."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr glanced away, furrowing her brow. Yeah, you're telling me. So they were easy to destroy but could overwhelm pretty much anyone. That should've made her feel better. And it wasn't like she was the only one who'd...

"Did Owen ever stop by here?" Starr asked suddenly.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr shrugged impassively. "No reason. I just was wondering. You know... since he had one of those things in him all that time, with no one noticing. I wondered if there were any... noticeable side effects."

'Nice save. Real smooth.'

'Oh, shut up.'

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr let out the breath she'd been holding. "Right. Okay, that's good."

'You know, you could just talk to Owen. Bond over mutual brainslugging.'

"Are you ready to go yet?" Starr snapped, rounding on Lexx.

He raised both hands disarmingly. "What, I'm almost ready." He went to unplug his tablet and shoved it into his bag along with some other things.

'Seriously though. Just talk to him.'

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr exhaled slowly, rubbing her temples. "We're fine, I'm just. Never mind. Sorry for making things weird."

Lexx shouldered his bag. "We'll get outta your hair now. Good luck with fixing Mecha Reshiram again," he said, giving a small wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom