• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[CYOA] You Are a Rock

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Oof. Poor Lenora! She's really doing her best for us...

Well, it was worth a try at least. Weird that she's having so much trouble when we didn't have any issues injuring Weavile... Do we have some kind of energy that her Pokemon don't?
Namo's used this trope in a number of his stories, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's going on here. I'm guessing we have some connection to whatever Weavile is, and that allows us to damage him normally... and I hope knock him out!

Sucks that we'll have to give up the camouflage Lenora provided us with, but I don't feel great about lying low and just hoping Weavile doesn't try to hurt her/abduct her/anything else bad!

I think I'm going to go with a Rocky Tackle so we don't, like, immediately faint from energy loss? If that's what would happen after we hit zero...

> Consider: I need to look for a good opening!

> Special Action: Rocky Tackle @ Weavile

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
RESULTS

Rocky Tackle at Weavile!

Considerations:
- (1) I need to carefully dodge Weavile's actions!
- (1) I need to look for a good opening!

Now it's personal. Lenora, a target? All this fighting and not once were humans being targeted by civilized Pokemon. Humans didn't seem to fight. Lenora fought by summoning Pokemon. She does not look like a fighter herself.

You break your cover just as Weavile fires at her. He spots you and there's a glimmer of surprise in his eyes, but his body does not react any further. Instead, the ice pierces Lenora's shoulder during her dodge, passes through, and goes into the wall, leaving a hole in her shoulder and the museum. Braviary screeches in alarm and stops what he's doing, flying to her.

"If anyone can hear me, we need help! Our lives are in danger!!!"

You shout this as much as your telepathy allows. Raise the volume if you can! Anything to be heard, if it's at all possible. And at the same time, you smash into Weavile... You don't see anyone coming to your aid. Not immediately.

And the give the body returns is sickening. You crunch his arm like a twig, going into his chest. The strange resilience Weavile had evaporates in an instant. His chest caves in from the impact and he coughs a glob of blood onto your rock. You hear his heart and go further, snapping... something else inside, before finally bouncing away. Your body touches inner flesh not meant to be touched. Your stony surface turns crimson.

Direct hit! You deal... 1 damage! Weavile goes down!

"What?" Weavile croaked, barely able to breathe. Apparently, you missed his lungs, despite hitting so much else. "No... NO...!"

He still has energy, but not to fight. On his back, he uses the arm you hadn't crunched to pull himself away. His legs weren't working properly. All he had was his arm.

Lenora is on the ground, a pool of blood from her shoulder and onto the ground. Her other arm is holding the wound, applying pressure. She says something to Braviary, who flies deeper into town at speeds that left distortions in the air. You sense... that she is okay, for now. It could have been worse... like Weavile.

You turn your attention to Weavile again. No longer a threat, you instead realize that he is trying to get away, trying to dig into his bag. Perhaps he has a means to escape, even in his so severely harmed state. Perhaps Pokemon can bounce back from even this, given the proper care...

But now, you hold all of the power. And you feel... something within you stir. A new power... But what will it become? You feel as though depending on how you go forward here... a part of you will awaken.

You feel... as if you could suppress it all, and let him go. Perhaps something would happen there, sparing him to flee and live another day. Somehow, this... disagrees with you... but with so little to go by, it is still an option to take.

You could try to restrain him instead, sap his energy... Perhaps he will live. Maybe you could question him? But that also runs the risk of him fleeing, being rescued, attacking... You do not know what tricks he has, no matter what precautions you take.

You could kill him. At this point, it would be trivial. And this power bubbling within you... would make the matter quick and easy. Weavile would be no more. But, do you have that right, the right to kill even as he flees? What ramifications would that have for this place, this world? Well... you are sure you could call it justified. Also, you're a rock. You are doubtful their legal proceedings would know how to handle that.

But there is... another option. You do not know where the option comes from, or what it means, but it is a word. The word holds so much weight behind it. A deep power. Are you ready for that? What would come with it? A burning curiosity and yearning tells you to try anyway... but you are uncertain. All you know is that it, too, would kill Weavile... but there would also be something more. The word echoes over and over in your mind, throbbing like a migraine: Claim.

The world stands still. Weavile, showing fear in his eyes instead of his stoic frown, will flee shortly.

What do you do?

DECISION

What is Weavile's fate?

1. Spare. Let him go.
2. Restrain. He isn't going anywhere.
3. Kill. He's too dangerous to leave alive.
4. Claim.

Current Status
HP: 2/4
Energy: 1/6
Offense: 2
Defense: 1

Considerations:
- (!) I need to carefully dodge Weavile's actions!
- (!) I need to look for a good opening!

Top Bottom