• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Crimson Crescent [Villains Pub RP Thread]

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Helixians?" It was hard not to disguise the amusement in Paradox's voice. "Your little religion is named after a mathematical shape? How quaint."

Each set of his tentacles coiled up around one another. "What's better than a single helix? Two, of course. Because, gods or no gods, that's what you humans amount to. Billions upon billions of double helixes. So delicate. So fragile. But so very capable when bestowed with truly free will."

His tentacles finished coiling and they pulsated with ripples of psychic energy. "Isn't it fascinating how humans can show such brilliance, but something as tiny and seemingly insignificant as a virus can bring ruin upon them?

"Truly, my 'kind' is ever so thankful to have such capable humans. And it will make my eventual addition of such limited worlds to my empire all the more interesting."

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
"Truly, my 'kind' is ever so thankful to have such capable humans. And it will make my eventual addition of such limited worlds to my empire all the more interesting."
Kohath huffed. "Don't be surprised to find my world hard to conquer. You'll know the power of a true god, then."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Paradox rolled his eyes. "That's the problem with the god-worshipping types. They will always handicap themselves because they believe their god will step in and save them in a pinch." He shook his head. "But no matter how much will a god has, their domain is and will always be limited."

His tentacles twisted. "Remove them from that domain, and they are just like any other creature. Human, pokemon, or otherwise."

Yes, why would he risk his position by invading enemy territory? If he solved the mysteries behind the rifts and controlled them, what was stopping Paradox from forcing the other worlds into his universe? Because the moment he would pull them through, their gods would become as mortal as anyone, easily able to be whittled away into nothingness. Aghast and confused, the followers would surrender. Or he'd have to settle things by force.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
The woman had stopped talking. Perhaps she was distracted by what seemed to be an argument between very powerful creatures, but it seemed to dominate all other events in the bar.

Though Asaph didn't interpret it as real anyway. Everyone may as well have faded away.

But shouldn't poison or a blow to the head or a massive stroke or whatever had caused him to hallucinate this place to begin with have kicked in by now? Shouldn't everything have faded away, to be replaced only by the void? No, perhaps he would yet survive this, though in what mental state, he could only guess.

"I'll take the most expensive drink you have," he requested at the bar.

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
Paradox rolled his eyes. "That's the problem with the god-worshipping types. They will always handicap themselves because they believe their god will step in and save them in a pinch." He shook his head. "But no matter how much will a god has, their domain is and will always be limited."

His tentacles twisted. "Remove them from that domain, and they are just like any other creature. Human, pokemon, or otherwise."
Kohath scratched his beard. Removing a god from their world? Could that be done to HELIX? No, HELIX was bound to HIS world on a fundamental level, wasn't HE? He should ask HIM when he returned to the palace. That is, if he would remember any of this - he had a faint feeling he wouldn't. At least that would mean the tentacled creature wouldn't remember it, either... though it didn't stop some other world-hopping entity from posing the same threat.

He shook his head. Perhaps all this was business meant for gods to deal with, not mortals.

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
Dokrul listens to the debate, shaking her head all the while. She had already made her stance on those who were called gods clear. But if that virus believed that dragging a god out of its realm would render it vulnerable, he was sorely mistaken. After all, they were the product of not just worship and ego, but strength as well. No response yet from the one in their presence.

But shouldn't poison or a blow to the head or a massive stroke or whatever had caused him to hallucinate this place to begin with have kicked in by now? Shouldn't everything have faded away, to be replaced only by the void? No, perhaps he would yet survive this, though in what mental state, he could only guess.

"I'll take the most expensive drink you have," he requested at the bar.
So she turns her attention to another manh for the time being. "Price does not equal quality," the winged woman advises. Probably going to convince him even more this is a bad trip with the cold coming from her body and her Frosmoth wings, but she can probably sense that and is doing so anyway. But if she could find at least one bit of common ground with the human race, it was in fermented fruit, alcohols and wines.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
she turns her attention to another manh for the time being. "Price does not equal quality," the winged woman advises. Probably going to convince him even more this is a bad trip with the cold coming from her body and her Frosmoth wings, but she can probably sense that and is doing so anyway. But if she could find at least one bit of common ground with the human race, it was in fermented fruit, alcohols and wines.
"I know," Asaph sighed, "but I might as well see what passes for high end in a place like this."

The cold was somewhat pleasant, despite how he shivered from it.

"Unless you have any suggestions."

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
"I know," Asaph sighed, "but I might as well see what passes for high end in a place like this."

The cold was somewhat pleasant, despite how he shivered from it.

"Unless you have any suggestions."
Dokrul taps the table as she considers this. "I suppose curiosity is a reasonable excuse. But I'll tell you what, manh. You suggest me what your race's best drink is, and I will suggest you mine."

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Dokrul taps the table as she considers this. "I suppose curiosity is a reasonable excuse. But I'll tell you what, manh. You suggest me what your race's best drink is, and I will suggest you mine."
Manh. He hadn't misheard.

"That depends on your taste, your culture, and so on. What do you, personally, consider when thinking of 'the best'?"

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
Manh. He hadn't misheard.
It sounded like "man" except with an elongated M sound, to where it's like two syllables. She said it matter-of-factly, like saying the name of a species. Given her next words, it's simple enough to discern. their word for human.

"That depends on your taste, your culture, and so on. What do you, personally, consider when thinking of 'the best'?"
"We Akeresa - what you call Pokemon - consider many factors when it comes to wines. The thickness or lack thereof, the richness, the quality of the ingredients, who or what ferments the fruit, and so forth. Not everything is to everyone's tastes, but those held in the highest regard are those that appeal to anyone's." She smirked and added, "Anyone with taste, that is. But speaking personally, I have no particular likes or dislikes. My personal recommendation would be a Starf wine due to its rarity and smooth flavor, one of our finest, but I can name you some more specific delicacies. It depends what you seek in a wine.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
"We Akeresa - what you call Pokemon - consider many factors when it comes to wines. The thickness or lack thereof, the richness, the quality of the ingredients, who or what ferments the fruit, and so forth. Not everything is to everyone's tastes, but those held in the highest regard are those that appeal to anyone's." She smirked and added, "Anyone with taste, that is. But speaking personally, I have no particular likes or dislikes. My personal recommendation would be a Starf wine due to its rarity and smooth flavor, one of our finest, but I can name you some more specific delicacies. It depends what you seek in a wine.
He was going to ignore the strange name. After all, if there really was some unified word that pokémon called themselves, it would have been blurred out by a Chatot or some such centuries ago. This was something else he was hallucinating.

"You know, I've never tried Enigma berry wine..." he mused.

Though in truth he was hoping for something much stronger than wine.

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
He was going to ignore the strange name. After all, if there really was some unified word that pokémon called themselves, it would have been blurred out by a Chatot or some such centuries ago. This was something else he was hallucinating.

"You know, I've never tried Enigma berry wine..." he mused.
His reaction to their name does not escape Dokrul's notice. "Don't look so surprised," she said. "Your kind used to call us many things. The etymology of Pokemon is from pocket monster, named simply for how your enslavement spheres can fit in a pocket. Why would we call ourselves that?" She took a swig of her own drink, slamming the cup down with a clang. "Those of us without pride, anyway. Though if the masses where you're from are even weaker-willed than those where I'm from..."

She quaked with fury as she trailed off. Her head jerked towards the blood-red Lunala. "Barkeep. Two Enigma berry wines. Strong." She needed a stiff drink, and it would suffice for now.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Well now, that simply wasn't the case. He sighed, wondering why his subconscious was doing this to him. If Jiri were here, he would say something about how the term "pocket monster" referred to how the creatures could shrink down, and was used long before the advent of such devices. But also if Jiri were here, the boy would get distracted by his own point and delve into the history of capture devices used prior to the invention of apricorn balls, possibly also delving into alternate capture methods such as those found in Ransei, something Asaph knew the boy only knew about because of his crush on a noblewoman in a painting from that region.

Maybe that was the conclusion that his mind was leading him to, that he knew on some level that his beloved pupil would never look at him that way.

Regardless, he simply smirked a bit. "Strong wine?

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
Dokrul noted the continued skepticism from the man. Perhaps this was a case of alternate universes at work. After all, even before her arrival here she had heard of worlds where their species was the dominant one. They were also disgusting and unnatural, from the stories about them.

No matter. "If you think you can handle a strong wine," she said in response, returning his smirk.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Dokrul noted the continued skepticism from the man. Perhaps this was a case of alternate universes at work. After all, even before her arrival here she had heard of worlds where their species was the dominant one. They were also disgusting and unnatural, from the stories about them.

No matter. "If you think you can handle a strong wine," she said in response, returning his smirk.
"Wine isn't usually noted for its strength. You usually need something like liquor for that. But I'm in the mood for a surprise."

Top Bottom