• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Non-Pokémon Children of the stars

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Special thanks to Chekhov for letting me use his ideas

Many of the events of this story are based on the "Ask WhitePearl and Steven" webcomic, written and Illustrated by thechekhov

But first, content warning.
Implied human experimentation
Child abuse
Possible character death

To you 5,000 years from now

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
The air was silent, a silence that couldn't be compared to any other of its kind. The only place where the silence would be comparable would be the that of the Kindergartens on the planet below. But even in those Kindergartens, the wind could be heard flowing through the canyons and trenches that were made to facilitate the injectors.

The Earth could be seen far below, in its primeval glory, and the faint glow of the atmosphere could be seen. Small amounts of light where the Empire had set up their operations could be seen as well, even small blips of light in the middle east where humanity had been starting to develop more complex civilization.

Hundreds, if not thousands of gem ships could be seen ascending through and out of the atmosphere of the planet, fleeing tor their own safety due to what was about to happen. Whoever would be left behind would be completely obliterated, but their sacrifices would not be in vain. After all, this direct attack on Earth would destroy once lowly rebellion once and for all. A way to make recompense for what was supposedly the biggest embarrassment in the history of the local cluster.

But in the end, that might not matter. Pink Diamond couldn't be brought back, but her murderer would be finally brought to justice. At first, it would have been preferred to just capture Rose Quartz and bring her back to homeworld for trial, but with how large her rebellion had grown, that was now impossible.

Rose Quartz and her "Crystal Gems" had to be destroyed, here and now.

Both Yellow, and Blue Diamond held their hands out, their Aura flowing out of their gems and around their light constructs for bodies, and a moment later White did so as well. The Aura was beginning to concentrate in their hands, and it combined into a glowing ball of multi-colored light, white yellow and blue. It got bigger and bigger, and was soon released, as a blinding ball of light, that would briefly outshine the Sun itself, and everything went white.

A boy woke up gasping in his loft bed, hitting his head on the ceiling less than two feet above his head, the strange crystalline deformity on his forehead leaving another mark on the ceiling.

"Ow..." He had placed his hand on his forehead, trying to soothe the dull pain on his forehead. He glanced at the digital clock he had on his wall, trying to find what time it was. 4:21AM. He sighed, and proceeded to climb down the ladder on his loft.

"I need a drink..." It didn't take him very long to get to the kitchen, but just after he got his water, he noticed something in the corner of his eye. A faint glimmer of light from the window, coming from outside. Strange... wasn't there a new moon tonight? There shouldn't be any light outside if that's the case!

He went to get a closer look, but when he saw the source of the light outside, he didn't even gasp. It was her, the lady with one eye. She gave off a small amount of light, which had a similar intensity to the light that the Moon gave off when it was full.

She seemed creepy, but for one reason or another, he wasn't scared of her. Perhaps it was the feeling that he had for one reason or another, had met her before, or the fact that he had seen her outside for as long as he could remember. Something about her just seemed... mystical.

An almost otherworldly feeling emanated from her, one he was also familiar with somehow, but not sure how. He was about to place his hand on the window when he heardfootsteps behind him, and the sound of the light switched being flicked.

"Elio?" A womans voice asked. He turned around to see Lusamine in her robe, bags under her eyes.

"Oh, mother!" Elio said, turning around.

"I was just getting a drink, and... I noticed the one eyed lady outside again!" He said, pointing to the window.

"The one eyed lady?" Lusamine asked.

"Elio... don't tell me you're hallucinating again."

"I wasn't though! She was even giving off light!"

"She's not there... take a closer look, will you?"

They both looked back to the window, to find it was almost pitch black outside again. The trees seemed even darker, with the only thing that wasn't black being the faint stars above the treeline.

"Wait... she was literally just there! Where'd she-" Lusamine placed a finger on his lips to shush him mid-sentence.

"Sshh... don't you see? We are perfectly fine. No one is out in the forest watching you nor me." She proceeded to grab his wrists, and had began to squeeze so tightly it started to hurt. "I'm getting very tired of these hallucinations of yours... I did not raise you like this."

"Let go of me!! I swear she was out there!!"

What sounded like a low growl came from her throat, and out of anger, Elio was punched in the face, HARD. The impact sent him stumbling back a few feet.
"ELIO WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN-" She went silent, upon seeing the area that she had hit turning a shade of red.

"Mother... I-"

"You see what happens when you lie!?"

Elio had staggered against the wall, terrified with tears in his eyes. "I'll show you!!" Lusamine had gone in for another punch, but Elio had dipped out of the way and was booking it for the door. His fight or flight instincts had kicked in, and he chose flight. He couldn't fight his own mother, or at least who he thought was his mother, even if she had just tried to beat him. She already did this to an before, but not to this extent. He wouldn't leave her when she did this, he had nowhere else to go.

But now he had no choice, it's either only have a concussion, or be beaten to a pulp. He chose the former, as he burst out the door. He ran out into the cold October night, as Lusamines wails and screams struck his heart, but he couldn't go back. It was too late for that now.

"Get back here you damn Unicorn! I swear when I get my hands on you, I'll-" Her voice faded away as he got further away from the house. The wind chill on his face made the conditions outside feel even worse, not to mention the sounds of the wind howling between the branches of the barren trees.

His legs had felt like jelly after a few minutes, though he forced himself to keep running, but just when it seemed like his legs would give out on him...he ran into something.

He ran into something, and fell onto his butt, but when he saw what, or who he ran into his eyes widened.

It was her. The one eyed lady, standing before him. As Elio had named her, she only appeared to have one eye, but the other looked... cracked? Her face seemed to have a crack in it, like the porcelain dolls Lusamine collected, but it spread to her hair? She looked nothing like him or Lusamine, nor any other human he had seen. She was pitch white, and her hair was grey, and her clothes were different tones of grey and black. On her stomach, there was even some kind of... stone? It was a white oval shaped stone on her stomach, about the length of a thumb.

"It's you... why are you here??"

She didn't answer, but offered him her hand, giving a small smile. Lusamine could be heard in the distance, and without much choice, Elio took her hand.

A grey bubble formed around the duo, and the temperature around them immediately raised to a more comfortable level.

For the first time in his 16 years of life, Elio for the first time... felt free.

Chapters end.

Last edited:
Washington wilderness

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
His legs had felt like jelly after a few minutes, though he forced himself to keep running, but just when it seemed like his legs would give out on him...he ran into something.

He ran into something, and fell onto his butt, but when he saw what, or who he ran into his eyes widened.

It was her. The one eyed lady, standing before him. As Elio had named her, she only appeared to have one eye, but the other looked... cracked? Her face seemed to have a crack in it, like the porcelain dolls Lusamine collected, but it spread to her hair? She looked nothing like him or Lusamine, nor any other human he had seen. She was pitch white, and her hair was grey, and her clothes were different tones of grey and black. On her stomach, there was even some kind of... stone? It was a white oval shaped stone on her stomach, about the length of a thumb.

"It's you... why are you here??"

She didn't answer, but offered him her hand, giving a small smile. Lusamine could be heard in the distance, and without much choice, Elio took her hand.

A grey bubble formed around the duo, and the temperature around them immediately raised to a more comfortable level.

For the first time in his 16 years of life, Elio for the first time... felt free.

The bubble was surprisingly warm, with it being at a much more comfortable temperature than the forest outside of it. It had reminded Elio of having a blanket over him somewhat. Suddenly though, the bubble seemed to start moving through the forest at great speeds, but deep down, Elio felt like he had done this before.

"Who are you? Why'd you help me?"

She remained completely silent, only giving him a friendly smile and a blank stare.

"Do you have a name?"

"..."

"Do you have a name at all?"

More silence.

"I guess you'll talk when you're ready then..."

The bubble just kept going on and on, and soon Elio had felt drowsy, and soon everything had gone black.

When he woke up, he could hear the sounds of running water, and the lady had been standing by him.

"Oh... how long was I out?"

"..."

He got up and dusted dirt off of his clothes, and realized that they had stopped by a river. The gurgling sound of the water was somewhat soothing. The sun could even be seen rising over the mountains in the distance.

"Oh wow... that's beautiful! Looks like one of the paintings Mother had back home!"

The lady stayed silent, while Elio was geeking out over the view. But when he had calmed down, he took his hoodie off, and soaked it in the river for a moment, and proceeded to hang it on a tree branch to dry.

"So... did you hear about the wildfires up in Canada recently?"

"..."

"I heard that Empire state got hit the hardest by the smoke coming south..."

She stayed silent, keeping the same smile and stare.

"Good talk... good talk..."

After a while, he got up and put his hoodie back on. "I wonder... do you think we could call this camping?"

"..."

"Now that I think about it, this isn't really camping. This is basically homelessness... we don't even have a tent or a fire!"

"..."

"Well that's just from what I've heard about camping on TV. Have you ever been camping? We did meet in the middle of the woods after all, I presume you have a campsite somewhere around here."

"..."

"I'll take that as a no."

Later on, when they were ready to move on, they traveled in the bubble once again, but when they exited it, it was at a scenic view of Mount Adams.

"Wow... it's actually Mount Adams. I've heard there's a ton of spots that you could camp at in that area!"

They were both silent for a few minutes, taking the time to take in the view.

"Have you ever been to Mount Adams? I've heard it takes about two days to get to its peak. Oh what I would do to be there..."

The bubble formed around them again, and was headed in the direction of Mount Adams. "Hey hey I didn't mean it like that! It's probably not a good idea for us to go up there anyways... too cold."

The bubble proceeded to descend to the ground, and evaporated soon after. Elio let out a sigh of relief soon after. "Next time, try not to take me so literally... please? I don't wanna be a human popsicle."

The one eyed lady seemed confused for a moment, but gave a thumbs up almost immediately after. "Alright... glad we understand eachother..."

Chapters end.

Last edited:
Shopping trip

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
"Get back here you damn Unicorn! I swear when I get my hands on you, I'll-" Her voice faded away as he got further away from the house. The wind chill on his face made the conditions outside feel even worse, not to mention the sounds of the wind howling between the branches of the barren trees. He ran for what felt like hours on end, and Lusamines screams and cries could be heard behind him. They never got further away, nor closer, so the screams always sounded as if they were always the same distance away as when the chase first began.

He turned around partially to see just how far away Lusamine was, and even in the almost pitch black of night, she was still visible. Those Emerald green eyes were like bright spotlights in the darkness of the forest, and they kept the same distance, no matter how hard he ran. Though eventually, his legs had started to ache and burn from the running. Even though he was determined to keep running, his legs gave out on him only a moment later, and he tumbled to the ground infront of a tree trunk.

Lusamine had finally caught up to him, as he wasn't able to get up in time. "You little shit... why did you run!?"

"Mother... plea-" Elio yelped mid sentence, being kicked in the stomach. "Do you see what happens when you run!? You don't run from me!!"

"I-" He was kicked in the stomach once again, and then in the head, when everything went white.

"No!!" He yelled, waking up in a cold sweat. He wasn't out in the forest, being beaten to a pulp, he was in the bubble with the one eyed lady. It was raining outside the bubble, and the faint pitter patter of the rain could be heard. The One eyed lady, was staring down at him, and she seemed slightly concerned.

"Is something wrong?"

"..." He seemed to realize what she was concerned about. "Oh... I'm fine, thank you for worrying though I guess..." Her tiny smile almost immediately returned.
He got up, dusting what little dirt that was on his pants off. "Where are we by the way?"

He looked around, to see they were still in the forest they had stopped in the day before. The Crabapple that Elio had tried to eat after they exited the bubble was still there, as well as the tree it came from. Apparently they hadn't traveled far.

"Can't believe I actually thought eating that thing would work... it was like biting into a lemon! You're lucky you didn't try to eat one, I can still kinda taste it!" The one eyed lady just watched silently as the boy ranted about Crabapples, but then there was an awkward silence. After a while though, Elio broke the silence.

"I don't think Crabapples are going to do it, and I'm not sure how if any berries grow around here... do you think we could find anything to eat in town?"

"..."

The one eyed kept that blank, unnerving smile that she never seemed to loose, and seemed to just stare through him. Could she understand what he was saying? It seemed likely, after all she seemed to acknowledge what he was saying, not to mention trying to transport them to the peak of Mount Adams after saying he wanted to travel to its peak. After that, it seemed likely that she could understand what he was saying.

"Do you know the way to any nearby towns? I don't have a GPS... or a physical map."

She nodded, and the bubble started to move again. As the bubble moved, they eventually moved into a clearing, and they passed by a Coyote eating a recently hunted Rabbit. It had stared at them for a moment, but the duo left as quickly as they came, and it continued on its meal.

The bubble traveled ever onward, and soon the first signs of civilization. A road, the interstate specifically, along with a large sign that said: "State of Oregano" with 60 miles below it.

"Huh... we're close to the state border..."

Eventually, they made it to a small town on the Washington interstate. It was a run of the mill small town, nothing unusual about it really. If anything, the most unusual thing about it would be Elio and the strange lady wandering about it, even if they exited the bubble. Not to mention Elios growth on his forehead, like who else has a deformity that looks like a crystal?

Though while walking, something caught Elios eye, a flash of spring green close to a nearby dumpster. He approached wanting to get a closer look, and it turned out to be a dollar! A five dollar bill to be exact, just his luck!

"Jackpot!" The lady seemed to jump for a moment, but came over to see what he was on about. "I found us some money! I can possibly by us something to eat at that 7-Eleven over there! Do you want me to get you anything?"

"..."

"Can you at least come in with me and look? I like being with you..." She nodded, and they went into the 7-Eleven. Unsurprisingly, not many people were in the building that morning, considering most folks were getting ready for work. All sorts of foodstuffs and drinks could be seen, things such as Lays, Utz, Doritos, even Fritos to an extent. But in a smaller amount, there was one other chip brand that could be seen: Takis. Elio had been surprised to see them as with every convenience store and gas station his mother had brought him to, they only had very small bags close to where the cashier. These bags though? They were full size.

"Oh man, I didn't expect these to be here! I could probably eat all of these!" He said in a sarcastic tone.

He turned around to face the nearby hotdog roller, changing his mind on what to get. "Won't be able to buy any of those though, they're all more than five dollars... perhaps we could get a hotdog or two instead?"

He then turned around to face the lady, to see what she thought, but to his surprise... the bags were gone! Even some of the stuff on the lower shelves were gone!

"What the Hell? Nevermind that... let's just get some hotdogs and go."

When they got their food and left, they traveled back into the forest they had been staying at. Elio sat down on a nearby stump, getting his own hotdog out, and sat the ladies next to him for a moment.

"Are you sure you don't want yours? We can't let it go to waste." The lady nodded in a way to say no, but went still for a moment. She raised her hand, and suddenly, a dim pink light came from the stone on her stomach and onto the ground, and when it faded just a second after, all the food that vanished in the 7-Eleven appeared.

"What the fu- you had all those chips the whole time... in that... stone?? How did you even do that?? Better question... did we just shoplift with a damn rock?!" He paused for a moment, breathing in and out, trying to calm himself down.

"Hey... I know you're trying to help and all, but we need to pay for all this, we'll get arrested if you're caught doing that. People want money for stuff like this, we can't just take it..."

Suddenly, the pink light beam appeared on Elios palm, and a brick of dollar bills was left in its place.

"Uuuhhh..."

Chapters end.

Last edited:
Vagrants

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
The air was crisp and dry, nothing really out of the ordinary for an October afternoon. The occasional woodpecker could be heard, as well as the occasional car. The leaves were falling from their branches, and a couple trees still had a decent amount of greenery left on them. Add to that the golden glow of the setting sun, it almost felt straight out of a movie or video game.

The forest even seemed to be in pristine condition, minus the road going right through it of course. Not to mention all of the roadside trash. McDonald's bags, empty soda bottles and cans, even a couple empty gallons that once held milk and iced tea.

Elio felt somewhat compelled to clean up the huge mess, to make things better for not only himself, but so that everyone that came by here could enjoy Washingtons natural beauty.

Unfortunately though, neither he nor the one eyed lady had time to do so. Elio had wanted to find a place to stay, somewhere where he could sleep properly, not just in the bubble. A proper bed, where his back wouldn't get sore, and he had gotten tired of the bubble. It was warm yes, but with how he had to sleep in it, his back was aching like hell.

"Hey... I know that we almost got stuck in a rock and a hard place a few days ago but... I appreciate all your help with the money. We really needed all this stuff... I gotta help carry things to you know?"

"..." The lady just stared silently, yet she seemed to understand. They hadn't bought much, mostly what was needed. A lighter, a book or two on wilderness survival, taught things such as what berries were poisonous and what weren't. Apparently Blackberries and a certain species of Blueberry grew in the state, why hadn't they seen any bushes with them yet?

"The complete guide to edible wild plants" One of them was, written by the Department of the Army.

"Nature can provide you with healthy food to get you through any situation, as long as you don't eat the wrong plant." It said.

"You must therefore learn as much as possible beforehand about the flora of the region where you will be operating. It is also helpful to familiarize yourself with the plant characteristics that make each species unique, such as leaf shape, leaf arrangement, and root structure." Good advice that is.

There was also the "Build the perfect bug out survival skills book" written by Creek Stewart. Helps you with how to make fire and shelter, as well as find food and water.
These would come in handy in the long run, that's for sure.

Though they had bought other things, things that weren't as essential depending on who's asking. Elio had bought a Samsung phone, as Lusamine had broken the last one he had for just a minor infraction. He didn't really understand, smashing that would basically be wasting money, so why do it? He had also bought a solar charger with it, since they were going to be on the road alot... just had to set the phone up with the rest of the apps he needed. He had also bought himself a backpack to store everything they had, or at least some of the stuff. He didn't want the lady to have to carry everything you know? He even bought a metal water bottle that the two might share.

"Do you think we'll find a rest stop soon? I don't like doing my business behind a rock..."

"..."

"I think I saw a sign that said there was a rest stop a few hours ago... I don't think it should be much further."

They continued further, and found the entrance to what looked like the entrance to a camp site, and there seemed to be an empty car beside it. Didn't seem to be there for very long, as it hadn't rusted over, though it definitely hadn't been just parked there, due to all the dirt and leaves that collected on it.

"Huh... wonder who left that here."

When they had gone in to take a closer look at the car, a sign about the park could be seen close to the entrance.

"Welcome to Bear Creek Park!" Is what it said.

No drugs

No hunting

No fireworks/firearms

No graffiti

No excessive noise

One more thing was written on the bottom, this time though written in Red Marker: NO FUCKING FUN.

"Huh... seems like someone has quite a different definition of fun. But to each their own I guess, right?"

"..."

They continued ever further on, and Elio had started to kick a Coke can around to pass the time. Was this the old kick the can game that Lusamine had told him about? He didn't know, considering that Lusamine had never really told him the instructions. But did this really have to be a game, and not something to just keep him occupied for the time being?

Soon enough though, they made it to what they thought was a rest stop. Though it seemed more like a gas station than anything really.

"Nice place... though I don't think we'll need gas anytime soon. We minus well freshen up no?"

"..."

"I have a feeling that's a yes."

They entered the main building, and a small bell could be heard as they entered. A recently popular pop song could be heard playing faintly on the intercom, and who seemed to be the clerk was reading a newspaper. Something about... some kind of asteroid down in Oregano? Wouldn't a meteor burn up in the atmosphere?

"Hey... sir?"

The clerk lowered his newspaper, revealing his appearance. He was a portly older man, with a larger beard and a bit of a receding hairline. He had a name tag on his shirt, revealing his name was Hank.

"Oh? What's a kid like you doing out he-"

He went silent, staring at the deformity on Elios forehead.

"Uuhh...."

Elio pulled his bangs over the deformity, after realizing what was wrong. "Where's your bathroom at?"

"Uh... oh uh, yeah. It-it's in the back, over there."

Hank just immediately started to stare at the lady while Elio had gone to freshen up.

Surprisingly, not much dirt had gotten on his face over the past week, especially on his deformity. It was just so... pristine, there was no speck of dirt on it, not even a scratch! Why was that? He did have dark circles under his eyes though, that wasn't really a good sign.

After freshening up, he found the lady sitting at a table by a window, she had something in her hand.

"Hey... what is that?" It was some kind of paper, but when she brought it out to its full extent, it was a map. A map of the United States to be exact and... she was pointing at Arizona?

"Hey... why are you pointing there? Do you want to go there?"

She nodded.

"Well it is getting really cold here... is that why you want to go south? Because it's warm?"

There was an awkward silence between the two for a moment, but then...

"Really cold... go south... it's warm?"

Chapters end.

Last edited:
The long road ahead

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
"Hey... sir?"

The clerk lowered his newspaper, revealing his appearance. He was a portly older man, with a larger beard and a bit of a receding hairline. He had a name tag on his shirt, revealing his name was Hank.

"Oh? What's a kid like you doing out he-"

He went silent, staring at the deformity on Elios forehead.

"Uuhh...."

Elio pulled his bangs over the deformity, after realizing what was wrong. "Where's your bathroom at?"

"Uh... oh uh, yeah. It-it's in the back, over there."

Hank just immediately started to stare at the lady while Elio had gone to freshen up.

Surprisingly, not much dirt had gotten on his face over the past week, especially on his deformity. It was just so... pristine, there was no speck of dirt on it, not even a scratch! Why was that? He did have dark circles under his eyes though, that wasn't really a good sign.

After freshening up, he found the lady sitting at a table by a window, she had something in her hand.

"Hey... what is that?" It was some kind of paper, but when she brought it out to its full extent, it was a map. A map of the United States to be exact and... she was pointing at Arizona?

"Hey... why are you pointing there? Do you want to go there?"

She nodded.

"Well it is getting really cold here... is that why you want to go south? Because it's warm?"

There was an awkward silence between the two for a moment, but then...

"Really cold... go south... it's warm?"

"Wait you CAN talk!? Why haven't you said anything since we met?? Did I do something to make you angry?"

"CAN talk. Haven't said anything... to make angry."

"Wait... why do you sound like me? I never really thought about it but is that what my voice actually sounds like?" He thought for a moment, and then came to a realization.
"Hold on a minute, are you only able to mimic what I say? What happened to your voice?"

"My voice... you. Only able to mimic... your voice."

"Okay, that's not... creepy at all. Either way... you want us to go to Arizona? That's because it's warm, yes?"

"Want... to go... it's warm."

"I guess that makes sense. I'd prefer to be sweating my ass off instead of freezing to death up here. Do you have any idea of how to get there? Like we have money for a bus ticket of two, but do you have... say, a driver's license in that... stone of yours?"

A pinkish light could be seen emanating from the stone for a moment, she pulled out a plastic card, and handed it to Elio.

"Wait... you actually have one? Hold on..."
He analyzed the card for a moment. "Is this thing written in Russian? Where'd you get this?"

"..."

"On second thought, I probably shouldn't ask. We're definitely gonna need to get bus tickets then, which means we'll definitely have to go to Seattle. And from my estimates, a walk on foot or in the bubble all the way to Seattle will take about... three days." He sighed. "I hope I don't get blisters..."

"I don't get blisters..." The lady said.

"Wait, you don't? How is that possible??"

"Is possible..."

"Alright... that's another thing I can add to my list of weird things I've seen over the past week. But hey, we won't have to worry about you getting blisters then, right?"

"..."

"Do you think we have enough supplies for our trek?"

"..."

"I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, I guess I'll check myself..."

Elio opened up his bag, trying to check how much supplies they had. The water bottle had been empty to an extent, but if they were to ration it, they would be able to pull through. Though it wouldn't hurt to refill it, just to be safe. There were a few empty chip bags as well, but most remained unopened. They weren't very filling either, since they barely had any nutrients, Elio had to eat alot just so he wasn't hungry.

They wouldn't last the whole trip to Arizona on just Takis and Lays, they needed some actual nutrition. But hey, that's what the guide to edible wild plants was for right? Besides, Cattails could be eaten in a pinch, not the brown parts though. That would not end well. The books were still in one piece, as well as the phone and Solar charger.

"Alright, everything here is in order. You ready to go?"

"Ready..."

"Alright then!" Elio said, bringing his bag over his arms. "Let's go!"

As they left the gas station, Hank put his newspaper down, and pulled out his phone. "Hello? Yes, I'd like to file a report. That missing kid from Mabton? Yes I believe I spotted him..." Hank trailed on and on, but neither Elio nor the lady could hear him, as Elio had kept on trailing on and on and on.

"So apparently when we get down to Arizona, there's this plant down there that we can use called Agave, looks pretty similar to Aloe. You know Aloe? Has so many medicinal uses... it can be used for acne, burns, Diabetes, cancer, all sorts. Let's be real, if there's some kind of injury that isn't illness or full on large wound, Aloe can probably do something about it. I'm not sure if you can eat Aloe though eaten though... Agave actually can be eaten to a certain extent. Flower buds and the flowers themselves... we just need to boil them. Though it can give some folks dermatitis... let's hope neither of us get that right?"

"Let's... hope."

"Oh by the way, I got an idea!" Elio said, pulling out his phone. "I downloaded a radio app using the gas station wifi, maybe we can listen to some music while we walk?"

"..."

"Awesome!"

Elio opened up the Radio app, and when he tuned in to a signal, he found that a song had just started playing. Better yet, he recognized the melody.

"Oh I know this song! Mother used to listen to it all the time!" He said excitedly

"Begin again, in the night. Let's sway gain, tonight. Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine. Where can we go? When will we find that we know?"

The instrumental part of the song began to play, as Elio and the lady strode off into the sunset, towards Seattle.

Chapters end.

Troubles and names

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
A soft white glow from the Crescent moon high above illuminated the Pine forest. It had been cold like the past few nights, but for one reason or another, it was a bit warmer. Though it wasn't like Elio was complaining however, warmer weather was almost refreshing.

They didn't even have to stay in the bubble, which at this point had started to feel claustrophobic.
The warmth was nice, as well as the company of the lady, but he wanted to be able to stretch his legs. To be able to smell the forests, hear the crunch of the leaves under his feet.

Lusamine never let him appreciate the natural beauty of the state. "Focus on your own looks." Is what she'd say. "If you hide your horn, you can live through your looks. Perfection is everything."

But he knew he wasn't perfect, after all, look at his horn. Lusamine had been disgusted by his deformity, but also fascinated by it at the same time.

Sure, the human body could create things similar to this deformity, like Kidney stones and Gallstones, but this was almost completely different. A crystalline growth around his brain that he had from birth, and had pierced the front of his skull. It didn't really affect him much, other than his Coloboma. Somehow though, it didn't really seem to impact his vision?

His pupils were literally shaped like kites, as he referred to them. Lusamine however, had referred to them as diamonds, and always insisted for him to wear glasses. He didn't understand why, after all, he could see just fine. So what was the point of wearing glasses? Did she think he was lying?

"How much many miles more do you think we have until Seattle? I know it's a three day trek, but we don't have a gps..."

"Don't have... many miles."

"Wonder just how many..."

They continued walking for about an hour or two more, and Elio kept going on and on about the plants in his books.

Apparently he had even installed Tumblr and had started to follow certain blogs about wild plants as well as fashion. He never really knew why he had taken such an interest in a thing such as that, perhaps it was from Lusamines obsession to make him perfect? Clothing would have played a large part in that, she always wanted him to dress proper like she did. But honestly, he preferred his casual wear. But hey, different kinds of clothing were interesting, especially those shown in fashion shows.

Sure, the clothes used in them were strange, but that's what made them interesting no? They were all unique in their own way, and that's what made them special. Well, special to Elio at least.

After a bit though, the sound of a car could be heard. The lady motioned for Elio to be quiet and for once, her light went out.

"What is it? Is something wrong?"

"Wrong..."

Elios eyes went wide. "Wait what?? What is-" she put a finger over his lips, trying to say: "Be quiet."

They dove into the bushes, as the car slowed to a halt. It turned out to be a car belonging to the Washington state police, and an officer stepped out of the vehicle with a flashlight. He stepped closer and closer, and upon realizing they would be found, the lady formed the bubble.

"What the hell!?" The cop said, almost dropping the flashlight. The lady stood up, beginning to glow again, and she had a look on her face Elio hadn't seen before. From the ground he was laying upon, he saw a look on her face that could only be described as a "death stare." One wide eye and a cracked one, as well as a tiny smile that Elio had grown accustomed to at this point but... it seems the cop hadn't been.

"Holy shit!!" The cop yelled, running back to his car and driving off. Radio chatter could be faintly heard as he drove off and the she had the bubble dissolve.

"What... what were you trying to do? He looked like he just sawa ghost!"

"Trying to do... ghost."

"Thanks I guess... I think he might have might have been trying to find me... even if he wasn't, I don't think we should take any chances. Are you willing to form the bubble again and have us go to Seattle through the forest?"

"..." She formed the bubble, and seemed to start going deeper into the forest, at least that's what it looked like. He couldn't see very well through the bubble, and the dim light from the moon wasn't any better. For all he knew, they might run into a bear out here. Could a bear pop the bubble? Elio wasn't sure. He had seen what bears were capable of, especially Grizzlies, he had seen it on the morning news, and it could only be said that it was gruesome. Guy had blood all over his face, and there was a large gash above his ear.

Bear spray apparently had saved his life, but he didn't know if the lady had any on her. Perhaps the bubble would protect them? Chances couldn't be taken, not with a bear.

"Will this bubble protect us from a bear?" Elio sounded worried.

"Will... protect."

"Oh that's good to hear... bear attacks are horrific."

Faint lights could be seen from the cars on the now distant road as the bubble sped through the forest. It zipped around the trees, not breaking down a single one somehow in its wake. Though with how fast they were going, Elio had toppled over, and was stuck in the back for a moment. Meanwhile, the lady had stayed perfectly still with her arms outstretched. Was she doing that to keep her balance?

That's what Elio thought at least. Though considering how fast they were going, Elio wasn't able to get back up. Though it wasn't really that bad, he wasn't getting dizzy or anything like that. He could still get his phone out, and was able to scroll Tumblr.

Around sunrise, the lights of Seattle could be seen on the horizon, and the lights of buildings on the road could be seen as well.

The bubble was popped when they made it to a motel on the edge of Seattle. It was a two star motel and oddly, the sign attached to the balcony that led to the rooms said that it had colored TV and air conditioning. Had they just neglected to remove it in the past few years, or had they kept it to give the place a "retro" feel? Either way it was an interesting thing to see.

When they went to pay for a room, the lady seemed oddly... fascinated by something. The intern at the motel was wearing a necklace, one made of plastic pearls with a small metal ring in the center. She had been staring at the necklace the whole time while Elio had payed for the room and received the key.

When Elio had turned around to leave and head to their room, the lady turned him around to face the intern once again. She pointed at the necklace, and back to her twice, to get what she was trying to say out. It didn't take long for Elio to get what she was trying to say.

"Hold on a minute. Is your name... Pearl?"

"Pearl..."

chapters end.

Strange visions

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
When they went to pay for a room, the lady seemed oddly... fascinated by something. The intern at the motel was wearing a necklace, one made of plastic pearls with a small metal ring in the center. She had been staring at the necklace the whole time while Elio had payed for the room and received the key.

When Elio had turned around to leave and head to their room, the lady turned him around to face the intern once again. She pointed at the necklace, and back to her twice, to get what she was trying to say out. It didn't take long for Elio to get what she was trying to say.

"Hold on a minute. Is your name... Pearl?"

"Pearl..."

"I see. How com you didn't ask before? Could you not say?"

"Could... not say."

"That makes sense I guess... we never really talked about pearls. Did you know that there's a species of Oysters that produce black pearls in Tahiti? Personally... I thought that was interesting, is it not?"

They exited the reception office after their little discussion, and arrived at their room on the second floor. Pearl had seemed oddly fascinated by the vending machine near the stairs. One that contained Popsicles, alot of them being ones of cartoon characters. We all know the kind, the ones that always seem so perfect on the cover, but looked like they came out they looked like they were using Radium in the olden days.

Except for the Lion Lickers, they never really seemed that deformed.

"Hey Pearl! I'm gonna go shower, if you're gonna be out here, do you want the key?"

Elio held out the room key and almost immediately, the pink light from the stone on Pearls stomach engulfed the key and it vanished.

"I'll take that as a yes..."

Since he had already unlocked the door to their room, Elio just walked in and placed his bag on one of the beds. He took his phone out to plug it in, but not before checking his notifications. A couple from updates on blogs he followed, and some for files downloaded.

"Why haven't I cleared those out yet? Nevermind, doesn't matter." He had been quick in the shower, in and out, but with how long he was going at that speed, he wouldn't smell. He had just finished getting dressed, when he noticed something... wrong with his reflection.

He looked closer, placing a hand on the mirror. One moment, his eyes were an emerald green color, just like those of his mother. The next after blinking, they were a light grey, almost white. Suddenly, less than a second later, the sound of static pierced his eardrums, and for a split second his reflection had changed drastically. It had gone from a blond who had been exhausted from days of walking and lack of sleep, to a pitch white figure.

A pitch white figure, with faint accents of black, and white eyes that lacked pupils and irises. But the most unique thing was that they had a deformity on their forehead as well, just like Elio.

Though he didn't get to notice, as he was leaning over the sink, with his hand on his forehead trying to soothe a headache. His ears were ringing, and he couldn't hear it when Pearl had been knocking on the door. What he did hear however, was Pearl opening the door. The ringing noise had begun to fade when he turned around to see Pearl looking concerned.

"I'm... I'm fine. Just a headache is all."

Her smile returned, and the pink light was in her hand for a moment again, and the map was in her hand when it faded.

"Not now please? I seriously need some sleep... I think I might be hallucinating."

Pearl looked down for a moment, but almost immediately seemed to understand.

Elio didn't seem to care that his bag was still on the bed, as he just let himself fall onto the bed. He fell asleep before his head had even hit the mattress, and had been out for almost half the day. All the while, Pearl had been standing by his side, performing a strange symbol with both her hands.

"Ugh..." Elio sat up, rubbing one of his eyes. "I need a drink..." Elio got up to grab some water, but Pearl was already at the kitchen filling a cup with water, and handed it to Elio a second later.

"Oh... thank you. You didn't have to do that... I was gonna go grab it myself."

Pearl cocked her head, confused.

"I appreciate you doing that, but you don't have to do this. You're my friend... not my butler. You should do what you want, not cater to my every need. Don't you want to do your own thing?"

Pearl shook her head. She pointed at Elio, then at herself, then performed that symbol that needed both hands again.

"I... don't know what that means?" He tried mimicking the symbol with his own hands. "It looks like a... diamond?"

"Diamond." Pearl kept up the symbol, and bowed.

"Um... is that a compliment? Nevermind that, do you still have that map?"

She stopped performing the symbol, and pulled the map out of her stone. She walked over to a nearby table, and spread the whole thing across, and started pointing somewhere in the northwest.

"Alright... so you're pointing at Seattle, yes?"

"Yes..."

"And we're going to Arizona because it's warmer from what I remember. Is there any other reason you want to go down there? Something important perhaps?"

Pearl nodded.

"The only thing I can think of being down there are the cities and landmarks. Which one are you thinking about?"

"Landmarks..."

"Alright, I'll look them up, just point at which one you want to head to Alright?"

He typed in "Famous Arizona landmarks" to see what came up. Hoover Dam, Petrified Forest National Park, the Grand Canyon, but Pearl only pointed at the last one. Mystery canyons. A place that supposedly once had occult activity in days long past.

"Mystery Canyons? You interested in the occult or something?"

"Mystery Canyons... interested in."

"Well, whatever you say I guess. Why don't we grab a bite to eat then grab our bus tickets?"

Chapters end.

Oregano

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
"Alright... so you're pointing at Seattle, yes?"

"Yes..."

"And we're going to Arizona because it's warmer from what I remember. Is there any other reason you want to go down there? Something important perhaps?"

Pearl nodded.

"The only thing I can think of being down there are the cities and landmarks. Which one are you thinking about?"

"Landmarks..."

"Alright, I'll look them up, just point at which one you want to head to Alright?"

He typed in "Famous Arizona landmarks" to see what came up. Hoover Dam, Petrified Forest National Park, the Grand Canyon, but Pearl only pointed at the last one. Mystery canyons. A place that supposedly once had occult activity in days long past.

"Mystery Canyons? You interested in the occult or something?"

"Mystery Canyons... interested in."

"Well, whatever you say I guess. Why don't we grab a bite to eat then grab our bus tickets?"

Pearl nodded, and Elio gathered his things, and they were out and about in less than 5 minutes.

It didn't take long for them to find a place to eat, just a local fast food place really. Elio had gotten a chicken sandwich, as did Pearl. She never really seemed interested in the sandwich though, but Elio didn't see it in her hands after a while. Did she dispose of it, or store it in that stone? Did it really matter though, if she had stored it for later?

About an hour later, the two were sitting by a bus stop, waiting for their ride south. Elio was skimming through his book on edible plants. Banana Yucca, Nevada Agave, Honey Mesquite, and they could all be eaten! Many different parts of the Agave could be eaten, while the Mesquite and Banana Yucca had fruits that could be eaten by humans. Apparently you could even cook the fruits of the Yucca to taste even better!

"Interesting is this not?" Elio pointed at the page about Banana Yucca. "Apparently the fruits of this plant taste like sweet potatoes! Never would have expected fruits to taste like that... but it's interesting none the less!"

Pearl kept her tiny smile, not really understanding what he was talking about. She couldn't care less about plants, but as long as he was happy, she was happy.

"Oh, by the way did you know that you can't dri-" Elio was interrupted by the sound of the bus parking infront of them, specifically the mix of a creak and hiss when it stopped.

"Oh, our ride is here. Let's get going then."

They stepped on, managed to pay for their tickets and proceeded to sit in the back.

"I'm not sure if this thing will take us all the way down to Arizona... but we'll go quite the distance, I'm sure of it."

The radio had begun to blare a religious station which Elio was trying to tune out. Pearl didn't seem to care, and it seemed as if she wasn't even paying attention to it. Just a blank stare towards the front of the vehicle. Elio had a rough relationship with religion really. Lusamine wasn't religious herself, it was other people that caused it. Most Christians he and Lusamine passed by were just preaching, not really doing any harm. It was a free country, with freedom of religion, who was to stop them?

It was the minority of them that was the issue. The ones that called him a child of Satan because of his horn, they were why he kept it hidden most of the time when he was in public.

"Child of Satan!" They'd yell. "Demon spawn!" Elio knew all the names they'd yell, all because of his horn. Apparently someone having a deformity that looked like a horn made him an antichrist in their eyes. He'd hide it under his hair when he and Lusamine went out in public, just so people wouldn't scream at him for being "demonic." Thankfully he made sure to cover it with his bangs before he and Pearl got on.

By the time nightfall came, the bus had parked by a rest stop in Oregano. A place on the coast called "Otter Point" just off the coast. There was even a small plaque by the cliff that overlooked a town in ruins down below. Some people were making calls, some were using the bathroom in the building nearby. Some were even having a quick smoke, Elio though, he went to read the plaque.

For all the souls lost in the Arcadia Bay storm

October 11, 2013

Time won't forget about you.

"Wow... they say a tornado caused this? Place is a ghost town... wonder why people haven't returned."

Pearl was just staring at the town, though it almost seemed like she had a thousand yard stare.

"Something doesn't feel right about this place... I don't know why. Do you?"

"..."

"Something tells me it wasn't just a tornado... there has to be. I mean, that could explain why the town hasn't been rebuilt..."

The two watched the abandoned town in silence for awhile more, until Elio broke the silence.

"You ever wonder what it's like to be where history was made? Like being in the moment yourself, like that's what I'm wondering about what happened ten years ago... what was it like being in Arcadia Bay when it was destroyed in that storm?"

"..."

"I guess we'll never know."

Suddenly, the bus seemed to turn back on, and the engine could be heard and the lights could be seen.
"Oh... I guess we should get going then."

After they got back on, Elio was looking through Tumblr again, specifically the account settings. "Oh... I have an inbox on here? I don't really post anything. Though I guess running a proper blog would be fun... what do you think Pearl?"

Once again Pearl was silent, but kept the tiny smile.

"Is that a yes?"

"..."

"Thanks Pearl..." He didn't really have anything to post, he just scrolled the fashion blogs he followed until he eventually cooked out around midnight.
Pearl kept her thousand yard stare looking out the window, just watching the moon in the sky until something by the road caught her eye. She tapped Elios shoulder as the bus slowed down.

"Ugh... what is it Pearl?"

The bus came to a halt at a gas station close to a large sign, and alot of people got off the bus, and Pearl figured they should get out too. She motioned for Elio to get up, and he did so reluctantly.

"Well... we're out of Washington at least, but where the Hell are we?"

In the din moonlight, the sign was able to be read.

Beaver Creek
The best dam town in America.

Chapters end.

Beaver Creek

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
The bus came to a halt at a gas station close to a large sign, and alot of people got off the bus, and Pearl figured they should get out too. She motioned for Elio to get up, and he did so reluctantly.

"Well... we're out of Washington at least, but where the Hell are we?"

In the din moonlight, the sign was able to be read.

Beaver Creek
The best dam town in America.

"Beaver Creek huh? This place on the map?"

Pearl brought out her map, and pointed at Oregano. Upon closer inspection, she was pointing at Beaver Creek, which was in Lane County.

"Seems were in Central Oregano... or just about at least. One step closer to Arizona... what should we do now?"

"..."

"Oh I know!" Elio said, raising a finger. "We could use some new clothes... and definitely need to clean the ones we already have... perhaps we shop then head to a laundromat?"

"?"

"You know, a public building where folks can wash clothes en masse. Mother brought me to one once... had an old Space Invaders arcade cabinet in the corner."

Pearl finally nodded, and they went further into the town. Took awhile to find a store, considering the size of the place. Store was an Aldi's, one of those places that you'd need to pay to use the carts. Cart was 25 cents a pop, and even had coin slots attached.

They didn't get any bags of chips, considering they had more than enough, and frankly Elio had gotten tired of chips at this point. A couple TV dinners were bought, and had been a much welcomed change of pace. Meat, vegetables, and all sorts. Much more balanced meals than two serving sizes of Takis a day, much more filling too.

"Hey Pearl, did we get any Salisbury Steaks? I can't remember..."

Elio looked up from the makeshift list he typed up, to find her still holding a box of Wheat Thins he suggested they get.

"why're you still holding the Wheat Thins? You don't need to get them if you don't want to. I never seen you eat, and considering we're gonna be on the road again soon, most likely on foot, it wouldn't be healthy for either of us. If you don't want it though, you could get anything you want!"

"I... never... eat."

"Wait, are you serious? Neither of us need to loose weight! If you don't eat, you're gonna get sick! I don't think I'll be able to take you to a hospital if you do!"

They were both silent for thirty seconds, before Pearl ended up shoving one end of the box in her mouth.

"NO wait I didn't mean it like that!!"
After that whole Fiasco with the Wheat Thins, they traveled to a local clothing store, and thankfully nothing big had happened. Elio had gotten an anime T-Shirt and a hoodie that was actually his size. And hey, this hoodie didn't make him itch.

Pearl had gotten a sweater, sunglasses so her cracked eye wouldn't look as conspicuous, as well as a pair of shorts. Neither of them looked very conspicuous, just as long as Elio kept his gem hidden. Thankfully he was already used to doing that.

"Alright... minus well wash the clothes were wearing for days on end right?"

"..."

At the nearby laundromat, Elio had tossed his old shirt and hoodie in one of the in one of the washers, and had been reading a tabloid near the exit.

It was about the company that Lusamine had worked for, Ominent Practical Technologies. Apparently they had been involved in some MASSIVE controversy. One big enough that even the FBI had gotten involved. Kidnappings, hundreds of kidnappings over the course of almost two years across the east and west coast.

Hundreds of children and teenagers, being kidnapped and experimented on with what was called the Spac.r, a prototype shrink Ray. How the hell was this even possible? The tabloid hadn't explained, but the outcome of the experiments was. Many people were dead. Either from the experiments themselves, or from where they had been disposed of.

Insects, arachnids, robots from old labs set up by a former employee of Ominent, and general violence. By the time one of them had managed to find a way to get back to normal size, a whole third of all those who were experimented on had died.

The thought of the company that Lusamine held so much praise for doing something like this had made him sick to his stomach. Why? Why would Ominent do this? Was Lusamine a part of this? Why hadn't he been kidnapped too? Did she keep Ominents hands off of him?

Then, came the photos.

The savior of all those that were left, a boy that had been seen only a few months ago. He had a blond bowl cut, and ears that somewhat looked like fins, and pupils like that of a catfish. Did he have Coloboma too? They even looked similar, this boy having a more golden blond hair color and a warmer green color with his eyes.

He just didn't have a deformity on his forehead like Elio did.

Those eyes... they almost didn't seem like they belonged to someone Elios age. Those were the eyes of those who had seen horrors most couldn't imagine. It was written on his face.

Countless sleepless nights fueled by only what could be described as Coffee made with insect parts, having the weight of the lives of what was basically a whole civilization on his shoulders, watching people die in his arms.

What happened to him? Why did he dissappear again?

Though after Elio turned the page, his eyes had gone completely wide, almost mimicking Pearls thousand yard stare.

There were photos of those that were heavily involved in the project being arrested.

Many high ranking scientists had been arrested, and there was some kind of collage of their photos.

But the two biggest ones were of the bastard himself, Dalton Schmector. A conniving little rat of a man who looked pale as a ghost. But the other... was Lusamine.

Lusamine Elsa-Mina. Assistant Director.

"Oh my God... " Elio had been too shocked to say anything more, and Pearl seemed to sense his stress. He however, didn't notice her approaching him, and he could only stare at Lusamines photo.

It was just outside their house, with a large amount of cop cars surrounding it. Lusamine seemed to have been clearly stressed from the recent events, from him running away to being found out, she had clearly let herself go.

"Why..."

Chapters end.

Last edited:
Denial

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Many high ranking scientists had been arrested, and there was some kind of collage of their photos.

But the two biggest ones were of the bastard himself, Dalton Schmector. A conniving little rat of a man who looked pale as a ghost. But the other... was Lusamine.

Lusamine Elsa-Mina. Assistant Director.

"Oh my God... " Elio had been too shocked to say anything more, and Pearl seemed to sense his stress. He however, didn't notice her approaching him, and he could only stare at Lusamines photo.

It was just outside their house, with a large amount of cop cars surrounding it. Lusamine seemed to have been clearly stressed from the recent events, from him running away to being found out, she had clearly let herself go.

"Why..."

Why? Why had she been involved? Why had she been involved in the deaths of so many people? Hundreds... of teenagers, children even. Even scientists that tried to get the secrets of Ominent out. How could she have done this? The Lusamine he knew could never do this.

Sure, she had become awfully creepy with him over the past few years and much more... physical, but to actually kill people? How could she do this? Is this why his father was out of the picture? Did she kill him too? Why hadn't he been in these experiments as well?

Elio closed the tabloid, unable to handle it any longer. He could handle hearing about this tragedy, but the fact that Lusamine had a direct hand in it?

Pearl placed a hand on his shoulder as if to ask "Are you okay?"

"No... I... I'd rather not talk about it." Elio had put the tabloid away, and just stared off into space for a minute or two. How could Lusamine have done this? So many questions flowed through his mind, and he couldn't focus on anything. That is, until...

Pearl had started snapping her fingers, trying to get Elios attention, though he kept what resembled a thousand yard stare. He looked like he had just come from a battlefield, as those eyes almost seemed completely blank.

He only came back to reality when he could feel Pearl shaking him by the shoulders, and had practically gasped for air since he didn't realize he had been holding his breath.

"Thank you... thank you..."

He had caught his breath, though he now had his face in his hands, almost crying. He had no idea how to handle the situation. How do you deal with learning that one that raised you had a hand in the deaths of so many people? What do you do when you're the son of a monster? How could she sleep at night with all that she had done? How could anyone sleep at night if they were even remotely involved

"I... think I need some time to think about this."

Might be better to keep his mind off of it, won't be good to try and accept it just now. He was in no way ready to confront it.
He had noticed a handful of nearby arcade cabinets. Ms. Pac-Man, Space Invaders, and Donkey Kong.

He pulled a couple quarters out of his pocket, and walked over to the cabinets. For a while, he was actually able to keep his mind off of Ominent and Lusamine, as his mind had been mostly blank. Just completely focused on Donkey Kong, actually managing to pass through a couple levels on one go.

Though eventually, he was interrupted by a tap on the shoulder. He turned around, to see a blond around his age wearing a green beanie.

"What is it?"

"Well I was gonna ask when you'd be done but are you okay man?? You look high as hell!"

"Wha? What're you talking abo-"

"I know what someone looks like when high." A voice said.

Elio looked to the small wall of washing machines, to see someone else, presumably the blonds friend. A Hispanic boy, wearing a Dunkleosteus shirt and had a bandana on his arm.

"Down in Nevada, couple years ago. When me and my brother stayed with some drifters. Couple of them were potheads, but they were nice folks. Not the guy they worked for though..."

"I... haven't smoked before... don't really plan to..."

"So you're not high then?"

"No... I... just don't feel good."

"Well what's wrong?"

"I'd... I'd rather not talk about it."

Elio went to grab his clothes, stuffed them in his bag, then he and Pearl left the laundromat in a rush. Though he seemingly forgot to grab the tabloid, and the blond went and picked it up.

As he read through, his eyes widened as he realized why people had been going missing in Beaver Creek and across the states over the past few years.

"Hey Daniel? I think you should come see this."

"What is it Chris? Something about Bigfoot again?"

"No... no it's much worse than that."

"Lemme see..." Daniel said, taking the tabloid out of Chris's hands.

"Holy shit... that's what happened to Tobias and Emily!?"

Elio and Pearl had already left the strip mall that the laundromat was located at, and Elio had seemed immensely stressed out. It looked as if he would have the thousand yard stare soon
Pearl had been leading them, holding onto Elios hand, and had pressed on.

Her face was completely blank, and she didn't even seem focused on the terrain infront of her. Her pupils were glowing white, as were Elios, until they made it to another gas station.

"Thank you Pearl... I don't know what got into me there."

"..."

"Do you... think we could grab some lunch here? Might help me keep my mind off of Mother..."

Pearl was silent, but started walking towards the entrance or the building.

"Sweet..."

A few minutes later, Elio had gotten a pair of hotdogs for himself and Pearl, as well as some water. Pearl had stored hers in the stone after they payed, and Elio had scarfed his down in less than five minutes.

After they left the building, Elio was scrolling a Tumblr blog, not looking where he was going, and ended up running into someone who had intended to grab something the gas station as well.

He fell on his butt and surprisingly, his phone was unscathed by the impact, though his water had been spilled.

"Woah, sorry about that kid. You alright?" The man held out his hand to help Elio up.

He was wearing a jacket and a red hoodie underneath, with a blue "Hangers" hat on. He carried a laptop bag, and had a smaller beard with specks of grey in it.

"Oh... thank you sir." Elio said, as he grabbed the guys hand.

"Hey, don't mention it man. You okay?"

"Yeah... don't think I have any scratches or anything."

"Sorry about that... wasn't looking where I was going."

"Oh, I wasn't either..."

"Guess we have something in common?"

"Yeah, I guess we do. You two from around here?"

"No... no we're not. Came the way from Seattle."

"Seattle..."

"Huh, all the way from up there? Reminds me of some guys I met a few years back. Watcha doing down here in Redneck country?"

"It's... a long story." Elio said, scratching the back of his neck."

"Well so you wanna head in there and talk about it?"

"Sure... sure, think I saw a coffee machine inside."

The trio entered the gas station once again, and Pearl was the first to get to the coffee machine. Already seemed to be getting ready to brew too.

Chapters end.

A traveling journalist

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
The trio entered the gas station once again, and Pearl was the first to get to the coffee machine. Already seemed to be getting ready to brew too. For one reason or another, she put about five packets of sugar in her own coffee, but that's not the strangest part. When did she even learn how to brew coffee? Did she already know how to do that? That seemed the most likely, but something just didn't feel right about it.

Elio had no idea why, but something about it didn't feel right. Not moral wise, just felt off. He put the same amount he learned to use in his coffee, two packets, and a small amount of creamer.

Brody put a huge amount of creamer in his cup, no sugar packets, just creamer. It would be surprising if it didn't just taste like melted ice cream.

"You actually like that?"

"Yeah, coffee is way too bitter for me unless I put a shit ton of coffee in there."

"Well... whatever works for you I guess."

The three all sat down at a nearby table.
"As I was saying earlier... what brings you to redneck country?"

"We're headed to Arizona... down to the Mystery Canyons... Pearl wanted to show me something there..."

"Mystery Canyons huh? Strange place that is... looks straight out a Manga I read a few years back. What was it called? The Enigma of Amigara Fault?"

"Hell if I know, I don't read much Manga."

"Well it sure looks alot like the Fault in that Manga. Have a feeling the author got inspired by those Canyons..."

"How so?"

"Well the holes in them appear to be unnatural, are shaped like humans, and they are ancient. By ancient, I mean like ANCIENT. like back when civilization started to form ancient."

"Do we know what created them?"

"Don't know. Some people say that indigenous peoples made them long before European settlers arrived. Some say an advanced prehistoric civilization created them, like Atlantis or something. Some people say aliens, other people say God, but who knows really?"

Pearl looked uneasy, as if she knew something she was unable to say.

"Well what do you think happened?"

"Honestly, I don't know. But something just feels... off about them. I don't feel compelled to enter any of them like in the Manga, nor do I think any weird monsters would come out of the other side... if they do have another side that is."

"Wait, that's what happened?"

"Yep... people were going into holes that they claimed were theres... and on the other side, were holes shaped like a broken Stretch Armstrong... and something was coming through one of those holes looking like a broken Stretch Armstrong if you tossed it on a fire."

"Wow... that's quite a description."

"Trust me little dude, you'll realize why I described it that way if you look it up."

"Alright... thanks for the chat sir... I think we should get going now." Elio said, grabbing his cup and walking towards the door. Pearl was getting up too, but the guy stopped them.

"Wait! Before you go... I was headed south too, have an old friend I wanted to visit. Perhaps I could drop you two off near those Canyons?"

Elio and Pearl seemed to nod at eachother for a moment.

"Sure! You seem like a nice guy. By the way... I never caught your name."

"Name's Brody... Brody Holloway, and you are?"

"Elio... as I said earlier, that's Pearl." Elio pointed at her with his thumb.

They all paid for their drinks, and left for Brody's car. It was an old station wagon, and was visibly worn, though seemed to still be in working order. Dents were on the hood and signs of wear were on the doors. When Elio and Pearl got in, it could be noticed that the car had many different stickers inside. A pizza slice, a pug, and surprisingly an old Doge sticker. There was even lost of junk and a couple cassette tapes scattered across the floor.

"Hey... where do you want me to put this?" Elio said, picking up a tape.

"Oh, just put it in the glove compartment. I'll have to clean my car out later on." Brody turned on the radio as Elio did so, and none of them said a word until they left Beaver Creek proper.

"So... I have to ask, where are your parents? Is Pearl caring for you or something?"

"Oh... that's... that's a long story. I... should probably say it to get it off my chest."

"I'm all ears little dude, go on."

"My mother... she was a monster. She treated me horribly for the smallest things. Like I always saw Pearl out the window and had nightmares about her being outside... she didn't believe any of it. The last time it happened, she had punched me right in the face... and I think she was going to do even worse if I didn't run away. She rarely ever let me leave home... and don't even get me started on how creepy she's been towards me the past years."

Elio went on and on as the car continued onward, even as the sun had gone down.

"I only didn't realize how bad she truly was until recently. Did you hear about what happened with Ominent?"

"Rings a bell... was she involved in everything that happened to those kids?"

"Yes... and she wasn't just some ordinary scientist working on the project. She was the... Assistant Director."

"Really? You can't be serious."

"..."

"Oh shit you are serious!! My bad dude, my bad!"

Many hours later, they were driving close to a Redwood forest close to the southern border of Oregano, when a faint sound could be heard outside. What sounded like a Tie fighter from Star wars, mixed with an airplane.

"Hey... do you hear that?"

"Sounds like a plane... are there any airports nearby?"

"I don't think so... wait, it's getting louder!"

As the noise got louder, what looked like a large, green comet came falling out of the sky, screaming its ear piercing whistle scream. When it crashed into the forest, what sounded like some kind of explosion could be heard, as well as a bright green flash for about five seconds.

"I know shit can get crazy out in the woods, but what the fuck was that!?"

Chapters end.

The alien

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
"I know shit can get crazy out in the woods, but what the fuck was that!?"

"I don't fuckin know! A meteor??"

"Well whatever it was, something definitely crashed nearby!!"

Brody and Elio had gotten out of the car, to find that Pearl was already outside. She had been staring at distant moonlit smoke.

"Should we go see what it was?" Elio asked.

"Well there's a chance it could be a plane. If it's a plane... we should check for survivors."

"Are we obligated to investigate?"

"Don't know, I know Jackshit about planes. But I don't wanna risk being thrown behind bars and besides, we should go and help if there's any survivors, should we not?"

"I don't think I could argue with that. You coming along Pearl?"

Pearl only nodded, and was the first to move towards the smoke. As they all moved towards the crash site, something felt... off. Elio hadn't experienced a plane crash before, but he didn't expect anything to feel so... foreign? It couldn't exactly be described, but it was one that was different from anything Elio nor Brody had experienced before.

The smoke got ever the more dense in certain pockets, until finally... they found it. Downed trees and trunks on fire dotted the crater, as well as chunks of debris. Debris that looked... crystalline.

Elio looked up from the chunk of debris to its point of origin and... it wasn't a plane. There was in no way possible it could be.

It wasn't a meteor, it wasn't a plane... though it couldn't be natural. It looked as if it was crudely carved from wood or soap, and had a golden tint to it.

Pearl had stopped at the edge of the crater, staring, while Elio and Brody were much further back.

"Hey little dude... that... that's not a plane. I think it's a... spaceship?"

"So that thing..." Elio pointed at it. "Is a damn UFO!?"

"Well what else could it be?? Looks nothing like anything the military would make, so it can't be military aircraft!"

Pearl stepped down into the crater, and was walking towards the ship.

"Pearl! Don't go in there!!" Elio went to run in after her, but Brody placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Probably not a good idea to go in there kid..."

"I don't care! We need to get Pearl out at least!"

"Whatever you say."

Elio had gone in after Pearl, with Brody not far behind. Elio was tugging on her arm, but she had been extremely persistent, and eventually just gave up and was just following her.

She stopped at what seemed like a partially... door? It was a large rectangular entrance, and it seemed like there was supposed to be a ramp that extended when the door was open. Though due to the ramp being half buried, it couldn't be activated.

Pearl seemed to be fiddling with some kind of technology on the side, and the door managed to open.

"Hey Pearl... are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Good idea..."

"I don't know how your friend here thinks this is a good idea... I mean she's trying to get into an actual UFO! How could this even be considered a good idea??"

"I don't know... but she saved me from my Mother... I trust her."

Pearl stepped inside, and the other two did so as well. The inside had been in total ruins, paneling was scattered around, and exposed wiring hung from the ceiling. The architecture had looked nothing like humanity had come up with. While the inside of a space shuttle and space stations was covered in tubing, fans, as well as levers and buttons, this ship had nothing of the like. Intricate designs dotted the green insides of the ship, and they could barely be made out as the lights flickered.

They entered a larger room, and barely anything within could be recognized. A large sphere could be seen on end of the room, and into the walls. One other thing could be seen inside the room, this time on the floor. A circle in the center of the floor, with a larger triangle inside it, with a smaller shape made of three triangles within. One white, one blue, one yellow.

"You think that's some kind of iconography?"

"Yeah... kinda looks like it."

Something about it felt familiar about those symbols, but Elio just couldn't put a finger on it. It just felt... important, important enough to take a photo of it.

After going up a set of stairs next to the sphere, the three entered what looked like a main deck. The room was spherical, and multiple chairs could be seen infront of what looked to be the ships controls with multiple pipes coming from it and into the walls. As Elio was walking, he hadn't been looking where he was going, and heard a loud crunching noise beneath his foot.

Pearl seemed to hear it too, and froze in her place as Elio raised his foot to see what made the noise. A green gemstone, broken into multiple pieces.

"Is that an emerald?"

"Dunno... looks like it." Elio said, picking up the shards.

"What would aliens want with gemstones? They value them like we do?"

Pearl perked up, hearing a shuffling by the center chair.

"What is it Pearl?"

Pearl walked over to the center chair, and a figure hiding behind it made her jump back.

It was a green figure with a bowl cut, and a stone like that of Pearls embedded in its eye waving a trident around violently.

"Stay away organics!! I know what you do to gems!!"

"Where the hell did you come from!?"

"I should be asking you that organic! Only my superiors are able to open the doors!"

"She opened the door!" Brody yelled, pointing at Pearl.

The trident wielding alien stared at Pearl, shocked that one like him would be with a bunch of organics.

"You weren't with my Emerald! Who are you??" Pearl pointed at Elio, and did her diamond symbol.

"Is the organic... your superior?"

"What? No! We're just buddies!"

"Buddies? You think I know what that means?"

The alien was trembling, still pointing the trident at Elio.

"Put the weapon away, please... we're not going to hurt you. We only wanted to know what crashed here..."

The trident was lowered, evaporated into light, and the creatures face softened.

He looked somewhat like someone Elios age, minus the different shades of green. He had worn a bodysuit with a Yellow Diamond Symbol in the center of the chest.

"Do you have a name... sir?"

A glint could be seen under Elios hair, which the alien seemed to notice. Put it together with Pearl by his side, they performed the same symbol, or should it be said salute as her.

"Pearl, facet 486J Cut-7L2."

Chapters end.

Last edited:
The little things in life

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
It had been a few days since Elio, Brody and Pearl investigated the crashed ship. The Alien, or Cut-7L2 ashe called himself, had agreed to come with them, not wanting to know what would happen if other organics found him. These organics had a Pearl traveling with them, so there had to be more gems on the planet. Why would she travel with Organics though, weren't they inferior to his kind?

Did other gems send her out to gather information? He had no idea what to think. He didn't even know why her radiance Emerald had brought him to this puddle of a planet. Wasn't this where Pink Diamond was shattered by a Rose Quartz over a millenia ago?

They had been driving through Nevada as he went over this in his head. Brody had given him a blanket in an attempt to calm him down, and had the windows down on the side that Cut-7L2 was on. It had always had a soothing effect on him somewhat, so perhaps it would be the same with this Pearl?

With the Pearl Elio and Brody had already been traveling with however, something was off about this newcomer. Nothing about him looked right. His frame, some of his mannerisms, his hair length and facial structure.

Perhaps he had been defective? It seemed likely, but that didn't seem right either. Why would an Emerald, one so high on the Caste System of Homeworld, have a defective Pearl as a servant? How had he not have been seen as defective and shattered? Pearl felt as if there was more to him than meets the eye. Perhaps they would find out what in time?

She had just been staring at Cut-7L2, all the while he had been staring out the window. At cars, people on bikes, and some coming out of stores. Why did it all feel so familiar?

"Hey, is everything alright?" Brody asked. "You're all silent."

"Yeah... I'm trying to think everything that has happened recently through. It's just so much for me... I have no purpose now that my Emerald is shattered, I was the only survivor of the crash... and everything around here just feels so familiar. But it's nothing like Homeworld... I don't know why."

"Is... the planet you come from literally just called Homeworld?"

"Yes in fact..."

"Huh. Never would have imagined that Aliens would just call their planet Homeworld... nothing fancy like Jupiter or Sedna?"

"Nope... I don't question it. The Diamonds called it Homeworld... and we all have to call it that."

"The... Diamonds?" Elio asked.

Pearl perked up upon hearing Diamonds.

"Diamond." She said, performing her symbol. Cut-7L2 did the same without question.

"Oh you gotta be kidding me you don't have to do that!" His pupils turned white for a moment, as did Pearls, and she stopped. Cut-7L2 proceeded to do the same.

"Wait... why were your pupils..." He decided not to finish, putting it down to a trick from the light.

"Um... nevermind that."

There had been an awkward silence in the car for about a minute or two, then Brody broke the silence.

"Hey... there's a restaurant up ahead. Do you guys wanna grab a bite to eat?"

"Gems don't eat." Cut-7L2 said. "We get everything we need from solar radiation."

"You mean sunlight?" Brody asked, not taking his eyes away from the road.

"Yes, of course."

Elio was left to ponder about all this talk of diamonds. Cut-7L2 said the "Diamonds" named his planet Homeworld, so they must have had some kind of authority there? Were the "Diamonds" leaders on that planet, and the name was possibly just some kind of title? Pearl had called him a "Diamond." Was that because she saw him as a leader?

He could in no way be a leader! He had little social skills, and hardly any friends before he even ran away! How on this Green Earth was he a leader? Pearl was more of a leader than him! Hell Brody ran his own blog, he was more worthy of being called a diamond! What makes Elio so special? Nothing. He had Coloboma and a deformity shaped like a horn, that is it. Well that's what Elio thought of himself at least.

What made him so qualified as to be called "Diamond?"

He didn't think he had any qualifications as they pulled into the Parking lot of the restaurant, which seemed to be themed around Seafood. Wasn't Red Lobster, so it wouldn't have those infamous biscuits, but it would do.

Elio had stayed quiet while they were in the restaurant, thinking about those "qualifications" and only ordered a breaded fish fillet sandwich. Sure, a drink had been ordered but he wasn't really interested in it. Cut-7L2 though, had a completely different reaction.

The smell of salt, the ocean iconography, it felt all too familiar to him. It was familiar for Pearl as well, though she could remember why it was familiar. How could she have remembered the source after countless millennia?

It almost seemed as if he had experienced all of this before, multiple times in fact. Hell, the sounds of the podcast that was playing in the background almost mimicked the monotone voice of the A.I of that facility.

Suddenly, memories came flowing back into his synthetic mind. Not all of them, but a great amount of them. The voice of SHELL, being dragged into the care center. Time and time again over the few months he had existed, he had become defective, and had to be "fixed."

Over. And over. And over again, was he rejuvenated, customized differently for many of those in high society. Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, every color of the light.

He couldn't remember his own creation, though he had assumed that he was created back at the Reef, could one of those countless rejuvenations have been his creation?

He could in no way tell, but the rush of memories had almost frozen in place, shaking in the process.

"Hey... are you okay?"

Chapters end.

Mojave

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
The night was calm, Crickets could be heard chirping and Fireflies flashed on occasion. A warm breeze was blowing through the trees, making them gently sway. Lusamine was out at work, leaving Elio alone for the night. He could handle it, considering how often she had done this. All that had to be done was make sure the house stays clean and keep himself fed. Considering how he didn't eat much and would only eat a pack of Ramen or hot pocket, there wouldn't really be a mess to be cleaned. No mess would need to be cleaned or made.

He had gone inside to make himself a hot pocket, locking the door in the process, but soon something felt wrong. He couldn't put a finger on it, but it had been from a feeling of butterflies in his stomach. Was he worried about making a mess? That Hot pocket was frozen, so it had been unlikely for the sauce within it to go everywhere if he dropped it.

But after he placed the hot pocket in the microwave and went to wash his hands, his blood ran cold.

His reflection was...glowing. Glowing an almost pitch white color, as were his eyes. They lacked pupils, and glowed the same pitch white color... but his deformity? It was reflecting different colors of light, which lit up different surfaces around the room. One pink, one blue, one yellow, and one the same white light. There had been a dead smile across its face.

It looked as if it was about to speak, but then everything went black. He woke up back in Brody's car in a cold sweat.

The window was opened the smallest bit, and a radio station was blaring some kind of podcast.

Elio glanced at his hands, they weren't glowing like in the nightmare. He wasn't glowing, it was just a dream. He sighed.

"This feels like it's getting out of hand..."

He got out of the car, and sat on a nearby rock. The Mojave desert was surprisingly chilly at night, considering the scorching heat hours earlier when they parked at a rest stop. A cold that could chill almost down to the bone.

The Milky-Way could be seen in the night sky above. An art piece of scattered colors and stars, it was nothing like Elio had seen before. The San Francisco sky had nothing on this, the Big and Little Dippers could barely be seen there! They couldn't even be seen back home, due to how cloudy the sky was at times!

But then, while Elio was mesmerized, he just about had a heart attack due to someone tapping on his shoulder. It turned out to be Pearl, who had exited the car as well.

"Oh... you almost made my heart jump out of my chest there..."

Pearl sat down next to him, and started staring at the Milky-Way as well.

"I was never able to see any of this back home... and to think people all over the world saw... this for thousands of years!"

Pearl started pointing at a particular area of the Milky-Way, and kept that position for a minute or two before speaking.

"Home... world..."

"Wait... you know about that Homeworld place that guy was talking about?"

She looked confused.

"Look... I don't know where Homeworld is, and from what 7L2 has told us after the restaurant... it doesn't sound like the greatest place to live."

"Greatest place..."

"Wonder just how advanced they were... though considering that they managed to send a ship all the way to Earth. Add the fact that they're most likely in a different Star system... the technology must be at least centuries if not thousands of years further ahead than humanity."

His face went pale upon realization.

"They... might have the capability to invade us."

Pearl was silent in thought.

"Do you think they could invade us?"

Pearl shrugged.

"I guess that's the only answer we'll get for now... perhaps wait until morning when 7L2 becomes active again?"

They both got back into the car, and waited for Brody and 7L2 to get up for the day. Though considering that Elliot had walked all night before, he could handle staying up all night, and so he did. Scrolling through Tumblr, and looking at asks from the small blog he ran, all while the sun slowly came up.

Brody had gotten something out of the trunk to cook outside. A pie cooker that he used for sandwiches, and brought out a bunch of breakfast sausages, eggs, and shredded cheese, as well as tortillas. There had even been a couple vials of spices too.

"What're you making Brody?" Elliot asked.

"Breakfast sandwiches. My own custom recipe, came up with it myself soon after I hit the road." Brody said, managing to get a fire going. He placed a grate over the fire, and placed the components of the sandwich within the pie cooker.

"I came up with a few recipes over my years on the road, even posted them on my blog. Since I'm always traveling up and down the coasts, as well as heading east and west, I make do with what I buy."

"I meant to ask, what made you travel around the country living in your car anyway?"

"Oh, that's a... difficult question, I don't mind answering it though. I come from a family with money, but no soul, I'd rather not describe what they'd do. I guess you could describe some of them like that Rockefeller guy? But I never wanted to he like them, so I got hold of the money I needed, and got my ass on the road. Now I spend my days traveling around the country, writing my blog at old 50s diners and finding my next big hit."

"Do you... enjoy this life?"

Brody snickered a bit. "Enjoy it alot more than if I was a CEO at least. I get to be my own person, do what I love."

"Personally, I don't see a reason for you to stop. If you enjoy this life, and it gives you the necessities, why stop I say?"

Eventually, the sandwich could be smelled as it was cooking, though it was mostly the sausage and melted cheese.

Just as Brody was gonna take the sandwich out to cut it into pieces though, a scream could be heard.

It was 7L2.

Elliot and Pearl ran to where they heard him scream, to find him cowering on the ground.

"What is it?? Are you okay!?"

He pointed at a spot near a Barrel Cactus, and there had a Tarantula standing by it. The Tarantula had a huge wasp standing on it's back trying to sting it. A wasp that had an exoskeleton that was a deep blue, and deep orange wings.

"Oh fuck... that's a Tarantula Hawk! Did it sting you??"

"No! None of those things touched me! But why are they so big!?"

"I don't know, but I've heard that Tarantula Hawks- wait... are you okay?"

7L2 had been frozen in place once again, another rush of memories coming back at once. He remembered the almost two years he had been down in Tullwend. The stress, all of the sleepless nights, he remembered all of it. The anaphylactic shock from Yelloe Jacket stings which SOMEONE had to provoke. The deep hopelessness felt when the Javamatic was destroyed by the horde of controlled insects... what became of Tully.

The sound of the pod breaking, it was just like that of those heard in the crash...

"I'm... not an organic... why? These can't be my memories... what are they??"

"7L2?"

Chapters end.

Haven Point

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
The air was calm and cool, the only thing to be heard was the air conditioning inside the car. A radio that was filled with static due to the signal being faint was playing at full blast. Elio and the others had been riding for hours at this point through the Mojave desert, having stopped only once for a bathroom break at a rest stop. 7L2 and Pearl had stayed in the car the whole time after the whole situation with the Tarantula Hawk. Pearl was almost completely silent as usual, though 7L2 was trying to go over those new memories.

Climbing out of that case in a cave filled with roots, fighting the Mant, and the all out battle around the Javamatic. Wasps, Spiders, Ants, Mosquitoes, and all sorts all with chips planted on their heads.

There had been good times in the darkness. Meeting Tully for the first time, getting high on Green Machine smoothies in the desert town in the sandbox, times before and after the Javamatic that made it feel like he didn't have the huge weight of peoples lives on his shoulders. From two other people, to a dozen, and countless others followed.

Why him? Why did it have to be him that had to carry the burden of trying to bring a whole civilization back home? He had only been 15, he didn't know how to handle it. Tully might have known now, but where was he? Hopefully somewhere better than Tullwend. Wherever he was, 7L2 hoped he was at peace.

"Hey Brody, how much longer until we reach the nearest town? We've been in here all day."

"Oh it's not much further, we just have 15 minutes until we get to the closest town."

"What's the town called, do you know?"

"Oh yeah, I've had to pass through this place a couple times. It's called Haven Point, though I don't think you could call it a town though."

"Why's that?"

"Feels more like a commune really. Only about like a hundred or two hundred people. Extremely religious folk, kinda creepy if you ask me."

Eloo swallowed a lump in his throat. "How... exactly?"

"Oh, basically if you question your faith here, they find you troublesome. We just need some gas and a hotel for the night, then we'll be able to get to Arizona in the morning. Sound good?"

Elio seemed to sweat a little bit. "Yeah... yeah it's all good."

"Doesn't seem all good. You feeling alright buddy?"

"Yeah! Of course! Everything's alright!"

They entered the town a long time later, and passed by a church, which had a chain link fence all around it for some reason. The windows were covered, but light seemed to be coming from inside for one reason or another. What seemed like houses seemed more trailers, or storage units than anything.

Even the hotel seemed like two or three trailers combined into one.

When Elio and the others entered the hotel, a picture of an older woman could be seen on the wall. She had burn scars across her face, as well as one milky white eye.

"Welcome to our humble town newcomers! What can I get you?" The clerk asked.

"Oh um... two rooms please. I've got the money needed." Brody asked, pulling out a fifty dollar bill.

"Oh that's more than needed brother! We at Haven Point are hospitable to all that come to our abode! Even to Gentiles!"

"Gentiles?"

"I can explain later..." Brody said, whispering into Elios ear.

After they got their room keys, the four entered their respective hotel rooms. There hasn't even been a TV in the room. Just beds and dressers, as well as a crucifix on the wall. Pearl didn't seem to give a hoot, as she just kept her blank smile.

Even after he fell asleep, the tone of the environment felt as if it had followed him.
He was with his Aunt Samantha again all those years ago, back in Washington. They were away from home, driving to somewhere Samantha had called important.

"Hey Auntie? Why do we have to go here? Is it because of my horn?"

"Because of your horn, yes. But this place is very important to me, as it should be important to you."

"Why? Does mother know that this place is important?"

"Yes, yes she does. But you see, your mother is a twit. Never listens to me, or to any of my congregation."

"What? What's a... congra-"

"SSHH!" Samantha yelled, placing a finger over the 6 year old's lips. "I need to concentrate. So be good and be quiet."

There had been an awkward silence between the two until they finally made it to their destination. The church that Samantha had been the reverend for.

"What is this place Auntie?"

"It is my church. Where I lead my flock."

"You have sheep here?? Can I pet one??"

"I guess you could say that... and no you can't pet one."

"Aww!"

"Something much better will happen, even if there's no sheep for you to pet..."

Samantha entered the church, and the pews seemed almost full to capacity. Samantha sat Elio down one of the front pews, and stood behind the pulpit. She ranted on and on about things Elio wouldn't understand until he was much older for like half an hour.

But then she pulled Elio up to the front, along with a man in a pastor uniform and a man in a suit.

She began to speak after placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Young Elio, has been afflicted by a defect that has made him stand out from the rest of formal society." She brushed the hair off his forehead, revealing his horn like deformity.

"The heathens outside say it is "not malignant" as does his mother, but we all know what it is truly caused by. It is a cancer, but not one on the body. No my tender sheep, it is caused by a cancer on the soul. His mother... my sister, could have fixed this long ago when she first brought him into this world."

She went silent for a moment, while the congregation talked amongst themselves.

"Do you want him to be fixed? Do you want him to be pure??"

The congregation yelled in response.

"We shall cleanse him! We shall cleanse his body of the demon within and he will be pure! He will look how he is supposed to! Like he was made in God's image like the rest of us!"

Elio had no idea what was going on, but he was starting to get nervous. Samantha pulled out a vial of water, poured it on Elios head. She pulled out a rosary and held it infront of his face, and Elio felt hands on his shoulders and head.

Then the yelling began.

"IN THE NAME OF THE SUN THE FATHER AND THE BOLY SPIRIT, DEMON BEGONE!!"

"I COMMAND THE DEMON TO BEGONE!!"

The yelling became indistinct as the tears began to flow. The yelling had gone on for hours on end, and Elio could not get away due to his small size. It went on for hours on end, until Elio had put his hands on his ears. A soft white light seemed to be emitted from his body, and he began screaming.

He woke up screaming as well, heavily breathing. The sun had come up, and there were still tears in his eyes.

He cupped his face, going silent for a moment.

"Why.... why did we have to stop here!?"

Chapters end.

Last edited:
The Pearl and the Reverend

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Elio had woke up screaming as well, heavily breathing. The sun had come up, and there were still tears in his eyes.

He cupped his face, going silent for a moment.

"Why.... why did we have to stop here!?"

Pearl had rushed over upon hearing Elios scream, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm... I'm alright, just bad dreams. Bad dreams is all..."

Pearl didn’t let up. "Bad... dreams?"

"Yeah, scary but ultimately harmless... thank goodness."

Elio got out of the bed, and pulled his shirt back on.

"We seriously shouldn't stay in this town any longer than we need to. These folks kinda give me the creeps... like what's a gentile??"

He paused for a moment, trying to think.

"Didn't Brody say he would explain what a gentile is?" Pearl continued to he silent.

"Let's just hope we can get out of here soon... I don't like it here."

Elio proceeded to gather his things, then he and Pearl left their room. As they walked to 7L2 and Brody's room, they could see many people staring daggers at them. Folks that looked as if they preferred "traditional" values. Much of the women had been wearing dresses, and the men had been wearing more modest clothes. Polo shirts, jeans or khakis, which had been surprising considering just how hot it was already.

A mirage could be seen in the distance already, and it almost seemed as if the commune was surrounded by some kind of clear moat. Elio knew better as to what it was though, there weren't any large sources of water for miles other than possibly Lake Mead.

Elio knocked on the door expecting for Brody to come out, but it was 7L2 that had answered the door.

"Oh hey, is Brody awake?"

"He's cooking... I don't understand why you organics need to shove things and fluids into your mouths, but whatever works for you I guess."

"We need to eat... I don't know about you, but we need a constant supply of supplements or nutrients or we would die in just a few weeks, or even days."

"Must be like fuel for your bodies or the likes of that."

"Nevermind that." Elio said. "What's Brody cooking, and can we come in?"

Brody could be faintly heard shouting "come on in!"

Eggs and sausages could be smelled once again, cooking by what looked like a wood stove. A faint smell of smoke was included, though most of it had gone through the stove pipe.

"These people don't even use ovens?"

"Yeah, surprising right? These people feel like they're one step away from being Amish. Might only use electricity for what is essential reasons, don't ask me how these lights are essential though."

Brody pulled a bottle of what looked like taco sauce after the eggs and sausages were finished. He drizzled it on the bread before placing the rest of the ingredients.

"What's with the new ingredients Brody?"

"Sometimes you want to experiment with recipes you create, you know? Try and really make it yours."

"I guess that's what makes certain recipes special?"

"Yeah-" Brody said, chuckling a bit. "-I guess you could say that."

Brody finished two sandwiches for him and Elio about ten minutes, not taking the time to make one for Pearl or 7L2, considering they wouldn't eat what he made.

"Hey little dude, there's something I've been meaning to tell you, it's something that happened last night."

"Us being called gentiles?"

"No no, not that. Someone was watching you through a window last night."

"Wait, WHAT!?"

"Don't know why he was doing that, but I chased him away. Guy with combed back hair and white polo shirt, bit of a muscular build. Think the guy works at the church."

"Well that guy sounds like a damn creep!"

"Believe me, I called him exactly that. Just a huge weirdo..."

"Yeah... all these people feel like weirdos."

"That's why I'm going to fill up on gas then we're getting out of here as fast as we can... I've seen how these people have looked at us. I don't think they like outsiders. They stare at us with a look similar to Pearl over there."

After the two finished their sandwiches, Brody left to go find gas, and they all agreed to meet back up at the hotel after a certain amount of time.

Elio, 7L2, and Pearl had left to explore the town, in an attempt to see if there was ANYONE that was normal. Everyone had dressed similarly, and just about all the buildings were trailers, or a Mish-mash of trailers like the hotel. Not the church though.

It had been partially fenced off, and there were multiple banners on the fence and around. One that caught Elios eye was one that said something about Halloween being "the devils birthday." It was still October? He had seriously lost track of time.

Suddenly, a man came walking out of the church, with a woman who he recognized immediately. It was the woman in the photo at the hotel, the same one with the burn scars on her face. They were approaching him, and he did his best not to appear nervous."

"Why hello lost lamb!" The woman said.

"Have you come to witness my service?"

"No Ms. We just stopped here for the night, we'll be leaving soon..."

"Well why are you leaving? You can live a good life among us, in our sanctuary."

"No thank you... we're going to Arizona." Elio was trying to walk away.

The man then grabbed his arm.

"I'm afraid we cannot let you do that. We've seen what you are, and we want to help you. We can fix you... fix the mark of the beast upon your forehead."

"No! Let me go!!" Elio was trying to pull away. Pearl was trying to help pull him away as well, but the reverend shoved her to the ground, and grabbed Elios other arm.

"Get off of me!!"

"Silence Hellspawn!! We will banish you from the boys body!"

7L2 only watched Elio be dragged into the church, not understanding what he was hearing.

But then... he could understand it. He understood what the reverend was saying. He knew it too well, the meaning of the verses... and the bulletin that they were.

He wasn't a zealot like these people, he was a scientist. A man of science, before and after Tullwend. He was an atheist, from what he had learned, and from all of his life experiences. He wasn't Cut-7L2, he was Peter. Peter Boggs.

What God would allow so many innocent people to die like dogs? Because of sins? Because they were sinful? He watched a ten year old child die in his arms, what did he do to deserve that!? Nothing, original sin, or any sin was a fabrication. A lie. A lie to keep people afraid.

He could hear Elio screaming, he had to act. He summoned the trident from the Pearl embedded in his eye socket, and went to break down the doors of the church, but he didn't have to.

He heard Elio scream again, and was sent flying by a blast that caused the church doors to burst open. Elio came running out, a small crater could be seen between the pews, and the reverend and her guard were on the ground.

Bits of white could be seen on his arms, as well as what looked like smoke or steam being emitted from those spots. His whole body seemed to glow faintly, as if light was coming from inside.

He was breathing heavily, and his pupils were pitch white. He ran back to the motel, as did Pearl, and Peter ran not so far behind.

They told Brody what had happened as he was filling up gas, and they all packed into the car and sped out of the town as fast as they could.

The spots of white had faded from Elios arms, being replaced by spots darker than the rest of his body. They had a slight ashen look to them, but Elio didn't seem to notice... he almost seemed to be in a state of shock.

He remembered who he was completely, and was no longer like the rest of the Pearls of Homeworld. But being brought back completely brought memories that he didn't wish to remember... memories of severe pain. The monotone voice of SHELL could be heard as that pain had started, and everything went black and silent a minute or two later.

It was almost as if Peter couldn't handle the memories of the Reef, and his physical form began to crack... and then it dissappeared in a plume of gas. The pearl was all that was left, and fell onto the car seat below.

Elio had seemed to come back to his senses, and began screaming... about how 7L2 had dissappeared.

Chapters end.

The new and the old

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
The rest stop lights were low quality, and flickered every thirty seconds. Brody had been out to grab a map of Arizona and all of its sights. Sights like Hoover Dam which powered places in Nevada like Las Vegas and Boulder City. Would it have ever powered Haven Point? The group didn't know.

Meanwhile, Elio had been staying in the back of the car with Pearl. He was holding the stone, or should I say pearl that was once Peter. He had thought he died, but Pearl said be would be alright. How? How could he be alright if this was literally all that was left of him?

Was this how people like him and Pearl died? Their bodies disappearing, with the pearl embedded in their bodies being all that was left?

Pearl always said he'd be "Okay" but how do you call this okay!? Did she know something Elio didn't? Was she just not saying it, or was she physically unable to? Elio didn't know, but either seemed likely.

"Hey little dude, we're ready to go. If you need to use the bathroom or grab something from the Loves in there, I'd advise you do it now." Brody said, coming up to the car map in hand.

"Oh... do you think you could hold this then?"

"That pearl looking thing that 7L2 left behind?"

"Yeah... I don't wanna get rid of it."

"Dunno why you'd keep a pearl, but alright kid." Brody said, taking the pearl from Elios hand.

Pearl and Elio wandered into the store, and as they washed up, grabbed drinks and food, the pearl in Brody's hand began to emite a warmth.

"Hm?"

The pearl began to glow, and flew out of Brody's hand.

"Holy shit!!"

Brody was backing away, while the pearl zipped through the air, taking multiple humanoid forms.

One with the typical homeworld pearl wear, one that looked like a labcoat, and one that looked like casual wear.

The light dissipated on casual wear, and the figure floated to the ground. It was Peter... he was back, in an outfit similar to what he wore before the year and a half in Tullwend, and before homeworld. The pearl was still in his eye socket, but he didn't appear to be the same.

"7l2??"

"It's... Peter."

"But you wanted us to call you 7L2?"

"That was the pearl programming talking... you see I wasn't always like this. I was like you once..."

"A traveling online journalist?"

"No! I was human once! I was as flesh and blood as you and Elio for most of my life!"

"Wait... you were? How though, you're an alien! We found you crash landed on a ship!"

Peter sighed. "That I can explain..."

He was about to explain when he saw Elio and Pearl coming back from the rest stop store.

"I know it doesn't look like we have anything, but Pearl can store stuff in her ge-" He went completely silent upon seeing Peter, sharing in Pearls silence.

"7L2!!" He ran over and embraced Peter, which seemed to be a bit too tight for him.

"You're... crushing... me!!"

"Alright Alright, sorry." He let Peter go.

"I don't go by 7L2 anymore... my real name is Peter. But my friends... used to just call me Pete."

"Alright... why do you go by Peter?"

Pearl seemed especially shocked as to what she was hearing.

"Because, I was once human..." his voice was soft and quiet, almost as if the 7L2 side had come back.

"Wait, what!?"

"Yeah... I know... I'm not surprised you reacted that way. But I remember everything....and I can explain myself. But first... do you have anything to drink?"

"I thought you said gems didn't need to eat or drink."

"They don't have to... but are able to. It's more optional really."

Brody opened the car door, and pulled out a half full cup of coffee.

"Will this do?"

Peter stared at the coffee for a moment, remembering those sleepless nights and barely getting by on nothing but Boost Juices.

"I'd rather not drink coffee at the moment, I'm good without drinking anything for now..." He opened the back door of the car, which had been converted into a makeshift bed, and sat on it.

"Oh well... I can still explain myself without a drink. So... where do you want me to start?"

'Umm... why you aren't human anymore?" Brody asked.

Peter's eye went blank for a moment, before the light reentered it.

"I... can describe that vividly if you want me to."

"You don't have to if you don't want to Peter." Brody said.

"No, no... I've kept this in for too long... I need to get it out. It all starts after I got out of Tullwend and shared the evidence of all of the crimes of Ominent to the government. We managed to copy my method of getting back to normal size with everyone else in Tullwend."

"Tullwend?"

"It was what we called the backyard of the abandoned house we were all dumped into. Where we developed a civilization of our own in the grass. I had stayed with a family friend after we got out, and we were watching as Ominent tried to keep a lid on it all. Ominent stocks were crashing, and the two directors were trying to proclaim the experiments as fake news. The whole story had come out in one fell swoop. About the kidnappings, about the... hundreds that died from the many hazards of Tullwend... I never got to see the end of it."

"How so?"

"I was abducted... by not by Ominent. Me and my friend Willow had been eating at an old diner on the outskirts of Empire City... I went out to catch some fresh air and... I was surrounded by light."

"Light?"

"By now... I think it was some kind of tractor beam. Small rocks were floating up with me. I was screaming... calling for help. I saw Willow run out of the diner, but she stopped right infront of the door, staring at me. Then... everything went white. The light dissipated, and I was being dragged by what I could only describe as grey aliens. Except... they looked like they had chunks of metal embedded in their bodies, and wearing jumpsuit with a rhombus on them."

"What happened next?"

"I was thrown in a cell with someone else, a man with curly hair... we were in there for hours on end. By the end, we were thrown into what looked like a zoo... there were other humans in there with us. They were all wearing blue vests and white loincloths... I didn't get to stay for very long though. I was dragged out of there by two purple figures in blue clothing Similar to the greys... what happened next could only be described as teleportation."

"You teleported?? Where!?"

"Dunno... but it was near some kind of ocean. I could hear the waves, feel the moisture in the air, smell the salt. There was this red figure... leading us through the facility. Somehow... I could understand them. They referred to me as an "organic" and were talking about conversion... I found out what that meant soon after."

"Conversion?"

"Yeah... the red figure pulled out some kind of syringe right into my sternum. My whole body began to burn... but then they threw me into a vat while I fought and screamed the best I could. Some kind of setting was turned to the maximum, and the fluid I was in glowed a dull amber color... and my body began to melt..."

"Wait... melt!?" Brody and Elio asked.

"Yeah... my clothes, glasses... and even hair. My whole body melted into a single point... my pearl." He said, pointing at the pearl in his eye socket.

"For the longest time... it felt like I was dead... but then, back in that commune, I came back."

Peter closed his one eye, a tear flowing down his cheek, but then, he felt a pressure around his arms and torso.

It was Elio, who had pulled him into a hug.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you... I won't let anything like that happen to you again... I promise."

Chapters end.

The Enigma of Butte Fault

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
The screams of cicadas were able to be heard as the sun was centered in the sky. Even for late October, and it felt as if Elio, Pearl and Pete were standing in an oven. It didn't seem to effect to affect the latter two too much, but it certainly affected Elio.

He tied the hoodie he wore around his waist, though it seemed to have little effect. The skin around the spots on his arms seemed to have started to peel, making the ashen spots slightly larger. Not to mention that Brody had given them a towel to help with sweat from the heat.

Speaking of Brody, this time around he wasn't with them. He had dropped them off at the Mystery Canyons Visitor Center, and told them he had important matters to tend to. Visiting a man he called Diaz in a prison nearby. Apparently the authorities claimed this man had killed a cop.

Brody though, knew more about that situation than the authorities did. Diaz didn't kill that cop, neither did his little brother. But apparently that cop shot his father? It was a story that Elio as well as Peter wanted to know more about, but Brody said he couldn't let on.

"Sometimes, the events in someone's life should be kept private, and not exposed to the world. As a journalist, I know that all too well. That's how I've learned my limits." Brody told them.

But he didn't just dump them at the Visitors center and hit the road, he gave Elio his number and a link to his blog.

"Perhaps we'll meet again someday, and take this from me. The future is like an endless road. Even when we're gone, it still goes on. These roads will perhaps lead us to where we will meet again." Elio had thought those words were quite inspirational, and surprisingly completely understood their meaning.

"Hey... guys?"

"What's up?" Peter asked, Pearl looked in his direction.

"Do you know what... happened in that church at Haven Point? I've been thinking about it for days..."

"I only remember getting launched by an explosion from inside. It looked like you were... glowing though. Not to mention those specks on your arms were glowing."

"Wait, specks?"

"Yeah, have you not noticed them?"

"No, I've kept my sleeves down almost the whole time after we left that town! And I don't really look at my arms!"

He was staring at the spots on his arms, and the slightly peeled skin around them. He pulled at a large part that appeared similar to a hang nail, and as he pulled, skin came off, but it didn't even hurt! It was slowly coming off, revealing a darker, ashen layer underneath.

"What the Hell!?"

Peter stared for a moment, in shock. "I... don't think it's supposed to look like that under skin. Does it hurt at all?"

"No, no it doesn't. It just... feels the same as the rest of my skin."

A large flake came off when Elio stopped peeling, and Peter picked it up. He stared at it for a moment, before it turned into a white and green mush.

"Holy shit!!" He yelled, startled and dropping it.

They all stared at it, before it evaporated into a puff of white gas.

"Is the heat getting to me, or did anyone else see that?"

"Nope, heat isn't doing anything to me, and I saw it!"

"It doesn't hurt at all... what is this?" Elio began to scratch at his arm, getting more and more dry skin off, when Peter grabbed his arm, keeping him from scratching.

"That's not healthy... you're going to hurt yourself Elliot."

"You... called me Elliot?"

"Yeah. You wanted Brody to call your contact Elliot, did you not?"

"Yeah..."

"Do you want me to call you Elliot?"

"That... that would be nice. Thank you..."

"Anytime Elliot. Now... let's get to Mystery Canyons, shall we?"

About a half-hour later, they had gotten close to what looked like the canyons, bit there weren't any human shaped holes.

"Hm... I think we're lost." Peter said. "Do you think we could make camp in that cave over there?"

"Yeah, that looks alright to me." Elliot said, walking over. It was a very shallow cave, more like a spherical crevice in the wall of the canyon than anything.

Elliot had gathered a couple rocks for the boundary of a campfire they were going to make, Pearl brought out some logs and a can of acellerant fluid from her gem. Peter brought out a lighter that Brody had given him.

Elliot was the one to get the fire going, although Peter insisted on doing it. Scout training plus a year and a half surviving in Tullwend let him pick up a thing or two.

About an hour went by of Peter telling stories of his time in Tullwend. From waking up in a case, to the Javamatic battle with the final wave having a robot with Lusamines face on the screen. The "O.R.C. general" he called it. There had also been the time a fungus down there was able to infect humans. The people had tracked the fungus to its source, which turned out to be a giant Demon Orb-Weaver spider. The Broodmother, or as Pete called it: The Sovereign of contagion."

He was in the middle of explaining how the Broodmother had been slain, when they began to hear, as well as feel them.

"What was that?"

Pearl tensed up, staring off into the canyon.

"Hey Pearl, you okay? What's going on with..."

Elliot had been looking at Pearl for a moment, and then at Pete, realized he was frozen too. Then he saw what they were both staring at.

A snarling creature, on two bird like feet with 6 eyes, as well as ten feet tall.

"I think it's time we FUCKING RUN!!" Elliot grabbed Pearl and Peter's hands, and they all ran faster than any of them had in any of their lives.

Elliot and Peter had slid down a new area of the canyon, but Pearl was still at the top, with the monster right behind her.

"Jump down Pearl!!" Peter yelled. "That things behind you!!"

"C'mon Pearl, jump!!" Elliot yelled.

The monster was now almost directly above her, snarling even louder. That was when Elliots pupils had changed to a white color once again, and in his blurry vision, the monster changed shape. A large glowing humanoid, with a gemstone in the center of it's face. It had frozen, and Peter was the one to realize it's appearance looked to be glitching out when Pearl slid down the wall.

"Pearl!" They both yelled. "Are you okay!?"

"Okay."

The monster then stopped glitching, and id down the canyon slope as well.

"No time to talk!" Elliot yelled, grabbing the others hands again.

They ran on for a few minutes with the monster behind them, and could finally see the defining feature of the Mystery Canyons.

There had vividly detailed human shaped holes scattered across the walls, just as it said online. There had even been one giant one with its arms in the air.

"The Mystery Canyons! We can try to hide in one of the holes!!" Elliot yelled.

"We won't all fit in there!!" Peter yelled back. While they were yelling at eachother, Pearl had ran in a completely different direction which took them a moment to notice. She had ran to some kind of Crystalline platform, with her hands on the platform.

"Pearl what the hell are you doing??" Peter yelled.

"That thing is getting close! Why aren't we running!?"

"Running."

"What's this platform going to do?! Be a fancy dinner plate??" The monster kept coming closer, and whatever Pearl seemed to be trying to do wasn't working.

"Nothings happening! What're we gonna do!?" Peter yelled.

"I don't know! Why can't we just run Pearl, we need to get out of here!!"

Peter was cowering behind Elliot, while Pearl was doing her thing, and Elliot was trying to act as a human shield.

That was when a blinding blue light consumed all three of them just as the monster got to them.

The monster stood there confused for a moment, before wandering off.

In a completely different area on the planet, a similar platform lit up an overgrown temple, and the three appeared on that said platform.

"What... was that?"

Chapters end.

Last edited:
The Temple

Diamondseed345

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
In a completely different area on the planet to the Mystery Canyons, a similar platform lit up an overgrown temple, and the three appeared on that said platform.

"What... was that?" Elliot asked, breathing heavily. Peter was silent, shaking slightly, while Pearl was still on her knees, in the same position as she was trying to activate this thing.

"Peter..." Elliot put a hand on Peter's shoulder. "That... thing, is gone. It can't hurt us anymore."

He slowly stopped shaking, and eventually he spoke. "It's... gone?"

"Yeah, it's gone."

"That's a relief..." Peter said, standing up. "I thought we were all gonna die... where are we?"

"I don't know." Elliot said, looking around the room. The walls seemed to be made of stone, and had been covered in vines. Moonlight from the now full moon above illuminated the walls, revealing what looked like murals behind the vines.

"You have any idea of where we are Pearl?"

Pearl was dead silent, and didn't even nod.
She only stepped off the platform, and began leaning on the wall.

"I'll... take that as a no."

"What're we gonna do??" Peter asked. "There's no doors in here, are we stuck now??"

"Calm down, calm down..." Elliot looked at the platform that brought the trio to where they were now, and proceeded to point to it.

"That thing brought us here, perhaps it could take us back?"

"How could it take us back?! We don't even know how to use it!"

"One thing is clear though, or at least I think it is. It's some kind of... teleporter?"
Elliot kneeled down next to the platform. "It looks a bit similar to the technology from the ship we found you on, just... different somehow."

"I guess it does... I don't remember anything like that on the ship though... or being teleported at all." They could both sense Pearl staring at them, but when they looked at her, her eyes darted away.

"Might be best not to try and use it again for awhile. That weird thing with bird legs might still be there... and I don't wanna be ripped to shreds."

"Heh, you and me both." Peter said.

Elliot and Peter managed to get a fire going by pulling vines off the walls. Peter didn't seem to mind that they were basically stuck in whatever this place was, as Elliot had lended him his phone. While Peter was watching a review about a Studio Ghibli movie, Elliot was staring at the murals on the walls, at one in particular. It had a circle in its center, and a rhombus symbol on its head, as well as spiky hair. Multiple circles were around the figure, and a couple of them had even smaller circles around them. Something just felt so... familiar about it, he couldn't put a finger on it.

There were other murals too, three more of them to be exact. One was erupting from the ground below, with a rhombus in its stomach. Two other had a rhombus symbol in the chest, but the circles were in different positions. One of them had the circles looming above their figure, as if it were making the circles float. The other had the circles at its side, with one in its hand. Who were they? Were they gods of an unknown culture?

If they were gods, was this some kind of temple? Pearl was acting odd ever since they arrived to this so called temple, perhaps she knew something about this place?

"Hey Pearl?" Pearls pupils began to glow white, as were Elliots.

"This place looks like some kind of ancient temple... kinda reminds me of the Aztec and Mayan civilizations down south... do you know who the people in the murals are?"

She looked up at the murals for a moment, before performing the same diamond shaped salute again.

"Why do you keep doing that? I seriously have no idea what that's supposed to mean... why is it shaped like a diamo-"

"Diamond." Pearl said

"What?"

She walked over to Elliot, keeping up the salute, and bowed.

"Alright, we still have no idea where we are. I'm not sure what doing that is supposed to do..."

The review Peter was watching went silent for a moment, before going back to its current volume. Peter appeared puzzled for a moment, before handing the phone to Elliot.

"Hey, you should probably look at this."

It was a Tumblr ask, surprising it could get through considering they barely had any mobile data wherever they were. Hell the Ghibli review looked super grainy.

"Elio, have you ever heard of the Great Diamond Authority?" It said.

"My name isn't Elio..." He grumbled.

"But I have no idea what the Diamond Authority is... do you Peter?"

"Rings a bell kinda, but I don't really know anything."

"Hey Pearl?" She was still staring at Elliot from the conversation a minute before.

"Have you ever heard of the..." Elliot looked at his phone again to recall the name. "Great Diamond Authority?"

"You... the great Diamond..."

"You don't need to call me a diamond you know, I keep saying that..."

A few days had passed, and Peter had been starting to get impatient on when they would leave. Elliot insisted that they stick together, and that there was a chance that monster was still prowling near the platform in the Mystery Canyons. Though overtime, Peter began to grow restless. The Temple room began to feel claustrophobic, and the smoke from the fires had been irritating his eyes. How the hell was the smoke doing that if he wasn't organic anymore??

He couldn't wait any longer, he had to go. THEY had to go.

Elliot woke up one night to Peter shaking his shoulder, insisting on him getting up.

"Ugh... it's 4 in the morning, what do you want?"

"We need to get out of here! We've been staying here too long, it's starting to get claustrophobic! Don't you feel it too??"

"I guess-"

"Well come on!!" He grabbed Elliots hand, and pulled him onto the platform with him.

"Just how do you plan on getting us out of here?"

"I don't know, we'll figure it out eventually!"

"I don't see a lever or button anywhere... maybe Pearl knows how to activate this?"

"Yeah, she might be our best bet... hey Pearl!"

Pearl turned her head away from the fire, and towards them.

"You know how to activate this thing?"

She only stared at them, as if she was staring through them.

"I mean you got us here... somewhere safe from that thing. What I'd do to be somewhere like this, except we don't need to use the bubble to stay dry..."

Someplace safe.

Particles of light began to concentrate around the platform, and the two began to float. "Holy shit... it's working!" Elliot then realized Pearl wasn't on the platform with them.

He attempted to get off the platform, and Pearl was attempting to get on.

"PEARL-" The two were then enveloped by light, and saw something that they didn't see the last time they used the platform.

They were in Space, in a concentrated beam of light, with a Pixelated effect all around them. Elliot was almost spinning, all the while Peter was almost screaming.

Elliot however, was freaking out on the inside.

"Turn us around!"

"C'mon! Go back!!"

"Take us back to the temple!!"

"Pearl didn’t get on the platform!!"

Nothing could stop them from going where the platform was taking them, and they could only wait.

But as quickly as they left, Elliot and Peter landed on another platform. They had fallen in a position that made it look like they had dogpiled one another, and the scent of the ocean surrounded them.

Chapters end.

Top Bottom