• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Blitz review prep 2023

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Welcome to the blitz prep page!

And its back again... While its not 100 percent set in stone as to when it starts since we know the blitz is on why not perculate... Speculate... Contemplate and samelessly gossip over our plots and plans for points, stories to hit, recs, or even requests amd things we'd like to see and hope for.

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
I'm doing the same thing as last year where my hitlist is just to try and review everyone who's shot me a during the last year and has something posted on-site I haven't reviewed yet at least once. Which offhand would be the following:

@Venia Silente
:checkmark:

@Sinderella

@Arukona

@Chibi Pika

@slamdunkrai

@Negrek

@tomatorade

@Extension_Driver

@windskull

@JFought

@BestLizard

@Ambyssin

@Sastrei

@Vray

@Torchic W. Pip (User delisted all fics on TR)

@Joshthewriter

@Namohysip

@Flyg0n

@Starlight Aurate

@Persephone

@Cresselia92

@Kiba Makuro

@HaruMiju

@SparklingEspeon

@Gyeig

@Blackjack Gabbiani

@Nekodatta

@K_S

@ShiniGojira

@StolenMadWolf

@Umbramatic

@Navar

@SnapDragon
@kintsugi

More to come on this list between some combination of more reviews rolling in, offsite reviewers setting up shop here before RB5's over, or me just noticing people that I overlooked.

Last edited:

tomatorade

The great speckled bird
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. quilava
  2. buizel
Man, I've gotta finish Once a Thief and Suicune's choice at least, but outside that I don't have much on my hitlist. Maybe now's the time to consider another longer fic to pick up. Or Salvage, actually. I've been very coy with Negrek about reading that lol.

Probably wanna hit a bunch of the oneshots too, since I got too busy before I could make much headway there. I will have to compile an itemised list.

K_S

Nice, well hopefully it works out for you both.

I've got plans to review for anyone who participates prize wise... And for the judges once those names are released.

I did some research and found a few members who started posting this year and gathered up a few fics from them to as a belated welcome.

And of course cant forget my favorites like couch and blackjack...

Heres a pretty rd list of who and what i plan to hit. Going for a fic/chapter a day to keep the sanity away.

List of all new authors i noticed. All moderators and mosc tales that got my attention.

Delerious?
Starte 1\5
Ended 1/5
Sparkling?
started 1/5
Emded 1/5
System error
Started 1/4
Finished 1/5
Kiba *
Starter 12/31
Finished 12/31
Z102eternal *
Started 12/31
Finished 12/31
Mr rma *
Started 12/31
Finished 12/31
Diamondseed *
Started 12/31
Ended 12\31
Abrapunk
started 1/6
Ended 1/6
Chibipika *
started 1/6
Ended 1/6
Tomatoerade
(2)
Started 1/2
Completed 1/2
Ambyssin
Started 1\4
Finished 1/4
Spinaltapdancer3. *
Started 12\31
Complete (3x chapter) 1/1
Flyg0n
Started 1/6
Finished 1/6
2)
Sarted 1/6
Finished 1/6
Kandykorn. *
Ended 12/30 (finished tale up to chapter 14)
Erazonpo3. *
Ended 12/30 w/ 3x reviews
Nekodatta. *
Ended 12/30
Ifbench
Started 1/3
Finished 1/5 (up to 9. Will revisit after i clear the rest of the list i didnt realize how long it is)
(2)
Started 1/5
Ended 1/5
Joshthewriter. *
started 1/1
ended 1/2
Spiteful murkrow
(Start from chapter 3 attempt 3x chapters)
Did thier single chapter fic villager as well.
Redspash. *
Started 12/30 (goal 3x chapters)
Finished: chapter 1 @ 1/3
started 2@ 1/3 finished 1/3
Started 3 @ 1/3 finished 1/3
Bluseadra (as i've reviewed everything here will pm them an ao3 review once i hear back)

As i got all of my new fics cleared away and the rest is under the casual reads might as well make other sections...

Sus. Done
Wildboots (i can not believe i missed this one!) Done
Love done
Wind stained paws. Done
Negrek. Done
K' done
Dragonfree. Done
Black jack. Done
Artificial life. Done

BLACKJACK
Started 1/7
Finished 1/7
COUCH
Started 1/7
Finished 1/9

Goal get enough for one of each prize. Pick what i want donate the excess...

End result 208 points garnered.

Prizes
Companion 15 points. DONE
Companion 30 points DONE
Companion 60 points DONE

Art ect
Tier 3 80 points (cover art?) Done

Present points 208. (Paid for 185)

23 points left over (so one art 1 for someone i guess?)...

40 art points... Incomplete.. I started losing my mind inwas working too much so bailed out on crunch time reviews...

Last edited:

Arukona

A Scribe Penning His Brainworms
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. sceptile
I reckon this year's Review Blitz will be me doing three things when it comes to reading and reviewing fics.

1. Get caught up on fics I'm a few chapters behind on, such as @Ambyssin's Path of Valor, @Spiteful Murkrow's Once a Thief, and @GumPlum's Free Fiction.

2. Go further with longfics that I have a chunk taken out of, but still have quite a ways to go in terms of being caught up on. These include @Spiteful Murkrow and @Virgil134's Fledglings, as well as @Namohysip's Hands of Creation.

3. Get started on some fics that I'm curious about checking out, including @Team_Ion's Warped Skies, @Sonic Ramon's Magic and Transvolution, @SparklingEspeon's Do Psychic Cats Dream of Electric Sheep? and @DeliriousAbsol's The End: Rekindled.

And of course, there are more fics on TR beyond what I've mentioned here that I might take a gander at. We'll see once Review Blitz gets underway.

Looking forward to reading!
871563918986850325.webp

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Well, there were fewer date options this year, but for the third Blitz in a row, it looks like the option that aligns poorest with my own schedule is going to win out. I'll be away for a solid chunk of the Blitz. I... would say I'm genuinely amazed this keeps happening, but by now it's pretty clear TR wants its Blitz mainly in January instead of December. Which will always be a problem for me because it's the ideal time for me to have medical procedures/appointments and otherwise travel. :sadwott:

So, I make no promises for what I'm actually going to be able to do. If I'm lucky, maybe returns to @Flyg0n's Legendary Adventures, @windskull's Places We Call Home, @Arukona's Dual Wills and @Navar's Liberators of Fate. I generally try to start at least one new fic during a Blitz if possible, which will have to be a tossup between @SparklingEspeon and @Inkedust . Or both. But, again, I'm at the mercy of my own plans and schedule.

K_S

Thats why i am infinitly glad we dont do these event in november tbh... I'd have the exact same problem.

I wonder if there shouldn't be a forum wide "when should we blitz" questionare and have things sorted by month so it'll be more fair to the masses? Its an idea at least.

Mirage

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
This will be my first ever blitz! Very excited to see how this goes :veelove:

I'm tentatively planning on working my way through Path of Valor, it's a fic I've had my eyes on ever since Negrek recommended it to me in the Intro thread. My goal is to get two forum companions, which works out to 35 reviews, or a little over one a day. I've been able to read one chapter a day for most of November so far, so I'm optimistic that it should be doable!

TheCouchEffect

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/His
Hopefully, I'll be able to crank a few reviews out. With a bit of luck, I'll be able to get through some of my backlogs.

• Mewlulz
Reactions: K_S

Nekodatta

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. koraidon-apex
  2. miraidon-ultimate
This will be my first Review Blitz so I'm quite excited to participate!
I think I will mostly focus on catching up on the fics I had started reading, namely Legendary Adventures, write reviews for the other chapters of What the Gods Gave Me and Home is Where the Hoenn Is that I've read, and focus on some of the most recent oneshots that have been posted.
I was also interested in tackling some of the most famous fics that I've seen mentioned here often, but I'm still not sure which one.
I will see what I'm in the mood of reading those days.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Third Blitz for me! My current plan is to catch up on @Ambyssin's Path of Valor, which... I believe I haven't read since 2020, and I think I was at chapter 8 the last time I reviewed it. I should have enough time to read it all and review a bunch of chapters. I'm unsure how long that's gonna take, but if it doesn't take too long I wanna read a bit more of @Spiteful Murkrow and @Virgil134's Fledglings. As much as I can.

Wanna catch up on @Arukona's Dual Wills, and since I'm only a few chapters behind that shouldn't take too long. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I can get caught up on @Namohysip's Hands of Creation.

All in all, I'm excited to read all of them. If I can, of course.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Glad to see people excited about this year's Blitz! Lots of ambitious reviewing goals here--good luck, everybody!

Thats why i am infinitly glad we dont do these event in november tbh... I'd have the exact same problem.

I wonder if there shouldn't be a forum wide "when should we blitz" questionare and have things sorted by month so it'll be more fair to the masses? Its an idea at least.
Since opinion polls have pretty much always pushed Blitz into late December/January, I think after this year I'm going to do some kind of poll on a permanent time slot and hold it there each year rather than polling each time. The options would probably be just December or January, or perhaps February, though--we already have a lot of events scheduled for other times of year (e.g. one-shot contest in June) that I wouldn't be looking to move around.

For my own Blitz goals this year, I'd first of all like to end up with at least 100 points this year. I came tragically close last year but didn't quite make it. I think around 25 reviews should be enough for that, which would also be a reasonable mark to aim for after hitting 22 last year.

First of all I'll be hoping to catch up on some of the fics I traditionally review for Blitz:

- Places We Call Home
- Once a Thief
- The new version of Will I Follow? (!!)
- Broken Things

There are also a number of other fics I'd like to catch up on. Ideally I'll be able to knock one or two of these off the list before Blitz actually starts, but whichever of these I still have open:

- What the Gods Gave Me
- Drowning
- Electric Sheep
- Timeslip
- Of Sand and Shadows
- Dual Wills (probably not gonna catch up, but would like to get some more chapters in)
- Path of Valor (likewise)
- Zion's new one-shot
- More of love's stuff!
- The various contest one-shots that I haven't already reviewed

I'd also like to pick up a couple new fics that I haven't read before! Definitely eyeing ErazonPo3 and K_S' work, as well as both Inkedust and JFought's new fics!

I'm sure I've forgotten several obvious choices here, but I think that's a pretty good starting list, at least!

Last edited:

K_S

Looking for a new fic to read but undescided as to where to start? Heres a resource to help with that.

Fic introduction thread 2023

And heres a review tag to poke at too if anyones interested in picking up a new fic and forwarding a new one after.

Review tag

Last edited:

Kandykorn

Lion Apologist
Pronouns
They/Them
As someone who's never done anything like the blitz before, I'm very excited to see how it goes!

K_S

As someone who's never done anything like the blitz before, I'm very excited to see how it goes!
It's a good type of chaos. If 100 reads surprised you initially you'll be surprised again in a good way after everyone hops in and goes nuts reading/reviewing during the event..

So I've some writing goals I'm trying to square up.

1. Finish Couch's gift fic. (Done)
2. Finish Headcanon's: In ogni caso necessario. (Done 12/22)
3. Finish (or get mid way through at least) Headcanon's: Corinthians 15:10 arc. (Progress intro, part 1 done others pending

Last edited:
Top Bottom