• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Blitz 2023: Feedback and Reflective

When should we hold Blitz going forward?

• December

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mid-December to Mid-January

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • January

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Mid-January to Mid-February

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • February

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • A secret sixth thing (please post in thread)

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
All right, a bit of final housekeeping here. First, all sprite companions should now be distributed; sorry again for the delay with these.

Also, after extending the poll a bit, the results are ultimately quite close between a December-January split, December, and January. For next year, I plan to go with the Dec-Jan split, as it is ultimately the poll winner, but a couple things seem clear to me here:

- One way or another, somewhere in the realm of December through January is the preferred time (as opposed to pushing things off until February)
- There's no one time that's going to satisfy more than a narrow majority of people

Depending on how things go, I may try some compromise to address these; for example, we could alternate between December and January each year so that people who have trouble with one or the other wouldn't be getting locked out every year. It's generally easiest for people to plan around and anticipate a consistent date, though... But I'll continue to think about the best way to schedule this event. I don't think we've found the best option yet.

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Perhaps a follow up "availability for blitzs" closer to the final gasp... (Oct maybe?) And if thats inconclusive swing an early once since this one was late then reverse tracknext year unless some sweeping oddity manifests for the bulk of us in the last second check in?

At the very least itll give the judges and volenteers time to prep thier callenders if no one else?

Top Bottom