• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon An Everlasting Moment - The Guildmaster's Journal Entries (EDL's Bingo Drabbles)

The Guild Building stood in the centre of Beiping, the Northern Kingdom's capital. In one of its most private rooms, which only the Guildmaster, Shou'an, and his guests, were allowed, there was a book, one which had clearly been bound with care, but now was worn from use over the years. It was simply labelled "An Everlasting Moment" on the cover, and it is one of the most personal items that the leader of the nation had, his journal. And you were one of the few people aside from himself that are allowed to read it...

These are my drabbles for the Fifth Anniversary Drabble Bingo, and they serve as pieces of around 200-300 words each that are relevant to my future fanfiction, Dipper, or Beidou. They are written in the format of journal entries by the Guildmaster (who is effectively King of the Kingdom, just with a different name). I hope you enjoy these mini short stories!

An Everlasting Moment: The Guildmaster's Journal Entries

Aug 29, 3258—The Lost Heir

In the Species, there had always been a clear—and clean—line of succession. Each of our Species, be it in the former Kingdom before the Split, or the current Northern Kingdom, will be King after the previous one dies. It is said, however, that there was one Member of the species that had never been leader of the Kingdom.

It is said, however, that shortly after the Prince had escaped from the South, he produced, so to speak, a Member of the Species that was never recorded; and why this is so is because in general, there is a mechanism which aimed to sustain the lineage of the species in each of Us, and that in one of the locations which he was granted solace, a small town in the Mountains slightly Southeast of the Northern Kingdom, a young Member was born; and that the Prince, afraid that the Southerners were still after him, that the Member was left there.

In all probability, the Member never created successive lineages there, but lived a comfortable, if very low-profile, life there, but as Our Species has been blessed with gifts from the First Generation, it is certain that he influenced the wisdom in that town to a high degree. The records show the town to be in what is now probably near Qingshan Province, which was one of the first non-Eastern provinces to join the Kingdom in year 14.

This, of course, is all speculation; and by that, I mean that there’s no official confirmation on whether this is true or not. It’s so long ago that no one knows for sure. But I think that if it was in the record, even if it can’t be confirmed (which no one can, to be honest, in this case), it probably still means there’s truth, if only an ounce of it.

Nov 14, 3258—Four Perils

The sightings of the Four Perils have been recorded throughout the history of the Kingdom before the Split. It is true, in all likelihood, that they reside mainly in the South, as in the entire history of the Northern Kingdom, there has not been any talk on this, aside from speculation and belief; there has certainly not been any sightings.

Respectively, they are named Chongjian, Jianbao, Chiyu and Dinglu, and each of them represents one aspect of the behaviour of Pokemon that is evil: greed, hatred, fear, and grudge. It is said that whenever there have been disasters in our world, the four beasts all have something to do with it; in peace, they sleep, but in disaster, they awaken.

However, each of their bodies also represents something that is essential to our life. Chongjian symbolizes Agriculture and Abundance, Jianbao represents Power and Glory, Chiyu symbolizes Fire and Passion, and Dinglu symbolizes Water and Flow. Some believe that the Four Perils are demons, evil and chaos-loving, but We believe that there is a lesson to be learnt from the two symbolisms of each of them: that everything that we do can be taken to an extreme, and it is only there at that extreme that chaos happens.

The Southern Kingdom has, quite recently, sent us important letters with regard to recent sightings of the Perils. I believe that, for our Kingdom to not be affected by the disasters brought upon by the Southern Kingdom, we have to practice isolation from them, at least for the time being.

Dec 8, 3258—The Path to Immortality

I’ve frequently asked my father, when he was still here, why we can’t live forever. After all, we were given the power and capabilities as gifts to help us rule. So why can’t we be here forever? Why can’t we just be, unconstrained by years that will inevitably lead us to our death?

Apparently, this question has been asked by quite a few members of the Species before, and the answer is that: we can, indeed, live forever. But there is no purpose in doing so.

There is frequently a graph drawn regarding our life, a curve with a long tail at the end. It symbolizes our wellbeing and ability throughout our life: initially, we start out with little ability, but during our first years, we train hard, we practice, we learn. Eventually, we hit a peak, which is approximately twenty or twenty-five years of age. The peak is maintained, with a slight decline, from that time to around sixty, before an accelerated decrease in ability is experienced. This lasts, apparently, till we are a hundred and ten years of age, before that decrease grows slower and slower, never going to zero.

Because of this, we can live forever, but our ability eventually will decrease to almost zero, but never to zero. At that point, we would be almost no different from a newborn in terms of skill and ability, and though it is quite possible to delegate responsibility of ruling to someone else, it is said that at that point, there wasn’t much point in living anyway.

I understand all of that, of course; and all Members of the Species do as well. But the fact, really, is that death is such a sudden thing, for both Us and all other Pokemon, that it’s just difficult to think about, even years on. Sometimes I still wish that we didn’t all have to leave in this way.

Top Bottom