• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Abandoned Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies.
R8 BOSS – The Radiant Machine
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    They appeared just outside of the laboratory, and immediately felt a strange power rush through them. Owen winced and stepped away. "Ngh, what is that? It burns..."

"Radiance," Maple said, her fur glowing in resonance. "And a lot of it. Be careful. Be wary of using Radiant techniques in its presence..."

"So it really is some kind of Radiant Machine, just like the Shadow Machine." Truffle hummed. "Karat, you should be careful. You're vulnerable to that kind of power as well, not being Radiant yourself."

"I'll live," Karat muttered. "Is Maple okay?"

"I am fine. I am simply... reacting strongly to the Radiance. But I know how to keep it under control." Despite her words, though, it looked like parts of her body, just under the skin, was ripping away, revealing... something stirring underneath. Something golden..

"Your suit's tearing," Soda pointed out with a smirk.

Maple huffed and covered one of the 'wounds.' "It will pass. Give me a moment."

"Ah! There you are!" Buffet called, rushing toward them from the right. "We don't have a moment! Giovanni is--"

In a blink, Buffet went careening off to the side with a massive chunk of his wings missing as well as one of his heads. Spewing from the wound was something that appeared to be stardust.

"Buffet!" Truffle shouted.

"Oh, did I do that?" called a voice.

Just around the wall, stepping into view, was that same Mewtwo with the cold grin and sharp eyes. "My hand must have slipped. I do hope he is okay."

"It will... take more than that... to take me out!" Buffet shouted even as more stardust poured from him. "Don't worry about me!" he called to the others, though it was clear he was in no condition to fight. "I've been obliterated once and I can handle it again!"

But it felt like there was someone else around the wall, too. Giovanni wasn't alone...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom