• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Wigglytuff's Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Did I take them? Hmmmm, I don't think I ever said that." In a sing-song voice, Darkwhite spun and spun. "Maybe I'm just better at scouting than you are. Or maybe I have some inside information you don't. Or maybe I did it! Uhuhu... I'll never tell. That would ruin the fun!" She lowered her altitude a little, sinking into her own haze until she was nothing but eyes and a smile.

"Hmmmm but who are the other three? What do you think?" She turned her gaze to Chatot, who stood petrified while Wigglytuff continued to stare ahead, still grinning.

"W-well... informally speaking, Team Spice's family consists of seven members. The numbers... add up."

"Oh? Oh?" Darkwhite leaned a little closer. "And who are they?"

"Er..." It was clear that she knew, so Chatot disclosed it for the others. "Surf and Turf, of course. Their children. Thyme and Pepper, the parents. They also adopted a son... And while he is a Legend, they also gave him a name, Jelly. He is a Manaphy. A-and... of course, there are their other team members, who became somewhat of an... aunt and uncle to Surf and Turf, and by extension Jelly. But, surely they weren't all claimed by..."

Darkwhite's smile somehow grew wider.

"Who are the rest?" Cynthian asked, trembling. "They have a Legend on their team? How much worse can it get?"

"Their aunt and uncle," Maple said slowly. "They can't possibly be..."

Chatot lowered his head. "Darkrai and Cresselia."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Indeed," Chatot said. "Each one befriended in a slightly different way. Friends with Dialga and Palkia as well, I might add." He sighed, mournful. "Yet for such an impressive team to still be rendered helpless by the darkness."

"Mmmm, not helpless, they're still very spirited!" Darkwhite gasped, then covered her mouth, but it was clearly intentional. "Oops! I said too much!"

"Where are they?" Maple demanded.

"I'll never tell." She giggled again. "Just that they're alive. I don't want you to give up the chase entirely!"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot glared up at Darkwhite. Here was one of their foes right in front of them, yet she was just taunting them that they couldn't do anything to her! ... Then again, if she wanted to toy with them so badly, maybe they could trick her and use it against her?

"If you want to play so badly, why don't you give us a hint as to where they are?" he asked. "It's not much of a game if we don't have a single thing to work with."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa shook off her sparks and mouthed a truly foul word.

"We have to humour her. Someone native to Cibus, start making guesses."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Nope, nope, nope!" She abruptly covered her ears. "You need to plan! But okaaaay, I'll give you a hint. They're alive, annnnd... They're somewhere on this continent!"

Maple snorted. "I suppose that could be helpful," she said, "...Then what more can you tell us, Darkwhite?"

"I know you're a liar... Maple. Uhuhu..." Her smile did not falter, yet Maple's expression hardened. "It's so beautiful how all of you are lying to each other, right now... Uhuhu... hu... Oh! I know. I should give you onnnne morrre hint. Team Spice... isn't the only one you should worry about." She sank lower into the shadows. "There's another society that's already slowly sinking into the darkness... just..."

She disappeared into the ground, leaving nothing but a haze that, too, faded.

Just... like... this... Uhuhu...

And then, she seemed to have left, or was at least no longer interfering directly.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave remained tense and on alert where he was standing, heart pounding. "What the fuck was that?" he snarled, looking at Maple. "You said you knew that thing."

He paused. Legendary Pokémon. The dream and nightmare things from bedtime stories and cutesy picture books. The idea of them just being real and friends with some people here was laughable, but whatever, fine, he was stuck in a fucking children's cartoon and that was just the way it was. "So is it just me or was she implying 'Team Spice' are all brainslugged, too? That's seeming pretty important."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Well, that was... actually some helpful information. He had no idea what a “Manaphy” was, but he recognized the beamed “Darkari” and “Cresselia.” Unfortunately... that news wasn’t good news. Two higher beings... gone because of... whatever this is. Both possibly ill. After seeing what an ill Totodile could do, he really didn’t want to fight a higher being with that kind of power boost.

And then there was the matter of Grey themself. If higher beings could be struck with this illness, then...

Grey’s fur was purple instead of pink, but that kind of distortion was consistent with that they’d seen in Turf. Aside from that matter, Grey fit the description of Mew quite well, even down to the disposition. One of Arceus’ Firstborn.

One of the Firstborn that he’d mocked. One who’d promised not to forget that.

A chill ran down his spine, his blood ran cold. He felt nauseous.

“I... I don’t feel so good all of a sudden.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The productive air of the meeting had quickly evaporated, though thankfully most of the essential information had already been divulged. Maple went over the rest of what was known, and then concluded for Chatot, "All things considered, I will be scouting as many locations as I can in the coming days with Soda and the others. The Grass Continent is large--the search itself can take up to two weeks. If Team Spice is anything to go by, though, they will survive. Until then, perhaps we can search for that society that Darkwhite claims has fallen to darkness, too. It will be difficult without individuals like you being there directly, however..."

"We should prioritize high-suspicion locations first," Chatot concluded. "But until then... I suppose we are dismissed. Guildmaster, do you have anything else to add?"

The Guildmaster said nothing.

"...Guildmaster?"

"...Zzzz... zzzzzz..."

Chatot froze. Panicked, flustered, horrified, he glanced at the others, then at Wigglytuff. His eyes were still open yet--was he fast asleep? Did he blink?

"Guildmaster? Guildmaster!"

No response.

Chatot beat his wings, loosening a few feathers. "GUILDMASTER!"

"YOOM!" Wigglytuff suddenly raised his arms in the sky and there was a blinding flash of light. The ground trembled. A terrifying aura of power radiated off of him. "Everyone! We will save Team Spice! We'll search for them and search for any darkness in town, and anywhere else on the Grass Continent! We'll all do it together, friends!" He jumped with an audible boing, nearly hitting the ceiling. "YOOM-TAH!"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"YOOM!" Wigglytuff suddenly raised his arms in the sky and there was a blinding flash of light. The ground trembled. A terrifying aura of power radiated off of him. "Everyone! We will save Team Spice! We'll search for them and search for any darkness in town, and anywhere else on the Grass Continent! We'll all do it together, friends!" He jumped with an audible boing, nearly hitting the ceiling. "YOOM-TAH!"

Cabot blinked as his mouth hung open out of surprise.

"The Guildmaster is certainly... different," he murmured.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"It was hard to tell," Owen said, "but... purple, I guess?" He watched as the crowd dispersed, Truffle already leaving to begin his first scouting mission. Maple and Potluck seemed to have similar prospects in mind.

"Indeed," Maple said. "She seemed to have purple fur. Why?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste laughed in relief. “Oh, phew. Aside from the purple fur, Grey looked a lot like Mew. A moment after I finished mocking them, I realized that one of Arceus’ firstborn has been infected. Turf’s scales got purpler when she was infected, so it was a fair guess.

“No one but us can see the way infected people change, so if you saw them as purple, they must just be purple! Haha, what a relief!”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple paused, halting her steps. "Mew?" she said. "...No. Impossible, I'm afraid. Perhaps something resembling Mew."

"How can you be so sure?" Cabot asked, stepping toward Maple. "We have other Protectors--er, gods already being corrupted, so... what's to say..."

"Because I spoke with Mew just yesterday," Maple said, "and she has an airtight alibi with Team Gyro on the Water Continent. They were the very ones who defeated Dark Matter a decade ago."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa scoffed at Maple's words. "You're saying that like y'ain't surrounded by folks who hail from other worlds. This 'Darkwhite' gal could be the mew of a different world. We know almost nothin' for sure."

She grounded her electricity in the floor, and her coat stopped shimmering with energy. "Pardon me, y'all, but I gotta go get my head right. Be seein' ya."

She left, intent on a dojo sparring bout with any and all comers.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple nodded, though what Brisa said did resonate somewhat with her. She looked to Balm, who had been silently watching Darkwhite's actions with Cepa, but was unfortunately not able to find an opening to strike, either. "How is the Mew of your world faring?" she said.

"She is fine," Balm replied. "I doubt that she has anything to do with this."

"Hm. Those are the only Mew that I am aware of... But perhaps we can keep this in mind for later."

R2 – Day 8, Afternoon ~ Sheer Force

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot tilted his head slightly, before opting to brush things aside for now. Whatever Darkwhite's origin was, there wasn't much they could do with it right here and now. Besides, the meeting wasn't the only reason he came to the guild...

"Hey, Chatot?" Cabot asked, pausing a moment as he realized he didn't even know the bird's actual name. "Could I talk to you for a moment?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hmm? Of course," Chatot said, watching as the rest of the group started to shuffle off, including Balm being returned to his resting quarters at the Guild while he recovered.

"Oh, you're talking about the Ability Change thing, right?" Owen asked. "Maple mentioned that the Guildmaster had some sort of... potential-unlocking power for that sort of--"

"Yes! Oh, yes, I'm so happy Maple told you!"

Maple had already left, a bit hastily at that.

"I just need you to come with me to my office and I can change your ability easily! There's someone in another town who can do something similar... but I can do it, too! And for free, because you guys are saving the world! More world-saving friends...!" He was already running into his office, Chatot nodding apologetically toward them.

"He's much more intelligent than he lets on," Chatot said, half-pleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom