• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Vs Despot King, Orzo

Turn 2: Tera-Drought [Rayray becomes DeadRay]
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    Team Resolution begins their counter attack. Victoria Safeguarded the Team! Malachai is generating a Tailwind! Powered by the Tailwind, a Smokescreen is veiling the team and blinding the enemy!

"Kaióga, Álfa tis Thálassa, please, for my whole life, I have knelt before your mighty waves. Now grant me the strength to continue, to save my friends, old and new."
    A shining sphere of light formed in front of Wallace and a shimmering form of Manaphy appeared. Time seemed to slow. She lowered her head and pressed it lightly against Wallace's for a moment. "I hear your prayers, Wallace. And I shall answer them."

She floated up and turned to face Orzo. Her face deepened with anger and she raised her arms to the sky. "Behold the wrath of the sea!"

Water, so much water surged up from the ground itself, consuming Orzo, swirling all around him and swallowing him as it battered him endlessly. The whirpool continued to rage as Manaphy slumped for a moment, winded. "That is all I can do for now. You must continue to fight on, Wallace. Be brave. The might of the sea rests within you." She brushed a fin against his cheek before slowly fading away.

Team Resolution attacked Orzo and Rayquaza!

Orzo was cursed, badly poisoned, sieged by a whirlpool and stunned!

The combined power of Nine's powered-up Thunderbolt and a burst of team attacks dealt catastrophic damage to Rayquaza, defeating him. He retreated through the ring!

The electric attacks caused Orzo to drop the ring! Orzo was damaged... But he's still standing strong.

The shield guarding Yveltal is cracked! They appear to be waking...

Darkrai reclaimed the ring for Team Resolution! Hoopa is gathering their strength to try and use it...

Egged on by Taunts, Orzo generates a Signal Beam and fires at the whole team! He attempts to target Neo and Novo, but they are protected!

Aggron's Rock Slide reduced the damage to the rest of the party severely!

The beam missed the rest of the team thanks to the Smokescreen!

Team Resolution sprang into action, casting attacks swiftly and moving as a unit. A powerful gust of wind gave a supernatural speed to everyone, and carried a cloud of smoke directly into the opposing side, blinding them. Orzo roared in rage as a full-scale assault came down on him and Rayquaza. Electricity arced, ice filled the skies and bursts of dragon fire lit the air. Along with extremely irritating singing from a certain group of humans and pokemon.

Rayquza fell under the barage first, then Orzo staggered from the blows, poison seeping into his body. His red eyes seemed to burn with hate as their stupid song continued. With a sharp crack, sparks surged across his ring and body, until one of his rings slipped from his grasp. A dark aura surrounded it, yanking it back before it could be recovered. Orzo's enraged roar morphed into a diabolical laugh. His rings began to pulse with power.

"S̵̝̄̒i̴̪̼͌̾n̶̬͔̰̅̍͗g̴̠̮̈ ̷͖͇̊a̴͕̓̾͛l̴̡͍̺̑͒l̸̨̰̑͜ ̵̹͋y̵̦̋o̵͍͐́͌ṷ̶͎̹̓ ̴͋̊̀ͅẁ̴̘̝ā̸̠̜͌͠n̷̥͐͆́t̸̠̀͘.̵̰̔͋͠.I̸̧̤͖̝̼̭̐̽͊̂ ̴̛̫̘̙͑̎̃̏͗̀ͅw̶̬̫̘̺͖̝̯̉̅i̷̢̠̤̭̎̇̄̑̀l̴̹͋̓̍̇͌̉̕l̵̩̗̜̥͌̓͆͑̊̎͝ ̴̧͕̜̘̯̱͇̔̆̉͋͗ǹ̷͎̖͔̞̂ȍ̷̮͆̍̚͠t̴̯̖͔̹̯̙̠̽̄̐̑ ̵̗̻͓͔̙̘̚ͅb̶͇͇̜͖̘̏̔̔̈͌ḙ̶̙͆͊̌̍͜ ̴͉͉̭̞̜͉̾̽̉͘͜s̸̼͚̝̖͌̆̍͜͝ô̵͉̩̯͌ ̷̧̌͘͝ḛ̷̗͙͎͚̅͊̃̈́̕͜͠a̴̜̱̜̙̬̘̐s̵̺̙͈̖͌ͅi̷̛̠̬̭̞͒̄͛͑̾͗l̶̗͕̮͚̱̮̗̓̂̆̾y̸̫̮͖̘̻͂̿̓͠ ̷͎̠̼̱͖̐p̴̢̪͈̥̂̇̽ͅu̶̟͑̀t̵̡̛͉͇̠͓̃̋̉̀ ̸̡̙͕̦̯̰̓̍͋͊͜͝d̷͖̤͖̹̈́͐̈́̄͘o̸͕͙̅̽͝͝w̸̙̉n̸̖͚̘̗͎̙͖̈̈.̸̯̣̩̱̎̊͠ ̷̛͈̭̔͛̎͠͝"

Filled with rage, Orzo summons forth the great Dragon of Ideals, Zekrom and the Titan of Earth, Primal Groudon! Zekrom is charging up electricity!

Groudon is generating a drought, causing the field to dry up and sapping the strength of Team Resolution! Water and Ice types will take extra damage if the drought persists, and water and ice-type moves will become ineffective!

"̶̨͓̭̣̰̜̮͂͒̈́Ȳ̴͇̘ỏ̸̫̠̲͛͆̓̂͆ư̶̞̟̤̯͕͆̋͌̽̿ ̸̤̫̦̞̌͂̄̚͝w̵̺̖͈̪̬̃̓͌͑̒̀̍̉͝ī̸̛̟̺̝̱̜̞̥͍͗l̵̨̲͑̀l̷̘̞̜͕͈̗̭͐̈́̔͆̔̈́ ̴̠̞̰̪͖̄̉͋̇̎̽͝n̸̤̼̳͗̓͂̊͌̆̕ơ̷̡̡͎̤͈̠͙̜͔̈́͋t̵̡͇̭̳͎̠̀̒ͅ ̵̡͍̣̲̦̥̌̽̀̈́́ṗ̵̢̰̻̦̠̻͎͖̝͑̈̓̕r̵̲̠͎̝͍͓͉̘͛̾͑̍͋͜ͅe̸̡̯̅̌͆͂̾̿̀̈́͋̈́v̶̩̝̪̦̹͍͕̔a̷̧͈̱̳̲̐̌̀͆͂̈́̆͌̊̇i̷̳̦̯̩̗̱̭͌͑̌̊̀̿̿̉̕͜͜͠ľ̷͉̖̘̱͇͇͍͚͎͖̀̕!̵̡̻͕̖̹̙͉̑̾̂̋̓̒"̶̧͉͕̇̊̓̀̓

Last edited:
    Turn 4: Thundersnow and Death
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    Aggron pierced through Yveltal's shield! Aggron's Rock Slide and Spirit's Razing Flamethrower dealt heavy damage to Yveltal!

Egged on, Groudon accidentally strikes Orzo for great damage!

Filled with valiant resolve and courage, Jade and Nate ride into battle on Keldeo! Keldeo's Sacred Oceanic Strike dealt devastating damage to Groudon! The next blow felled it easily, and Orzo was severely damaged!

Wes called upon the aid of twins Latios and Laitas! United, they struck a grievous blow against Zekrom, allowing him to be swiftly felled by the following attack. Orzo takes significant damage.

The powerful combination of attacks on the legendary pokemon seems to deal damage to Orzo as well when they are felled!

Orzo summons the trio of birds from Kanto! Zapdos and Articuno are generating the Thundersnow weather! Dragon, Ground and Flying types will take increased damage next turn.

Orzo called upon Yveltal! Call of Oblivion dealt catastrophic damage to Team Resolution! They're barely hanging on...

Powerful wind surged from behind the team, giving unexpected speed to their movements and attacks. And as a unit, they struck as hard as they could.

A shining cannonball, launched by a precise sound blast, hurtled through the air and crashed right through the shield enveloping Yveltal. Aggron landed, gathered himself, and brought a hail of stone down upon the great bird as Spirit's fire consumed it. It screeched and writhed in pain, the shield falling away completely, its feathers scorched and body battered... it gave a chilling cry and unfurled its wings fully, rising higher into the air, faltering but still conscious.

The battlefield erupted into chaos. Evie became a tan blur, weaving in and out between pokemon until she danced before the Land Titan itself, striking it and gaining its attention for a moment. It turned its burning gaze on her and roared, lava bubbling from its jaws. Before it could strike, Evie vanished again. She streaked across the field, weaving around Orzo, nipping at his heels. All the while, Gen slashed at him repeatedly, even as he faltered in the sweltering heat. And with each strike, his dagger left deeper and deeper wounds.

Howling with rage and distracted by pain, Orzo swiped at Gen, snatching the barely conscious otter into his huge claws and squeezing-

And then lava exploded under Orzo, scorching him and eliciting a furious roar.

Smirking, Evie scuttled away from the two titans, her task accomplished.

Legs burnings and sinking into the ground, Orzo released Gen and flung him away. Half blind, he began to charge a counter attack. But before any retaliation could be made, Orzo was buried under a barrage of attacks, sand and light and earth and shadow.

From one side of the field, a glowing streak. Keldeo, galloping full speed, somehow carrying two riders and a delighted looking Mightyena, and charging straight for Groudon. As it ran, the sword on its head lengthened to a deadly point, swiriling with supernatural water, despite the oppressive heat. A cooling wave seemed to surround its body and riders, protecting them as they drew near to Groudon. The earth itself had begun to melt into steaming, sizzling sludge, yet Keldeo's steps carried it gracefully across. Hold on. Its voice sounded in the heads of its riders.

And then, just yards from Groudon, it coiled its powerful legs and leaped.

The air itself seemed to carry Keldeo, up, up up. Even with Groudon. Then it swung. The blade-like horn sliced Groudon deep, carving a gash into its neck that oozed lava. Keldeo landed effortlessly and danced backwards to avoid a counterstrike.

Groudon gave a mangled roar and sank to one knee, more lava pouring from its wound. The unnatural glow of its body began to flicker and fade, and it seemed to grow smaller... Then, for a moment, its almost appeared ready to attack again, until the earth itself erupted under it, battering it, and it was buried under a barrage of attacks.

And with that, the oppresive heat faded and the atmosphere returned to normal.

At nearly the same time as Keldeo's charge, Wes's prayer from on the back of Chef Flygon was answered. As Chef Flygon rolled and dodged through the sky, there was a triumphant draconic cry and twin streaks of light shimmered into existance on either side of Wes. "We hear you, Wes, and we will aid you." Latios replied. "It is the strength of your bond, the strength of siblinghood that will allow us to strike true."

Draconic aura rippled around their bodies. They surged upwards, looped, and came back down as a single blazing dragon of light, smashing down on Zekrom. The great black dragon staggered and collapsed to one knee, barely standing. It gave a mad, guttural howl, the electricity around it gathering, ready to release- The last barrage of attacks came down on its head, ending its attack.

For a brief moment, there was a lull. Groudon and Zekrom, both down and drawn back through the rings. Orzo, staggered and crippled and worn from the effort of summoning legendaries. Cursed and poisoned and beseiged by Manaphy's latent whirlpool. And overhead hovered Yveltal, like a grim omen.

"I̷̺̥̱̗̻͕̊̑̈̊͒͘ͅͅ ̷̪͇̻̺̀t̸̢̯͕̟̤̊͂͜ỉ̸̙͓̬̪͕̔ͅr̶͈̾́e̷̡̞̙̯̩͈͐͝ ̴̧̆̾̓̕ô̵̢̨̨̼͍̈̅̏̀͝ͅf̶̧͕̭̭̔́̐ ̷̦̙̥̺̹́̽̂̈́̉͐͂͠t̴̼͙͚̺̄̌̆̃̈́͝h̷̛̗̠͔̬͍̪̐͆͆̆̌̐ȩ̶̯͚͑̏́̒̿͑s̶̯̪̜͉̈́̀͑ȩ̵̨̬͍̤͚̱͝ ̴͙̺͓̇̋̾̅͠ͅg̵̜̟͓͓̬̱̈́ą̷̟̹͓̅̔̽̿̂̀͂̄m̶̲͉̲͓̙̀̃̍̃̅̍͝e̸̞͔̾͑̚͝s̵̳̤̥̫̙̯̱̈́.̵̦̝͇̻͗ͅ ̵̨̣̝͎̪̰̔͒̓̄͊̚P̸̧̠̒e̸̛͔͙̲̋̂̆͜r̴̡̲̬͚̃̈͊̈́͝ī̵̲͈̮́̓̋͝s̶͓͐̋̊ͅh̴̢̢̟̻͓͒̓.̸̨̳̥̬͚͌̉̄͂̚͠"

Two beams of light from Orzo lanced across the field, cutting across the team haphazardly, shattering protect shields, though the worst of the strike was averted.

Three rings charged with energy from Orzo. Electricity crackled around one, fire coalesced around the second, and ice gripped the third.

A might avian shriek came from within them, and three shapes emerged. The Bearers of Storms, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Moltres hung back, behind Yveltal. Eyes blank, Zapdos and Articuno soared across the battlefield. Ice and lightning followed in their wake, until the skies were barely visible and the temperature had dropped. A blizzard began. Constant flashes of lightning cracked across the sky and hail pelted all around. Cold stiffened limbs, making it hard to move, hard to react.

Hoopa's frantic telepathic voice sounded in the teams heads. "The birds aren't as strong as the other legendaries, as long as we work together we can stop them."

Orzo spoke over Hoopa. "̸Y̵o̴u̴r̷ ̷r̴e̶s̵i̸s̸t̵a̷n̶c̵e̷ ̴i̵s̴ ̶f̸u̷t̷i̶l̸e̵,̶ ̴y̷o̵u̶ ̴w̸i̶l̷l̷ ̵f̴a̷l̶l̵ ̸e̶v̷e̴n̶t̸u̵a̷l̷l̶y̸.̵ ̸S̵u̷r̷r̸e̷n̸d̵e̸r̴ ̸a̵n̷d̶ ̸b̵o̸w̷ ̴t̸o̷ ̸y̷o̸u̴r̴ ̷k̷i̵n̵g̴.̷"̸

"I would rather die!" Chef Flygon's defiant cry sounded within the storm as he bravely faced Orzo.

Orzo spoke once more, voice low and menacing.

T̵̜͛h̸̳͝e̷̤͌n̸̪͠ ̴͕̀b̸̧̉ẹ̶̃h̶̯͗ō̶͓ĺ̴̖d̷̢͆,̵͇̾ ̸̡̓I̵̟̽ ̴̹̚g̴̠̑i̸̙̅v̵̛̤e̵̩̓ ̴͍̅y̸̧̓o̶̥̕u̴̟̽ ̵̛̟d̵̠̎ë̵̘́a̷̩̅t̷͈̉h̴̼͗.̶͜͝

And with that command, Yveltal spread wide its wings, letting loose a horrible call. The sound carved through the storm, tearing into body, mind and spirit alike, filling all who heard it immense dread. Dark aura surged from its body, pouring into the earth. The sound sunk deeper, seeming to permeate the air itself. Dark tendrils sapped the strength of the pokemon.

One by one, all who heard it would find their strength draining, their bodies weakening, their will fading. Stone creeping along their bodies. The call of Death itself.

Darkrai sank to the ground, half his body consumed in stone. Clink collapsed, now more stone than metal, and Hoopa clung to the sole ring, both the ring and his hands now stone, and his eyes filled with panic. Chef Flygon landed, wings half iced and shivering. "I will never stop resisting you!" he roared, even as frost made his voice tremble. His voice wavered... "...Never."

Turn 6: In Light of Time and Space!
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    Nine's Supercharged Megavolt devastated Yveltal, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres!

Celebi used all her strength to rewind the hands of time itself and save Team Resolution!

With renewed fury, the Team formed a devastating Apocolyptic Tornado that finished off Yveltal and the Three Birds of the Storm!

Orzo takes serious damage from the combined force of the attacks!

Orzo draws upon all his strength to summon four legendary pokemon! Dialga, Palkia, Solgaleo and Necrozma have entered the battle!

Palkia distorts gravity, drastically decreasing movement speed! Flying type pokemon are grounded!

Solgaleo and Necrozma appear to prearping attacks! Dialga appears... inactive?

Just before Nine's feathered body turned completely to stone, a surge of electricity from Hazel charged him, and Merian used the last of his strength to lend his own energy to the electric type.

CRACK!

The thunderclap was deafening, consuming the birds in white hot electricity. The scent of burnt feathers was nearly overpowering, the scent of victory, even if brief, as stone consumed the team...

A soft, melodic tune pierced the fading storm. And the sound began to crescendo, rolling back the deathly hands of time, stone receeding from panicked bodies and desperate pokemon and humans, further and further, until all stood whole once more, weakened, perhaps, but alive. With a triumphant, defiant glare, Celebi allowed herself to sink into her friend's arms.

"Thank you, Kimiko," she said. "Olivia was right to trust you. It was an honor to assist you in battle."

And then she vanished, teleporting away. The storm began to fade, no longer overbearing and consuming, but malleable. Usuable.

In a blink, winds kicked up, circling and coming together, the team pouring all their strength into it, even as others brought their powers together.

The birds struggled overhead, barely airborne after Nine's strength.

"Oh ho!" Chef Flygon called, from high above the battlefield. "You have only doomed yourself, Orzo! Sent yourself out of the frying pan, and into our fire!" he roared, then summoned indigo flames of dragonfire, pouring them into the storm. A wave of molten stone followed by a sweeping tornado of scalding water crashed across Orzo and the birds, nearly swallowing the battlefield. Raging cries and pained shrieks filled the air as one by one, all fell - first the Kantonian birds, then Yveltal, encased in a prison of stone.

The storm abated entirely, leaving the team standing triumphant. And Orzo gazing upon them with rage and disdain.

"I̷̳͕̣̖̍͌ ̴̢̕ͅw̷̉̇͜i̶̪͂̃̾̋ḽ̵͔̠͍͌͌̕̕ḻ̶͚̥̽̎ ̵͉̖̝̥͆͠͝ŝ̷̤h̴͈̤͍͔̐o̸͚͐̌̅w̸̝̮͈͗͘ ̸̧̢̛̮̘̈͒͘y̸̤̫͉͍͋͑̚͝o̶͚̻̭̾̿͌ư̶̢̒̾͜ ̴̫͙͐̽͛͠f̶̼̻̲̏̊̆̅ĭ̴̢͔̙͋̌ͅr̴̥̪̒͂̾è̴̥͛ͅ.̵͕̉̂͋"

He spread wide his terrible arms, and all four rings answered his call. They came before him and expanded, even larger than before... The air began to hum, unnaturally. A trembled rippled through the broken earth. From within the ring, two shimmering reddish lights glowed. And then from within, stepped the draconic god of space, Palkia.

From within another ring, a burning, horrible light blazed, searing pulsing like the sun itself. A massive feline bounded out and roared, a sounded that seemed to pierce straight to the bone. Solgaleo, Emissary of the Sun.

No sooner had the roar begun to die out than two terrible clawed hands grip the sides of the other ring, and a twisted, broken looking being crawled from within, jagged and spiked, a body of darkness so deep it almost appeared to absorb light itself.

And finally, from the last ring, a towering blue dragon stepped forth. The air around it seemed to distort unnaturally and as it cast its vacant ed-eyed gaze across the battlefield.

Then Palkia roared. The gems on its shoulders glowed. Reality bent. A horrible pressure formed around the team, a crushing sensation on all sides, dragging even the flying types down to the ground.

"Palkia... its distorting space!" Hoopa called. "We'll barely be able to act like this!" Hoopa dragged itself halfway upright, holding the ring tight. "And we have to be careful... Dialga can bend time. If we don't take down the others quickly, he might try and use the same power we did and reverse their injuries..." a tremble crept into their voice.

"Darkrai-" Clink called, struggling against the weight.

Darkrai's blue eyes blazed. "I know. Orzo has used all his strength to do this. Our foes are even stronger than before." He continued, voice louder now, carrying to the team. "We must not falter now. Victory is closer now than ever before."

And it was then a surge of energy flared around Hoopa's single ring. They shot a greatful look at the Umbreon. A flicker of their old smile began to form, both happy and almost mischievous, even in the shadow of Orzo and the other legendaries. "Victory will be ours," they said, voice nearly giddy with delight.

Helping Hand gave Hoopa the strength they needed! Next turn they can use the ring!

"Gather yourselves!" Darkrai cried. A dark shield flickered to light in front of the team.

Turn 8: The Light at the End of the Tunnel is an Angry Sun Lion
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    Team Resolution came together and launched a devastating string of attacks!

Palkia took massive damage! It's barely standing!

Dialga was hit hard, but is standing strong.

Necrozma and Solgaleo managed to survive, but are heavily damaged!

Orzo attempted to retaliate... Orzo is debilitated by status conditions and can't move!

Solgaleo was paralyzed and couldn't move! Dialga was paralyzed and couldn't move!

Necrozma used Prismatic Lazer and Palkia used Spacial Rend on Team Resolution! Aggron's Max Guard blocked the worst of it! The team received minor damage and Aggron took a little extra.

Necrozma and Solgaleo fused into Dusk Mane Necrozma! Their strength is combined! They are preapring to attack...

Palkia and Dialga took on new forms! They're still weakened, but Palkia has summoned the Waters of the earth! The battlefield terrain is Flooded! Electric Type attacks will hit standing teammates and fire, ground and rock types are weakened and will start taking damage next turn. Water type attacks will be stronger!

Chaos consumed the battlefield as pokemon turned massive and changed forms, rising against the strain of gravity and distorted space to fight back. Portals opened, mercilessly dropping the legendary pokemon, and fire and electricity and ice rained upon the legends as they were assaulted by a flurry of strikes.

Orzo gave a low roar, that was abruptly cut off by crippling effects of poison and electricity staggering him before he could summon the strength to fight back. Dialga and Solgaleo ground to a halt, falling motionless for a moment, unable to attack or move. Palkia surged forward, claws glowing, ready to strike the team, only for Aggron's hulking shape to surge forward, forming a mighty shield in front of the team. The blow slammed the barrier with bone shattering force, staggering Aggron - yet the barrier held. Before the great steel type could gather himself, another blow followed, a sweeping, searing laser that cut across the battlefield. It shattered the shield upon impact. The remnants of the laser cut through the team, but which much less force, leaving the team still standing.

Necrozma howled and lunged abruptly, latching onto Solgaleo. Unnatural light began to pour off the steel type, almost blinding as the two were consumed. The blazing sun-like glow finally faded, revealing a terrifying sight - Solgaleo and Necrozma, their bodies fused together into one being. They gave great roar, their body glowing so bright it was hard too look at.

Palkia roared in rage. The air around it began to bend, and its visage seemed to distort and twist, like looking through a warped lens... it twisted further and further, shifting, growing... Until Palkia stood before them again, except in a new form. Four legs, arms melted into its body and looking almost like a grotesque representation of Arceus himself... At nearly the same moment, Dialga gave a matching cry. For a moment, time seemed to slow, or perhaps almost move backwards...? Everything seemed to jerk and suddenly Dialga's body shifted rapidly, its forelegs growing until they appeared almost misshapen.

With a cry that tore through the air, Palkia reared up, then slammed its hooves down on the earth. The ground began to rumble and shake, then it cracked, water surging from the earth, washing across the battlefield, lapping at everyone's knees... The gems on its shoulders began to glow with an eerie light...

"We gotta take Palkia down now!" Hoopa shouted frantically. They held up their ring, glaring defiantly. "Just let me know how I can help."

Last edited:
    Through the ring...
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    "Use the ring to rescue the trainers!" Darkrai called. "Those who might have spoken to or knew some of the kidnapped trainers should try and go. The rest of us will stay behind to fight."

Hoopa nodded, fear in their eyes, mixed with determination. Brandishing the ring, they flicked it outward. It grew to a sizeable portal nearby, a dull, starry void visible beyond. "I've got it! But we have to be quick," they said as they started toward the portal.

"Be safe," Darkrai said softly.

>>>

Turn 9: Time's Up
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    Team Resolution's combined attacks hit Palkia and Necrozma hard! Palkia fainted!

Necrozma was struck down!

An array of attacks landed on Orzo and Dialga! Orzo's finally beginning to look weak... Dialga is still standing, barely!

Dialga's gem begins to glow, and a mysterious aura surrounds Necrozma... Necrozma's wounds fade abruptly, and it rises again! It regains the charge from its attack and fires!

Dodged! The attack passes through the team harmlessly! Marshadow begins targeting the injured Necrozma...

Orzo draws upon his remaining strength to summon Regirock, Registeel and Regice!

Moments before Necrozma finished charging, ghostly shadows surrounded it, dark energy burying it in spectral energy. It howled, then the nosie was abruptly cut short as a surge of dark energy from a giant Weavile erupted under it, finishing it off.

Another furious cry from Orzo, even as the team battered him, the curse eating away at his strength, poison consuming his form and the dreadful force of Manaphy's waters constantly eating at him. "Fools..." he snarled. "Time is not on your side."

Dialga roared. Yet the cry was weak, exhausted from being tossed mercilessly through portals, energy stripped. The gem in its throat began to pulse.

Eerie light bathed the field as Necrozma begin to rise, moving in unnatural jerky motions as if in reverse. Wounds melted from its form as if they'd never been inflicted. In moments it stood, upright again, seemingly just as strong as before. Light bent and refracted around their form, gathering quickly, too quickly -

Darkrai's eyes widened. He desperately began to form a shield, even with his ebbing strength -

A shadow melted out from the gem around Spirit's neck. Marshadow's glowing ember eyes could just barely be seen. He spoke, voice soft and strangely calm. "Be strong, do not fear."

Light burst from Necrozma's jaws, a massive beam burning across the entire field. At nearly the same moment, a strange sensation would wash over Team Resolution. A cool, not unpleasant sort of breeze, and a slight sensation of weightlessness. And if they peered at their bodies, they seemed to become see through. The searing light swept over everyone, briefly blinding them but leaving unharmed with only the faintest of tingling sensations.

When the light faded however, three new threats were revealed - Hoenn's legendary titans, Regirock, Regice, and Registeel.

"I know this trick," Klink called shrilly. "The titans' energies are all linked together. If we don't take them down all at once, they can reassemble themselves!"

Darkrai nodded. "It won't take much to bring down Dialga, we'll have to focus on those three!" His gaze shifted to Necrozma and he almost seemed to be smirking. "Marshadow can handle Necrozma."

Final Turn: End of the Line
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    Eerie magenta light from Olivia’s Dazzling Gleam seared Dialga’s scales, staggering the great dragon. It fell to one knee, roaring in blind rage. Before it could gather its footing, Jack surged forward. The piercing light of his Leer cut through to the weakened dragon of time, giving Jack the split second he needed to strike with a powerful aerial ace. Dialga never had a chance to retaliate as a portal swallowed him, tossing him across the field before being struck ruthlessly by Evie.

The time dragon collapsed, swallowed by Orzo’s portal. Hardly had he fallen before the others launched their attack on the golems. The battle had forged them into a powerful unit, and it showed. Merian and Nico worked as one to lull the trio into a drowsy state, giving a certain Weavile the chance to strike.

She pounced, snatching up Regirock and Registeel in her claws, smashing the titans together before dropping them-

Straight into a searing inferno of lightning and fire and lava. Heatran's empowering cry and wave of lava swallowd their enemies. The storm engulfed the three titans. And when the fires finally faded, they were gone.

Heavy silence blanketed the battlefield. Orzo’s body almost seemed to be crumbling, the toll of the fight truly showing, despite the rage in his eyes and his attempt to disguise the damage. The field, before so crowded with a constant stream of legendary pokemon, lay barren and razed.

And for a single, strange moment, there was silence, as if the great and terrible being before them was actually... hesitating? Confused? Orzo’s face was impossible to read. The paltry light of the realm flickered abruptly, as if someone flipped a switch for the whole world, plunging it into a dark void. And for a moment, in the darkness, something else was visible.

Orzo, connected to a mass of golden chains, all tied to a shadowy haze in Orzo’s chest. The murky darkness parted for an instant, and it looked almost... almost like a face? The golden chains abruptly cracked, shattering and the world flipped back to the desolate landscape, the shadowy figure in Orzo’s chest disappearing.

Suffocating silence fell. Orzo made no threats, it almost looked as if he wasn’t going to attack, which somehow felt even scarier. Darkrai, snarling with anger, tried to lunge at Orzo. A beam lanced through the air, smashing Darkrai to the ground and stunning him. Clink yelped in horror and raced to Darkrai’s side.

And then a golden portal formed behind Team Resolution. And another, and another, until a ring of portals surrounded them on all sides, ringing the edge of the battlefield. Ominous light glowed from inside the portals, while Orzo watched, looming overhead, eyes simmering with icy hate.

Clink froze beside Darkrai, almost seeming to shrink. “T-that's Hyperspace Fury. His strongest attack. We can’t dodge it...”

Darkrai half rose from the ground, glaring up at Orzo. “So you intend to try and make us give into fear before you destroy us?”

For once, Orzo made no reply. Instead, a malicious grin split his face and the portals grew brighter with sinister energy.

Orzo is preparing a final strike using Hyperspace Fury! It can't be dodged, and he looks strong still... It doesn't look like he can be defeated in time...!

Final Stand: Victory
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    Cries of triumph, determination, hope and love filled the air. And as the disparate group made their last stand against the face of evil, a light began to grow from them. Silver threads, between trainer and pokemon, pokemon and pokemon, and from human to human. From friend to friend, old and new. Threads that became cords, then thick, shimmering bands of light, connecting the fighters. They thrummed with energy, resonating between the fighters.

And with each attack and affirmation the links grew brighter, energy surging through them, empowering them, their moves strong, stronger than any of the pokemon would remember them being. Even the trainers would be able to feel it. Connection, a bond that ran deeper than any force, linking them to their friends.

For one brief moment, the rings crackled with energy, as if about to unleash a final deadly blow when Orzo suddenly seemed to freeze - the writhing mass of shadows in Orzo’s chest shimmered for a moment and parted, revealing Xavian, determination winning over agony, straining as if... as if holding Orzo back-

The moment was all that was needed. Blinding light exploded as the final wave of attacks from the trainers struck true.

An agonized howl came from Orzo, and his massive legs buckled. The rings floating around Team Resolution shrank as the titan swayed, eyes growing dull. His visage suddenly flickered, like an illusion, before abruptly crumbling away, revealing Orzo’s true state.

His massive frame, still unbound, was completely consumed by toxic poison, a mess of purple tendrils covering him. Burns scarred his flesh, and the curse crippled his body, leaving its dark and gray, half crumbling to dust. His body spasmed and twitched from paralysis and his form was battered from all the attacks. Then he crumpled to the ground.

Top Bottom