• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Woodland Outskirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Tch. It's not him." Karat shook his head. "...But it's probably someone a lot like the one who saved me. I'll concede that much. I'm not interested in seeing someone who is only like the person who saved me. That 'Red' is long dead, by age if anything. Still... If you want a chance at freeing this Mewtwo, maybe you have to do the same thing."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Ooooooooooooh, right," Puddle chuckled. Why was... Rocky laughing? Did it say something funny? Did Rocky think of something really funny and just not share it? Jerk... "Red, yeah, I thought his name somethin' real short an' sweet! Didn't think it was all that basic, but like, I don't think he needs somethin' fancy, ya know? But it could be cooler... like Ash. Because, like, that's all he'll leave behind after a fight... or something."

With Karat's comment in to change the attention off of Puddle, the Scraggy familiar cleared its throat. "We'll see what we can do, but I feel like that could work, actually. Red's strange, but so is that other Mewtwo guy. Neither of 'em really speak, and they're both
annoyingly extremely powerful."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"No, it's not the same person," Rocky said. "I mean, we know the mewtwo from this Red's world is still--well." He brightened. "We'll free him. For sure."

Given Rocky's track record, Nate doubted Karat would find that reassuring. "Thanks," he said. "That helps a lot. And I'm glad you two are doing well." By their standards, apparently. "Like Rocky said, I think we could get some fights set up for you on the down low if you wanted. But no pressure. You don't want company, I ain't about to argue with that."

What on earth was that other familiar going on about? Something about names? Nate guessed "Ash" was a good enough one, but what the fuck did that have to do with anything?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Things went a whole lot better than Puddle thought they would, and with everything mostly over and done with, it could actually fucking relax... Unless someone else had a problem or two to fix. It'd have to see who else Vix muddied things with some time.

"Alright then, you guys take care. I'll be lookin' forward to seein' y'all fight, if you ever want to, I mean." With that, Puddle fell onto its back, melting into a puddle, and oozed off. Then came right back. Its head emerged, chuckling at Nate and Rocky. "I feel like I keep forgettin' I go places with people, sorry. Y'all ready to go?"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yeah. I think we're done here," Nate said with a lackadaisical wave at Karat. All things considered, that had gone better than it could have. Karat didn't seem like he was dying or going batshit or nothing, and what he'd said about the other mewtwo, well. Nate was going to have to think about that.

"Bye," Rocky started, only to realize he didn't know what Karat wanted to be called now. And he looked like he didn't want to talk to them anymore, not that he ever seemed to want to. Maybe Rocky could ask later. "Bye," he finished lamely.

The familiar's mood improved as they left "Karat's" hideout behind. Before long he was chatting with Puddle. "Do you seriously not know who Red is? You've never talked to him? He's so cool!"

Nate straggled along behind as usual, thinking again of the mission ahead. Diyem had already said bringing people from Cibus to the Voidlands was a no-go, so it wasn't like he could just ask Red to do him a favor. Someone strong, though. Someone the mewtwo would listen to. With the legendary pokémon whisperer out of the picture, who else could get his attention?

There had to be some way to get through to him. The only question was if the team could manage it, while he was trying to kill them and while Diyem's evil nightmarescape also tried to kill them. It did that, right? He'd somehow managed to avoid going to hell so far, he didn't know how it was supposed to work.

Just another day on fucking Cibus. Just another fucking day...

<><><>​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom