• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Spinda Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Why're you talkin' like that? Did something hit you on the head?" She stopped herself before she put her foot even further into her mouth. "Sorry, sorry. We all come from different backgrounds, don't we? Where'd you come from?"

Icetales had to suppress a shiver as she targeted his flowery language. Last time he countered back he ended up tasting the dust of a dirty floor with a ruffian pinning him.

So, he took a deep breath and steadied himself. At least she seemed somewhat reasonable.

“I can assure thee that my noggin is intact. I appreciate the concern, however,” he said stoically, before shaking off his seriousness and taking a more friendly attitude. “Anyway! I come from aristocracy, if thee are so interested. Tenth son of Ninetales the Magnificent, and member of the Kyukon Dynasty, one of the most influential families in my country.”

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“It would be wasted on me, Miss Astrid.” A long pause, then: “That pun wasn’t intentional.”

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Curio held the glass of Zap Cannon up to her chin. It looked pretty fancy, and strong, something she needed right now. Well, she didn't know jack about alcohol, since she wasn't exactly the type to pursue a fine vintage with some cheese and grapes. But she took one sip and knew she needed to take her time with it. It tasted hoppy, and it tingled on her tongue. She took another sip.

“I can assure thee that my noggin is intact. I appreciate the concern, however,” he said stoically, before shaking off his seriousness and taking a more friendly attitude. “Anyway! I come from aristocracy, if thee are so interested. Tenth son of Ninetales the Magnificent, and member of the Kyukon Dynasty, one of the most influential families in my country.”

"Huh, so you're royalty, eh? Nice. I didn't know other Pokemon could come from such a place. So I bet you're used to fancier places than this one. What's the swankiest party you've ever been to in your world?"

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Curio held the glass of Zap Cannon up to her chin. It looked pretty fancy, and strong, something she needed right now. Well, she didn't know jack about alcohol, since she wasn't exactly the type to pursue a fine vintage with some cheese and grapes. But she took one sip and knew she needed to take her time with it. It tasted hoppy, and it tingled on her tongue. She took another sip.

Astrid took a sip of her own, smacking her lips quietly. It danced on her mouth, not unlike how the Honeymoon Era of Spice had—a rich flavor briefly turning her tongue into a groovy disco party.

“Mmm. This is… good,” she said, shuddering slightly. “I would only ever drink with friends back home, so I never got to try stuff out.” Her gaze lingered on the bottle further, and she nodded her head in approval. “…Interdimensional wine. Nice.”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Eheh, do you two want some?”

Icetales blinked. “Erm… It would depend, Miss Astrid. Is that fermented drink? I… don’t deal well with strong liquids, thou see. I’m content with my tea, but I appreciate thy offer.”

"Huh, so you're royalty, eh? Nice. I didn't know other Pokemon could come from such a place. So I bet you're used to fancier places than this one. What's the swankiest party you've ever been to in your world?"

“Yes. Blue blood flows through my veins. Not literal blue blood, though.” He chuckled, starting to feel more at ease. “And swankiest party? Well… Huh, all parties are swanky, we could say. However…” He narrowed his eyes. “There was… one party in particular that stood out: The Jirachi Festival, in honor of… Well, Sir Jirachi. My family… organized one of the most expensive shows, with Dazzling Gleams tinging the skies and ice sculptures. It was… something to behold, all things considered.”

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“Mmm. This is… good,” she said, shuddering slightly. “I would only ever drink with friends back home, so I never got to try stuff out.” Her gaze lingered on the bottle further, and she nodded her head in approval. “…Interdimensional wine. Nice.”

"You know what, interdimensional wine sounds normal to me. There's so much weird shit going on here that I've just accepted it all at this point. But yeah, I rarely get the chance to drink." Another sip. "Well, my kind isn't supposed to drink it back home anyway since humans could get into trouble if they ever served us anything. It's mostly to protect us. But I can handle it just fine. If I can stomach chocolate, then I can stomach a bit of that forbidden juice."

“Yes. Blue blood flows through my veins. Not literal blue blood, though.” He chuckled, starting to feel more at ease. “And swankiest party? Well… Huh, all parties are swanky, we could say. However…” He narrowed his eyes. “There was… one party in particular that stood out: The Jirachi Festival, in honor of… Well, Sir Jirachi. My family… organized one of the most expensive shows, with Dazzling Gleams tinging the skies and ice sculptures. It was… a delight, all things considered.”

"Sounds really boujee. Y'know, if there's ever a party like that here, get me an invite. Nah, I'm just kiddin'." Or was she? She took another sip, and another one, until she emptied the glass. She was feeling better, at least. Even if nothing was resolved yet, she could at least forget about her worries here for now.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Humans, hmm?” Bahamut coiled himself so his head rested on the table. “Fascinating. What are the humans of your world like?”

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“Humans, hmm?” Bahamut coiled himself so his head rested on the table. “Fascinating. What are the humans of your world like?”

Curio briefly remembered that spat she had about not wanting to be a Pokemon and frowned. "Like us, except they can do more shit with their lives. It's complicated."

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
"You know what, interdimensional wine sounds normal to me. There's so much weird shit going on here that I've just accepted it all at this point. But yeah, I rarely get the chance to drink." Another sip. "Well, my kind isn't supposed to drink it back home anyway since humans could get into trouble if they ever served us anything. It's mostly to protect us. But I can handle it just fine. If I can stomach chocolate, then I can stomach a bit of that forbidden juice."

“Chocolate?” A giggle, originating from deep in her gut, racked Astrid’s body. Oh good grief, why was she such a cheap date? She’d barely taken four sips and she was already feeling lighter than even the radiance had made her feel. But that… was little more than an afterthought right now. “Wuh—mm, what’s so dangerous about chocolate in your world?”

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“Chocolate?” A giggle, originating from deep in her gut, racked Astrid’s body. Oh good grief, why was she such a cheap date? She’d barely taken four sips and she was already feeling lighter than even the radiance had made her feel. But that… was little more than an afterthought right now. “Wuh—mm, what’s so dangerous about chocolate in your world?”

"It's toxic to-- URP!" Curio burped. Damn, the zappy juice starting to get to her head too. "It's toxic to some Pokemon, but not to Lucario for some reason. They wouldn't have shown them eating chocolate in one movie if it wasn't alright for them. Then again, they only did that because they wanted all the trainers to buy their brand of chocolate. Corporate bastards."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Sounds really boujee. Y'know, if there's ever a party like that here, get me an invite. Nah, I'm just kiddin'."

“Ooh! I have some experience organizing parties! Her Ladyship has her regular Weekend Feasts, so it wouldn’t be something outlandish for my persona!” His eyes started gleaming like sapphires, his mind considering the countless possibilities. But his enthusiasm evaporated as he remember why he was summoned to the new world. “But I… suppose we won’t have time for parties, will we? What with this… threat, hero business and everything…”

“Wuh—mm, what’s so dangerous about chocolate in your world?”

“I do not know about her world, but chocolate is the word of a lethal venom in my world.” He blinked. “Wait… So thou can actually eat chocolate? And be totally fine?”

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“I do not know about her world, but chocolate is the word of a lethal venom in my world.” He blinked. “Wait… So thou can actually eat chocolate? And be totally fine?”

"Yeah, it's freakin' delish." Curio swirled her empty glass. "Then again, this is poisonous to even more Pokemon, so I shouldn't even be drinking this. But I can handle it just fine." She snapped her paw. "Another round of interdimensional wine?"

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
"It's toxic to-- URP!" Curio burped.

Her giggles only intensified. It was like every sound this Riolu made was enough to drive Cabot’s domed head straight into her funny bone.

“Yeah! No problemo!” Astrid raised her drink in the air, though she wasn’t entirely sure why. But she kept it there anyway. “It’s synthesized stuff, so I dunno what goes into making it edible. But the chief of the organization I work for sometimes leaves a bowl of chocolates on his desk, and he lets us help ourselves whenever we drop by.” She smacked her lips, deep in thought.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Humans could do more? “Oh? Can humans spit fire and ice in your world, then? But that would make them no different from Pokémon.” A wry grin crept across his face.

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Humans could do more? “Oh? Can humans spit fire and ice in your world, then? But that would make them no different from Pokémon.” A wry grin crept across his face.

"Naw, naw, they're pretty much walkin' sacks of meat and skin. Pretty useless compared to Pokemon. But they can have proper jobs, they can pretty much do whatever we want, while us Pokemon..." Curio filled her glass and pretty much downed it instantly. She let out another series of burps. Dammit, she was making herself feel sad again. "But never mind. They're not here right now, sho... fuck 'em." The drink was starting to take effect on her.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Yeah, it's freakin' delish."
“Yeah! No problemo!” Astrid raised her drink in the air, though she wasn’t entirely sure why. But she kept it there anyway. “It’s synthesized stuff, so I dunno what goes into making it edible. But the chief of the organization I work for sometimes leaves a bowl of chocolates on his desk, and he lets us help ourselves whenever we drop by.” She smacked her lips, deep in thought.

Icetales stared at the two females in disbelief. By the way they said that, it seemed almost like chocolate was some kind of delicious treat! That was beyond inconceivable!

“I… cannot even fathom the idea of eating chocolate, I am afraid,” he muttered at last. How different were things between their worlds, indeed. “But I wonder if this new body can handle it…” He shook his head furiously. “Not that I want to try, of course! Just a random thought.”

He looked at the empty cup. “…I suppose I could have another tea, to keep thee company. And some sweet cookies, if possible. I’d love some Pecha cookies!”

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
"Naw, naw, they're pretty much walkin' sacks of meat and skin. Pretty useless compared to Pokemon. But they can have proper jobs, they can pretty much do whatever we want, while us Pokemon..." Curio filled her glass and pretty much downed it instantly. She let out another series of burps. Dammit, she was making herself feel sad again. "But never mind. They're not here right now, sho... fuck 'em." The drink was starting to take effect on her.

Astrid tried to follow in Curio’s footsteps, but eventually fell out of pace with her impressive streak of drinking. Still, this was all free—free!—and she was making sure to take advantage of the endless supply.

Her giggles were higher pitched now—more spread out but less predictable, even for her. “Mmm. On the bright side…” she managed, stopping for air. Unaware of herself, she leaned partway towards Curio when she reached over to touch her shoulder, almost losing her balance. “…on th—the bright side, all the humans who came here are now Pokémon.” Another giggle-burp-giggle combo was capped off with a victorious grin. “Playing field’s been leveled.”

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Her giggles were higher pitched now—more spread out but less predictable, even for her. “Mmm. On the bright side…” she managed, stopping for air. Unaware of herself, she leaned partway towards Curio when she reached over to touch her shoulder, almost losing her balance. “…on th—the bright side, all the humans who came here are now Pokémon.” Another giggle-burp-giggle combo was capped off with a victorious grin. “Playing field’s been leveled.”

"Yeah, so now they'll know what it's like to feel trapped inside their own body." Wow, Curio was being such a Debbie Downer at the moment. "But yeah, we're, er, we're both neck and neck now, hehe." She grinned. "Wanna go for one more?"

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
"Yeah, so now they'll know what it's like to feel trapped inside their own body." Wow, Curio was being such a Debbie Downer at the moment. "But yeah, we're, er, we're both neck and neck now, hehe." She grinned. "Wanna go for one more?"

“One more whaa…?” A moment passed. “––Oh! One more—yeah! I’m allll for pouring another.” And pour another she did.

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Just like the other one, Curio downed it one one gulp, and let out a shrill cackle. “Awright, your turn!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom