• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Sharpedo Bluff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I've mentioned Natus, the World Ender, many times since we've arrived here. I suspect that a variant of it might be lurking in this world, remember?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Mortals that have come into contact with the corrosive energy Natus exudes suffer a range of different syndromes." Bahamut pointed a lower wing at Celeste. "For example... ballooning up to gigantic sizes or losing all semblance of self and lashing out at anything that moves."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
He was still lying on his side. "Well, this a matter of utmost importance to the people of this world. But for me, it is utterly inconsequential. After all, I'll lose all memories of what happens here when I return home." Bahamut tapped his beak. "For some, the prospect would encourage them to do whatever it is they feel like. Display reckless abandon. Fight with whoever. Date whoever. Mate whoever." He shook his head. "But, really, I'm just biding my time until this is all over."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste hummed for a moment as he though. “Wether we’ll forget or not, we’re here now. No reason not to make what we can of this time. Surely you can at least appreciate being your new form, no? You seem to be feeling at least somewhat better now. If you’re going to have to go back to being the version of you who thinks he’s too worthless for even a name, that’s all the more reason to enjoy being Bahamut while it lasts...” He smirked. “Isn’t that right, Bahamut?”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"What has been given can just as easily be taken," Bahamut replied. "I will continue to do as the stars instruct me. Which may not be much, but I am fine with 'not much.' Things like food and shelter mean much more to you all than they do to me."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I'm not worried. Whatever happens happens. Such is the will of causality." Bahamut rolled onto his back and crossed one leg over the other. "I am not comfortable in a world where the whims of nature are beholden to individual people and not the cosmos. I will listen to the stars as best I can... and see how things play out. You don't need to be concerned on my behalf. That is putting unnecessary stress into your system."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Those last couple sentences reminded him of his sister. It had been the better part of a month since he’d seen Salac, but his usual response still came easily to him. “Sure, I won’t stress about you. I’m still allowed to want you to be comfortable... Even if I’m not entirely sure what it is about this world that makes you feel this way.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"As I said, I do not like the concept of physical gods. Tangible creatures that can shape reality to their whim." His head tendrils frazzled. Red and orange tinted Bahamut's normally-gold glow. "It's far too much power to place in the hands of individuals. They have minds. Thoughts. Beliefs. Thus, they can have prejudices. Weaknesses. As we all do." He huffed out a cloud of golden mist. "For it creates the possibility that any of them could choose to throw the planet into turmoil simply because they are not pleased.

"And that's not even touching upon the paradoxical quandary of why all-powerful gods would create living beings that would question them, doubt them, and, perhaps, rebel against their wishes," Bahamut continued. "If I may be so bold... I believe the very existence of Dark Matter is squarely these creators' faults. For they brought life into this world with such critical flaws that something as esoteric as 'negativity' could amalgamate into a daemon that rendered the gods powerless and nearly drove all they built to ruin."

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
“There are many of them, and their domains overlap. Even if one decided to defect, their counterparts could keep them in check. The fundamental ones should have wisdom and experience stretching back to the beginning of time, too... though... That seems not to be the case in this world. They’re weaker here, at least, than the ones I’m familiar with, which will be to our benefit if- or rather, when we have to stand against them again.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“I still do not like it. Nature should give way to intelligent life, not some creator.” Bahamut sighed. “But it’s ultimately useless drawing out this discussion. We will go our separate ways and forget all of it when things are said and done.

“I can only hope your world does not turn into one of those planets brought to ruin by the conflicts between gods and mortals.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut chuckled again. "And did you ever stop to think about why something like that happened?" Blue, purple, and green bubbled around his eyes. "Well, perhaps I'll give you the day to dwell on it. Have fun, little one."

Without sitting upright, Bahamut rose into the air and flew off.

Day 19, Morning ~ Cabot and the Protector

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
The morning after the team's latest run-in with Darkwhite, Cabot made his way over to the Sharpedo Bluff. He'd heard about how great the view on top of the bluff supposedly was during sunrise, and after a night of struggling to fall back asleep, today seemed as good as any to check it out. Once he arrived, he looked on in awe as he did not only have a clear view of the sea and the beach below him, but the sun washed everything in an orange light.

"Ah! It looks so pretty!"

He sat down at the edge of the cliff, gawking at the different sights before him.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
CRACK!

Suddenly, the sky ahead of Cabot turned dark and stormy, thunder and lightning and torrential rains nearly coating the ground--but it just barely missed the bluff proper. It seemed to be localized directly ahead of Cabot, blotting out the sun.

A blue sphere of water flew skyward and then exploded, bending the light with how concentrated the shockwave was from the attack. Lightning flashed and thunder boomed, and then a cutting gale pierced the clouds and twisted them into nothing, revealing the sun once more.

"Woohoo!" Surf called from down below.

"Do it again!" Turf called.

"C'mon, don't distract him," Thyme said, though his tone suggested he was smiling.

From below, Meringue flew upward and landed near Cabot, in the grass of the Bluff, with a sigh and a turn. He seemed disappointed, but then turned to spot the Cranidos nearby. "Oh, hey," he greeted.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"H-Hey."

Cabot looked at Meringue in surprise and tried to think of something to say. He certainly hadn't expected to just bump into the Lugia like this. The Cranidos briefly looked towards the sea, before turning back to Meringue and speaking up.

"That was pretty impressive."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom