• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Sand Continent ~ Sand Dune of Spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot turned around and looked at Bahamut incredulously. First he had refused to heal Sword when everyone was telling him to, and now this?! Cabot grit his teeth and thought back to that day on Treasure Town's beach two months ago, where Bahamut had treated him as a naïve child for saying they could save Darkwhite, something that they were now this close to doing.

"What is wrong with you?!" the Cranidos shouted, his voice reverberating from all the Radiance that flowed through his body. "Do you want Sword to die or something? We can easily save her right now!"

He glared at Bahamut, before letting out an angry scoff.

"Most of the team is heavily injured, so get back to healing already!" Cabot ordered. "Or are you gonna refuse to do that as well now?!"

He didn't wait for an answer and immediately focused again on the five headed monster before him, throwing several Stone Edges at it.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Every opponent they'd fought prior had corruptive energy, which dissipated when they fainted. This was different. Sword had a parasite sticking out of her. For all the attacking, there was still a lack of killer instinct. These people truly thought Sword would be okay with some sort of Eternatus larva leeching off her? What would happen if they could only make the larva faint... as had happened with every living opponent they faced thus far? If the larva wasn't detached and killed, Sword would just get corrupted again. She was suffering. She saw that. She wanted the suffering to end. That was what Bahamut saw. Some part of her realized the sacrifice it would require.

And yet, here Bahamut was, getting ordered around by who else but the self-proclaimed soldier. He vaguely recalled talking with the cranidos about the people on Etherium not listening to him. Ignoring him. Talking down to him.

History was repeating.

Of course, he had originally said he'd try to protect everyone so they could get home safely. That was what the healing was for. But it seemed less and less like that was needed. New allies could take on the role he played. So, why was he here? Everyone believed so strongly that, as long as they kept the faith, the best outcome would always happen.

Was Cibus another one of those worlds? Worlds where, even if things looked grim, happy endings were achieved? Why even stay, then? Why stick around knowing he'd forget everything about this place and return to a life of unending pain and misery? He'd taken plenty of verbal abuse. And he'd get more in the future. That wasn't the problem.

It must have been jealousy.

Bahamut's eyes and core dimmed. It seemed he was having trouble summoning the necessary light for Morning Sun.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv slowly got back up through the power of their Reviver Seed, almost falling back down as they did so. They felt so, so exhausted. So, so tired.

They looked over towards Darkwhite, eyes half-lidded. The heads coming out of Darkwhite had begun to form a shape that looked eerily familiar. A giant hand, pink and black...

Between Worlds said:
I couldn't move. I was frozen. My body wouldn't respond. I felt nothing but fear. I was so, so scared.

A giant hand, pink and black, coming from a spiral above, reaching down for me.

There was nothing else here but the human, and the platform we stood on. There was nothing I could do.

It was coming towards me. Out of the corner of my vision, I saw the human running towards me. I was being grabbed—

SMASH!

"Let her explode. I'll stay and make sure it happens."

Bahamut's words snapped Saltriv back to reality.

Sword was going to...explode?

No.

They wouldn't let that happen.

Sword had called out to Saltriv for help. They'd answer that call, and nothing would stop them.

They eyes fully opened, and they glared at Bahamut with all they could muster. They then briefly called out to Cabot, before firing two heal pulses at their Marshtomp friend.

Then they turned to Sword.

"SWORD!" they Called. "Don't give up! We'll find a way! You don't have to die! Just hang in there, and trust us!"

They took a deep breath, then shouted, "PLEASE!"

They began running towards Sword. Their breaths were laborious, and their steps heavy, but they were determined. They began preparing one last heal pulse, with all the energy they had left.

Sword's call would be answered.

No matter what it takes for them.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Bahamut," Owen said quickly, even as he conjured another Fire Pledge to set up their next combo, "if this goes wrong, we still need you and the other healers to back us up! I'm... nervous about this. I don't know what we can do. But the world you're from and the world we're in now, there's no telling if there are other ways to save people. We have gods on our side, Bahamut, and I used to not even think they were real!"

"Our enemy runs off of despair and panic," Cal said. "The best way to fight it is to keep those feelings suppressed while taking them down. If there's a way to save Darkwhite, we're gonna try it!"

"You don't have to believe us," Owen said, "but please! We need you to save us when we do something stupid that doesn't work! It helps us, I don't know... feel more secure! We can take risks if you're there to help! We need risks to save worlds, don't we? We can't go slowly when our foes are... THAT!" He pointed at Darkwhite. "We don't even know how big the explosion will be, or if Darkwhite might be needed later."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"That's why you should have run while you could," Bahamut said. His voice was... uneven. One could even say it sounded broken. "The energy behind that explosion... something's off about it."

Of course, in the back of his mind there was a thought. "If the eternatus larva faints... the neutralizing aura may wear off long enough for Maple to teleport you all to safety." He looked at Maple. "If you're not going to run, then at least have her warp you away.

"But please... just leave me here. I want to see my wife. I want to see my son."

There was no distortion in his voice or anything to suggest shadows had hold of him. Was he just naturally full of this much despair?

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
To say that the situation went downhill from there was putting it pretty fucking mildly. Darkwhite flailed and cried out in the midst of the snarling dragon-fingers, which tore back at her even as they continued to strike out at the weary members of Team Spectrum all around. Nate was going to have to file this one away and figure out whether it qualified as the most fucked-up shit he'd seen, or only way up there.

Later. For right now he had a job to do.

Nate used Shadow Isolate!

"What are you doing?" Rocky yelped. "It's not working! Help Darkwhite instead. She needs all of us!"

"No."

"But we can't just let her blow herself up! We have to do something!"

"So give her a fucking pep talk if you want to so fucking bad, Jesus Christ," Nate growled. The shadows surged around him again, "The team's got it. Leave it to the people who actually believe in all that positivity bullshit. I ain't any good at that, so I'm gonna do what I can, which is make it so that clone bastard can't get his hands on the fuckoff space dragon monster he wanted. Whether or not it comes with a mew attached."

"Stop!" Rocky said, ears standing straight up in alarm. "Stop, stop, you're gonna--you're gonna turn into--like her!"

Nate barely heard him. He was sinking into something heavier and more viscous than sand, vision eclipsed by dark and dancing spots. His heart pumped with sudden, directionless panic, and he cringed. What the fuck was he doing? What the fuck was he doing here, in the middle of all this insanity?

He raised a hand dripping with shadow and started to take a step back, tail low and eyes fixed on Darkwhite's seething form. The dark around him wavered and swam. He couldn't go back. Not safe there either. Couldn't go forward. Shaking, Nate stood where he was, tears starting to gather in the corners of his eyes. "S-stop--!"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Terror. Icetales felt nothing more than sheer terror. That tentacled entity looked eerily similar to the destroyer of legends, the same tyrant that invaded his world in ancient times.

But, even if he was terrified, he couldn’t afford to let the maws of dread control his body. No… he had to keep fighting.

He pulled off all the protective powers he could get: auroras, veils, anything to endure any incoming onslaught, and hoped that his companions could endure the incoming hits.

Wishing to help the Ninetales, Petram launched himself toward the tentacles while carrying a Vile Seed in his paws, ready to drop it on the strange mass of tentacles. But his charge was cut short, as a swift swipe struck him. With a whimpering wail, Petram receded into his Ultra Stone, and the seed ended up destroyed in the chaos.

Concern toward the fallen pup invaded his entire system, and Icetales rushed toward the Ultra Stone, cloaking his body with a misty veil.

…But that wasn’t enough. An attack of dubious nature struck him head on at full power, not acknowledging neither the shields nor the mist. The Ninetales cried out as the unknown energies assailed his body. Darkness, light, darkness, light, darkness, light. And then, there was only darkness.

———

“Mother, can thee tell me once more about the legend of the comets?”

“Oh, Keo’Keo X, dear. I have lost count of the times I have narrated that story…”

“I never grow bored of it. It is such an enjoyable legend.”

“Well, if thou truly want to hear that…”

Ninetales the Magnanimous and the young Keo’Keo X were looking at the starry sky by a lake, surrounded by nine sleeping Vulpix. Keo’Keo X snuggled into the fluffy tails of his mother, getting comfortable as he waited for her to narrate the story.

“So, as thou know, the Kyukon clan is one of the last descendants of the heroes who fought against the Destroyer. Masters and mistresses of frost magic, who sworn to protect the defenseless and be a guide in times of darkness.”

Keo’Keo X yapped in delight. That was such a good legend, and her mother’s voice made it all the more mystical.

“And the ones who have fulfilled their duties in life shall be rewarded by the deities to become eternal heralds of hope.”

“Which is why comets and auroras exist — to brighten the black sky and give reassurance to anyone going through a dark period,” completed Keo’Keo X, knowing the story by heart.

Magnanimous chuckled. “Oh, wasn’t I supposed to narrate?”

“A-apologies, Mother. I got too excited…” muttered the Vulpix, his ears flattened against his head. Though, his mother was more amused than anything, so he regained his composure. Then he stared at the sky. “Mother… dost thou believe I could become a herald of hope?”

Magnanimous smiled and craned her neck toward her son, before licking him on his cheek and earning a small happy yap. “I am sure of it, Keo’Keo X. Thou have a noble heart, as dazzling as a star. Never lose sight of that light.”

“…Then, I shall do it.” He beamed a grin. “I shall be the brightest comet ever!”

———

…Vertigo. This was all that Icetales felt as the golden light of the Reviver Seed restored some of his strength. He slowly stood back up, but ended up stumbling forward.

He took many deep breaths, then he glanced at Sword. That brilliant light, that hopelessness and fear in those eyes, her constant cries of not wanting to hurt her friends…

Friends… did she really consider all the cortège… friends?

…Then, it was time for him to show what a friend can do. With renewed resolve, Icetales stood back up once more, wobbling a bit on his spot.

Hope. What she needed was… hope. What she needed was… a herald.

“Mother… I promised I would be the brightest comet ever…” he muttered, claws digging into the dirt. “…Time to keep my promise.”

Then, he felt it. A powerful energy pulsating in his very core, and spreading throughout his entire body and tails. Icetales closed his eyes and focused only on that energy.

Comet… yes, he was a comet. Hope. Yes, he was going to give hope. He was going to be the brilliant star in the middle of a black sky.

He was going to do it… in memory of Mother.

“Sword! Hold onto thy hope and never let go!” yelled Icetales, his eyes glowing with a glorious golden light and the tips of his tails flickering with Radiance and frost magic. “Thy party… is far from over.”

Then, Icetales howled and began glowing in a powerful golden light, which converged into a mystical mist surrounding him. Driven by his instincts, he aimed his tails toward the sky, and the mist shot upwards, giving to the air around the Ninetales a golden hue.

Small stars began flickering in the Radiance-charged atmosphere, with most of them turning into a spectacle of shooting stars. Some of those stars struck a few comrades, but they didn’t hurt them. Rather, the comrades themselves were filled by a sudden wave of hope, which cheered them instantly and bathed them in a powerful energy.

Multiple heralds of hope… they all were a firmament of hope.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple looked to Bahamut, briefly fearful of what he was thinking, but then hardened her gaze. "If necessary, I will," she said, "but Bahamut--"

"Dying here won't let you see them any sooner," Owen said firmly. "With Diyem gone, we don't know what will happen. And--and I don't even know how your world works for that spirit world stuff, either, so..." He looked ahead, even as he heard mumblings from the team rapidly preparing for their final strike. Something odd was about to happen, wasn't it?

"I still want to meditate and stuff with you, Bahamut. And we still need you on the team. I'm sorry that everything is so exhausting... Living for a long time like this, when you should have died a long time ago--I don't have it to the same scope you do, but I get it. This... isn't the way."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"It is." Bahamut's core and eyes were still dim. They were going to stick around. What were they thinking? At this rate, they were going to be too exhausted for Maple to easily collect. He'd have to... channel more energy. Somehow. Maybe.

... but in the back of his head he was praying he'd get his wish.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"... fine."

It was not fine.

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
The one good thing about getting stuck in a shape that's better at being tripped over than at running around was that Skara was no longer expected to be in the thick of these mist-taken battles. She had always preferred offering support from the sidelines; wading into the fray was Araun and Chelou's job. Here, where once a fight started everything was on fire all the time forever, she hadn't always had that luxury. Now it was just good sense to let her sit by the God Squad, ready with covering string shot fire or a substitute that someone could just grab and go. Not having impossibly powerful attacks pouring down directly onto her was nice, and it gave her time to think, to observe, to call out advice. There'd be time enough for offense after she evolved. (Fully.)

Boxes are also better at just sitting there and getting blown up then at escaping from things that might blow them up, so swings and roundabouts. Judging by the intensity of the red light emanating from Darkwhite's core, that was about to become a problem.

(Fuck.)

Skara's satchel thump-thump-thumped against her side as she inched backward. I know, I know, I'm trying, she thought, hoping that Soda or someone would remember to pick her up. I want to get out of here, too. The wobbling continued unabated.

Skara looked back at the battlefield. Not nearly as many teammates were retreating as was probably wise. Part of her almost admired that, honestly, that ability to stand strong and do the right thing by someone else even if it meant staring probable death right in the face. She could be like that, if she could do her job properly. Like Brisa or Saltriv, still shouting encouragement to Darkwhite as they fought off the monster's snapping, spitting heads, or even like the loner mudkip, still trying to channel some sort of energy.

The part of her that didn't want to get blown up was the one in control, though. "Please, guys, we have to keep ourselves safe, too! There's got to be something else—"

(Fuck!)

Whatever emotion Limax was trying to express, it wasn't concern. Not concern for itself, at least. For her? That didn't seem quite right, either... Her satchel was swinging wildly now, threatening to scoot itself clean off her back. Limax, now's not the time! But the stone kept right on rocking, and as Skara scooted a few paces further back she saw the stone squirt out from under the flap and onto the ground, doodling a ridiculous little trail in the sand.

"Fuck!"

That one wasn't in her head.

Shadow pooled out of the stone, dripped into the dirt, stretched and ballooned up and out and around the core. She only just had time to take in the solidifying shapes of legs, a tail, a head before the legs whirled the mass around and the head nosed underneath her. She yelped and clonked awkwardly onto its back, only her flat shell stopping her from rolling right back off. It spun around again and bounded back toward the melee on its half-formed paws. Toward the... the mudkip?

"Stop! Cut it out! I thought I told you before!"

What the— why now— was that voice— what was this supposed to— why are we moving closer to— It would have been nice if at least one of those thoughts could've resolved properly before the Limax-thing skidded to a halt next to a distraught infernape familiar, but nothing doing.

"Fuck! Stop! Please stop! Please don't!" Skara slid forward slightly on the Limax-thing's not-quite-solid back as it bit down and tried to drag the mudkip back by his headfin. "Grrr... c'mon! You keep this up and you're gonna fall apart! Please stop!"

Skara shook her head as vigorously as the cramped shell would allow. They were much too close to whatever was wrong with Darkwhite for her to lose focus. It definitely wasn't doing the mudkip any good; "falling apart" was unsettlingly apt. Just like at Shaymin Village...

"C'mon!" barked Limax-thing. ("Barked"...?) "What the fuck's a big sad puddle gonna do to help Sword? Or your familiar? Or yourself? Puddles can't be heroes! They're only good for making things wet, and I don't like 'em, and I bet he doesn't like 'em—" Limax-thing hopped briefly onto its back legs and gestured at the infernape with its striped paw "—and so you should be better than a puddle and fucking stop!"

Why was that voice so familiar? Brimming with enthusiasm entirely inappropriate to the situation, even as it snapped and swore? (The swearing certainly wasn't familiar.) She didn't know any smallish stripy barky things with paws.

"You don't need to do this! You can do better without this!"

She sighed. It didn't matter now. They needed everybody in one piece if they were going to get out of here—or keep fighting. "We've got more work to do," she tried, looking past the Limax-thing's still-coalescing mane and down at the mudkip. "All of us. There's got to be a better way to finish this than just drowning in shadow yourself..."

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate yelled when something grabbed him and hauled him into the air, leaving a black slick of shadow behind. He pawed at the air, the black receding from his vision just enough for him to see... more shadow. Nate stared at the still-solidifying form of the familiar, at a loss. "Who the fuck are you?"

"Th-thank you!" Rocky said. "I should have just... I didn't really want to touch him, you know, with the link and everything..." A particularly loud screech from one of Darkwhite's dragon-heads made the familiar wince. "Well, I guess this isn't really the best time for introductions..."

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
"Name's Araun! Or Limax, maybe. Not really sure! Doesn't matter; Skara will figure it out later. Not the fucking time, like you said!" Limax-thing said cheerfully around its mouth full of mudkip. "And you, pal," it added, giving the mudkip the gentlest of admonishing shakes, "you're gonna take a step back and pull yourself together! I tried to tell you before, buddy, you can't just flop around everywhere with all this anger and stuff! What d'you think that's doing to everybody else? We need you at your best right now!"

Skara barely registered the tail thwacking against her back; her mandibles would've gone slack, if they'd been able. Araun? Limax was supposed to be... but that didn't make sense. Araun was an arcanine, a great lolloping mound of orange hair who still hadn't quite grown into his paws. This familiar was only a little larger than she was.

"I'm a growlithe, I guess!" said Limax-Araun-thing. "Can't say I can account for what was goin' on in your head right when I busted out, but I'm sure we can figure out whatever the fuck it was after we've gotten Sword outta here!"

Also, she'd never heard Araun say "fuck" in his life.

"Weird, isn't it?" The familiar jerked his head back in the direction of the rest of Team Spectrum, beckoning the infernape and inadvertently giving the mudkip another shake. "C'mon, c'mon, let's fuckin' go already!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Team Spectrum's thoughts were uncertain at first, but the moment they saw Darkwhite trying to fight back, they knew that they had to follow up. They'd finally broken through--now, it was just a matter of breaking through the force that was making her attack them. Could it be done?

Ashwood, Curio, Genki, and Fay all stepped out of position and lunged for four of the heads, landing punches and kicks to each one's jaw, if they had one. That left them vulnerable the neck down; Nip, Brisa, Astrid, Jaro, and several others quickly fell in to stagger it further. Toxic spikes from Nip and freezing winds from Astrid left the heads stiff and lethargic despite their great health.

Darkwhite paused her Explosion to look up. "What... are you...?"

Ashwood's Strike dealt 967 damage!
Curio's Strike dealt 1197 damage!
Genki's Strike dealt 857 damage!
Fay's Strike dealt 95 damage!

Brisa's Shining Whiplash dealt a CRITICAL 1264 damage to Eterna Darkwhite! Brisa's second Shining Whiplash dealt 1580 damage!
Eterna Darkwhite dodged both of Nip's Ultra Stone strikes!
Nip's Shadow Spikes dealt 387 and then 580 damage!
Shiron's Radiant Raindrops dealt 1583 damage to!
Dave's Assurances dealt a total of 2467 damage!

Shiron's Raindrop knocked stars into the nonexistent eyes of the fifth head, while Dave's Assurances made sure it wouldn't be able to counterattack, striking the exact same spot as Shiron.

"That's it!" Owen shouted, pointing forward. "That's the opening! Brisa! Attack the center head!" Heat welled up in Owen's chest, both of hope and of the great flames he had been building up for the whole fight. They'd been whittling it down bit by grueling bit, but the finishers were always when they could strike at a moment of vulnerability. That time was now.

Cabot leapt forward and stomped the ground, sending stone spikes in the air. They lit up, Radiance enveloping their form. Brisa hopped on several of these rocks, tethering herself to the flailing heads at the same time as her body. Astrid leapt up close and unleashed all of her power at once; two Silver Spikes floated by her side by psionic energy, jamming themselves into two necks before exploding violently upon impact. Owen's blasts torched two more of the heads, and one more blast struck near the base where Darkwhite had to cower away from the heat.

The attacks all coalesced into a massive explosion; Icetales narrowly jumped away from it, having been using his aura to enhance everyone's power, but Brisa was not so lucky. She and Astrid had been caught up in the explosion; Astrid landed on Ashwood's bulky frame, while Brisa was caught by Celeste to the left of the field.

Team Spectrum's Psychoflame Maulstorm dealt 35178 damage to Eterna Darkwhite!
(Owen: 4056
Brisa: 7216
Cabot: 6281
Astrid: 14495)

Astrid's Blinding Meltdown dealt 1381 damage to Eterna Darkwhite!
Icetales dodged the blast!
Brisa took 1326 damage!

Eterna Darkwhite was knocked out!

Amid the dust and sand and smoke, Darkwhite lay on the ground, staring at the sky with a stunned, wide-eyed expression. The five heads on her back had been mangled and charred, looking more like twisted metal than something alive. They were smoldering; the conjured apparition of an Eternatus was... fading, evaporating, and receding.

The Explosion's power dissipated, never launched.

"I'm so... tired..."

Last edited:

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot was crouched down and panted out of exhaustion as he watched the Eternatus like creature fade away. They'd done it... They'd saved Sword.

Pleo came up to him with a Max Elixir in his beak, but Cabot held up a claw and tiredly shook his head, prompting Pleo to blink in surprise.

"I-It's alright. I'm fine... I... I just need a moment to catch my breath," Cabot insisted. "Sword needs it more."

Pleo paused a moment, before nodding. He waddled over to Sword and put down the Max Elixir right next to her.

"Here. This should help you feel a bit better."

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“She’s still corrupted.” Bahamut’s frown deepened. “Another larva could manifest.”

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
A desperate reaching out for a person in pain. A savage series of attacks on the abomination leeching off of her. A brilliant explosion of radiance that sent her spinning into unconsciousness, and a softer light as her reviver seed restored her.

Astrid, why? Don't do this to me. Please.

Brisa pulled herself to her feet, one paw clutching at Celeste, to whom she murmured a quick "Thanks, partner." Looking about, she took in the battlefield as a whole. Starr was okay at least, thank gods. Curio, too, and Owen... but Astrid had knocked herself out hard, and Darkwhite was grounded, barely holding it together.

Luz came to a halt besides her in a flurry of sand, and took a ready stance to rush off again at a moment's notice. "Brisa darlin', the fight's over, at least fer a minute. Lotta folks're hard done-by. Who do you wanna tend to?"

Brisa clenched her teeth and closed her eyes. She wanted to go to Astrid, and make her safe, be sure she was alright. But she knew she'd just be angry with her friend for taking such a risk again, and she didn't know if Darkwhite would hold on.

"You see to Astrid. Catch you later, Luz."

"Right you are, partner."

Each cat dashed away to their respective charges. Brisa trusted Luz with Astrid; the zeraora-shade didn't have a hair of cruelty on her body. Brisa was rougher round the edges. Rawer. She ran to the fallen mew and found Pleo there, offering a healing item of some kind. She gave a nod to the diminutive lugia-shade. Of course Cabot's familiar would be a decent sort. Brisa came closer, went to cradle her... her friend? Could she really call this person a friend?

I don't want to attack... my friends!

Yeah. She could.

"Darkwhite?" she said, taking hold of her friend. "Sword? You're gonna be okay. You're among friends. You're gonna be okay."

Please.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv's last heal pulse fired off towards Sword, and their running stopped. They looked up at Sword, and the tendrils beginning to dissipate.

They won.

"We...we did it," they said, a weak smile on their face.

They had done it. They had saved Sword. They had--

They collapsed into the sand, near Sword.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste followed Brisa up to Sword. Thoughts whirled in his head. He stared at Sword, lying weakened on the ground.

Could finish her off. Never have to worry about her again. Could stargaze without needing someone to protect you. Be safe again. Be predator and not prey. Would be eas-

He took a deep breath and focused to suppress his corruption. Those thoughts weren't his... Or at least weren't normal for him. This wasn't Darkwhite anymore, this was Sword. She wasn't his enemy anymore.

"May I ask... What is your name?"

Before getting his answer, he extended a Wish to her. As an act of goodwill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom