• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms Guild ~ Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut nodded. "Understood. Have fun."

R10 – Koa's Arrival

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut returned his attention to Diyem, wondering what to do with the guy while he was zonked out like this. Too many things to process at once and he wasn't sure whether his Morning Sun would help or harm Diyem.

However, before he could even make any sort of decision, Diyem's body convulsed once again. It expanded, swelling up like it was going to explode. An alarmed purple spread in Bahamut's eyes. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me."

He wrapped his tail around Diyem and squeezed the guy like a sponge. A saliva coated electrike popped out and Diyem shriveled back down into charmander form. Bahamut was, thankfully, ready with a towel and caught the newest arrival. This has gone long past the point of ridiculousness. The necrozma wondered if the souls trapped in Diyem felt all those convulsions.

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Strange dreamless darkness was all Koa knew, followed quite suddenly by a strange crushing sensation followed by feeling like his stomach turned inside out. Next thing he was aware of he was lying somewhere. He opened his eyes, then blinked, taking in his surroundings. White walls, a pleasant buzzing, colorful decor. Had he... had he ended up in the hospital again? Blake would kill him- His thoughts ground to a halt as he realized his body felt... wrong. Different.

Almost hesitantly, he tried to look down. He caught a glimpse of his arm, no, leg. Short, covered in green fur, ending on small paws. And his body... almost like he was hunched over and crawling, yet more natural. Shakily he stood, instinctively trying to stand on two legs before dropping onto four.

His heart sped up. His head jerked frantically from side to side. An unconscious Charmander shared the room as well as some kind of... What in the name of Sinnoh was that? It looked like a dragon of some kind, almost, but was bright, and had four wings. Yet it seemed ever so vaguely familiar. Had he read about it somewhere? Was it some kind of exotic pokemon? Maybe from Galar or Alola...

His thoughts raced. He had a vague recollection of a strange city, people and pokemon there, all talking. A Charizard too, asking him to become a hero. He'd agreed of course, but it felt more like a dream than reality. Like the one he'd had about getting a Palkia as his first starter Pokemon. That dream had been sick. And then... dreamless darkness.

But this? Something told him this was no dream. He'd really been drawn across dimensions somehow and become a Pokemon. In a daze, he spoke, his brain still trying to catch up to just what was going on.

"Where am I?" His voice came out different too. Lower, more growl-y.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"You're on Cibus, a planet of only pokémon," Bahamut said, upper wings crossing. "The short version is that you were randomly summoned to help save the planet from a crisis. But something went wrong with your summoning... so you wound up here a few months later than the rest of us." One of his lower wings pointed to Diyem. "He was the one who summoned you... and just puked you up into existence."

The expression and body language told him this was not someone used to their body. "Let me guess... you're not normally an electrike? Human, perhaps?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
For a moment, Koa sat in silence, absorbing all the new information, as well as staring at the bright dragon-like figure before him. It all added up, from his hazy memories of the other place. He'd signed up for this, asked for this. Under the assumption he'd be safe should anything happen.

One of his lower wings pointed to Diyem. "He was the one who summoned you... and just puked you up into existence."

Koa grimaced. "He did what?" he growled. He shuddered, suddenly uncomfortably aware how wet he felt. Noting the towel on the floor he frantically started rubbing himself against somewhat futilely. When he'd agreed to become a 'hero' or whatever this was not what he'd expected. He'd somehow pictured much more... adoration. Coolness.

"Let me guess... you're not normally an electrike? Human, perhaps?"
"I was a human," he replied, still rubbing himself. "A trainer." After several more seconds, he gave up. His fur was slightly drier but much spikier and awkward looking. He'd have to wash himself later somehow. Experimentally, he moved each of his limbs once more, adjusting himself to his strange new body. "But I guess I'm an Elecktrike now." This was pretty insane, even by the standards of things he'd witnessed.

He shifted his gaze back to the strange dragon. For some reason he couldn't take his eyes off it. If this was a world of all pokemon, then what was he?

"Who are you? And... what am I supposed to be saving the world from?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Another trainer. Well, at least Starr was still here, so he'd have— oh, who was Bahamut kidding? Starr would probably be as friendly toward him as a seviper to a zangoose on the planets they inhabited.

"I'm Bahamut. I'm a necrozma." He wanted the shortest, simplest explanation. "As for your second question it's... a bit complicated." Bahamut glanced toward the window. "There are two problems... and we're not really sure if they're related. One is an alien known as Eternatus. Its corrosive energy is harming the planet. The other is Team Rocket's leader, Giovanni. He seems to have taken advantage of Eternatus' presence to develop a corruptive force of his own and he's unleashed it on the pokémon of this world.

"One of them was another necrozma who we just fought. He killed half the team. They're stuck inside him now." He pointed to Diyem once again. "The rest of the team is currently focused on trying to revive them." Bahamut sighed. "I know you had no control over your arrival, but your timing is... quite unfortunate."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa stared in open mouthed surprise at Bahamut for several seconds. Eternatus, Giovanni, and the team he was supposed to help was dead? Stuck inside that Charmander somehow. And somehow he'd arrived late too. It was mind-boggling.

Especially hearing the name Giovanni. He was never great at history or knowing the details of what happened in other regions but... He was aware of Team Rocket's attempt to take over Kanto. He remembered Blake being worried about it. But he was pretty sure it had ended when Giovanni had been captured or arrested.

Unless maybe this universe somehow had its own Giovanni? It... it actually made sense he guessed, that there could be other worlds and realities out there. He knew that all too well... if the Distortion was real, why not more? Other realities... other dimensions.

For a good minute he couldn't think of much to say. A great deal many emotions were flowing through him. Wondering if he was in way over his head, since the team was somehow already dead. He'd expected this to be so much more... different? Fun? He'd adventure around and help defeat some bad guy with some pokemon then go home. This was decidedly not fun already. And he still couldn't figure out why something about Bahamut and the name Necrozma was ever so vaguely familiar.

"What now?" he asked finally. "What do I even do?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, the good news is you're not the only new arrival." Bahamut pointed to the door Pana went into earlier. "A pancham also got spit up not long before you. So, uh, you've got company." He was sorely tempted to say something more along the lines of "misery loves company," but somehow held his nonexistent tongue. How did Owen manage to be so cheerful all the time? It had to be the world he was from.

"Otherwise, I think the best thing would be for you to get acclimated to this place." Bahamut again pulled out his badge. "I'll contact our teammates and let them know of your arrival. Just... they may not be in much of a mood to talk. They lost their friends, after all." His head tendrils shrank as he typed into the badge. "I wasn't really as close with them as the others."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa withheld another grimace. He couldn't fathom what it must have been like to lose a friend. There was nothing he could do...
"Otherwise, I think the best thing would be for you to get acclimated to this place."
This Bahamut was right. Might as well try to take a look around, get acclimated. Not like there was much else he could do. Maybe he could even meet what was left of any teammates. Pushing aside his darker thoughts, he started for the exit, unsteady at first on his new limbs, but his brain slowly catching up to the sensation of walking on all fours. He paused and turned to address Bahamut.

"Guess I'll see you around then." What else was he supposed to say? "Uh... nice meeting you... Sorry about your friends," he added as an afterthought. "Maybe we can get everyone back." He turned around and started for the exit, unable to shake the feeling of why he thought he'd heard of Bahamut. Necrozma... Two of them too, according to his explanation, one of them being evil. So much to take in. He kept turning the thoughts around in his mind as he left. His brain still felt a little fuzzy, which he guessed had to do with being transported to a new world. It'd come back to him, eventually.

Grinning, he trotted out the exit. Time to see what this 'Cibus' was like.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut sighed. “They’re scattered around the city. However, given they just lost their friends, I’m not sure they’re going to want to interact. I already informed them you’re here.”

He looked at Diyem. Bahamut wouldn’t be able to do anything with him in such a state. “I’m sorry, but I must be on my way.”

Bahamut hovered out of room.

R10: Celeste, Petram, and a peculiarly shaped rock

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
<><><><><>

After taking a moment to collect his thoughts, Celeste ran straight to the infirmary. He took a deep breath and entered the room.

Well, there it was. Icetales, turned into a statue. He hadn't expected to find Bahamut was lying, but seeing it himself was different. He rested his head on the statue's cold stone shoulder. It wasn't comforting, not like the real thing.

"You'd better know what you're doing..."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
‘This has to be a prank! A really cruel prank! Maybe… that was a manipulated photo or something!’

Those words echoed nonstop into Petram’s mind, who was running toward the room where Diyem was recovering.

‘But I can’t reach out to him…’

And then, he reached the room. The door was already open. Why was it open?

Petram looked inside, finding an unconscious Diyem. Just like… in the photo. Then, the statue was…

Feeling his matter becoming more gooey, he slowly moved around. Celeste was there, who was holding his head on… on…

“…Daddy…?”

Petram walked forward, his steps slow and squishy. His violet eyes were focused on the statue, trailing every single detail. And on the floor in front of it… there was that unmistakable blue ribbon, which had the handkerchief gifted by Cynthian wrapped around it.

There wasn’t any doubt anymore. He was… Daddy.

“Daddy…” he whispered, before looking at Celeste. “C-Celeste… Did he r-really…?”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Petram stared at Celeste for while, before gazing again at the statue. “I… I hope so. Daddy has always been so contemplative. He… would never do anything reckless or apparently irrational without a reason…”

He sighed somberly. “I just wish I knew what was his plan. He… didn’t say anything and didn’t leave any note behind. The last thing I’ve heard from him through telepathy was that ‘this is what must be done’, or something like that…”

He paused, still struggling to filter his thoughts, then he glanced at the unconscious Charmander.

“And the only one who might know the answer can’t answer now…”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
This is what must be done? What a frustratingly vague statement. And a worrying one. If Icetales believed it must be done, it was possible he'd put his own safety aside, at least in part. Something that must be done must be done even if it is a risk.

"I'm sure he'll be back. He would not leave without ever even saying goodbye..."

Celeste was, in reality, not sure of that at all. He hoped it was true, but there was no certainty to be had.

"If you need anything while he's gone, you can ask me, okay? I'll make sure you're taken care of until he gets back."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"I'm sure he'll be back. He would not leave without ever even saying goodbye..."

Petram mulled over those words for a while, before beaming a small smile. “Y-yeah, you… you’re right. He wouldn’t go without saying goodbye if he knew he wouldn’t make it…”

Or at least, I hope this is the reason…

“And… and he promised! He told you that he wouldn’t die on you and that he would take care of Ivy, and he never breaks his promises!”

He stomped his forepaw, which had become solid once more. “I… I wanna believe in Daddy! Whatever it is the reason he decided to… go to the Voidlands, well… I bet it’s a very good reason, and he already calculated the risks and has a way to return. I’m gonna believe that!”

"If you need anything while he's gone, you can ask me, okay? I'll make sure you're taken care of until he gets back."

Petram smiled a bit more brightly, his tails wagging. “Thanks, I appreciate that! But we gotta think about Ivy, too! Though, huh… I dunno if we should tell her anything…”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Right, Ivy didn't have Cynthian either... That left him, once again, the last adult in his room, but with two more Familiar children there. "I suppose I'll have to keep an eye on Ivy, too." Someone had to.

"I only wish he told us what he was doing... and how long he would be gone."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom