• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokemon Square - Whiscash Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste laughed a humourless laugh. “You don’t have to worry about me, you know. I wasn’t old enough to even know what happened to me back then. I’ve spent the rest of my life since then safe and comfortable in a privileged position in a nice town. Your problems are much more... significant.”

It shouldn’t even count as a problem, really. He should be grateful for his chance, but here he was stealing attention from the people with real problems. He was privileged. He had no right to complain.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales blinked slowly, looking almost unamused. “Good sir, if there is something I have learned from just hanging around a few fellows in this world,” he gained a mirthful smirk, “is that there is no such thing as ‘more significant’ problem. And that is…” He looked away. “Well, I cannot say that it is ‘swell’, but… um… shall we say, that we all are more apt at understanding each other, as we all have our fair share of annoyances and inner wounds plaguing us?”

He shrugged, finding the whole situation ironic. Not exactly in a funny way, but more in the ‘on the same sinking boat’ way.

“We all face our problems. We all are hunted by memories. This truth is undeniable. Howbeit,” he showed another small smile, “that makes these peaceful moments all the more rewarding, no? I sure know I would enjoy to spend other nights telling stories and tales about our worlds and ourselves.” He looked down and rubbed a forepaw with the other paw. “If… you both would desire more of these meetings, of course…”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The feeling was getting worse, then slowly started to fade away. Relief washed through Vix like a gentle breeze through wind chimes. If that made sense.

"I'd be delighted, Icetails, if you and Celeste would have me," Vix said sweetly. "It'll give me more chances to-"

Help.

"-get to know you both better. Maybe we should make a-"

Date~

"-day of it? We could bring snacks and a cute little picnic blanket and all that."

Vix blinked. Something didn't sound right, be it in her head or what she said. Maybe she broke something by over exerting herself so much. Which, somehow, brought something else to mind.

"Actually, speaking of nice meet ups... weren't you planning a party, Icetales?" Vix asked. She could've sworn she got an invite for it or something like that.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Actually, speaking of nice meet ups... weren't you planning a party, Icetales?"

…Oh. Right. That.

A part of him was surprised that so many folks were aware about his plan, another part of him was delighted to hear that so many folks were probably looking forward to it, and the most vocal part of him was screaming at him for burning the original plans.

Well, no point in crying over molten snowmons. Besides, he had managed to get back to business, partially thanks to the various shopkeepers who had kept the receipts.

“Hm. I was, indeed. I just had to delay it because of some, um…” He coughed and looked away. “Complications. But! It is very much underway and I am fine-tuning the last details. Only issue was that I required to move a few things over as we will not be sleeping in Treasure Town anymore, but it is no big hindrance. I should be able to get everything settled up reasonably soon, unless a star falls, or whatnot disrupts my plans.” He chuckled nervously. The cosmos wasn’t going to pull that kind of prank on him…

…Right?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Same here!"

That was mostly a lie, Vix couldn't forget the 15th. Despite this not being her actual body, she could feel the blast seeds in her very soul.

"If you ever need help moving things, I wouldn't mind lending a ha- er... one of these," Vix wave her lil candle nubblies. "I can float things better than I can lift them, honestly, hehe."

That bad feeling from before had mostly went away, luckily, but Vix could feel it faintly around her still. Everyone would need more than one good stargazing session before that feeling went away completely, meaning Icetails party was mandatory. It clearly was the only way.

What about therapy?

The. Only. Way.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Oh well. Temporary setbacks, I suppose? I’m looking forward to it. Something makes me think this will be a more interesting group to party with than the people I know from back home.”
"Same here!"
[…]
"If you ever need help moving things, I wouldn't mind lending a ha- er... one of these," Vix wave her lil candle nubblies. "I can float things better than I can lift them, honestly, hehe."

Icetales stared in awe at the two comrades. His spirit was a light, a star that could have filled the entire firmament. He could feel his heart swelling with pride and joy, as well as a raging determination seeping into every single fiber of his body.

So many folks looking forward to it… would he have been able to meet everyone’s expectations? Well… Her Ladyship always appreciated the tea parties he organized with his fellow butlers, if the golden gleam in her eyes and the glistening in her yellow collar was any proof. That Serperior was tough to please, so… perhaps…

“…Well! I sure shall try my darndest to craft a festival worthy of its name! I can assure this much!” exclaimed Icetales, puffing up his chest and his tails flicking with pride. “You will see! It shall be something you will never forget… until we all will go back home, at the very least.”

He laughed softly, before showing a grin. “And I never say no to some little aid. Any help is welcome. And… ha! If you have any preferences for snacks or beverages, just feel free to let me know, yes?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix's eyes lit up at the mention of food. There was a chance she forgot to eat after the fight, so right now she was starving.

"We gotta have curry! Any kinda will do, apple curry, salad curry, burger curry. I'm getting hungrier just thinking about it!" Vix giggled. "I wish Marowak could've came with me, he could cook up a feast no problem." She had a blissful look on her face, already again lost in thought.

[R11] - Deep Reflections (Celeste and Icetales)

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Completely freed from his daily studies, Icetales decided that it was time to clarify a few things about recent events with Celeste. He could tell that there was something between them, and he had to dive into that topic as soon as possible. And what better place to talk about themselves if not the lake where their friendship started?

‘Heavens. It feels like it was centuries ago…’

The Ninetales peered at the trees, wondering if the Absol would have showed himself. …Would he come?

Icetales took a deep breath and turned to the lake, before glancing at the reflected stars on the calm water. It was such a beautiful night… very much unlike the shadows swirling into his heart.

…Yes. It was time. It was time to pour what was into his chest.

He was afraid of what would have happened after, but… that had to be done.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Ever since his chat with Brisa, Celeste had been trying to think of a way to broach the subject with Icetales. Numerous badge messages had been composed, found unsatisfactor, and promptly deleted without sending. In the end, it took him so long that the problem resolved itself: Icetales had invited him to Whiscash Lake.

He approached the lake. Icetales was already there. He wished he could shake this sense of nervousness clinging to him. He gave Icetales a polite nod in greeting.

"Hello, Icetales."

Was there something more he should say? His voice was stuck in his throat anyways.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Ah!” Icetales turned toward the voice, before wagging his tails. Relief rushed into his chest and he bowed back. “Sir Celeste! I am most delighted to see thee.”

So, he had actually come. It felt good to share some time once more, after the emotional rush of the past weeks.

Hm. He could tell that there was a mild tension in Celeste’s behavior…Well, then. It would have been his duty to make the Absol feel at ease!

Icetales glanced at the lake again, before waving at the stars with his forepaw.

“Such a lovely view, is it not? It is just like months ago, when we have that pleasant chat with Miss Vix, too.” He looked again at Celeste. “I thought this could have been a good spot. Thou know, to spend some time together.”

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
This place made Celeste ache for the earlier times with Icetales. Before everything became complicated.

"It is nice."

Or rather, it would be nice, if not for the lingering ominous feeling he couldn't quite shake.

"I... I would like to talk to you. About the night after we fought Joule, the voidlands, housing arrangements... or really, more than anything else, about us."

There. He'd said it. Hopefully he wasn't too vague or worrying or anything like that.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"I... I would like to talk to you. About the night after we fought Joule, the voidlands, housing arrangements... or really, more than anything else, about us."

Icetales stared at Celeste, his expression having become serious in a flash. Right. Those were all matters that needed to be tackled and addressed.

“…Very well. I admit that I have been meaning to talk about those matters, and to… hm, explain why I felt the need to do some of the things I have done.”

Icetales shook his body to clear his mind and take in more fresh air, before sitting on the fresh grass and motioning to Celeste to do the same. He took a deep breath to steady himself, his tails flicking erratically.

“So, one matter at a time. What dost thou desire to discuss first?”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Voidlands…” Icetales looked away. “Right.”

If the lakeside was silent before, in that moment it seemed that the entire place had frozen in place, like a haunting and ominous photograph. The Ninetales unconsciously drew out his claws, while dark wisps flickered around his tails.

What better way to start the entire conversation if not by talking about the matter that most stabbed into his heart?

Icetales closed his eyes and took a shaky breath. How utterly distressful was to dig out his mementos once more. But… that had to be done.

With another deep breath, he absorbed the shadows back into himself, and he reopened his eyes. There was an odd calmness into them. Or was that… acceptance?

“Sir Celeste… this is quite a long story. So, please, I would like thee to wait until I finish before saying anything, all right? This is… somewhat tough for me to recall, due to… countless of factors.”

Icetales waited for a few seconds to make sure to have the Absol’s attention, before continuing.

“To put it simply, I was not in my most sound state of mind the night after the Joule’s battle. My sleep was tormented by foul nightmares and phantasms.” He closed his eyes and shivered. “I… I saw them again. In my nightmares. Our comrades, screaming for help. And… and their flesh… torn apart by that malevolent energy of destruction.

“Those screams… oh, Sir Celeste, those screams! They were embedded deep into my bones, and the image of them… rotting… and digging themselves out from the… graves I have made… burned into my eyes…”

Icetales took some harsh breaths, before shaking his head furiously. He felt some tendrils crawl on his forepaws, with his inner darkness giving him some support.

“It was… not pleasant.”

That was an understatement.

“That event unearthed some horrifying mementos of my childhood. When I… saw someone… die in front of me…”

A flash of Mother appeared into his mind, with the mortally ill Ninetales staring at her son, her face pale like a sheet and the life vanishing from her eyes. His claws dug deeper.

“I… It was too much! To see that kind of event happening again! I do not know how thou managed to handle the situation, Sir Celeste, but it reopened huge wounds into my heart and my spirit.”

Icetales took a long pause to regain his composure and to let his words sink in. He was feeling so sick, the memories too powerful and haunting.

“…But then I found out. About the Voidlands. About the fact that our comrades were stuck there. That they were not dead permanently. They just… lacked bodies.”

Icetales stared at Celeste again. He was shuddering, while his heart was thumping in his chest.

“Thou might believe that the news would reassure me somewhat,” his tone darkened, “but it was far from it. That did nothing more than remind me of… what he did to me.”

Then, the shadows engulfed his entire body, giving a glimpse of the pain into his heart. Of his true nature.

“When he dragged me to Chaos, to my world’s hell. When he trapped me into the deepest prison to assassinate me. To drain me of my soul, to feast on my despair, to break my spirit and mind…” Tears fell from his eyes. “He did this… to his own son. To a young pup who had just lost his mother. A pup who was stuck in hell for years, forced to fight for his life, and who was seen like an unfixable beast when he was rescued from that place, far too broken… And the thought of the same happening to our comrades! To our friends! I-I could not bear it! I—!”

It was in that moment that Icetales realized the darkness infesting his body, and shrank back in distress and horror. He shook his body to clear away the darkness and his mind, shivering.

“A-apologies, I… I did not mean to. I… I…”

And then, Icetales collapsed to the floor into a sobbing fit, and the area around him was cloaked into a thick and dark frost.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste's eyes widened as, for a moment, the shadows made Icetales look like something not himself. He quickly tried to stifle the reaction.

He found himself with no words. He didn't even entirely understand the full implications of what Icetales was saying. Though he had not words, he still wanted to express his sympathy. He pulled Icetales into a hug.

Eventually, after several moments, he found something to say.

"But... If you've been through all that... Why would you subject yourself to it again? We didn't have any way to help you if anything went wrong, we didn't even know what was happening. I only found out when Bahamut sent Petram and I a photo of your lifeless, petrified body with his badge. If something went wrong... That would've been the last we'd ever seen of you."

Yet it seemed Icetales had, despite all that, felt an obligation to go there. He couldn't help but be reminded of Brisa. "You were stuck for years in a place like that. It looks clear enough to me that that's still an open wound for you. They were okay, but now you've hurt yourself all over again. You shouldn't have forced yourself back to a place like that."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales didn’t say anything for a while, his throat and nostrils burning and tears still falling from his eyes.

He leaned toward Celeste to take in the embrace, wrapping a couple of his tails around his friend. After some time, his shivering subsided and he steadied his breathing. Dark wisps became mere flickers, until even those were gone.

It was painful to remember that entire ordeal, but… it was good to have someone by his side. First it was Fifth, now it was Celeste.

That was… reassuring.

"But... If you've been through all that... Why would you subject yourself to it again? We didn't have any way to help you if anything went wrong, we didn't even know what was happening. I only found out when Bahamut sent Petram and I a photo of your lifeless, petrified body with his badge. If something went wrong... That would've been the last we'd ever seen of you."

Icetales growled and his tails flailed. “Right. Sir Bahamut. I have seen that… picture, when I returned…”

“That old defeatist bastard…” came the raspy whisper of the Shadow, apparently displeased about the emotions he was absorbing from his host. “Petition to send that draconian geezer to a temporary trip to hell, punishment from Sir Diyem be damned!”

Icetales dismissed his darkest thoughts. It’s not like entertaining them would have helped anyone in any way.

“I cannot help but think that Sir Bahamut’s message did nothing more that foster scaremongering, and it appears thou did not inquire with Sir Diyem nor hear information from him about my actual well-being,” mused Icetales, his eyes narrowed. “Regardless, he guaranteed that as long as I was cautious and did not attack the Void Shadows, then I would have been… remarkably swell.”

He ran his paw on the frozen grass. “…I ought to have said something or leave a message, but I was already trying my darndest to repel my fears and doubts that I… believed that saying something would have convinced me to not go through with that stunt. I was so close from just… panicking. I needed to focus and keep my mind and darkness in check, and distractions would have been… disastrous.”

"You were stuck for years in a place like that. It looks clear enough to me that that's still an open wound for you. They were okay, but now you've hurt yourself all over again. You shouldn't have forced yourself back to a place like that."

Icetales looked straight into Celeste’s eyes, unconvinced. “…I am afraid the situation was not quite rainbows and sunshine, Sir Celeste. While folks like Sir Cabot handled the situation well enough, I found out that other folks had a few… accidents.”

The Ninetales looked down. “And then, when Sir Diyem told me about the power of the Voidlands to twist and bend someone’s spirit,” he narrowed his eyes, “I saw myself into my comrades. And I… I could not let them go through the madness I went through. If something happened to their psyche without me doing anything to try to help, I would have never forgiven myself.

“Indeed. I was stuck in Chaos in years. But I survived. I learned a few survival tricks. And when I was rescued, I learned to have faith and believe in salvation.”

Icetales breathed out a cloud of mist, before showing a faint smile. “And this is pretty much what I wished to bring them: reassurance and comfort. I wanted to let them know that we would have saved them in some way. I wanted… to give them hope.”

In that moment, some golden embers appeared on the Ninetales’ body.

“Indeed. I suffered some pain. I went through plenty. I relived an entire part of my childhood in a few days. But seeing those smiles from our comrades, who had the knowledge that things were going to be all right,” his smile became a bit brighter, while some happy tears ran down his cheeks, “now that made my sacrifice worth it.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
“I cannot help but think that Sir Bahamut’s message did nothing more that foster scaremongering, and it appears thou did not inquire with Sir Diyem nor hear information from him about my actual well-being,”
Celeste considered interrupting, but instead let Icetales finish.

"Don't try to blame Bahamut for anything. It's not because of Bahamut that you disappeared. You can't blame him for not refusing to answer when Petram asked him a question he knew the answer to. It's also not his fault we saw your petrified corpse. Or do you think it would've gone better if one of us found it in person? Diyem was out cold by the time we found out, too."

Celeste sighed. Really, he didn't know what happened in the voidlands, nor what Icetales did there. Yet...
“Indeed. I suffered some pain. I went through plenty. I relived an entire part of my childhood in a few days. But seeing those smiles from our comrades, who had the knowledge that things were going to be all right,” his smile became a bit brighter, while some happy tears ran down his cheeks, “now that made my sacrifice worth it.”
With the way Icetales seemed to think of it, he couldn't help but feel guilty for being hurt by it.

"I just... I suppose I'm feeling selfish. If you helped them, good for you. But one night we promised we could count on each other, to be each other's reason to keep going. Then... suddenly you were gone, and I was alone. I felt lost. I can't really blame you for that, though. I shouldn't have allowed myself to become too attached."

You let yourself get too close. Should've had yourself under control. To think you call yourself tamed.

You know why your Radiance affects you in a way it does no one else.

I said:
What are the two of us, if not proof that bloodline mean nothing in the end?
You thought you were something more than a creature of instinct? What reason, what higher thought dictates this behaviour? None. You're controlled by wild impulse.

There's a word for that.

Feral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom