• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Null Realm ~ Blacklight Eternity

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Ok!" Saltriv said, waving their leaf again. "Thank you, Dill!"

Red, orange, and yellow leaves began to rain down from above, before swirling around many of the Pokemon in the area.

"It's tough, but we've come this far! Everyone on Cibus is counting on us! We can do this!" they shouted, as the leaves rained down around them.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
With their mutual setup complete and the first barrage weathered, the team's strikers could split up. As much as Brisa worked better alongside them, everyone had their place in the plan, and Brisa was the gal to take out that fucking lightbulb, with a little help from that aura-rotting Blacklight seepage Dave exuded during a real fight. Brisa throttled her Shadows to just enough to – one, two, three – take out the damn thing while hardly breaking a sweat. That's how it was fucking done, fuck yes.

"We're on track, y'all! Keep it up! Brace fer counterattacks!" she cried, plasma plumes trailing behind her as she arced between vantage points.

Victory was a long way off yet, but this was a damn good start.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Mellow’s Shining Teatime allowed Brisa, Saltriv and Astrid to use items!
Mellow’s Call rallied and soothed Eien, Dave and Saltriv!
Saltriv’s Pure Words, Sunbeams, and Autumn soothed and protected Astrid, Starr, Brisa, Dave, Mellow and Eien!
Icetales’s Heal Bell restored HP to Eien, Starr, and Dave!
Icetales’s Aurora Veil protected the party!
Owen’s Brilliant Aether and Rally Call protected and toughened Sword!
Bahamut’s Brilliant Beacon soothed Saltriv’s Radiance!
Koa’s Brilliant Conduit let Astrid and Starr share corruption!

Dave’s double Rock Smash dealt 46 damage to the Light Power and 50 damage to the Eterna Power, poisoning both and lowering their Defense!
Koa’s Pressurized Void Thundercall inflicted -1050 Speed to the Shadow Power and strengthened Diyem’s evasion!
Supported by Saltriv, Brisa’s Void Arcstrike dealt an Ultra Effective 5256 damage to the Light Power!
Brisa’s Overcharged Facade dealt a CRITICAL 4509 damage to the Light Power!
Brisa’s Electric Facade finished it off, destabilizing the Light Power!
Supported by Mellow, Starr’s Flare Blitz and U-Turn dealt 2038 and 979 damage to the Eterna Power!
Starr’s Power Trip, Flarestrike and Eterna Z-Burst dealt 2064, 3473, and 3305 damage to the Shadow Power!
Inspired by Starr, Astrid's Null CRITICAL Sweeper Stored Power dealt 9320 damage to the Shadow Power and 9854 damage to the Eterna Power!

"Ghh... Sword! Hold on!" Diyem commanded, smashing his tail on the ground as he thought of what to do next. There wasn't a lot he could do. Not for now. The best he could try was set something up with the others.

"I'll... try to get ready for something else," Eien said.

"My attacks aren't doing shit," Soda muttered. "I'm falling back to do more!"

"Geomancy is ready... What do you need from me next?!" Xernatus shouted.

"Like hell I'm going defense!"

"Sword, no!" Owen begged.

"Ughhh, whyyy?!" Sword hopped back and shifted to a Charizard form, grounding herself in a crouch. "Fine. I'll stay put."

"Thank y--"

"Psyche!" She exploded into a cloud of Darkwhites.

Diyem used Abyssal Ritual, reaching +3!
Diyem used Abyssal Ritual, reaching +4!

Soda used Hone Claws twice!

Eien used Eterna Stockpile!
Eien used Eterna Draw on Astrid! The negative effects were nullified, and Eien took them instead!

"What--what do I do now?!" Eien called, looking lost. "Do I shoot? Um, what do I shoot with?!" She forgot her own abilities in the heat of battle...

"Fuckin' showing me up, are you?" Soda mumbled. "Gotta clear my head. Gotta be something I can do that's useful..."

Xernatus used Geomancy!
Xernatus used Eterna Vigor on Mellow, granting her +1 action next turn until used!

Sword used Darkwhite Chaos, gaining +6 Evasion and 25% damage reduction!
Sword used Swords Dance, gaining +2 Attack again!

The Shadow, Eterna, and Light Powers performed their Last Word!
Shadow Power used Abyssal Nil on Koa, Starr, and the Conduit!
Koa: Lauchs protected two hits for 1032 damage, and then the Protect left behind blocked the last!
Conduit: Protect, and then an Ultra Effective 1850 damage, destroying it!
Starr: Dodged thanks to her Illusory protection!

"Hah! I saw that!" Soda shouted.

The Eterna Power used Eterna Madness on Bahamut, Astrid, and Icetales!
Bahamut: Protected!
Astrid: Damage, but grazing thanks to the Illusory dodging! Still, Astrid became Confused!
Icetales: 661!

The Light Power used Blinding Sol on Brisa and Ionys!
Brisa: Protect, and then a grazing 613!
Ionys: Dodged!

"Get fucked!"

The Divine Power used Divine Arms on Owen and Sword!
Owen: Protect, and then 33!
Sword: Protect, and then 129!

The Divine Power used Divine Zealot! An oppressive buzzing filled Owen and Sword's heads, making Focus impossible for one turn! Sword... seemed unaffected.

The Living Power used Life Drain on Mellow and Xernatus!
Xernatus: 376
Mellow: 276

The Living Power drastically lowered Mellow's Defense by 4, Resistance by 4, and Evasion by 4!

The Living Power used Life Suppression! Mellow and Xernatus' mundane moves have been sealed for 1 turn!

The creature inside used Blacklight Beam, aimed at Bahamut, hitting the North zone!
Astrid: Endure!
Bahamut: Dodged!
Dave: A grazing 178
Icetales: 323
Saltriv: 354
Eien: 210

Divine Power: 9,312
Living Power: 9,939

Owen's Insight: The thing inside feels stronger from that Surge they used! Good thing we stopped them, because those Powers are strengthening the core!

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
As soon as the barrage of maddening energy subsided, Icetales focused enough to regain his bearing and assess the situation. From what he could see through the pixie mist, many of his allies had been injured heavily… and so was he. Golly, even if his size had increased considerably, that assault still left his mark.

“Keep going, Daddy! You can do it!” cried out Petram from… above him. The Ninetales looked up, noticing the small fox perched on his head, mixed amidst the fluffy tufts. “Time to ring those bells!”

Icetales could have nodded, but he didn’t want to throw Petram off of his head. So, he raised his massive paw in approval, and proceeded to channel his healing energy.

The titanic bells chimed, sending a healing aura all around. A veil of auroras also made its appearance, and the healing storm intensified and soothed everyone on that side of the battlefield.

However, hmm… That entity struck hard. How could he handle those assaults better? Hmm… Ah! Bahamut appeared in a flash of light, taking Mellow’s place. What if…?

Icetales stared intently at Bahamut, studying the sturdiness of his prismatic plates. Once he got a good idea of how they worked, he channeled his warlock’s power, gathering pieces of his auroras and converging his ice powers on his pelt — if he could forge an ice sword, he could also forge an ice shield!

Rainbow icicles covered his body, in a makeshift armor made of light-reflecting barriers. He turned toward the entity once more, preparing himself to receive any incoming assault. He really wanted to see if attacks managed to get past his protections!

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Next time, ask permission first," Bahamut growled, clearly disapproving of his ability being copied.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Assuming that there will be another time,” pointed out Icetales, before chuckling sheepishly. “Apologies for not asking in advance. Got caught in the heat of the battle.”

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Light on one side, Shadow on the other. It wasn't hard to guess who should take on which. Starr and Brisa wouldn't be able to combine their strength, not this time. But they'd be fine. There wasn't a chance in hell that Brisa would fail to take that oversized glowing target down. And Starr could already feel her golden flames shredding through the shadowy mass looming overhead. That left Astrid to detonate the piercing red one. It was almost too easy.

Yeah, somehow Starr doubted their luck would last. Still, she'd enjoy it while it lasted.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Mellow used Shadow Toss and hurled the Life Power Southward!
Mellow used Shadow Toss and hurled the Divine Power Southward!
Mellow’s Shining Teatime helped the team relocate!
Bahamut swapped Mellow with Sword!
Bahamut’s Brilliant Beacon purged Astrid’s Radiance!
Owen was Mellow and Astrid’s chauffeur!
Icetales’s Rejuvenating Heal Bell restored himself, Astrid, Koa, and Brisa by 25% hp each!
Icetales’ Brilliant Inspirit gave Starr, Brisa, and Owen a helping hand and a sure crit!
Icetales’ Aurora Veil protected the party from 25% of damage this turn!
Saltriv’s Pure Words and Brilliant Autumn soothed and protected Owen, Starr, Astrid, Koa, and Brisa!
Koa’s Hyper Voice broke the Life and Divine Powers’ barriers!

Brisa’s Spreader Fusion Arcflare dealt a CRITICAL 1309 damage to the Life Power, and 1350 to the Divine Power!
Brisa’s Spreader Titanic Bolt Strike dealt 707 damage to the Life Power, and 694 to the Divine Power!
Starr’s Sweeper Fusion Arcflare dealt a CRITICAL 3337 damage to the Life Power, and 2986 to the Divine Power!
Inspired by Starr, Astrid’s Inspired Sweeper Null Stored Power dealt a CRITICAL 5284 damage to the Life Power, and 4691 to the Divine Power!

"That's it!" Owen shouted. "All five powers are destabilized! That means...!"

The Eternal Blacklight Shell is vulnerable!

"Let's get ready for its counterattack," Diyem snarled. "It's going to be threatened, and that means--"

Diyem's eyes widened and he'd suddenly gone silent. A few eyes turned to him to see why--he was staring at a little Charmander that had appeared before him.

"Why are you here."

"W̴h̶y̵ ̶a̶r̶e̴ ̷y̸o̶u̴ ̷h̴u̶r̸t̵i̵n̷g̵ ̵m̶e̴ ̸a̷g̷a̸i̴n̶?"

Diyem winced. "You're fake--an illusion. I won't..."

Owen glanced at Diyem, blinking, like something else had caught his attention. "Diyem!" he said instead, "Focus!"

"Ngh--right. Of course. No mind games..."

Diyem used Abyssal ritual, twice, completing the ritual at +6!
Eien used Eterna Stockpile for a third time!
Eien used a +9 Eternabeam on the vulnerable shield, dealing 50 damage!

"Wh-what...?!"

Xernatus used Eterna Lifeblood, sacrificing 500 HP to heal Sword for 1000!
Xernatus used Eterna Guardian on Sword, halving all damage done to her for a turn!

Soda is watching carefully. "I can't do shit right now," he muttered, glancing around. "C'mon, work, work... Hey! If you think it's gonna do some crazy shit, I'll try to protect you guys! Just say the word!"

Soda used Hone Claws, and then charged something...

Sword used Swords Dance!
Sword used Darkwhite Devastation against the shield, but it's immune to critical hits! It dealt 136 damage and was Ultra Effective!

"You're kidding me!" Sword cried. "I... Why can't I get in the rhythm here?!"

"It's the atmosphere," Soda muttered. "I can barely think st-straight... Ugh!"

"Keep pushing!" Diyem said. "We have to help as much as we can... And I'm nearly ready."

A booming, ethereal moan echoed throughout the realm. As the flames used their last sputtering energies to blast through the team.

The Powers utilized their Last Words!
The Living Power used Life Drain on Astrid, Starr, and Brisa!
Astrid: Dill blocked the first two hits for 200 damage, but the debuffs took him out! The third Protect went down next!
Starr: Protect, then dodged!
Brisa: Protect!

The Divine Power used Divine Arms on Astrid, Starr, and Icetales!
Astrid: Protect!
Starr: 674
Icetales: 221

The creature within used Blacklight Beam on the South zone!
Astrid: Dodged!
Brisa: A grazing 434
Icetales: 344
Koa: Protect!
Owen: 333
Saltriv: Protect!
Starr: 1406

"Fine, the shield is powerful," Diyem growled. "But that doesn't mean we need to stop here. Take it down!"

"W̵h̵y̴?̶"
the apparition asked, drifting toward Diyem, who swatted it away.

Off to the side, Soda was trying to ignore a Piplup crawling in his hair, whispering something to him that seemed to be getting to his head.

Sword was getting in an argument with a false Lucario.

Xernatus was fleeing from a Xerneas, calling him a body thief.

Eien was holding strong, but seemed to be nervous about a growing crowd of ghostly Zygarde.

"̵Y̵o̸u̶ ̵r̶e̴a̷l̸l̸y̵ ̵w̸a̷n̵t̶ ̵t̸o̷ ̴k̵i̴l̸l̷ ̸m̸e̶.̸.̶.̸?̴ ̶I̸ ̴a̷m̵.̴.̴.̸ ̵j̴u̵s̸t̷ ̸s̶h̴o̵w̷i̵n̸g̵ ̵t̶h̸e̷ ̴t̴r̵u̵t̷h̸.̵ ̸A̴r̶e̷ ̵y̸o̷u̷ ̷a̵f̸r̷a̸i̴d̶.̶.̸.̶?̸ ̴E̷v̵e̶r̸y̵o̸n̷e̴.̴.̴.̷ ̸a̵l̷w̷a̶y̷s̵ ̵i̷s̷.̶.̸.̶ ̶a̶f̷r̵a̶i̶d̵ of the dark... of the unknown.̸"̸

The shield pulsed to life. Something sprouted from above, shooting into what must have been the sky, at least from their current formation.

"Aw, crap, I recognize that!" Cal cried. "It's...!"

"̴I̵n̴ ̴t̶h̶e̸ ̸e̸n̵d̵.̴.̸.̴ ̵I̴ ̴w̸i̵l̸l̷ ̷h̷a̶v̵e̸ ̶t̶o̸ ̶f̶o̷r̸c̷e̶ ̶a̷l̶l̵ ̴o̷f̷ ̷y̸o̷u̵.̶.̵.̷ ̵t̷o̴ ̸s̵e̶e̸.̸.̴.̵"̴

There was a moment of clarity in its voice.

"This Eternal Truth."

The Core Shell formed 10 Eternal Protects!

The creature within fired into the sky, preparing Eternal Blacklight Cataclysm!

Eternal Barrier: 9,814, +10 Eternal Protects

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave glanced back toward where the Light Power had been, where Soda was still struggling with his powers, mind racing over whether to ask him to do whatever it was he was going to to protect them against the oncoming barrage, but before he could ask, he noticed the small blue Pokémon crawling through his hair, Soda distracted and staring, and an icy chill went through him.

"S-- hey! Soda! Focus, it's not her!" He turned toward the great pulsating barrier. "The fucking truth?" he snarled. "Guess what, last time you exploited his dead wife you were objectively filling him up with lies. Fuck you!"

Could he get it away somehow? Odor Sleuth? Probably not. They had to take down that barrier anyhow. Fuck. Fuck.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Attack, defend, counterattack. The rythym felt natural, second nature by name, each member of the team splitting off and attacking. They knew what to do, where to go, how to leverage their powers against this thing.

But Xernatus did not.

In a momentary lull between strikes he spotted him, frantically fleeing from one of the Blacklight's illusions, calling out taunts and lies - no, not lies.

Body snatcher.

Something far more lethal, far more dangerous. And all too similar to thoughts that had haunted Koa's own mind. Half-truths.

Koa's hackles rose and he turned towards Xernatus. "Xernatus!" he called, his voice rising above the din of battle. "You were a body snatcher! But thats not who you are anymore. Thats not the whole truth! You chose to change, you chose to become something better, someone better. You chose to come here today to fight. You chose to defend Cibus. You're not a body snatcher anymore, you're a hero and a protector. And you're my friend. That's the truth!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Dill!" Saltiv cried out, as the Living Power struck him hard. They ran over towards him and asked, "Are you ok?"

They laid a vine on the Feraligatr, as they glanced around. The flames were all gone, and the team was in mostly good shape, though Starr was hurt, Astrid was doing what she did best, and--

They saw Sword arguing with a Lucario. What were they doing? Shield...

Just an illusion. It was just an illusion, but Sword was distracted. They had to help.

The connection line between them and Sword surged with energy, as they called out. "Sword! Focus! He's not real! Shield's back at Cibus, rooting for you!"

"Stay strong, for Shield, for us, for everyone!"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
The sphere of brilliant energy went down as expected, but damn if it didn't burn like hell to get hit by its searing light as it flickered out. And there was still the amalgam entity itself, striking from inside its shell, and that hurt even fucking worse. Goddamnit, ranger, fight through it.

Elsewhere, the posse's allies were faltering against conjured nightmares. They needed help. She couldn't help them all, but she could help Diyem. She roared across the Null Realm to him, in voice and in mind.

"Chief, keep yer mind on the mission! Don't let anyone go down to this attack, y'hear me? That's yer responsibility!"

As for her... She wouldn't go down. Brisa always clung on by the skin of her teeth. Countless times, now. She'd do it again.

Brisa used Endure! She's filled with D E T E R M I N A T I O N !

One of those surges of fortifying energy hit her and – with Aria's training and sheer fucking bravado – she vanished, over and over, a living lightning bolt, perceiving shatter-lines in the shell's Eterna shielding in an instant, and striking them in that same instant. She was nothing but a pathway for kinetic energy. Unkillable.

She came to a stop not so far from Sword, quailing in the face of an illusory Shield.

"Sword, don't you dare forget fer a second how much Shield believes in you, goddamnit!" she yowled. "He waved you off, didn't he? Get a grip!"

Keep yer shit t'gether, ranger.

Once again, here she was. Trailing her host, channelling exotic energy, keeping a watchful eye on what Brisa couldn't mid-fight: making up the margins. This was a fight for the fate of her world, and Luz Eterna would do her part. And to be perfectly honest...

...it was kinda fun.

But her progenitor didn't seem to feel the same way. Luz arced through the aether on a trail of silver lightning, using her temporary false-divinity for all its worth, and focused her attention on Eternatus Eien, their very own gentle destroyer.

"Hey, don't you even think on those Overseers fer a second!" she yelled, willing Eien to hear her words through whatever connection existed between them. "There's nought more important than savin' worlds, this is yer calling, so quit frettin'! Build up that power of yers! Show us the kinda storm this fight calls fer!!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
A rip opens in the air and a tall woman walks out. Glowing lines stretch across her body and white light pours from her eyes. Her golden hair streams out behind her, undulating and flowing as if underwater. Halting in mid-air, she spreads her arms out. The lines on her body burn with intensity as they grow ever brighter, infusing the air with life-giving energy.

~Starlight

An ethereal presence increased outgoing damage and reduced incoming damage!

Bahamut switched places with Nip!
Bahamut's Void Phantasm purged Brisa's Shadows!
Bahamut's Umbral Gambit protected the team from many small strikes!
Nip was Vix’s chauffeur!
Vix’s Eternal Spirit is burning! That's kinda hot! Her Radiant Wax bulked up herself, Owen, Brisa, and Starr!
Vix's Umbral Ire empowered Owen, Brisa, and Starr!
Vix drained Starr's corruption, for great Justice!
Owen’s Brilliant Aether healed Starr, Nip, and Vix!
Owen rallied Brisa to be more evasive!
Icetales’s Blacklight Quasar and Aurora Veil protected the party!
Saltriv’s pure words rallied Brisa, Bahamut, Icetales, Starr, Astrid, and Dave!
Dave’s Shining Burden bulked and protected Vix!

Dave’s Void Desperation dealt a resisted 227 damage and broke an Eternal Protect!
Brisa’s sextuple Shieldbreaker Lightningspeed struck down 7 Eternal Protects! Its defense was too high to totally break from some hits!
Brisa's Whiplash Titanic Bolt Strike took out another barrier!
Brisa's Bolt Strike, took out the final barrier!
Starr’s Shining Renegade dealt a resisted 73 damage!
Supported by Saltriv and Vix, Starr’s Titanic Blue Flare dealt 434 damage to the Barrier!
Starr's double Power Trips dealt 1013 damage to the Barrier!
Inspired by Starr, Astrid’s Null Flail dealt 470 damage to the Barrier!
Inspired by Brisa, Astrid’s Stored Power dealt 990 damage to the Barrier!
Astrid's Voidbound Null Stored Power dealt 903 damage to the Barrier!

The words of the team seemed to help snap the others out of it. The illusions were just that--illusions. And certainly Soda would be cognizant enough of that, so he ignored the lingering Piplup and focused on his own work. Diyem turned away from the pleading Charmander and focused instead on the others.

Diyem looked like he was about to try to defend Astrid somehow, but then shook his head and realized this wasn't going to work. He turned his attention to the others, understanding their plan.

"Very well," he growled. "I will do what I can. Eien!"

"Y-yes?!"

"To me!"

Eien moved from N to NE!
Diyem used Abyssal Channeling, chaining into Teleport! He reappeared in the South zone with Eien!
Diyem used Abyssal Blessing on Starr, granting her Endure for a turn!
Diyem used Abyssal Replica, becoming Shining Shield, targeting Vix! Vix is protected from attacks! Diyem gained +2 Detect barriers!

"Hi! Hi! I'm here! What do I do?!" Eien frantically looked around. "I'll... I'll try something!"

Eien used Recover, returning to full HP!
Eien used Eterna Siphon on Owen, stealing all of his stored attributes! But her aura prevented them from being lost!

"He-hey!" Owen felt an odd feeling crawl over him.

"I'm sorry!" Eien apologized with a bow. "Oh, goodness, you had a lot on you... What, um, what do I do with it?!"

Eien seems unsure of how to fight! She Focused to calm her nerves!

Ionys used Blinding Showtime, granting everyone Mischief and +12 Evasion for the turn!
Ionys used Blinding Mirrors, granting everyone +1 Detect!

"You shits better thank me for this when it's over!" Soda called, his voice having a noticeable strain to it. He wasn't going to be able to do that combination again for a bit.

Xernatus and Sword moved into the South zone with everyone else!
Xernatus used Eterna Guardian on Sword!
Sword used Darkwhite Chaos for further reduction!

"I hate playing defense!" Sword complained. "Fuck it up already!"

"It's about to fuck us up," Soda said. "Brace! OH GOD, BRACE!"

Eternal Blacklight Cataclysm has fallen!
Soda's Blinding Mirrors, Wide Guard, and Showtime nullified 6 of the 20 hits!
The rest...!
Astrid: Ouch
Bahamut: 14 hits, of which his Protects nullified 3, and then 44!
Brisa: 13 hits, 485!
Dave: 11 hits, 148!
Icetales: 14 hits, 108!
Nip: 14 hits, 51!
Owen: 14 hits, 141!
Saltriv: 13 hits, 172!
Starr: 14 hits, 558!
Vix: Diyem took the hit for 110!
Diyem: Nullified!
Eien: Flame blocked 7 for 735 damage, and the Shields protected 2 more! Eien took 5 hits for 76!
Soda: Miles blocked 6 hits for 697 damage, then blocked 2 more with the Protects! Soda took 561 damage!
Xernatus: 14 hits, 209!
Sword: 14 hits, 246!

"Ugh..." Owen shook his head. "that wasn't so bad, huh...?"

They saw something shining within the barrier. "S-spoke too soon--!"

The creature within followed up with Blacklight Beam against the South zone, hitting everyone but Soda!
Bahamut: 91
Brisa: 558
Dave: 208
Icetales: 174
Nip: 62
Owen: 142
Saltriv: 278
Starr: 641
Vix: Diyem blocked it for 150!
Diyem: 96
Eien: 119
Xernatus: 336
Sword: 263

Diyem skidded back, glaring behind him at those who seemed to be less defended, then nodded. "It's recharging. Take the barrier down, now! Before it does it again!" He looked at the sky as another cataclysmic meteor storm churned. At this rate, it was going to be unending... "We defended well for now, but if this keeps up... We'll run out of power."

Eternal Barrier: 5,722
Another Cataclysm is coming! It's a regular onslaught!

Owen's Insight: We can probably break through the shield now! Our real enemy is inside that barrier! That meteor storm might hurt, though...

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
After the so-called onslaught, Bahamut floated there and looked at his wings. "Did a breeze pass through or something?"

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Between breaths, Astrid caught sight of Diyem wielding Radiance and Shadows alike, just as he had on the moon. He’s finally used to it… who would’ve thought.

“Diyem!” Warefare behind her echoed off of nothing and drummed in her ears. “We need to break through before we get steamrolled!”

The Radiance surging in his vicinity caught her eye again, ever-present as it was. Idea…

“Hey. Clench your fist—clench it hard.” She glanced at Eien and sent a prayer that her soothing influence over him would remain intact in this realm. “Think of everything that makes you… mnh, no, that’s not gonna…” A deafening blast, closer this time, snapped Astrid into an intense trance. “Okay, okay, we have to—! Look at me, and… think of all the things you’ve watched us do, all this time. The things… the things we’ve had to do because you were too powerless to, to handle it on your own! How does that make you feel?! Why don’t you lift that hammer for, um, for fucking once and…”

No. No, this charade was dumb. A candid smile quickly washed off her war-face.

Gentle, yet blunt. “Let Radiance pool up in that clenched fist, and then pull. Don’t worry about what you’re grabbing, just grab. Pull in my direction, but don’t focus on me. Imagine a world with Eien and no Oversight while you do it.” She rolled out of the way of a stray meteor—a nonstop onslaught that needed to end soon. As she bounded away, she called, “—So that when you strike, you’ll be that much closer to it!”

Before poor Diyem could get a word in edgewise, she was bounding away to perform her latest explosion.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Good fucking gods that next attack would be worse. Maybe they could count on Bahamut to pull that trck of his...? Wind and weather and wonder. There was nothing for it but to bust through as fast as possible, before the situation got any less tenable. Lightning at her fists, moving faster than sight, Brisa piled on the Eternal Barrier the same as everyone else, doing what she could to wear it down, bit by bit...

She barked an exhortation at Sword – "Now, partner! Hit the bastard now!" while elsewhere in the battlespace, Luz called out the same to Eien. Good, and Astrid... Was she flash-tutoring the chief...? Oh fuck yes that'd hit like a falling moon if it worked.

"Alright, Eien, you're doin' great! Time's here to hit hard, the Barrier's goin' down! Take all yer strength an' strike true! Let 'em have it!"

Luz wondered if she could ride Eien around like a mount. That sounded like a great time. They made such a good team!

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"What the fuck are you talking about?!" But Astrid was already gone. "Rrrrrrgh..."

Cabot's Ultimate Barrage dealt a total of 1625 damage to the shield!

Mellow’s Tailwind sped up the party!
Bahamut’s Void Phantasms drained shadows from Saltriv and Dave!
Bahamut’s Umbral Gambit protected the party!
Bahamut’s Morning Sun healed and revitalized Starr, Dave, and Brisa!
Saltriv’s Void Acceptance soothed Dave, Vix, and Brisa!
Saltriv’s Pure Words reached Brisa, Dave, Bahamut, Starr, Astrid, and Vix!
Dave’s Shining Burden protected Starr!
Owen’s Aether protected Brisa, Vix, and Sword!
Vix’s Brilliant Justice drained corruption from Astrid and Starr!
Vix’s Umbral Ire powered up Brisa, Starr, and Icetales!
Icetales’s Aurora Veil protected the party!
Icetales’s Teatime let Starr restore stamina!
Icetales’s Heal Bell healed Diyem, Xernatus, Sword, and Starr!

Mellow’s Radiant Solar Beam dealt 118 damage to the Barrier!
Dave’s double Void Desperation dealt 454 damage to the Barrier!
Vix’s double Spirit Bomb dealt 69 damage to the Barrier!
Supported by Saltriv, Brisa’s Overcharged Titanic Bolt Strike dealt 415 damage to the Barrier!
Brisa’s Five-strike Extremespeed dealt 361 damage to the Barrier!
Starr’s Shining Renegade dealt 73 damage to the Barrier!
Supported by Saltriv, Starr’s Titanic Blue Flare dealt 408 damage to the Barrier!
Starr’s triple Insolent Power Trip dealt 1345 damage to the Barrier!
Inspired by Starr, Astrid’s Null Stored Power dealt 1119 damage to the Barrier!
Inspired by Brisa, Astrid’s Null Stored Power dealt 702 damage to the Barrier, destroying it!

Astrid’s Blacklight Z-Burst dealt 1248 damage to the creature within!

"Owen!" Diyem demanded.

"I--I can't tell yet. The distortion's... too strong. L-let's keep trying something!" Owen shouted.

The barrier had shattered, and the moment it did, a deluge of strange haze filled the atmosphere. It was thick despite not taking up any material space, and it made walking feel like the whole world was underwater. Thankfully, this haze thinned rapidly, but not enough to get a clear visual on the enemy.

Something was shifting inside the smoke, groaning. Thousands of groans in one unified voice. Whimpers of pain and fear, yet also malice and vengefulness. Hopelessness was contagious; Diyem felt right at home...

This was it. Finally, after peeling away at its protections and layers...

This was their foe, exposed.

"̷W̶h̶y̴ ̶w̵h̷y̶ ̴w̸h̶y̷ ̶w̸h̶y̸ ̶w̸h̶y̶?̵"̶

The voice--tone and identity impossible to discern--echoed from all directions. It was like the mist itself was talking to them in a thousand little whispers.

"̴S̵t̸o̴p̶ ̸h̵u̵r̵t̷i̴n̸g̵ ̵m̴e̶,̶ ̴s̷t̴o̶p̷ ̸s̴t̶o̷p̵ ̸s̷t̷o̸p̸ ̸s̵t̵o̶p̴.̵.̶.̸"̷

"You did this to yourself," Diyem snarled, humoring Astrid's instructions.

Diyem used Blinding Replica, Inspiring himself off of Astrid's attack!

"...Disgusting," Diyem growled. "I'll allow it."

Diyem used Abyssal Onslaught against the hazy creature, dealing a total of 4366 and 600 fixed damage!

"Nngh..." Diyem growled. "That... should have pummeled it into the ground. Yet I feel I hadn't done much at all..."

The swipe of something forced Diyem to fall back, spreading his wings for a more agile approach.

Eien used Eterna Stockpile, gaining +1 Valor!
Eien used Eternabeam, dealing a CRITICAL 406 damage and a fixed 2000 extra damage! The Stored Powers followed up, dealing a CRITICAL 1205 damage!
Eien used another Eterna Stockpile, and then Eternabeam for 455 damage!

"I'm... I'm sorry, but that's the best I can do for now. I need more power... Just a little more, I'm so close...!"

"Fuck this thing," Soda hissed. "Hey! Over here! I'm not gonna let you try to take out those idiots! I'M your real threat!" Soda knew he was going to regret this. He had a feeling it had a technique he couldn't dodge... But he had to do it. For them. He owed it to them.

Soda used Blinding Dazzle, gaining Follow Me and True Dodge for one turn!

"Starting to get my strength back, heh..." Soda shook his head.

"Looks like this thing has weak points, whatever it is! SWORD POWERRRRR!"

Sword used Swords Dance one last time!
Sword used Behemoth Blade against the hazy presence, dealing 755 damage!

"The fuck?!" Sword, exasperated, said as she flipped back to being a Mew. "That was my best attack! You should be headless!"

"Does it even have a head? I--I can't see..." Owen was wheezing. Something about the haze was sapping his strength... Everyone would feel the same.

Sword looked up. Something was coming.

"Xernatus?" Owen called. "Are you okay?"

"I... c-can't move..."

Xernatus is unable to act!

The Cataclysm is falling! So far, 4 hits have fallen...!
Astrid: Guarded by Mellow!
Bahamut: Blocked and dodged!
Brisa: Blocked and dodged!
Dave: Blocked and dodged!
Icetales: A partial-grazing 156
Mellow 1315
Owen: Protect, then 47!
Saltriv: 88
Starr: Protect and dodge!
Vix: Protect!
Diyem: 25
Eien: 26
Ionys: Dodged!
Xernatus: 461
Sword: Protect, and then 331!

--

Bahamut looked at the approaching meteors. "... tch. What drivel." He floated toward Diyem, head tendrils twitching.

"It would appear... my emptiness can serve a purpose after all." The necrozma had his usual stoicism. "How fortuitous."

With a flap of his wings, Bahamut rose higher. His satchel jostled and Polaris poked its head out and waved a tiny piece of parchment. "Oh, oh, you've gotta read this!"

Bahamut's multicolored eyes narrowed. A begrudging growl rumbled in his crystalline beak as he faced down the oncoming meteors.

"Very well. You've forced me to use ten percent of my power."

With a jovial grin, Polaris pressed its pom-poms against Bahamut's crystalline leg. A distorted purple aura surrounded him. The meteors rained down, only to be trapped within the distortion and swallowed into Bahamut's body. His grayscale form pulsated with ripples of black, gold, and purple.

When the last meteor vanished, so to did the distortion. Bahamut drifted back toward the ground.

"Hmph. Real strength isn't a constant stream of showboating with bright lights and explosions.” Bahamut didn’t look at anyone in particular. “It's a single, definitive action.”

--

Bahamut's Eternal Spirit activated, canceling out the rest of the attack completely! He absorbed the attack and healed for 518 damage!

The Eternal Blacklight set its attention on Bahamut, but a flickering light seemed to draw it away on some primal level, if it even had such instincts. It faced Soda.

"̶B̷e̴t̸r̴a̸y̶e̷d̴.̸.̶.̷ ̷b̵e̴t̶r̴a̶y̵e̶d̵ ̸b̴e̸t̴r̴a̶y̵e̸d̷ ̵b̵e̸t̸r̴a̵y̴e̶d̸.̷.̷.̵"̶

"Yeah, what of it?!" Soda shouted. "You messed with my head! This is payback! You... aren't gonna survive against them, y'know that?! We're here to put an end to all this! So it'll... just..."

The fur on Soda's arms rose. There was a tingling sensation in the air. In this haze, he saw echoes of the five powers forming again, but not yet. But central to it all was something else... A power he recognized all too well.

With a morbid smirk, he could only find solace that it hadn't been aimed at them.

"Guess I deserve this one," he muttered. He braced, glancing to his left, and then shifted his weight to the right--

The Eternal Blacklight used Lunatic Cannon on Soda, dealing 5771 damage! Soda... was nowhere to be found!

Owen gasped, looking around frantically. "S-Soda?" he called. "SODA?!"

"What? Owen, focus!"

"I--I can't find Soda. He just--a-after that attack, he...!"

The Eternal Blacklight made another low rumble. Even if they covered their ears and tried to drown it out, this one was impossible to ignore. That thing in the haze shifted around, dark clouds obscuring it more, as they all drew in closer to the beast within.

Then, all became quiet. Muted, for a single instant.

They could scarcely breathe. It was like time had stopped.

A wave of crackling, five-powered energy exploded outward, unavoidable, as the haze reacted to it like a catalyst. Screams or grunts of pain and surprise from nearly the whole team followed, sending them flying hundreds of feet away before coming to a stop.

The power left them. It was hard to tell in the strange atmosphere, but everything suddenly seemed so much bigger, their powers dampened, like something had been locked around their spiritual chests and even more tugged away.

Worst of all, it felt like that connection they had with Cibus had suddenly become faint and tenuous, thinning and thinning until it was like a thread of silk.

It felt like the world had closed itself off. And with it, the Hope they had tried to smuggle in...

The Eternal Blacklight used Eternity's Beginning!

The team lost their Eterna boost, and their HP returned to normal!
Eterna powers have been suppressed!
Action count has been halved, rounding down, and Diyem, Eien, Xernatus, and Sword's actions have been locked to 1!
The Eternal Blacklight overhealed to 150,000 HP!
The Eternal Blacklight gained +1 Valor!

The Eternal Blacklight was the god of this world, and its only native resident. This was its domain. And now, they had no choice but to fight by its rules...

Was there anything they could do? Or... was this it?

The Eternal Blacklight: 150,000

Owen's insight: It'll just heal... no matter what we try. And it'll keep getting stronger. We can barely move. And it's about to attack again! And Soda's... He can't be...?

Do we run?

No... Pop warned us about this. There has to be something. But... but what was it? I can't remember...

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
The cannonblast was deafening, and one moment Soda was there and the next he just wasn't. Dave looked wildly around for where he'd pop back out of the air. Owen was yelling that he couldn't find him.

"Soda...? Hey, Soda!" Didn't mean anything. Soda'd spent half their Colosseum fight fucking disappearing. He clenched his teeth, staring at the spot where he'd vanished, waiting for him to reappear.

Everything rumbled and quieted and then exploded. Dave was thrown back in a heap, and when he struggled back to his feet, vision swimming, everything was bigger. His connection to Mia felt hazy, like a radio just out of range. He turned sharply to find her sprawled on the ground behind him. She pushed herself up by her scythes, but then stopped, her glowing eyes narrowed in concentration.

"This is weird," she said. "I think there's no point getting up."

"Mia, what the fuck are you talking about." Dave scanned the skies again. Still no Soda.

"It's just going to kill us," Mia said slowly. Her eyes were thin slits. "Why do I think that? That's weird. We always win, even when something like this happens. It doesn't make sense."

Dave's heart raced sickeningly in his chest. "Mia, stop with that shit, it's just fucking with your head."

Mia paused, still hunched over, the glow of her eyes and scythes flickering. "I think I'm sick."

"You're not sick. We're going to be fine." Mia rose upright, wobbling strangely on her feet, and he caught her before she could fall. "Mia, stay with me! You're fine!"

"It's weird," Mia muttered, draped over him. "It's making me think it's going to kill you. I don't like it."

Dave's paw tightened around her. He stared over the strange space, at everyone, small and weak and crawling to their feet. "Soda, this isn't fucking funny!" he snarled at nothing. "Get back here!"

Shadow stared toward their enemy, god of this realm, and trembled.

"Is that all?!" Dave screamed at the writhing mass in the haze. "Fuck you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom