• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Natural Cure Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 4 - Gen and Wallace Need Comfort

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
After a bit of a walk with his small, stumpy legs, Gen made it to the infirmary. He hated this body. He hated it so, so much. And he was free of it for five minutes, only for all that to happen.

He sighed, his fur still damp from tears.

He looked up towards whoever was running the infirmary currently, and asked, "U-um...do you kn-know where Wallace is?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Right this way," Nurse Joy said kindly, leading him to one of the private quiet rooms in the back. Inside was Wallace, although he seemed a bit worse for the wear...

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen trembled as he waddled into Wallace's room, gasping as he saw the state of him.

"...u-uncle Wallace?" Gen stammered, gripping onto his reunion cape. "Are...are you o-ok?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"O-oh...ok..." Gen said, gripping onto his reunion cape. "I...I'm sorry I c-couldn't help..."

Useless, useless, why was he so useless?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Oh.

That...

"Y-you're...not bad. You're n-not bad at all," Gen did, trembling.

But...if Wallace already has someone he wants to spend the rest of his life with in his own world...then...

Unless...?

"I...I was going to a-ask...if you'd l-like to come live in G-Goldenrod with me," Gen suggested. "M-maybe you and y-your wife can both come?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Oh...then...that wasn't an option...

But...maybe...

"Um...g-give me a minute..." Gen said. He pried his scalchop off his chest, and took Veri's Dagger out of his bag. He hesitated, then put the knife on the floor, before slashing at the blade with his scalchop...until a tiny fragment broke off of the knife.

He put the knife back in his bag, the scalchop back on his chest, and took the fragment in his paw, wincing as it cut into him. But he had to be, had to stay strong, so he could see his new uncle again.

He waddled over to his uncle's bedside, and dropped the knife fragment, red beginning to stain his paw. "H-here. It...it should work j-just as well as my knife. If...if you ever want to come s-see me, just...slice the fragment through the air while thinking o-of me, and a p-portal will open."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I l-love you, uncle," Gen said, smiling up at Wallace. "And...I-I'm ok."

Maybe...things really could get better.

Goodnight

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate woke freezing, his head pounding, nausea backing up his throat every time he moved. And he needed to move, because even in his barely-conscious state,not sure where he was or why, he recognized that itching, tingling sensation.

"What are you--?" he started, the words starting mushy but growing stronger. He searched frantically for the--audino, who had paws out, releasing a heal pulse straight into him. His heart lurched, and his vision fizzed because No! Can't be!

"What the fuck are you doing?" he tried to yell in what actually came out as a croak. "Are trying to fucking kill me?" He took a swipe at the audino but fell far short, then tasted bile as his vision swam from the effort.

That did startle the audino, who squeaked and stopped the attack. Nate fell back against the pillow gasping for air and starting in on a miserable cough. At least the audino wasn't filling him up with poison anymore, but he couldn't relax. Any second now it would start in again and he'd be trapped here, the last of his energy ebbing away, the flesh melting off his bones even as his wounds closed, and what wounds, what audino, where the fuck was he and what the hell was going on?

Nate managed to lever himself up off the bed, though only one arm would take his weight. (Okay, there was at least one wound.) "Don't," he started when he saw the audino start to move. The nurse pokémon, if that's what it was (impossible) stared at him wide-eyed. Nate kept pushing himself up, leaning, trying to clamber out of the bed. "Don't you even start, you piece of--no!"

The audino had pressed a button, and Nate sagged as heaviness swept over him, an awful smothering blanket. The audino felt far away. The pain was gone. No. He had to stay awake. Black haze rimmed his vision. Got to stay awake. Got to... move...

He felt maybe like he was falling. Had fallen? The light was at a bad angle. Had to stay awake. Had to--

N3: Loving Words From Home

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"So what you're saying is..." Clovis began.

"Yeah," Odette replied, nodding toward the camera of her phone.

"Some madlad blasted ya with an icy flame," Guzma continued.

"Yep."

"And your bite wouldn't respond to the cream," Clovis added.

"Uh huh."

"And on top of that people are going missin' and this only happened in the first place because y'all are tryna figure out who's doin' it," Guzma finished.

"Basically."

"And you're not even in our world right now," Clovis interjected.

"...yeah. I think you two got the gist," Odette groused.

Neither of them said anything. Odette went on gnawing at her lower lip as she stared at their blank faces through her phone screen. After a while, they looked at one another. Suddenly, Guzma left the view, and she heard the sound of their bed blankets rustling.

"Alright, I'm callin' a helicopter and we're comin' to get ya," he said sternly from off camera. Clovis's expression quickly morphed into one that was a tad angrier.

"My ass we're calling a helicopter," he spat. "Call a fucking boat."

"What, why?"

Clovis wildly gestured to himself with his free hand, the camera shaking with the force of his movement. "Guz, what good am I going to do in rescuing her if I'm throwing up all over the place?"

"Shit, you're right. Speedboat it is."

Odette rolled her eyes and exhaled loudly. "Guys, nobody's flying or sailing in to 'rescue' me. I couldn't even tell you where I am. It's one of those multiverse things, remember?"

Clovis sighed gruffly as he began to rub at his eyes. Meanwhile, she could hear Guzma cursing to himself. However, that quickly morphed into the sound of him rushing back over to the bed. "Oh," he shouted. With some more rustling of the blankets, he crawled back into view.

"I did one of those before I met either one of ya," he said excitedly. "We played Lycanrock. If there's a girl there with orange hair--I think her name started with an R--it's her. Get rid of her, then it'll be fine and ya can get the fuck out of there."

He suddenly narrowed his eyes as he began to rub at his chin. "There was also this fuckin' bird who threw me across the damn town. Watch out for her too; I'd suggest clubbin' her a lil'."

Clovis's eyes widened. "Who threw you? Are you okay?"

"̴W̷A̷I̵T̵,̷"̸ Odile sputtered as she jumped onto Odette's infirmary bed. She didn't bother to be careful as she leaned into her lap, doing whatever she could to get in view of the camera. "̸D̶I̷D̷ ̴T̵H̵E̶ ̸B̵I̸R̸D̶ ̸L̸O̴O̶K̴ ̵L̸I̶K̷E̴ ̶Y̸V̸E̸L̴T̵A̶L̵?̷"̷

"Holy mother of fuck, yes," Guzma gasped.

Odile proceeded to snatch the phone out of Odette's hand. "̴G̶U̶Z̷M̵A̷.̷ W̸E̴ ̶N̴E̸E̶D̵.̸ ̴T̴O̵ ̴G̶O̵.̴ ̷O̴N̷ ̵A̶ ̶B̶I̵T̴C̵H̴ ̶H̶U̸N̷T̴."̴

"Guys," Odette yelled. She'd been trying to be quiet and mindful of her fellow injured trainers, but her irritation was getting the best of her. It was hard enough to tell them everything as it was. When all fell silent, she lowered her voice. "I love this bonding moment," she snatched the phone back, "but there's no Yveltals here. And there's no girls with orange pigtails. But I'll keep my eye out."

Clovis took a leveling breath and held up one of his hands, as if he were trying to settle a crowd. Or himself, because his eyes were waltzing with absolute panic; it was clear as day, even through the phone. "Okay. Let me just go down the list. Besides your burn, are you hurt?"

"No."

"Has your blood pressure dipped?"

She hesitated. "Once, but it was only for a second."

His frown deepened. "Have you gotten into a fight with anybody?"

She bobbed her head for a second, considering her response. "Technically, no."

He responded with was a deep, anxiety filled sigh. "I need to figure out how to universe hop on my own. All this is doing is making my chest hurt, motherfucker..."

"Ya sure that's not just all the pecha smoke in your lungs?" Guzma asked flatly. The look he received in response was one Clovis had only started making once they started dating. A glare that was endearing as it was absolutely horrific. But all it did was make Guzma snicker.

"I'll go sleep in the guest room," Clovis threatened. "And I'll take the weighted blanket with me."

At that, Guzma suddenly looked extremely offended. "No, it's my weighted blanket. Ya even had it embroidered with my name, ya heartless bitch whore."

"If you're going to insult me, at least do it in Kalosian like we've taught you."

Guzma's eyes widened in onset fear. "Uhhhhhhhhhh..." he stalled. "Saaaans...coeurrrr..." he scrunched his nose in concentation, "chienne...poutine."

Odette stared at the screen, almost as hard as Clovis had been staring at Guzma. It wasn't long before they both started giggling.

"I said 'poutine' on purpose, ya Kalosian freaks," Guzma screeched over their quiet laughter. He jabbed a finger into Clovis's cheek, which only increased the volume of his giggles. "You are a bitch plate of fries with cheese curds and gravy. Suck my ass, both of ya."

"You tried. That's what matters," Odette chuckled.

"Well, you're both smilin' now; that's what matters," Guzma replied before blowing her a kiss.

"̶G̸e̵t̴ ̸a̵ ̷f̵u̶c̶k̷i̷n̵g̷ ̵r̶o̴o̶m̵,̴"̶ Odile gagged, shoving her head under a pillow.

Fuck. Odette would keep saying it; she'd keep thinking it. She wished she was back home with them. But that prospect seemed further away than ever before.

"It was needed, so I appreciate it," she said, ignoring Odile's words. "Clearly there's too much happening here for me to remember how to laugh."

That got another sigh out of Clovis. "Well, what do you know so far about the missing trainers? Any leads?"

"Yellow 'mon. Psychic energy. Weird smell in one of the missing person's rooms. Cops here know jack fucking all, or are purposely keeping shit from us."

She began to rub her temple. "I need Noel here; we'd have figured this out already. I don't have some big rich organization backing my escapades here, either, so that's definitely not helping."

"Well, you've got the scariest fuckin' 'mon I've ever seen and the most polite 'mon I've ever seen, so nobody's even gonna think about fuckin' with ya," Guzma said. "That's already an advantage."

He really tried, but Odette could hear it in his voice. It sounded more like he was trying to convince himself of that. She decided not to point that out, for all their sakes.

"And you're sure that the one who got shot isn't doing it?" Clovis asked. He sounded cautious, and she knew why.

Nonetheless, she flinched a little at the question and was quick to start shaking her head. "You would think, but no. Just insane."

"I'm sorry," Clovis said strongly, as if trying to backtrack. "I just...wanted to be sure."

"I don't blame you. I'm alright, I think I just need to sleep it off."

He deserved it.

"Yes, ya do," Guzma said, nodding. "Sleep it off, and from now on, I want hourly text updates." His shoulders suddenly tensed. "Just so we know you're okay, and...since we can't come get ya, y'know?"

He very much did not like saying that. She couldn't help but frown.

"I'll do you one better; every 45 minutes," she said. "I'll set a timer or I'll have Enora remind me."

"That'll definitely put me a little more at ease," Clovis agreed.

Next thing she knew, they were silent. It was a heavy silence; one that she managed to feel through the phone screen.

"I'm still here. I'll be okay, and you can call me whenever. It's okay," she said.

She took a very deep breath. "I love you both."

Rare words to come out of her mouth. She'd have much rather thrown her arms around both their necks and littered their dumb stupid faces with kisses. But she very well could not do that at the moment, and she hoped the words would be a good placeholder for that instead.

"I love you more," Clovis said.

"I love you more-est," Guzma said.

She didn't realize just how much she needed to hear them back, either. But she suddenly felt like she might be able to sleep tonight.

<><><><><><><><><><><>​

Last edited:

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Drifting in and out of consciousness, Wes couldn’t be sure what was real and what was just a feverish hallucination. He dimly recalled people talking to him…a brief flash Novo standing over him and snarling at anyone who came close…distant voices, coming and going…at one point, he thought he heard someone nearby screaming as if stuck in a nightmare…and—

His hands are red. Bright red with blood that isn’t his. In front of him is a ragged heap of black and yellow fur, barely breathing…

Broken, heaving sobs. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to, I didn’t want—I’m sorry—I didn’t—it’s my fault—”

“Hey, hey, kid. Look at me.
Look at me. Everything is going to be fine. I can fix this if you do what I say.”

No.

“Just listen to me and everything will be okay, I promise.”

No. No, it won’t—don’t—please—don’t—

A flash, and suddenly it’s a different time, different place, in a dimly lit room, with a weak smile pulling at bloodied lips and a sentence whispered out on a final, rattling breath—

“Do good, kid.”

NO—

Wes jolted awake in a cold sweat, gasping as though he’d been underwater for too long. He lay there for a moment, shaking, gripping the blankets so tightly his hands ached, until—

“Mmmbrrr?”

A dark shape beside him stirred and raised its head. Novo blinked at him, then pricked his ears forward and trilled softly, nuzzling into Wes’ chest. “Brrrrt.”

Wes slowly unclenched his fist to stroke Novo’s fur, just to check that he was real. That he was really here, healthy and whole and alive and not lying torn and bloodied in front of him—

Wes sucked in a sharp breath and closed his eyes. Stop. Stop it. Everything’s fine.

He opened his eyes again and took in his surroundings. A hospital bed, of sorts, with curtains drawn around it. Neo asleep and snoring softly at his feet. How…?

He made an attempt to sit up—then immediately collapsed back onto the bed again, hissing through clenched teeth. His side was screaming at him as though someone had injected hot lava directly into his veins. What in the hell—

Then it all came back to him. The beach. The Espeon. The knife.

That damned bastard. Wes snarled and spat out a string of curses that would have impressed even Lon. Gods, even in a different body all he’d cared about was trying to kill him. And for no damn reason. Wes wasn’t sure whether he was disgusted or embarrassed at the thought that that prick was actually another version of himself in some other world. Maybe it was a healthy dose of both.

Novo nudged Wes with his nose, looking at him intently. Wes let out a tense breath and rubbed the Umbreon’s ears. “I’m fine, Nov,” he said, surprising himself with how hoarse and weak his voice was.

He looked around the room once more. “I guess this is…the infirmary?” Novo responded with an affirmative chirp.

Now that he wasn’t so buried in his thoughts, Wes could actually hear a few quiet conversations around him. He thought that maybe he recognized Odette’s voice, but he didn’t really have any desire to find out. He wasn’t in the mood for chit-chat with anyone, not after…everything.

A yell from the other side of the infirmary made both Wes and Novo jump. He caught wind of a slurred stream of steady curses; someone was very angry and very drugged. Actually, the voice sounded familiar…was that…Mitch? He couldn’t be sure, because it didn’t take long for the cursing to die down and fade into eerie silence.

How comforting.

Wes sighed and sank into the pillow behind him. He was suddenly very tired. A residual effect from the venom and the toll it had taken on his body, no doubt. At the very least, this time didn’t feel nearly as horrible as his first experience…was it because of the medicine, maybe? Did this world have extremely advanced medicine, or was he just used to Orre’s nonexistent health resources?

Ha. Most likely the latter. He snorted a little, then winced when his side shrieked in protest. He hoped that at least being here meant they were safer, though somehow he doubted that.

Might as well stay here for the night…conserve energy and…all that. Yeah. That was it. It certainly didn’t have anything to do with the fact that he felt safer in a room of multiple people.

Novo rested his chin on his trainer’s chest, purring softly. Before long, Wes found himself drifting off to a much more peaceful sleep.

Once he was satisfied that Wes was asleep, Novo carefully slipped out from under his arm and hopped to the floor. He paused to take a long, luxurious stretch; he hadn’t dared to leave Wes’ side until he regained consciousness, remaining coiled on the bed for many hours.

After stretching, he shook the restlessness from his pelt, angled his ears back, and began sniffing every nook and cranny he could find. Time to get to work, and hopefully find some answers.

Novo used Odor Sleuth! @Flyg0n

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Novo used Odor Sleuth! Novo sniffed something out!

The infirmary was positively teeming with scents. Blood and herbs and medicine and sweat. Fear and anger. Cleaning products. Food brought in to hungry patients.

But Novo was clever. Clever enough to know that a chicken sandwich wouldn't catch the guilty party.

No, he was on the hunt for more than that. And not even the brief whiff of bacon drifting from a room was enough to distract.

A thorough search of the inside reveals nothing out of the ordinary. But outside... Outside a scent lingers. One almost familiar. In fact it almost seems berry-like? It's not unlike the sweet smell from that room before, the place he'd checked out with the nice Mightyena. But it's a little different too. Like it's only one part of it perhaps?

The scent is faint, and it seems to lack a distinct trail. But it's there. It seems to be hanging around the outside of the infirmary, lingering in the air.

Novo files it away. This is important, somehow. He's sure of it... Right?

Last edited:

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes was amazed at how much better he felt in the morning. He’d never have guessed the pain would have been reduced so quickly, considering how miserable he’d been last night, he sure as hell wasn’t going to complain about it.

Novo was particularly antsy this morning, and as soon as Wes stirred awake, he had hopped off the bed and was ready to go, chittering and pacing and fidgeting. Wes frowned. “What’s gotten into you?”

He got out of bed and dressed himself, moving much slower than usual. Perhaps he’d spoken too soon; the pain was definitely more manageable, but his side still flared up at sudden or specific movements. As he did so, he noticed a note on his bedside table:

Hey. Sorry about what happened back there. I mean, I didn't stab you, but still.

Felt like you might be in the infirmary for a bit. I'll probably stop by at some
point, but I figure I should probably give you my phone number. Least I can
do after everything is stop you from dying of boredom. Would be a shitty way
to go after all that.

-Gladion, ***-***-****

Wes snorted and couldn’t help but grin. Well, it was at least good to know there were a few sane people on this island. Sane people that he could now touch base with, even…oh, right, he’d gotten Kimiko’s number, too. And that…talking Tropius.

…What a day yesterday had been.

He shot a quick message to Gladion:
don’t think I have to worry about dying boredom here. might be a tad concerned about other possibilities though.
…that was a bit morbid. He decided to add more.

thanks for the offer. should meet up soon. have some urgent info to share. P.S. stay away from infirmary, shady as hell

…okay, not really any less morbid. Whatever. He pressed send anyway. He didn’t really have it in him to sugarcoat things after the events of yesterday. Texting was awful enough as it was.

Novo continued pacing, chattering and chirping. He was clearly trying to tell Wes something, though hell if he knew what. “All right, okay, slow down, just…”

He eased himself into a chair beside the bed, annoyed at how breathless he was already. Damn, today was going to be a slog, wasn’t it…

With Neo’s help, Novo managed to communicate via telepathic emotions and inform them that the same smell they’d found in Franklin’s room was also the same one he’d detected here. Here, in the infirmary. Once the information finally clicked, Wes felt a chill run down his spine. Gods have mercy. And to think he’d felt safer here last night than in their own room…

“Right, okay, that settles it,” he said in a low voice, glancing around warily in case a nurse or nurse Pokémon was nearby. “We’re getting the hell out of here.”

@Shiny Phantump

<<<<<<>>>>>>

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
don’t think I have to worry about dying boredom here. might be a tad concerned about other possibilities though.
hanks for the offer. should meet up soon. have some urgent info to share. P.S. stay away from infirmary, shady as hell
In a moment, Wes’ phone would go off.

Hey, glad you’re awake. Will make sure only to get stabbed in other people’s bodies so I don’t end up in the infirmary. I’ll make sure to come by asap, but someone got nicked AGAIN so I might be a bit.

Day 4: What The Hell Happened Here?

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Not for the first time in his life, Wes found himself being blamed for something he didn't do.

Everyone he walked by glared at him like he'd punched every kid in an orphanage or some shit. He even had a fucking police escort now, for fuck's sake.

And all this over something he didn't do. Something he didn't even know about.

So, because of all this bullshit, he was in the infirmary, waiting for Nico to be fully healed after he'd been fucking shot.

Thankfully, it seemed that his partner would make a full recovery (apparently the healthcare here was astounding), but still, the fact remained that Nico had been shot in the first place. What kind of bullshit had gone down at the cove?

I'll find the fucker that shot you, and I'll fucking kill them. I swear it to the gods above, I fucking will.

He couldn't actually voice these thoughts as he normally would, thanks to one of the officer's pokémon partners being close by, watching him with a cold, stern eye.

--

Merian sat hunched over, staring at the wall. He knew he should have been elated to be in Bao's company again, but... no. The circumstances were far too grim to allow even the tiniest shred of happiness through.

This is all my fault. I should've been able to stop Wes before anything bad happened, then none of this would be happening right now. I'm sorry, Wes, Nico... everyone that got hurt, I'm so sorry.

--

Nico stirred from his slumber, feeling bizarrely healthy after the events yesterday.

Hm, perhaps I should give credit to the quality of the healthcare here.

A nurse quickly entered, briefly checked on Nico, then communicated to Wes that his Espeon would be fine, perhaps only having a slight limp for a day or two.

They were all free to leave... provided, of course, the police escort allowed them to.

Nico stood and hopped off, stumbling a bit as his hind leg quivered from the impact. He then noticed Officer Jenny's Manectric there.

Ah. I presume my brother is most pleased to see you here.

He swiveled his head around to find Merian looking rather miserable.

Quickly using his emotional senses, he detected... various overlapping emotions. Strongest among them was indeed sadness. There was also guilt, shame, disgust... several things Nico knew belonged nowhere near his happy-go-lucky brother.

I'm sorry, brother. If only we had tried to prevent all of this. Alas, it seems fate conspires against us yet again. Let us hope that the coming days bring us good fortune.

--

Wes shifted his weight awkwardly as he glanced at the Manectric.

"So, uh. I know your partner isn't here right now, but... are we allowed to leave, or...? I just want to go back to the dorms and just kind of coop myself up in there until this is all over." He chuckled a bit.

After a few seconds of painful awkwardness, the Manectric nodded and briskly walked towards the exit.

Wes signaled to Nico and Merian that it was time to go. "C'mon, we're going back to our room. Gods know we could finally use some peace and quiet."

<> <> <>

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Sweet smells. Berries. Something was up.

It was time to go back to the infirmary for some more investigation.

Sure, she trusted the staff. They were helping Wallace.

Victoria slowly entered the all-too-familiar building. ("Hello? I'm sorry to be back so soon, but I have some questions about my Trainer's medicine.")

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

"Back again?" Brea said cheerfully as Victoria entered. "I hope Wallace is doing alright. What can I help you with?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Victoria shook her head to clear those thoughts away. ("But anyway, I was going to ask you: what Berries do you use for your medicine? How do you make it? I'd like to maybe... try making it for Wallace when we get back home.")

"Certainly! I'm not sure if all the berries will be available in your world, but I'll do my best," she said cheerfully. She trotted to the desk and retrieved a notepad and pen, where she carefully began to scrawl a list. "It's very simple! First, ground Mental Herb powder helps ease migraines. You want a generous spoonful of it. I add Pecha extract because it's so bitter. Heal Powder is good for just about anything - headaches, body aches, sickness, colds. Everything! You only need a little spoon of that." She paused and squinted off into space.

"A pinch of energy root is good if he's feeling especially tired. A tip of the root should be enough for a human. And finally, if you can find it, a Touga berries, which just helps for clarity of the mind!" She finished writing and set the pen down.

"I find that blending all that with several Oran berries makes it easy for humans to take!" She handed the list to Victoria. The handwriting was a little Awkward and messy, but legible enough. "I do hope that helps; he seems terribly troubled. But... If I may ask, you seem to have something else on your mind...?"

Brea shows no signs of deception!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
("Are there any dangerous interactions with other medications I should worry about?")
Brea grinned. "That's the best part! As long as you're using good quality herbs and berries, they won't cause any issues, since it's a very natural remedy."

Victoria nodded sadly. ("They are... very troubled. I love them with all my heart, and they have a good heart and soul, but... they have many issues. I just want them to be happy again.") She tried to shake tears away. ("I try my best to be a good Pokémon, both as a trainer's Pokémon and as a therapy Pokémon. I try my best to take care of them. But sometimes... it isn't enough.")
"You must not be hard on yourself. Sometimes, all we can do for those we love is... all we can do. They too must forge their own path, and for that you are not responsible." Brea smiled reassuringly.

Victoria froze. Was she talking about Wallace, or was she talking about her questions.

("What do you mean by that?")
"Oh, pardon. I just meant that it seemed as if you had other questions for me? Have you found anything else about the missing trainers?" a note of sadness entered her voice.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Victoria’s face grew stern. “I’m sorry to pry you on this, Brea, but I was nervous about seeming nosey, but things are dire and I have to cut to the chase: have you been missing any Berries? Have any Berries been suddenly disappearing?”
"It's no bother," she said softly. "I want to help however I can. I'm not very good with investigating or talking to people, I just know about healing but..." she put a paw to her chin. "Yes, now that you mention it, Leavanny said a few berries were taken from the grove in the back. Weird ones. Topo, Drash, Ginema and Eggant berries. What's odd is they're not particularly useful for much. They don't make good medicine, they're not effective in a battle... Sometimes they're used for cooking but the chef already confirmed no one in any of the kitchen's has used any. But someone must have wanted those for something."

She frowned and shook her head to herself. "And I am certain if it was wild pokemon, they would have picked something like Oran berries. Those ones don't even taste very good by themselves. Whoever took them has to have taken them for something else."

Her brow furrowed. "I don't know..."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Victoria nodded as Brea spoke. She seemed distressed.

("I've heard of those berries. Pretty rare and coveted in the Hoenn region, but every once in a while, you'll see Coordinators use them in Pokéblocks. I hear sometimes those plants can mutate into Enigma berries. Do these berries have any sort of effects you can think of? Enigma berries, too.")
"Hmm... That's certainly true they can mutate but I'm not sure that's it. I think they must be for something else. And I they're simply not effective at anything else helpful I know of. Even battling pokemon don't use them. Only the chefs do sometimes. But if it's not for healing or medicine then I'm afraid I don't know...

But there must be someone here who does. I apologize I can't be more helpful than that, but good luck."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Oh! I suppose Chef Flygon might have an idea? Other than Nurse Joy and I, he knows the most about berries. Perhaps he'll know something I don't."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom