• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mystery Continent ~ Southern Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“It could follow me through my portal.”

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Pleo began to swim slower as a visible confused look began to form on his face.

"Eh? But how is that possible?" he questioned. "Eternatus doesn't know about you, so he wouldn't be there right when you exit your portal, right? And it's not like your portal would stay open for a long time, so he wouldn't be able to find it later..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"It knows about Bahamut, though. And his son." Polaris poked its pom-poms together. "And there are all the people living within it that could try something funny." It sighed. "It's just... not very safe. For anyone, really."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Pleo hesitated a moment, before shaking his head.

"I... guess...?"

The Lugia continued to swim in silence for a moment, passing a school of Wishiwashi along the way. He couldn't help but wonder if there was another reason that Polaris wasn't telling him. His explanation didn't make much sense, and it almost felt like Polaris was just afraid of visiting Bahamut's world, regardless of the threat Eternatus could pose to other worlds.

... Then again, didn't Polaris hide in his core and change into a completely different person after seeing more of Bahamut's memories? Could that have something to do with his reaction?

"Actually, if you don't mind me asking, Polaris..." Pleo began. "What exactly happened with those different Pokémon that you used to be? Do you still have their memories now that you're you and not... well, you know."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Huh? Uhh..." Polaris blinked a few times. "I'm not really sure what you mean. I don't really remember too much aside from waking in the middle of that big storm Eien had conjured up. Bahamut was there... and nobody else. And I know I look like his dead son but, uh, eternafied. I don't think that endears me to him."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Pleo did a double take as he glanced back at his passenger puzzledly.

"Eh? I mean when you were Esper and that other Pokémon of course!" the Lugia insisted. "Even if you don't remember what is was like to be them, you know that you used to be them at least, don't you? I mean, even after all those changes that happened, you were still Bahamut's Shade the entire time."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Polaris scrunched his face up. “The only thing that comes to mind is… the taste of freedom.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I'm not sure," Polaris replied. "Freedom doesn't even have a taste. It's not a food or anything. But you asked what I remembered, and that's the first thing that popped into my head." He paused. "Actually, it was the only thing."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Don't remember anything. Sorry." Though Polaris didn't seem remotely bothered by it.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“I think it's better this way." Polaris sighed. "Bahamut seemed to imply I wasn't a very good person originally. Not that he's a good person, either."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Pleo paused for a moment, before hesitantly nodding back.

"I guess that's fair enough then," he murmured.

The Lugia swam along, briefly wondering to himself if perhaps he should talk to Bahamut about Eternatus sometime. After a few minutes, Pleo evened out in the water and looked down towards Polaris.

"Anyway, I think we can head back to the beach unless there was more you wanted to see."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Nah, I think that'll do it." Polaris wiggled excitedly between Pleo's feet. "The views were great! Can't wait until I have more mass and can actually go underwater..."

<><><>​

Last edited:
[RD16] The Tide Goes Out (Nate, Rocky, and Ben)

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
The beach was actually kind of nice these days. A bit more sun, which brightened up even the bare rocks along the coast. And it was warm enough now that the cold wind coming off the water felt more refreshing than cutting. Even the water itself didn't feel quite so freezing.

Nate ventured in almost up to his knees, not that that was very deep at all. He could even see himself swimming, if the salt wouldn't burn his gills like hell. Not something he'd had a lot of interest in as a human, but surprise, surprise, it was somehow calming for a water-type.

Rocky was also wading around in the water, exclaiming over how he could feel how cold it was now. Making it real obvious how he'd never been anything like a proper fire-type.

He looked peaceful enough, sloshing around, and Nate hadn't been paying much attention to him, when suddenly the infernape turned around. "Hey, look!"

There was a pokémon out running along the beach. Something big, and fast. Nate squinted. An... arcanine?

"That's one of the Miracle Matters, isn't it?" Rocky said. "Come on, let's go say hi!"

Magyk

Mommy's Little Helper
Pronouns
they/them, she/her
Faster. He needed to get faster!

Ben breathed in, eyes shut as his feet tracked through the sand. He'd been training, spending his time preparing for the upcoming fight. His mentor, Aria, was mostly relaxing during her stay here, so he took it upon himself to get used to his Blacklight body again.

It was just a practice match for Team Spectrum, but Ben was certainly going to give it his all.

"Hello!"

His ears perked up, the arcanine skidded to a halt. Sand flew everywhere, hitting his already dirtied coat of fur. Ben's eyes opened and his gaze quickly fell onto the off-coloured infernape.

Seeing another mon's familiar made him feel sad.

He blinked and spotted Nate as well, he remembered seeing him when they had arrived. Ben cleared his throat. "Uh--hey, yeah, I am. Technically. I mean I was part of Miracle Matters but I didn't come from the other Cib-"

He paused, letting his breathing and mind catch up with his mouth. After he recovered he tried again. "Y-Yeah! I'm Ben, what can I do for you two?"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Oh, I know you're not really from Cibus," Rocky said, beaming. "Diyem must have brought you from somewhere, just like everybody else. Ooh! But you must have done so many cool things over there. What was your favorite part? Can you show off one of your special moves? I'm Rocky, by the way. And that's Marshtomp."

He pointed a thumb back at Nate, who was stumbling up behind him just then. "Rocky, for fuck's sake," Nate panted. "You're interrupting the guy's run. He can tell you stories anytime. Let him do his shit."

Rocky's tail waved slowly back and forth, flicking now and again with annoyance. Nate scowled and rubbed at his chest. The weird tugging feeling had subsided, but what the fuck had it been? "Well, maybe," Rocky said. His eyes gleamed with sudden inspiration, and he smiled. "Or maybe we could run together. How about that?"

Magyk

Mommy's Little Helper
Pronouns
they/them, she/her
Ben chuckled uneasily. "Woah there," he said. "Calm down. Talk any faster and you might just take off or something."

The arcanine scanned the marshtomp again. Rocky was so unlike his parent/host, but surely he was similar deep down? He was reminded of a particular gardevoir. "I can go for runs any time," he waved a quick, dismissive paw before putting it back down on the sand again. "What are you two doing out here? Getting away from the madness?"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Enjoying some fucking peace, for once, was what Nate dearly wanted to say, but no, it wasn't the arcanine's fault. Instead he wafted as much displeasure through the psychic link at Rocky as he could manage.

As usual, the familiar ignored him. "Oh, Marshtomp likes to stare at the ocean and be sad about things." Jesus Christ. "We weren't doing anything important. And I do like to run!" Rocky's flames blazed and flickered. "Arcanine are super fast, aren't they? How fast can you go? Hmm, and since you're like us, you can probably be even faster than a regular arcanine, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom