• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mystery Continent ~ Southern Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Were you not paying attention at that meeting? Soda is on the moon and, just from what we saw, probably turned it into some kind of weapon," Bahamut growled. "I was in favor of trying to coordinate something small, but your idiot siblings decided to bum rush it instead without planning anything or telling the rest of the team about it."

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
"I... guess I have some catching up to do," the Kyurem shade admitted. "Thanks for the heads-up, I guess."

Melanie headed off back for the path to Destiny Village, still bothered by her exchange with the Necrozma. Even if he was a bit of a jerk, was he right about everything he'd brought up about shades? And if so, what did that mean for them?

Melanie had just taken it for granted that things would just stay the same until it was time for Team Spectrum's members to go home. But if she and the other shades were really little Eternatus waiting to emerge...

Would that really be the case?

<><><>

R13 – Brisa & Lugia

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
The pebble beach was a good place to brood. If you wanted to keep away from things for a bit, avoid half the team, get some time alone... Hard to go wrong with a forbidding location like this. Plus there were often storms. If Brisa ever really needed to let loose, she could probably duel one here.

Her mane crackled as she stared out to sea. The Treasure Town beach had reminded her that there were more places than home, and that they could be better, and free of resentment from others. This beach was a reminder that things wouldn't always be so idyllic.

But that was too sombre a tone for her current mood. She still had a lot to be grateful for – friends new and familiar, her combat-rich lifestyle, good meals. Just a lot on her mind.

Maybe a storm would come and she could scream lightning at it until the tension was gone.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
And a storm indeed came, in the form of a sudden intensifying of winds. Air swirled and several small waterspouts rose from the sea like little serpents before dying away to even harsher winds. It cut through them, leaving a rough mist and turbulent waves. Brisa would hear, suddenly, a battle cry of some great leviathan of both sky and sea, and, to her right, a swirling and visible beam of a concentrated twister drilling right toward her.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
What the fuck—

Brisa used Brilliant Paragon! Brisa protected herself!

Radiance came without conscious thought, her unfiltered intent to survive overriding everything else. She tried to dodge, too, of course, but the golden shield around her couldn't hurt. Though this technique sure hurts, don't it? Especially when you use it alone.

But who was attacking her? And was it deliberate?

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa didn't dispell the energy within and around her just yet. Who knew if Lugia would keep testing her?

"Thank you, ma'am," she said, taking a neutral stance that could work for attentive listening while also permitting quick response to further strikes. "Though I weren't expectin' t'be set about by a legend. I didn't realise y'were lookin' to train folks 'sides yer protégé!"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa sat down as well, and the Radiance faded. Her every follicle stung, but the tension from before had left her. Worthwhile, all things considered. And that was, in a way, a compliment from a Legend that she'd just received. She smiled a little at that.

"Y'have my word that I'll do my utmost t'serve an' protect Cibus, but as I am oftentimes reminded, my body ain't built t'last. My time here is limited, as much as I wish it weren't."

Wasn't that true for all folks, if your perspective were far enough removed? It was true for Lugia.

"Limited enough that so far as I know, y'might well still be empowered yerself when I fade," she said, voice cracking for half a syllable at the end.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa responded with a wry grin. "My original body is unsightly-powerful, but I ain't exactly celebrated fer strength back home. I dunno about fear. Maybe . . . resent, is the right word. I resent that I gotta look forward t'that. I wanna do what I'm good at fer the sake of those as I can help, and t'feel like the difference I make is appreciated. I can do that here. So nah, I'm in no hurry t'get back."

She tried to get a read on Lugia's demeanor. She seemed a serious sort, when Brisa got a chance to see her in the world. Seriousness could be reassuring. OR it could mean having to be on guard for scrutiny. But there was no invasive prickling in her skull just yet.

"I confess t'bein' curious, ma'am... What've you got t'look forward to when Meringue's trainin' is complete? I happen not t'have heard precisely what happens to a former Legend. Guess I've been assumin' you'd take mortal form, though I can't say why. Which fer you, might be the first time, or ir might not...?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"It won't be my first," Lugia said, "but I've... forgotten the vast majority of details of my mortal life, you see." She sighed. "So, I will be making another one for myself, in the end. It's a scary thing, but something that I am ready for, I believe. Perhaps overdue... It is difficult for Legends to change, but the world will go on without us. Better to leave things to the new generation than try to keep up, is what I've finally decided."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa considered that. Details of lives long-passed being lost to the powers of recollection seemed to be a recurring problem for ancients like Lugia. What did that do to a person? Was it something the Wandering Light could speak of...?

"Making an entirely new life does sound daunting," remarked Brisa. "It's the sorta challenge no amount of bodily power, hard-earnt prestige, or venerability could help with, I imagine. Hmm... D'you remember your name and species at least? Though I'd understand if y'wanted a perfectly fresh start, without takin' 'em up again after so long."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa tried picturing the 'mon in front of her as an aggron – it wasn't so hard, actually. Serious, stoic, and tough as nails. Her personality matched the species' reputation.

"You talk about the change t'come in terms of yer duty to the world," said Brisa, carefully, conscious of herself. "Like ya gotta let new blood take the lead, whether y'like it or not. There must be somethin' you're lookin' forward to fer yer own sake?"

It seemed both that Lugia did not generally discuss this with anyone, but also that she was readily divulging it to Brisa. Perhaps Lugia felt more able to speak to an outworlder about such things. If so, Brisa would be glad to give her a chance to speak freely.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Lugia was a tough one to read; it was a wonder if Owen spent any time with Lugia at all such that he'd be able to provide insight.

"I am looking forward to similar things that mortals do when they retire," Lugia said. "A day away from duty. A time when I am not the strongest for a certain task. When I realize that I no longer must be the last line of defense. It can be... tiring, even if my duties are rarely called."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa made a sympathetic grimace. "Sounds like my former life. Never a day off, and responsibility fer folks' safety ended with me. 'Course, someone else could take over, nothin' stoppin' that but fer that I never felt like I could force the issue. Even the weeks without incident were no less tirin', 'cause somethin' could happen any time at all. Hm. You have yer Legendary peers as well, though, ain't that so? Y'got any kinda interdependence with 'em?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Not particularly," Lugia said. "I suppose there is always Kyogre... but those three--the ones who command the land and sea and sky--are more solitary than the rest. They have withdrawn from their duties unless something truly cataclysmic is incoming... And as we have seen with the Meteor Omen, they can easily be lulled into inaction." She snorted. "...I do not depend on anyone."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa chuckled slightly. "Y'don't strike me as one to rely on anyone but yerself, no."

It felt fucking weird relating to a god and finding herself wanting to give advice that she herself was barely able to take. What the hell would Lugia think of her? But things were going fine so far. And they could speak again, perhaps. She would ask Owen about Lugia before then, she decided.

Brisa tilted her head in thought and looked back out to sea, where Lugia was said to dwell. "...I don't say this meanin' any condescenscion, ma'am, but y'might find yerself wantin' to make a friend or two once y'step down. There ain't a thing stoppin' ya from livin' a solitary life, dependin' on nobody but yerself, and I believe you'd do that easily enough. But would it really be so different from yer life as it is, save fer that there ain't a reason fer it no more?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Making friends, hm?" Lugia chuckled. "I might, I might. As Legends, we are given minds that can whether long, long lives, and part of that is our need for companionship is lessened. But there are lingering memories of a more social life in the past, and it's not as if I'm against the idea." She hummed, thoughtful. "Usually, you can tell when a Legend is ready to retire when they begin socializing. It often comes with times of peace, when we are needed less. A clever system, if our leader had intended it..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom