• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mystery Continent ~ Northern Pines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"It'd be kinda hard to explain to Pop that you took Cola, though. And he'd definitely be mad if he found out..." Puddle hummed. "And, hell, if Maple found out... Well, hell is the perfect word to describe how that would go."

"If you wanna fuse with Soda, go ahead, just... be careful. Both of you. The best I could do if anyone catches wind of this is soak up some hits, until I evolve that is, hehe."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Rocky tilted his head and narrowed his eyes. "You're starting to sound like Diyem when he's been around Xerneas for too long," he said to Soda. "It's the red energy, isn't it? From Eien? Makes you feel really friendly?" He flicked his fingers in an awkward imitation of the gesture Soda liked to make with his claws. "But probably not. That would mean you were trying to get Cola to stay with you without promising anything, and that wouldn't be very nice."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Nah, I think I just have that effect on people," Soda said with a shrug as he rubbed under what he assumed was Cola's chin. "I sorta have a knack for, I dunno, feeling safe once you get to know me. Anyway, here's what I'm thinking. Cola... pick one of the three of us to hide with. I'm not going to Pop no matter what, but those two might. I'm also good at hiding. And whoever goes to see Pop, let me put a Veil over you. Normally that blocks almost everything, including Miracle Eye... but not anything at a divine scale. But since I've got a bit of power in me now, I can block even that.

"Pop might get suspicious of that, though. You oughta be careful. If he seems to get suspicious, you should come up with an excuse in advance that you need to go, or something. I'm not gonna be there to help. And if Pop breaks the veil, and finds out where Cola is..."

Cola shrank slightly.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"If I don't have to go to Pop, I won't. And, I dunno, if Pop saw Cola with or in any of us... he might not think much about it since Cola and I've done that before," Puddle mentioned. "Then again... the last time Cola an' I teamed up, we attacked Xerneas. For good reason! But, you know, still gotta say that."

Deep down, Puddle kinda hoped Cola would stick with him. Back at the tree was the one time Puddle felt kinda useful or strong, and at least if he and Cola were together, it wouldn't have to worry half to death about Cola.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Rocky's tail flicked, and his eyes stayed narrowed, but he didn't say anything more about Soda's power. "How about Cola goes with Puddle, then? He doesn't need to see Pop. You can put a veil on me if you want. I'll talk to Pop. And then we meet back here in a few days. Or... Or if things go bad with Pop, right away. Does that sound good?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Dunno. I think this is something we should let Cola decide," Soda replied, rubbing under Cola's chin again as he slid down into Soda's free arm, nestled in his chest fur. He purred.

"Mmm... well..." Cola considered it, then stretched, like he was getting ready for a nap. All the stress must have tuckered him out. "So it's between Soda or Puddle...?"

"Yea, you get to pick," Soda replied. "I guess either way you might be safer."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Mmmnn..." Cola curled up a little more. He seemed halfway submerged. But then, his red circles seemed to open up, and he wriggled a little, to Soda's surprise, and poured himself back onto the snow with a sigh. "I think... it might be safer to be with Puddle for now. It won't be as suspicious..."

Soda paused, blinking. The pause was longer than usual. "Right, yeah. Makes sense," he replied with a casual smile. "Guess it doesn't hurt to be careful." His gaze twitched toward Rocky for only an instant. "Right, well. Guess that's everything for now, huh? You guys keep me updated on how it goes with Pop. I've got a few more things I gotta cover."

Cola, meanwhile, stepped toward and then into Puddle's ectoplasm. Soda, meanwhile, gestured for Rocky to come closer so he could put a veil over his Core.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle's grin grew as Cola stepped into it, snickering like a doofus. Tiny, almost unnoticeable, golden specks rose off its body, and despite the cold everywhere, Puddle felt a tad warmer than usual. Not that it cared. "Awesome! It'll be like a sleepover! We can do whatever we wanna until it's time for Soda's plan an' all that!"

Setting its own excitement aside, Puddle cleared its throat and faced Soda again. "What're you gonna do now, then? Anythin' we can help with?"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Rocky smiled a little when Puddle and Cola joined together again. He was a bit jealous--of course they were going to have a lot of fun together! And Rocky had never even gotten to hang out with Cola once.

But that was all Soda's fault. He'd had to show up and cause trouble when they were just supposed to have a good time. Rocky tried to keep his face neutral as he walked over to Soda, although his ectoplasm churned a little, ripples passing across what was supposed to be his skin. He reached into his chest and pulled out his core, holding it out to the zoroark. If he was even really a zoroark anymore.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cola swam around in the ectoplasm before settling in his usual spot and position. "I dunno. Anything. I guess the team base will have to wait while Rocky goes on his mission and Soda saves the world or something..."

"Guess that's the plan," Soda said, running a claw along Rocky's Core. It was a strange, warm feeling that almost felt like a burst of energy, and then a shroud, like he was hiding under the covers that kept the monsters away. Soda pulled away and nodded. "There. One, two days, is about how much time you have. Any more and it'll be too noticeable." He pushed the Core back to Rocky's chest. "How's that feel?"

There was something oddly calming about the way Soda had bestowed that power onto him...

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"It feels pretty good!" Rocky said, and was only half successful at stifling a giggle. It always felt funny when people touched his core. "Kind of warm. Almost like when Pop made it so I couldn't hear Mudkip anymore!" Rocky made the golden band around his core glow, puffing out his chest as always. He was special! Maybe he didn't have special fur or special Arceus powers like Soda, but he was already pretty great, and he'd totally become that cool someday!

"Anyway, one or two days is plenty of time. I'm going to go right away! The only reason I didn't earlier was because Mudkip didn't want me going near Pop because he can read minds. But now he can't read my mind, so Mudkip can't be angry!" Rocky grinned at the thought of Mudkip's face if he'd heard that. Mudkip always managed to be angry.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Good luck, Rocky!" Puddle waved. Everyone seemed to be all hyper about something, 'cept Soda and Cola. "We'll be able to get our own team base after once this is all over, Cola. It'll be the best damn base out there!"

Puddle looked back at Soda, staring for a moment, then saying, "Ya know... isn't Pop just another name for Soda? And... Cola too? How did no one else, like, think about that?" it asked, humming. "I wonder if I'll get super strong if I change my name to, like, Fizzy? Or... Bubbly? Uh... Tonic?" The familiar shrugged and shook its head. "Whatever, I can think of one later."

"We'll be goin', Soda! Stay safe, or, like, keep doin' what you've been doin'."
Puddle nodded to the Godoark, melted, and started oozing back to Destiny Village. This entire thing got it thirsty as hell.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yes!" Rocky said. "The best base ever!" It was too bad they couldn't make it today because of... Hmm. Well, it didn't really matter. They'd build one later! After they saved Cola, and found a way to become real people so they didn't need to worry about Joule, either! Maybe Soda really could help them with that. He was even stronger than Rocky had realized before. And whatever Rocky had been thinking before... There wasn't any reason to be suspicious of him, really. It was so unfair, people being suspicious of him all the time. But Cola had decided not to go with him right now, so that was that.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Soda sighed, looking at Puddle go, then at Rocky. "Go do your thing," he said casually, walking around the site. "I'm gonna do some scouting as usual. May as well check on a few things, tie up some loose ends..." He rolled his eyes. "Right. See ya." And with a peace-sign with two claws, Soda faded away. The only sign that he'd been there was left in the snow, where he had once stood. Yet, there were no prints leaving the pines...

<><><>​

R12 - Secret Meeting #2

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cola felt that it would be safest to go to a place where they would be least expected to go while sleuthing. In other words, the place they always went--the pines!

And if Pop ever tried to find them, that meant maybe it would be safe to stay there, where they'd be the most and therefore least expected to be hiding.

"So... I just talk to him?" Cola asked Rocky. "What for?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"And you're sure Pop ain't gonna pull somethin', right?" Puddle asked, holding its elbows. Talking with Pop at all felt dangerous, but Puddle trusted Rocky enough to at least try this whole thing. But the second things turn sour, Puddle would... try to do something about it.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
All it took was one call to get everyone back to the pines. It wasn't Rocky's favorite spot, not after what had happened last time. Who knew if Soda was still around here somewhere, maybe hoping to influence the conversation?

But this was where Cola wanted the call to be, so this is where it would be. Rocky held his badge tight in one hand. "I went to talk to Pop, like you said," he said. "I think it went really well! But I thought it would be best for you to hear it from Pop instead of me, if you want to. You don't have to talk to him, but I think he wants to try and make things right."

He nodded to Puddle. "I don't think he'll try anything. But that's why we're out here! I didn't tell Pop where Cola was or who had him, and I had Soda's veil on me, too. So Pop doesn't know where he is. And if things go bad here, we'll split up again. Then even if Pop tracks the badge that called him back here, he won't know where Cola really is."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom