• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mt. Moxie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Thank you, for being specific. This wish is... unusual. Normally not possible in the average circumstance but you know Hazel deeply. This wish is something I can grant." she smiled a little.

"However, I'm not sure if Odette explained everything to you, but I'll need to 'borrow' a bit if the energy of your bond. It won't harm you, but it will feel very intense. Is that ok?"
Gladion let out a deep sigh of relief and nodded.

What qualified as an average-circumstances magical wish with a mythical species, he didn't know. Jirachi was confident it was possible with his knowledge, and that was what mattered. He shut his eyes and tried to picture the technical diagram of Hazel's internal electronics, in case Jirachi could, well, reference it psychically or something.

"Of course! Please, go ahead. Anything else you need to get started? Whatever it takes..."

Hazel sat down and tried to stay very still while focusing on her bond. She pictured the feeling of holding Gladion gently at night, like a plushie, while rain was falling on the roof of the motel. Cozy and safe.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Warmth spread through Jirachi as she felt the impression from both trainer and pokemon. So much had gone wrong in this celebration, but at least one thing held true - pokemon and trainer, and the love they shared.

Jirachi gently placed a paw on Hazel, and took Gladion's hand in the other. A soft smile spread across her face as she closed her eyes. This wish would be less dangerous to grant than Odette's. Personal wishes were always like that. Money, riches, knowledge. Those were all the sorts of wishes that Jirachi had to pull something from somewhere else. But this? Removing something? Giving new life, instead of taking? That was the best kind.

Her tags began to glow a pale blue, and the eye on her abdomen opened, shimmering with iridescent light. It began first as a soft tugging sensation on both Gladion and Hazel, then it intensified, feeling almost as if a small piece of them was somehow pulled away. The sensation was strange and a little draining, but also not terribly unpleasant. Enough to leave one winded, but whatever energy had been taken, it seemed to return just as fast.

Drawing on Gladion's knowledge, and the gentle strength Hazel provided, Jirachi released her power into Hazel. A pleasant buzz passed through both of them, before settling on Hazel, coaslecing around her head. It lasted a few seconds, but perhaps felt longer than that. And then Hazel would begin to feel it. All the man-made, mechanical limiters and add ons, all the parts that hurt and held her down. All disppearing. A sensation of something unlocking inside her, restraints being effortlessly and cleanly wiped away leaving behind nothing but her.

Free.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Hazel felt cool, fresh air on her face. The weight on her neck was gone. She could see freely now, could look at her own body. Trying something she hadn't had control of for five years, she closed her eyes and focused on her type.

Gladion watched as the membranes on her tail and head shifted through yellow, pink, red, and purple, before settling back on pink. Then, something echoed in his head.

“Gladion, are you hearing me?”

He threw his arms around her. "Yes. You feeling okay?"

Hazel felt something drip on her neck. She looked up to see if the ceiling was dripping, but it was not. Must have been Gladion.

She extended her voice to both Jirachi and Gladion. “I am feeling better already. Thank you. Very much. I had so many things to say if we were ever doing this, but now that it has happened… I am finding myself without words.

Gladion stroked the feathers on her head. “That’s okay. We have all the time in the world.”

After a moment more of taking it all in, he looked to Jirachi. His eyes were wet.

“Thanks. I… I think the rest of our lives just got a lot better…”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
For a moment, Jirachi turned away, wiping at her eyes. When she turned back to face them, her eyes were still misty, but she was smiling. "You're beautiful," she said to Hazel. This was her true self, Jirachi was sure. That terrible helmet gone, and her freedom returned.

"You're welcome, although I never could have done it without you. Your bond is very strong and precious. I'm glad I had the chance to meet you. Thank you."

Clink was right. The trainers of this island were special.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Hazel bowed her head. “You are welcome. It would not have been happening without you, too. If you are ever needing anything please be telling us and we will be helping... Now, how about we leave this cave? I would like to be feeling the wind in my feathers for the first time.

<><><><><>

Day 8 - Request For Backup

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb was riding on Zack, flying around the mountain and enjoying the cool wind on his face. He wasn’t as prepared as the others when it came to the heist plan. What if his tongue slipped and said something he shouldn’t have said? What if he worsens the mood? He tried to clear his mind by breathing in the air around him, but he couldn’t stay as calm as he wanted. The Golden King was still out there. It was entirely possible that a big fight would break out once they discovered the identity of the kidnapper. In case that happened, he hoped Zack and Jack were ready.

“So, about what you said when you evolved,” the Farfetch’d told his friend as he flew beside him. “Were you really afraid of overshadowing me?”

“Yeah,” the Pidgeot said, eyes focused at the front. “I just want you to keep up with me. Don’t want ya to get rusty with your sword.”

“You know, to be perfectly honest, I was also afraid of being overshadowed.”

“Really?”

“I guess, deep down, I was jealous of you. You were gonna be the stronger one of the two, but I kept remembering that I’m the one who can set you straight. I guess, in a way, we’re still equals?”

“Jack-o…”

“So I’ll still help you however I can. Even if it’s on a small scale.” Jack gave a determined gaze to his friend. “I’m counting on you, hero-to-be.”

Zack gasped in delighted shock after hearing those words. He smiled, eyes glimmering with hope. “Yeah. Me too, buddy! And on Seb!”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Somewhere down below, on the mountainous trails, there was a glint, like the light reflecting off something. Was that... gemstones? It almost appeared that, hidden between the crevices of the rocks were impressively large crystals. At almost the same time, the trio might notice a sensation as if they were being watched. Not malicious, but more akin to a sense of curiosity.

A few minutes later, a high pitched cry of distress came from below. There was a faint explosion, like a move being used, followed by another cry. Between the rocks and the sparse trees, two battling pokemon could be seen. A pink, crystalline pokemon cowered before an intimidating looking Magneton, who was beginning to charge another attack.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Everyone heard the loud noises below, looking towards the source. They saw the battle, and Seb and Jack looked worried.

Zack however, became elated. He recognized those sounds as a cry for help. Any damsel would have had the grace to call out for a hero, after all. Shaking his head, he put on his best serious face and cleared his throat. He spoke with a deeper voice.

“Did someone call for a hero to save them? Well, do not fear, for I am the one who shall defeat your assailant!”

The Pidgeot swooped down towards the battle, making Seb flinch in surprise from the sudden move.

“Zack, hold up! What’re you doing!?”

“Go get ‘em, my guy,” Jack muttered with a smile.

Once he landed between the Magneton and its target, Zack stood straight, chest puffed and a wing covering the pink Pokémon behind him.

“You are safe with me now!”

He pointed at the Magneton with a fierce glare. “And now, prepare to face me! You will not stop this hero!”

Even though he appeared with bravery, he did not show his hesitation building up. He was facing an Electric-type. What if he got shocked?

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Diancie gazed, wide-eyed with wonder at the strange bird before her. Magneton's single eye stared at Diancie, then at her newly arrived protector. It beeped furiously and paused the attack it was charging - for all of a second. With little warning, it zigzagged to the side, electricity flashing across its body. A bolt of lightning surged towards Zack, then another arced towards Diancie, who seemed frozen in fear.

If one was swift, maybe they could stop Diancie from getting hit, but that attack looked strong too...

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Yup, he knew it.

Zack groaned in pain as he received the shock from the Magneton’s attack. “Argh! You dare!”

Seb was still on his Pidgeot’s shoulder, so he, too, got shocked before falling off to the floor. “Aaah! This is much worse than static on a windy afternoon!” He rubbed himself frantically all over.

Meanwhile, the Farfetch’d was quick to react to the bolt directed towards Diancie.

“Zack!”

Jack jumped towards the trajectory of the attack in hopes of being able to intercept it. “I got your back!”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The bolt struck Jack, giving him a powerful shock. It would sting, but it was far from a finishing blow. And Diancie, at least, seemed unharmed, protected by Jack. The air buzzed as Magneton began to charge another attack, energy glowing around its body. Without warning, it gave a grating cry and surged forward - not for Zack or Jack this time, or even Diancie.

It aimed right for Seb. It was quick too, but not so quick that it was impossible to intercept.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
As Zack composed himself after the shock, he saw the Magneton charging towards his Trainer. “You scoundrel!” He jumped in the way, throwing out a kick in midair with his Thief attack. “How dare you involve an innocent civilian in this!”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Magneton cried in surprise as it was sent reeling away by Zack's blow. It narrowed its one eye at Zack, seemingly ready to attack again-

"That will be all please." A dainty, telepathic voice makes Magneton pause in its tracks. Then, rather unexpectedly, it bows, tilting its body and lowering itself to the ground. Diancie floated toward it, patting its side. "Thank you, you performed wonderfully. You may go."

Magneton nodded and rose, then hovered away, leaving the four alone. "First, thank you both. You acted most nobly and heroic. I must confess I heard you speak of desiring to be a hero, and I sought to test that myself. You proved you were willing to put yourself in harm's way for another. You have great potential."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Zack’s beak opened in shock. He remained speechless for a few seconds. It was unbelievable. “Wait, this was all set up!?” he exclaimed, his voice going back to its normal pitch.

“You still got to show off,” Jack said, ruffling his feathers back into place.

“Okay, okay, gimme a sec.” The Pidgeot sighed and passed his wings through his crest. He took a moment to process what happened. “So you set this up just for me? First off, thank you, and second, you’re not in cahoots with the King, are ya?”

Once Seb got back up on his feet, he patted the dust off of his clothes and adjusted his glasses. What he saw in front of him made him widen his eyes. “Woah. It’s a fairy. Is that a Carbink or…? Wait, I read about this back in Kalos.” He gasped and smiled. “No, you’re not kidding, right? Diancie!?”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"The King?" Disdain swept across Diancie's face. "Banish the thought! I would never associate with such a vile being. He does not deserve the title of king." She shook her head scornfully. "To answer your question, however, yes, this was a set up. Magneton is a friend of mine."

Then she curtsied to Seb. "Yes, I am Diancie. And what is your name trainer, pray tell?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb spoke quickly, but he bowed courtly with one hand on his chest. He was excited to finally meet a Legend in person, but he still had to show manners. “My name is Sebastian, but everyone calls me Seb. Oh man, it’s an honor to be in your presence, Princess. I always loved fairies back when I was a kid—well, I have my birds here that I like so much, but I still love fairies! You’re so adorbs and beautiful!”

“Uh, don’t mind his excitement too much, please, Your Majesty,” Jack said, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment. “Anyway, I’m Jack.”

“Zack,” the Pidgeot added with a flick of his head, letting his crest sway. “So if you’re not with the King, does that mean you’re gonna help us?”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Adorbs is not a very proper form of address, but I shall overlook it this time," Diancie said politely. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Seb, Jack and Zack. My full name is Princess Rhodochrosite Diancie the Third, although you should call me Diancie."

She turned to address Zack. "Help you? Just what sort of help are you requesting?" she asked cautiously.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Well, we’re gettin’ ready with a plan,” Zack explained, “where we try to find out who the King really is. Fingers are bein’ pointed at this Orzo guy, even though he looked pretty bad. The main point is that we think you’d be pretty good at helpin’ us in case we end up fightin’ the guy.”

“We’re going for a distraction on the host of this celebration in order to drive him away from Orzo,” Jack added with a wing on his hip. “I’m not so sure about this, but are you good at luring people?” He turned to look at Seb, who became flustered as he covered his face in his hands. “I still have my doubts. Maybe a subtle approach…”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"You suspect... Orzo?" she asked in disbelief. Diancie shook her head. "You must be mistaken. Orzo would never do something so awful." She shook her head again. "That simply cannot be. Besides, you claim to believe this could be the work of the golden king? Orzo is no golden king." A jester maybe. A king? He was harmless, a traveler, someone who wanted to put on a festival.

"I do not think I would help you 'lure' anyone. Such deception is not becoming. Perhaps if this truly is the work of the golden king, I may assist in battle, although... if what myth says is true, he would be no easy foe. Are you up to the task?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"You suspect... Orzo?" she asked in disbelief. Diancie shook her head. "You must be mistaken. Orzo would never do something so awful." She shook her head again. "That simply cannot be. Besides, you claim to believe this could be the work of the golden king? Orzo is no golden king." A jester maybe. A king? He was harmless, a traveler, someone who wanted to put on a festival.
“Huh?” Zack became confused at what Diancie had to say. “Say what? Did I hear that right?” He was reminded of the discussion that happened last night.
"I've been kind of wondering whether or not Orzo is guilty, myself... something doesn't add up. I'm wondering if maybe there's a different hoopa involved here? Kind of insane to think there could be multiple in the same location like this, but does anything on this island make sense anymore?"
“Wait, so… There really is an impostor?” The Pidgeot widened his eyes at the thought.

“I think it’s too early to jump to conclusions, Zack,” Jack said, shaking his head.

“But the stuff with the dye and the brainwash thing June said!” Zack flapped his wings frantically as he addressed his Farfetch’d friend. “One of those has to be real!”

Seb looked at the discussion the birds were having at the moment, looking at Diancie. He was still flustered and excited, but managed to ask something to her. “Uh, excuse me? What’s going on? Are you saying something important?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom