• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Marowak Dojo ~ Living Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Nip noticed the slight shift in Cabot's demeanor. Crap, did he say something wrong? Such was the unfortunate nature of coming from different words, he supposed, but still...

Fortunately, the moment seemed to pass, though Cabot's statement rose new questions. "So they're some sort of food that... all pokemon can eat?" He tilted his head to the side, skeptical. "That doesn't make any sense... unless... You mentioned that the gods protect pokemon in your world. Perhaps they're a type of... blessed food, for lack of a better term? A gift from the gods, in hopes of preventing the inherent strife that comes with relying on meat to survive?" It still sounded implausible, but... he could buy that, at least.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"They are actually! Or at least for the most part," Cabot explained. "In my world we make them ourselves, but we were taught how to do so by Arceus. That way Pokémon wouldn't have to hunt each other for food."

The Cranidos perked up as he realized there was an easy way to show Nip that he could live off of gummis just as well as any other 'mon could.

"Oh, I have an idea!" he said as he went over to one of the large bags in the corner of the room. Cabot searched through it before taking out a Black Gummi. "How about you try this one? I know Dark-Types are supposed to really like them."

He walked back towards Nip and held out the gummi towards him with a friendly smile.

"I know it looks a little strange, but I promise it won't taste gross or anything."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
He took the gummi from Cabot, turning it over in his paws as he gave it a skeptical inspection. It was bean-shaped and blue — almost black — in color. Experimentally, he squished it between his paws. It had the slightest give, reminding him just a bit of the texture of bone marrow. But there was no way it was made of that, right? Not based on the way the cranidos talked.

What was the worst that could happen? Cabot was wrong and he would throw it up later? The more likely scenario was that he'd just get a little sick, or that he'd get no nutrients from it. He'd be fine.

After a few heartbeats more of hesitation, he lifted the gummi up to his mouth and tore off a bite.

It. Tasted. Amazing. As he let the bite roll round in his mouth, it seemed to dissolve in his mouth spreading a savory flavor that had just a hint of bitter-sweetness over his tongue.

"Wow, uh, nutritional or not, it definitely tastes amazing, at least."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"I knew you'd like it!" Cabot cheered as he wagged his tail slightly. "There is a different flavor for each type, so you'll probably enjoy Clear Gummis just as much since you're an Ice-Type. Though apparently this world has a bunch of joke flavors as well, so I guess don't eat the multi-colored gummis if you want to avoid any funny surprises."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
After taking another bite, Nip tilted his head. "The appeal of the taste is based on your type? That is rather odd... but then again, if it's something that the gods crafted, I suppose I could see them working that way. But... I'll take your warning into consideration."

Popping in the last bite, he turned his attention to Cabot's overstuffed bag. "I take it that those are supplies?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Uh-huh!" Cabot nodded. "Though I probably got more than I can use for this battle. I'm still not sure how our new bodies would prevent certain items from working, but I guess we just gotta trust Diyem on this."

The Cranidos looked around Nip and noticed he didn't have any supplies himself. He supposed it would make sense if Nip tried to go back to sleep right after that Poochyena did...

"If you don't have any items yet you can have some of mine if you'd like. Would save you a trip to the Kecleon Market."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Yeah, I don't blame you," Cabot said as he moved his bag over to Nip and sat down next to him. "Maybe look around and see what you'd like? Though apparently we can only use one Reviver Seed, so that's something to keep in mind."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Nip carefully pulled the bag open, looking over the items included inside. He retrieved one of the mentioned reviver seeds, as well a couple of oran berries and a few other items. "It's a bit odd, but I guess it links back to whatever energy is allowing us to be here." He paused, frowning. "Not sure I totally believe that, but I'd rather not risk being wrong if my life is on the line."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"It's definitely strange. I don't understand how this energy and aura stuff even relates to what items we use," Cabot sighed. "But it's not just that. Even if this world doesn't feel as strange as Veritas City, there's still other things that just don't make any sense to me. Like whatever that fire spirit was, or those powers that Truffle and his team have for some reason. It's sometimes hard to wrap your head around it all, you know?"

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"Tell me about it," Nip said, closing his eyes. "I nearly got my feathers burned off trying to rescue Zane. Thank Yveltal that smeargle showed up when she did. I don't want to think about what might have happened otherwise." He shuddered. "I don't know about you, but I'm a bit concerned about the upcoming fight with the two magikarp. I know our 'Hero's Aura' or whatever it is supposedly lets us damage it, but if someone like that smeargle or truffle can't even touch it... I dunno. I'm just a bit concerned is all."

Thinking about Zane and the magikarp dampened his mood slightly. That darn zangoose. He'd nearly lost his second his second chance thanks to him! Then again, if the magikarp sisters ended up crushing the party, it wouldn't have mattered in the end, anyways.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Hm! I hear you. I know I certainly felt a lot more confident when there was just one giant Magikarp we had to fight," Cabot said. "But we can't back down now! With how strange these new bodies are, maybe we really can do something that Truffle's team can't. I don't know how, but it certainly seemed to be the case with those boulders blocking the Kecleon Market that Truffle wasn't able to move."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"Ah, that's right, Truffle did say something about some strange boulders yesterday, didn't he?" Nip brushed a paw against the side of his face as he considered the implications. "I suppose that means there's some truth to our mysterious, Diyem-provided powers, at least."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Yeah, exactly. Since it didn't look like Truffle was just pretending."

Cabot paused a moment before speaking back up.

"But... I guess most of this stuff must be even stranger to you since you're not from a town. If you want to I can help you make sense of at least some of it. Back in my world whenever... uh... someone who's never lived in a town before joins, there's always someone to guide him or her," Cabot explained, carefully avoiding the word 'feral'. "After all, it can be a little overwhelming getting used to living in a town when you're used to living otherwise. Especially for you given that this world already has enough strange things in it as is."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"A lot of it, yes," Nip agreed. "I'll admit that, though I was introduced to a lot of these village concepts, I did not get a chance to really get to know how things work. If you think this world handles things similar to yours then... I'd appreciate that, thank you."

Another tremor shook the ground. It seemed like they were getting stronger, and more frequent. "Our time is running short, I think. We should probably go meet up with the others."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Well, some parts are similar at least. But if there's some stuff that confuses both of us, at least you won't be the only one trying to make sense of it," Cabot chuckled.

The Cranidos stood up and walked back over to the large bag of food.

"But you're right. Let's pack a few gummis and head back to the main square? I can even pack some of those Clear Gummis for you that I mentioned earlier, since they can be a little tricky to distinguish from White Gummis."

Last edited:

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"Sounds like a good idea to me. Thanks."

Nip shuffled through the supplies, pulling out a couple of gummis similar to the one Cabot had given him. He found a couple of small pouches — big enough to hold a couple of items — and took one for himself. He quickly stuffed his supplies to the bag before standing up and making his way towards the exit, waiting for Cabot to finish before leaving.

<><><><><>

Day 8, Morning ~ Lunch Prep

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The days passed in a tired haze.

Maple and the others weren't kidding about how much that battle had taken out from them, and even Diyem was surprised at the fatigue that had wracked their systems. For several days, the last of the adrenaline finally wearing off, most of the team could barely do anything past eat, stumble around, and sleep. Truffle had taken to carrying the smaller Pokemon of the team around instead, insisting that they not strain themselves as he helped feed them, wash them, and even tucked them in to bed at night.

He was not the only one. Maple had pulled Necrozma aside in particular to offer 'light therapy,' whatever that was. In the meantime, Potluck took up the liberty of guarding the living quarters from any intruders, as the dojo was back in business again. They had seen Marowak, who ran the place; he was more than happy to offer the main room as a living space for the team until better arrangements were found. The Guild was supplementing his property and income anyway, considering how useful the dojo was for explorers. Ahh, to be helping world-savers again... It was nostalgic, in a way.

Rapidly, Treasure Town rebuilt itself. Xatu returned to his tent, as did the Kecleon brothers, who mourned the destruction of their buildings but didn't seem to say much else about it to others. Slowly, all the other facilities filled themselves in, and the store owner that Zane had broken into spread the word all the way to the Guild. One way or another, the Guild paid for the damages, but in exchange, Zane was ordered--once he recovered from the fight--to take part in the rebuilding efforts in the marketplace.

That hazy creature, oddly enough, never appeared ever since that first day. It was odd. Still, best not to count their blessings.

They had been bedridden for nearly a whole week. Surf had brought Turf back home, though among the team, nobody saw them since they'd recovered. They only knew that Turf's condition was steadily worsening, but no other changes were being reported, for better or worse.

Interestingly, it seemed that Diyem had sent the team into this world at the very end of summer. Outside, the first few leaves yellowed in anticipation of autumn, the pale greens of Treasure Town slowly growing paler. With the coloring of the leaves came everyone's strength. they weren't at their peak just yet, but mundane activities were no longer difficult.

Soda stepped into the living quarters and clicked his claws loudly to get everyone's attention. "Hey!" Soda said. "Maple says she's glad you guys are feeling better. If anybody's interested, we're gonna set up for some lunch later, reserved a party table for it at some fancy dine-in spot at the marketplace. Show up or don't, see you then."

And that was all. Soda turned around, waved halfheartedly, and disappeared.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"Heck, yeah," Ashwood said, stretching and testing their limbs. "I'm in."

That last battle. Wow. While they recovered they played the memory of taking out the first Magikarp again and again. Oh god... what a feeling.

They glanced at Cynthian. They supposed a part of them could understand why someone would want this Magikarp debacle to be a one and done thing, but for Ashwood? Nah.

They were sure the next fight would be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom