• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

Why do you guys keep doing this on the final hour I feel like a professor watching last-minute assignment submissions.

I don't have time to respond to any of this properly, we have like 15 minutes left, I'll try to conjure together what I can.

]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
-The Bus Driver, if Town, takes a risk to save Arctozolt by swapping them with someone else, unfortunately Lusamine. Whether by random chance, or they themselves weren't sus of her at the time and thought it was safe.

-The Bus Driver, if Mafia, targets Lusamine believing that a Town-Alligned Vigilante or the Arsonist would target her, and swaps her with Arctozolt, someone that the Townies would most likely try to save just because of their role.
[[Chappie already claimed to have swapped Mewtwo with Namco last night, for what it's worth. This whole theory seems kind of overcomplicated to me - not sure what it explains that isn't explained by our current assumptions? I may need to reread this later.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes hesitated. The last thing he wanted was to condemn an innocent person, and yet...Mewtwo’s arguments were failing to convince him. He’d been wary of the Pokémon ever since all of this started, despite everyone’s immediate trust in him...but no. Not yet. Chappie’ state had already been decided, and he needed more time to think this over.

Because Yellow wasn't sure if I was breaking rules when I did that maybe and wanted to be careful? I don't think she's played before, or at least not in a game with this many roles.

But eh.
Yellow claiming flavor names is allowed, what's your roles flavor name and your abilities flavor names?
[[Hi yes it was exactly this, I DEFINITELY would have claimed sooner if I knew it was allowed, that’s probably on me for not reading the rules carefully enough.

My flavor role was: Item for Doctor, Call for Firefighter (going off of Wes “calling” Shadow Pokémon back to their senses in the Colosseum game)]]

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
[[ooh! Relevant question for Wes: does your role PM call the things the arsonist douses people with "psychic marks"? Doesn't seem like it does, based on you saying it's a Shadow Pokémon thing, but do confirm for us.]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I hate all of you," Alexander said, feeling his forehead throb as the sudden onslaught of activity hammered into him. "Where was all of this discussion some time ago?! What, does the looming threat of impending nightfall kick you into gear? You're worse than my soldiers, always waiting until the last day to get an assignment done." He grunted, forming his shadowy spear once more. "I'm not going to make a fool of myself and try to hastily make any claims or defenses when I do not have the time to process what all was just said. I--"

Item for Doctor, Call for Firefighter

"...You're a second Firefighter? ...Right. Nefari. Pick Rolestopper or whatever the other power is. I believe this makes things easier on us... I do not see any reason for Mafia to make a claim like this since the Arsonist is an enemy to all."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I should also clarify that I’ve been on Ink’s side with this—a lot of people were very quick to put Mewtwo on their soft town read lists simply because of play style, but that left me like “???”. I didn’t object to this because I’m new and what do I know, lol, but I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who was head scratching at that and was actually mildly suspicious. This probably looks like I’m bandwagoning a little but I promise I’ve felt this way the whole time, I just haven’t vocalized it because I’ve been struggling to address a million other people who were sussing me, etc. Also I didn’t want to call more suspicion to myself by openly sussing another player that was in most “soft town” lists.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[ooh! Relevant question for Wes: does your role PM call the things the arsonist douses people with "psychic marks"? Doesn't seem like it does, based on you saying it's a Shadow Pokémon thing, but do confirm for us.]]
[[Yes it does call them psychic marks!

and to DW, my overall title was “Reluctant Protector”]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
You're a second Firefighter? ...Right. Nefari. Pick Rolestopper or whatever the other power is. I believe this makes things easier on us... I do not see any reason for Mafia to make a claim like this since the Arsonist is an enemy to all."

“I chose to be a doctor instead of a firefighter, weren’t you listening?” Wes snapped. “That means we probably need her to be a firefighter, or else we’ll have almost no protection from this Arsonist if they’re still alive!”

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
"...You're a second Firefighter? ...Right. Nefari. Pick Rolestopper or whatever the other power is. I believe this makes things easier on us... I do not see any reason for Mafia to make a claim like this since the Arsonist is an enemy to all."
Yellow is Doc, her role worked similar to mine and she picked last night.

[[Yes it does call them psychic marks!

and to DW, my overall title was “Reluctant Protector”]]
Gotcha.
So then I think my "arsonist-is-a-psychic" theory at the beginning of the game was a pretty decent one.
So either it was Lance, or it's either Equi or Namco.
Are we sure we can't kill Equi today?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
[[Chappie already claimed to have swapped Mewtwo with Namco last night, for what it's worth. This whole theory seems kind of overcomplicated to me - not sure what it explains that isn't explained by our current assumptions? I may need to reread this later.]]
[[I either not think at all or think in knots and loose threads, so I'm not surprised it sounds overcomplicated. Like I said, there's a lot of happenstance for either theory to work, especially the first. The only things I think it would bring up would be...

-Whether or not Chappie was lying about who they swapped

or

-The possibility of yet another Bus Driver]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
- Mewtwo agreed with Nefari wanting to vote out Jesse at the beginning before everyone else pointed out the flavor wasn't a great way to identify the arsonist, which in hindsight is honestly kind of an odd thing for an experienced player to jump on like that?

[[
This is kind of irrelevant but I just wanted to sus people lololol

I had nothing for Lusamine, since just the start of the game. But that Psychic thing was a crumb I could jump on so I was like *HELL YEAH LET'S GO"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Some other stuff that I was thinking on my reread:

- I was thinking I might come away from it convinced Wes was town, but I was left at kiiiind of a null on him. Really determined to trust Chappie, which is worth a side-eye if Chappie flips mafia.
- Vague suspicion of Kyros
- Maybe mafia didn't use swap last night because we'd want to hear who Chappie targeted and it'd become suspicious?
- Kinda feel like Namco would've been told to participate more by teammates by now]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I have no comment on this whole... Mafia doctor double business," Alexander added. "I'm going to mull it over and read over my records tonight and come to my conclusions then. Suspicion has been cast on both Wes and Mewtwo at this point, and while I have a natural bias against the latter for various reasons, their species has little to do with their power or alignment on this plane. But it's beginning to seem like the tide is shifting in favor of Wes. We should all think about that once we see how this vote flips."

“I chose to be a doctor instead of a firefighter, weren’t you listening?” Wes snapped. “That means we probably need her to be a firefighter, or else we’ll have almost no protection from this Arsonist if they’re still alive!”

"...Oh. One or the other. Mrm. Yes. Firefighter it is, then, I suppose..." Alexander hummed. "I hate rush jobs."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I am also a Reluctant Something which makes me believe Wes's claim; doesn't prove he's not mafia but that all checks out]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Yes]]