• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Grass Continent ~ Treasure Town Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Bahamut is fine,” he replied. “Aeon is an ancient word for ‘messenger.’ It’d be like calling a mail pelipper by their job title instead of their name.”

Bahamut paused. “Which I just did anyway. My analogies are still broken, I’m afraid.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple chuckled, nodding. "I'm sure there are some things that will inevitably be lost in translation," she said. It looked like this was usually the time when Maple would bid farewell, yet this time she lingered for a little while. "And you are feeling well?"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“I feel better, thanks to you.” Bahamut clasped both sets of wings together. “Now the challenge is to figure out in what way I can use this radiance to aid my allies.” He tapped his beak in thought. “Perhaps I will meditate on the matter and see what the stars have to say to me.”

(Proceed to marketplace.)

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple nodded, though then she looked back. "I suspect the beach will be a popular spot and that may distract you. I suggest finding somewhere more secluded. Perhaps those woodlands, or an alcove at the Dojo. We still need to secure housing arrangements at Destiny Village for you all, now that I remember..."

She turned away, her gaze briefly lingering on Bahamut again. "Right, well." She said, still hesitating. "...Goodbye for now, then." And with a hop, she disappeared into a portal.

<><><>​

Day 15, Morning - A Dark Revelation

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Day 15, Morning

After waking up the following day, Cabot decided to head off for the beach. With everything that had happened the past two weeks he wanted to take some time for himself, and opted to go to the place that reminded him most of home. When Cabot arrived, he was greeted by the sight of the rising sun casting an orange hue over the sea, the Cranidos smiling a little upon hearing the waves and feeling the sand between his toes. He walked around for a little and eventually found a nice spot to sit down, where he gazed out at sea.

Before he signed up for the navy he had dreamed of adventures just like this, yet here he was actually in one. Over the past two weeks he had even wondered at times if perhaps this was all a dream, and he'd wake up back on Haipheh's naval base at any second. The logic of this world certainly felt like something out of a dream at times…

But, the things going on in Cibus were certainly real to the Pokémon living here. Giant Pokémon, possessed Pokémon, Darkwhite… and now there were these strange Radiance powers as well. Cabot looked at his claws. Touching that orb had definitely hurt, yet at the same time he hadn't felt any different ever since. No powerful new abilities, but also no harmful side effects. Where did this power even come from? Maple said it was from Arceus, yet Diyem claimed otherwise. He'd felt a bit uneasy about Diyem ever since his outburst at him, but he still trusted him. The Charizard had mentioned he'd be open to talk with anyone after they brought Team Spice back to the guild, so perhaps now was as good as any.

Hey, Diyem? Are you there?

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Well--

Diyem caught himself, and then he replied slowly, It is simply a matter of course that I would be aware of things like that. Types of powers and the like. And while world are different and have different roles for their pantheon all the time, the way this world is arranged, I am confident in some of their roles and abilities.

For one... this power over light, Arceus is not typically the one associated with it. Not to this magnitude. This light is associated with purification and energy, not divinity, necessarily. Cresselia and Celebi have something similar... but this light... No. It's the light of Necrozma--and not the one that accompanied you here.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Yes. While rare, they are technically a species. And that is one thing that I suspect may be the case... And it would also explain the presence of interlopers that I had sensed in the first place. Beings from beyond this world, entering it--similar to what I did with you all, but perhaps with more power. Perhaps they traveled here with actual bodies, and not merely their spirits... Hmmm... Necrozma are capable of such things. And Maple is capable of warping a little too casually to simply refer to them as Spacial Rend techniques...

But regardless, that makes things significantly more dangerous. I do not know if these light-based powers are dangerous for you. I did not expect this to be such a significant factor, and now that it's already integrated into your auras... well... Perhaps we got lucky.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Huh?! "Necrozma" is the name of the species? But then why did our Necrozma say that was his name? That's like saying you have no na-

Cabot abruptly trailed off as he remembered how Necrozma usually spoke about himself. The Cranidos shifted uneasily and tried to steer the conversation back to the more important matter at hand.

Er... anyway, if Maple and her team are from another world as well, then how come the Pokémon living here are so familiar with them? They would have arrived here as strangers just like we did, and even if they're lying it would have taken them years in order for everyone to trust them like this.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Indeed, replied Diyem, humming. Then it appears that something else is amiss. They claim to work under Arceus, mimic his emblem and symbol, and clearly he actually has his good graces here. Something about that is not adding up if she is also channeling the powers of a Necrozma...

That light... nngh... it's vile. I do not understand how you can bear it.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
What have I been doing. Diyem repeated it like it was a silly question, but then, after a pause, he seemed to sigh, relenting. I meticulously search around the world from afar for any distortions, much like apparently Arceus is doing in this world. I search for distortions, and occasionally your immediate area for any major threats. I was able to alert Zane to flee from suspicious auras at the marketplace, for example... though he did not listen immediately...

Diyem paused again. It seemed, based on how he talked, like he was pacing around his room. That is essentially what I do. I monitor. I alert. Occasionally I've had some of the team that actually has some respect for me inform Maple and the others of my findings. Most don't listen. I'm used to such things. And of course, every moment is also dedicated to channeling more of my power into the team. I do not sleep, and therefore I am either dedicating my time to channeling energy or scouting. Until the mission is over, that is my duty.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
I am not truly a Charizard, Cabot, Diyem said as if it was obvious. No normal Charizard can do what I am capable of. Charizard is merely the form I take so it does not frighten mortals when I present myself to them. The story goes that I am a Voice of Life, capable of sending spirits across realms, as they do, when a world is in need of a savior. Or, in this case, saviors. ...And that is the story you all should continue to stick by so the mission as a whole is not put at risk.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot put a claw to his mouth as he thought over Diyem's answer. He had heard Owen talk about Diyem being a "Voice of Life" after they defeated Team Spice, but what exactly is a Voice of Life? And more importantly...

... What are you if you're not a Charizard? I mean, I don't mind telling people that you are this "Voice of Life" if you don't trust Maple and her team, but from the way you said it, it sounds like that's not the real story.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
And to this, Diyem's pause was a long and tense. Despite the fact that he was not there, in front of Cabot, there was this vague sensation that he was always there, perhaps simply because he was channeling power into them all as they spoke. A vision, a hallucination, or perhaps merely a small, sixth sense, made it as if Diyem was standing right beside Cabot, staring at the faraway horizon.

You are right, Diyem said slowly. I do not trust Maple. But perhaps that is hypocritical of me, seeing as I, too, am twisting the truth and lying for my own sake. Perhaps we have more in common than I would like to admit. But just as I am sure she has her reasons, I have mine. Had I told you everything about myself, and then requested you all be sent to a world to save it... You would not have agreed. None of you would. Therefore, I had to lie, for the sake of saving countless others, as you already have been.

Diyem paced in his room again, looking toward the portal that he used to oversee them, and then at his tail, whose tail was emitting a flame of charcoal-black embers.

I am not a Voice of Life, Cabot. Quite the opposite, in fact. I intended to keep this hidden for as long as I could, as it wold have potentially no been relevant to your mission But with this Radiance, and with these new developments that... frankly I did not anticipate... suddenly, it has. And suddenly, you must know. Cabot.... I am...

His voice suddenly changed. And despite the fact that he hesitated there, those last few words were more relaxed, less strained. Had he been speaking in a false voice all this time, like a whisper, a higher pitch? The disguise of a mortal's flesh and blood? Well, that much was probably always true, and yet...

I am Dark Matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom