• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Central Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJR Basimilus

Arceus is nice I suppose...
Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Seyka, seeing the two, called out. "Heey. Heeeey. Are you guys looking at it too? Pretty crazy huh?"

The Skarmory's mind was racing. Something with a C, something with C. Ohhhhh no

"You'll have to forgive me," Seyka said, looking ashamed. "You guys are... uhhh," his face brightened. "Clam and Bepo!"

Almost immediately, his expression dropped. "Ah, I'm wrong aren't I."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Balm and Cepa," the Sceptile replied with an amused smile.

"Close!" Cepa added with a cheer and a clap. "And we have been. Just taking a look at the sky for... I don't know, any sign of an opening that we might be able to take against it. Kinda hard when there's just a bunch of death right above him, though..."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"That's a problem I suppose," Seyka said idly. "Didn't you two come from a future where the world ended?"

The Skarmory paused to think. "Mmm, wait. That was different wasn't it. If the world you came from had something like this, it wouldn't be there anymore, no?"

"Eheh, that sounds complicated. But, it doesn't matter. You guys should still have some 'future wisdom' right?"

"I wish I could change what time I'm in," Seyka said. "That would be fun."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"We came from a world that used to be this world's future," Balm confirmed, nodding. "But after some divine intervention, we became... more of a split path. Now we're parallel... and a little behind, because a lot of things about our world lagged behind due to, well, being paused in time. There were a few things that were slower to restart..."

"I don't really know about future wisdom, though," Cepa said. "Aren't you guys all world savers, too?"

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Seyka shrugged with his wings. "Your words, not mine. We've saved some things I guess."

"I don't really know though. Maybe some of the others have saved their own worlds." Seyka sighed. "Ah, that sounds like a hassle to worry about a whole world."

"Actually, I guess it's one of those things you don't think about too much, you know? Either you save the world, or it's not your problem anymore."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Er..." Balm and Cepa looked at one another. The Sceptile continued, "Well, yes. That's true."

"But if we can, we should! I mean, I might be speaking as a Legend there, but you know how it can be. Bigger responsibilities, and all."

"And I... don't see how I can do anything else," Balm said. "Not after I risked my very existence to save a world, knowing that I would disappear if I succeeded."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"History repeats, huh," Seyka mused. "I can't think of any good reason not to save the world, other than it's not my own, but that's hardly a good reason."

"This world seems to get in trouble a lot. As they say, never a dull moment. I bet Inno would like this kind of thing more than me. I wonder where he is, or at least, his shadow or whatever."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Well, if our- uh, coordinator is a dark matter, what if yours is one too in a different world?"

"Yeah, yeah," Seyka said, suddenly animated, "So, suppose planets have their own dark matter. It's supposed to be an amalgamation of negative thought, right? What if once this matter accumulates and tries to destroy the world and whatnot, it's defeat is in a sense, it's maturation? The energy is offloaded from the planet, and sent to redeem itself in another one in trouble as a way of reprocessing it. So the reason yours is gone is that its been reassigned in a similar situation as this one, a perfect loop!"

The Skarmory made a face. "I uh, wouldn't know the internal mechanics of this process. But I think it makes a lot of sense! You can't disprove this cycle, can you?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Balm and Cepa both stared at Seyka in complete befuddlement. "I... um. I think it makes sense," Cepa lied.

"It would help explain what happened to that Dark Matter, since we haven't seen a sign of one here or anywhere else. We're only here now to help with the Blacklight crisis, at this point... It is very strange, though." Balm sighed, looking down. "I'm out of practice."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Maybe it'll show up, or maybe it won't. It hardly matters to me either way. The team seems like they can handle most anything anyway," Seyka said. The Skarmory stretched his neck. "Albeit, it's a lot to think about when we're the only ones who can do anything."

"Oh well. It's thrilling though, not knowing what happens next. Back home, everything was the same. I guess that's my fault for not getting out more!"

"I'm sure everything will turn out great," Seyka added. "Unless you want to hedge your bets, I'd be fine with that too."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I think we'll put our bets on the world being saved, too," Cepa said with a bewildered frown. "If we bet on destruction, we'd have to die to win."

"We can't really help much, though. If Dialga couldn't suppress Joule, I don't think anything we do will help. You'll have to keep piercing whatever that energy absorbing barrier is supposed to be..."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"You could pierce it," Seyka said, thoughtfully. "But if it's absorbs stuff, couldn't you just hit it until it breaks from absorbing too much?"

"That might take too long," the Skarmory concluded. "Do you know what works well against barriers? If I was strong enough, I'd just blow it away with my wings, ha."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Maybe our dark matter absorbed special negative energy?" Seyka opined. "Like, he came from a world where everyone kills and murders indiscriminately. So we can fight the evil energy because our energy is.... more evil."

The Skarmory grimaced. "Alright, not a comforting thought. Um, second option is that your dark matter is working with the enemy since you can't find him. Kind of a darkness against darkness sort of deal I guess?"

Seyka was silent for a moment. "Or, because we're from different worlds from this one, our attacks are exempt from reality, they're technically non existent entities given form and function by an observer. So like, if you convinced everyone in the world that one of us didn't really exist, we'd just- disappear or something. Anyway, by that, our attacks work because they're extradimensional."

"Well, maybe not that last one."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Balm and Cepa looked at one another, then at Seyka. It was absurd, all of it. This Skarmory was in a completely different plane than everyone else was. Maybe he really was extra-dimensional.

And yet... "Something about that might be true," Balm said, claw to his chin. "Something there... sounds like it fits. Darkness against darkness, maybe not, maybe so, but..."

"Hey, yeah!" Cepa said. "We've been able to hurt certain berserk Pokemon when we're lucky, but the ones with stronger auras cancel us out. We don't really know what the source is, but something you guys do can break past it. And all you have in common is Dark Matter. Your Dark Matter. Do you think he has something to do with that same power-absorbing energy, somehow?"

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Maybe his darkness is conjoined with us as pokemon, intertwined and fused into a form. I mean, someone said something about us being unstable right? Or maybe our energy comes from something else that's helping us out. Some axiomatic force of goodwill or something."

"If you want to get spiritual though, negativity is a universal constant," Seyka said. "What separates one dark matter from another anyway? They come from the same energy and get their power the same way. If yours is gone, where does all the negative energy go? Either it's around here somewhere, or everyone is forming a new one. Maybe if you were negative enough, you could grow it fast enough to have your own to use and help us out." The Skarmory smiled ruefully. "Just kidding."

"But it's dangerous if all of our power is connected to dark matter, isn't it," the Skarmory said thoughtfully. "What if your dark matter just comes along and uses it too? Ooh, scary."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Haa, I guess you're right. I'm sure the team will think of something," Seyka said, confident.

"You never know. Our dark matter could be your dark matter undercover. Or maybe just a little piece it sent out to look for help."

"Either way, such is as will be, so to speak. If we find the other dark matter, great! If not, oh well. If it's a big deal, it'll show up anyway."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom