• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Mademoiselle wondered about the compositions of these "buddy systems", considering who had been partnered with who. In an instant, she noticed a significant pattern. Again, Mademoiselle made herself the centre of attention.

"I've noticed a common link between all of these buddy systems. With the sole exception of the system consisting of scum (AZ and Palkia), each of these systems initially consisted of one town, one third-party. Salem and myself; Steven and Amy; the phantom voice and the moron; the linoone-creature and the oshawott." Mademoiselle fixed her gaze on Rui. "Going by this pattern, one of either you or the zoroark is Third-party, and most likely, our hostile one seeing that we have seen testimony from every other third-party player here that they are an Alien. With how I received your message last night,

I am inclined to believe your claims to be true, meaning that the zoroark is most likely to be our serial killer."
[[With your theory, the game *should* be over by now if Yellow is Town and Fuze is Third Party. The game is supposed to be over if all Mafia are eliminated...]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"Brilliant, thank you," said Steven. "It's as I thought. Also, I've finally heard back about my inquiry so, I think it's time to lay everything out on the table."

Steven produced a letter from his pocket. "I got Salem's message last night. Or should I say, the Telemarketer's message. They coded their identity into their message, but... it seems as if we weren't able to protect them after all. Mademoiselle, I am sorry that your buddy was taken from you."

Steven's confidence waned a little, but he had to stay strong, he had to do this. For Amy. He steeled himself for what he was about to say, and quite frankly, it really just dawned on him as he mulled it over in his head.

"To tell you the truth, I was a little confused as to why I've received another message from the Telemarketer. Their powers were random, and it's possible that it just so happened to go to me again via luck of the draw. Which... was not as helpful as I'd hoped it would be. Unless there were no other Town targets for their messages to be sent to..."

The letter was tucked back into Steven's jacket pocket, and he smoothed down his lapels. "In any case, regardless of how the message found its way to me again, I believe Town is going to win this game."

"In order for the game to end, all Mafia must be eliminated. This is a common win condition shared with both Town and Town-aligned Aliens. Because this game is still continuing, there is at least one Mafia player still among us, and there are only two possible players this could be: Kora (Fusion) or Rui (Yellow)."

"Guzma, Mademoiselle, and Gen all are cleared as definite Aliens per their information, powers, and role PMs. Because of this, they are all Third Party players and are not considered Mafia, even if they are able to kill."

"Because we only have two potential players to eliminate to win the game, we only need two days, today and tomorrow, to achieve victory. Based on the remaining player count, unless there are some other powers at play that have remained hidden up until now, it is mathematically impossible for the Mafia to achieve a majority vote, even if BOTH Kora and Rui are Mafia, AND if Mafia has both night kill shots, and not a Third Party killer."

"Therefore, I am voting Kora (Fusion) today. @Bluwiikoon

If the game does not end after today's elimination vote for Kora, the remaining town should vote Rui the next day for the victory."
Rui stared in amazement, and for the first time that day, she smiled. “Steven, I know we haven’t known each other long, but you’re a genius. This theory is incredible! I think we’ve solved the game with this!”

Vote: Kora

@Bluwiikoon

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"In order for the game to end, all Mafia must be eliminated. This is a common win condition shared with both Town and Town-aligned Aliens. Because this game is still continuing, there is at least one Mafia player still among us, and there are only two possible players this could be: Kora (Fusion) or Rui (Yellow)."
[[[[I'ma be real... I feel slightly more inclined to sus Yellow rn.

This is just from me sitting here in my angst and stewing in it, but she threw side-eyes at me for playing exactly how she played last game (she flipped town, so I'm thinking she was tryna call my ass out for it to deflect any sus off of her). She also was one of the first ones to defend Gen when people were starting to side-eye them, before turning around and trying to call them out as a hostile TP or traitor--attempted to play it off as a miscommunication or something, buuuuuuut I feel some type of way about it.

It's a real feelsbadmanclap👏 that Fuze isn't participating because I feel bad slinging a vote at them when they're not even contributing, but I agree, mechanically speaking it has to be Fuze or Yellow. I'm just, yes, mechanically more inclined to focus on Yellow right now because I have more evidence possibly pointing to them as scum.

Vote: Rui @Bluwiikoon ]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[With your theory, the game *should* be over by now if Yellow is Town and Fuze is Third Party. The game is supposed to be over if all Mafia are eliminated...]]
"I find it strange that the Mafia, as a single unit, would have two killing powers but you're correct. The letter clearly states 'Mafia', not 'all threats to Town', thus I am beginning to consider that the zoroark is a hidden traitor with the ability to kill. Just like..." Mademoiselle drifted off as she finally acknowledged her access to information to similar games, one having a traitorous Lugia with the ability to kill every odd night. "Either way," she continued, "the vote must fall upon one of those two, and I am inclined to believe that the zoroark is the more likely suspect for the time being."

[[VOTE: KORA
@Bluwiikoon]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[[[I'ma be real... I feel slightly more inclined to sus Yellow rn.

This is just from me sitting here in my angst and stewing in it, but she threw side-eyes at me for playing exactly how she played last game (she flipped town, so I'm thinking she was tryna call my ass out for it to deflect any sus off of her). She also was one of the first ones to defend Gen when people were starting to side-eye them, before turning around and trying to call them out as a hostile TP or traitor--attempted to play it off as a miscommunication or something, buuuuuuut I feel some type of way about it.

It's a real feelsbadmanclap👏 that Fuze isn't participating because I feel bad slinging a vote at them when they're not even contributing, but I agree, mechanically speaking it has to be Fuze or Yellow. I'm just, yes, mechanically more inclined to focus on Yellow right now because I have more evidence possibly pointing to them as scum.

Vote: Rui @Bluwiikoon ]]
[[Fam, whut?

I had you on my sus list along with several other people because it was difficult to read all of you. Once I found out you’d been shot, I quit side-eying you immediately. And yes, I did sus you for doing what I did last game, because people pointed out that my tactics were coming off as scummy, aka, that is a common scum tactic. I learned from that and decided to watch for the same behavior in this game. I don’t think me being lightly sus of someone for playing slightly scummy should be condemning because that’s…that’s the whole game, lol.

And I don’t know why on earth you would vote for me when Kora is the most obvious target rn, especially since I’ve done nothing but assist town in scumhunting this whole time.

This kinda feels like a vote out of pure frustration at me for putting you on my sus list, and idk how to feel about that? It feels…personal, I guess? It feels like a really flimsy reason to vote me over an inactive/highly suspicious player? Especially since Fuse claimed vanilla, and if that ain’t sus, especially given this setup, then idk what is.

You do you. I’m just not following the logic here.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
She also was one of the first ones to defend Gen when people were starting to side-eye them, before turning around and trying to call them out as a hostile TP or traitor--attempted to play it off as a miscommunication or something, buuuuuuut I feel some type of way about it.
[[I also want to address this because…this makes no sense? I defended Gen before he replied to my message and appeared on my radar. Of course I would change my mind after he outed himself as a potential hostile TP, that’s what my entire role is all about!

And after going back through my posts…Jackie, Inke, Abra, Fuze and Kyeugh were all higher than you on the list I made. I genuinely don’t understand why me putting you #6 on a list of 6 suspects would warrant you voting me.

Anyways, it doesn’t matter because Kora will be voted out and we have like a 99% chance of winning the game when that happens. I think I’ve been getting too invested in this game because this vote came out of left field for me and it’s made me genuinely frustrated. So I’m gonna take a break and step away for a while.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Hmm, I was doing some thinking/rereading and I've come to a couple conclusions about Yellow.

I get the feeling that Yellow can't be Third-party, only Town or Mafia (and I'm currently leaning Town thanks to her play. Her posts do not come off as informed/hiding any agenda at all), as she has a role specifically designed to message Third parties (with a special message that has a chance to indicate hostile ones. We know Yellow is not lying about her role due to mechanical evidence. Since every confirmed TP here is an Alien (all containing Town aligned win-cons), it'd be redundant for the hostile TP to have a role designed for rooting out hostile TPs. Furthermore, if Fuse is in fact, Mafia, like we've been speculating, it begs the question of why Yellow's role exists in the first place. Every other player here has been confirmed on a mechanical level, Yellow and Fuse are the only ones with any sort of ambiguity left.
Therefore, I can only think of two possible scenarios:
  1. Yellow is Town and Fuse is the last remaining anti-town player (Serial Killer or Traitor), likely a hostile Third-party due to Yellow's role.
  2. Both Yellow and Fuse are anti-town, Yellow being the last remaining Mafia and Fuse the SK.
In both scenarios, Fuse is anti-town and is objectively the safest person to vote out today. If the game ends upon voting out Fuse, that means that we're in Scenario 1 and Hooray! We win! If we do vote out Fuse and the game doesn't end, that means that we're in Scenario 2, meaning that Yellow is indeed scum and should be voted out immediately D4.

The only other scenario is that Bench is our hostile TP but Tetra surviving being shot N1 alongside his legitimate-looking PM makes me think that this is not the case.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen's breathing slowly calmed down from his earlier hyperventilating. That...he was so scared he was going to be killed there.

Trembling, he waddled over towards the nearest person, clutching onto his reunion cape.

"I...I agree with wh-what Madamoisellie is s-saying," Gen said.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Hmm, I was doing some thinking/rereading and I've come to a couple conclusions about Yellow.

I get the feeling that Yellow can't be Third-party, only Town or Mafia (and I'm currently leaning Town thanks to her play. Her posts do not come off as informed/hiding any agenda at all), as she has a role specifically designed to message Third parties (with a special message that has a chance to indicate hostile ones. We know Yellow is not lying about her role due to mechanical evidence. Since every confirmed TP here is an Alien (all containing Town aligned win-cons), it'd be redundant for the hostile TP to have a role designed for rooting out hostile TPs.
[[Hi, yes, thank you for this!

Tbh if Fuse doesn’t flip scum somehow I will eat a hat. And if the game doesn’t end after he’s lynched, I’ll eat ten hats, LOL. The way forward is pretty clear at this point.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I-I..." Gen took a deep breath, and said, "I-I vote K-Kora."

(@Bluwiikoon)

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Bro no. Nothing about this is personal; I'm just trying to stick to facts here, and the fact of the matter is, it is down to the wire--you and Fuze. And realistically speaking, if you are scum, you are 100% more dangerous than Fuze is, for the sole reason of being active. You have a pull in this game that Fuze does not have. You can impact the game. You are a bigger threat than Fuze right now, and nobody can change my mind about that.]]

And yes, I did sus you for doing what I did last game, because people pointed out that my tactics were coming off as scummy, aka, that is a common scum tactic. I learned from that and decided to watch for the same behavior in this game. I don’t think me being lightly sus of someone for playing slightly scummy should be condemning because that’s…that’s the whole game, lol.
[[Alright sure, you got me there. Low hanging fruit.]]

It feels like a really flimsy reason to vote me over an inactive/highly suspicious player? Especially since Fuse claimed vanilla, and if that ain’t sus, especially given this setup, then idk what is.
[[I need somebody to tell me what Fuze did that was so sus. I was admittedly only scanning their posts because they seemed to just be RP flavor and questions to get caught up. And to be fair, I don't think claiming "vanilla" is that suspicious? There's nutty roles but that by no means disqualifies the idea that there could be plain ol' town roles either. Who else died and flipped town before they could confirm their role? They could also be vanilla, js. That does nothing for me.]]

Yellow is Town and Fuse is the last remaining anti-town player (Serial Killer or Traitor), likely a hostile Third-party due to Yellow's role.
[[If Fuse was the last remaining anti-town player and they were a third party, the game would be over]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"H-hey...I just th-thought of something. I-if Kora was the last n-non-Alien town...w-wouldn't he h-have gotten a-a Telemarketer message, instead of S-Steven getting two?" Gen said, gripping onto his reunion cape. "Th-though...that's o-only if the m-messages can't b-be sent to the s-same person twice u-until at least one is sent t-to everyone possible..."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"S-so...if that i-is the case...K-Kora...can't be t-town. Though...o-on second th-thought, this i-is a bit of a s-stretch."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"H-hey...I just th-thought of something. I-if Kora was the last n-non-Alien town...w-wouldn't he h-have gotten a-a Telemarketer message, instead of S-Steven getting two?" Gen said, gripping onto his reunion cape. "Th-though...that's o-only if the m-messages can't b-be sent to the s-same person twice u-until at least one is sent t-to everyone possible..."
[[Well, yes and no. The messages were sent randomly, so it’s not impossible for the same person to get one twice. Weird, maybe, but given the weird set-up of this game, it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s just a thing that can happen and doesn’t necessarily mean much.

That said, though, I don’t think Fuse is Town. His vanilla claim is the most suspicious to me, since this game is extremely role madness-y.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Bro no. Nothing about this is personal; I'm just trying to stick to facts here, and the fact of the matter is, it is down to the wire--you and Fuze. And realistically speaking, if you are scum, you are 100% more dangerous than Fuze is, for the sole reason of being active. You have a pull in this game that Fuze does not have. You can impact the game. You are a bigger threat than Fuze right now, and nobody can change my mind about that.]]
[[Sighhhh…I could make a whole list of why me being mafia would make no sense, and I’ll even write it out if you want me to, but I’d really like you to elaborate on why you’re so suspicious of me. Are you really saying I’m suspicious because I’m more active? Because that logic does not line up. Scum players are often notorious for trying to lay low, and it’s why inactive players nearly always get lynched.
Please tell me what, specifically, I have done to be suspicious. Because so far your argument just feels weak and weirdly placed.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[So far all I’ve gotten from your argument is “Yellow is more active so she’s sus” which…is a very weak point to make. You brought up a few other points (me side-eying you and the whole Gen defense/offense thing), and I addressed those.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[If Fuse was the last remaining anti-town player and they were a third party, the game would be over]]
[[I might have read this wrong but I’m confused. Are you saying Fuse can’t be TP because the game would be over by now if he was? Because…no, it wouldn’t. I’m not sure where you got that from.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I might have read this wrong but I’m confused. Are you saying Fuse can’t be TP because the game would be over by now if he was? Because…no, it wouldn’t. I’m not sure where you got that from.]]
[[???? If there is only one anti-town player left...and they're a third party.....that means there's no scum left....so the game would be over. For example, as per my own rolePM, as a TP myself......

• All Mafia-aligned players are exterminated, achieving a Village victory.
If Fuse was a hostile third party and was the last one standing, and their third party role followed this format but was scum aligned, they've lost, because all scum was eliminated.]]

[[So far all I’ve gotten from your argument is “Yellow is more active so she’s sus” which…is a very weak point to make. You brought up a few other points (me side-eying you and the whole Gen defense/offense thing), and I addressed those.]]
[[I don't know how it's weak--it's straightforward. It's between you and Fuze and you have sway in the game. That makes you more dangerous as potential scum.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
If Fuse was a hostile third party and was the last one standing, and their third party role followed this format but was scum aligned, they've lost, because all scum was eliminated.]]
[[Yet it says mafia-aligned roles. Fuse could very well be a hostile TP with some sort of traitor role, which I believe would make him mafia-aligned. I was never informed of what the anti-town TP was, just that they are anti-town. (They’re likely another custom role made by Bluwii.)

It's between you and Fuze and you have sway in the game.
Still baffled that you find me more suspicious than Fuse. Again, you avoided my question and have failed to tell me specifically why I am suspicious to you.

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re the hostile third party here. You’ve been decently neutral this whole game and have been pretty quiet, only to come out totally swinging for me the second I revealed the true nature of my role. Are you threatened, perhaps? Want to get me lynched so that you’re safe and can survive to the end of the game?

This thought didn’t occur to me until just now, but now that it’s in my head…well. It’s quite the thought. Given your sudden, random, aggressive gunning for me, it’s making me a little suspicious.

Not suspicious enough to vote for you, though. I’m still pretty dang certain that Fuse is our last enemy here. But the fact that you keep tunneling me for wild reasons…it’s not a good look for you.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Still baffled that you find me more suspicious than Fuse. Again, you avoided my question and have failed to tell me specifically why I am suspicious to you.
[[I literally gave you specifics. You refuted them, I relented, but I gave you my specifics. I’m still wholly loyal to my idea that you’re more dangerous than Fuze for this exact reason, though.

I start throwing suspicion at you and now you’re accusing me of being suspicious? When I have LOOOONG confirmed myself as Town-aligned? You’re one of the mechanically non-confirmed players here, which means you’re one of the ones under fire. Keep in mind, I threw out my whooole role alignment PM as an Alien FIRST, to prove I had good intentions in trying to clear Equi. Our PMs ended up matching save for Equi’s Satellite modifier, so that should prove I didn’t tamper with anything there.

I’m Town-aligned, and I’m just trying to make the best decision. And right now I still think you’re more dangerous than Fuze.]]

Top Bottom