• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[INNOCENTS WIN] First Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Wait--okay, initial shock out of the way, Espeon (without breaking any rules--no copying PMs etc from Negrek) can you verify again what your power is? Tracker, or Seer? Did you see that DW was innocent, or that you saw DW doing something to another character?

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
[[“Think it as a kindness,” Desper ‘splained to th’motionally inept lizard. “Just seem too keen to play so dumb. Like bluffin’ with a royal flush’s all I’m sayin’.”]]

I am unvoting and revoting Espurr/Espeon. Sorry to see you go, but I get why you have to.

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
I was the 'ESP' (wasn't given a name beyond that). I watched Chibi the night they were lynched, and saw the next day that DawningWinds performed some sort of action on Chibi that night. The action wasn't specified, but there was only one name.

My role is closest to what Namo posted. I am unaware if I can see the murderer of a character I Watched in this game. If I can't see a Murder, then DawningWind's story checks out. If I can see a Murder, then there's only one name... which makes DawningWinds Mafia.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Wait wait I'm confused. What? What??? You're saying that you tracked Chibi, and you only saw one name on Chibi, which was Dawning Winds.

If DW is telling the truth and performed a switch, doesn't that technically mean you watched qva instead? And only saw dw's switch there?

Aaaaaaaaa help.

What did you do on Night 0?

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
this game sure is going
tanuki i really haven’t understood your play at any point in this game tbh. i don’t really know where to go with that but i feel like i have to put it out there
You know an overflow error, where a number goes so high that it drops to the minimum value? Think of that, but with intelligence.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
My role is closest to what Namo posted. I am unaware if I can see the murderer of a character I Watched in this game. If I can't see a Murder, then DawningWind's story checks out. If I can see a Murder, then there's only one name... which makes DawningWinds Mafia.
Wait that means you didn't see Sike and Sike should've gotten retargeted to qva (as you should've as well) but you didn't which means:
Unvote: Namo
Vote: Sike

If Espeon is telling the truth, then you're lying.

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
I was not given a chance to do anything on Night Zero (assuming Night Zero takes place before the first game). On Night One, after Qva had suggested lynching Chibi, I had a feeling someone might move on either one of those characters, and chose Chibi on random.

When the next day began (after Night 1 concluded), I was told (in private) that DawningWinds performed an action on Chibi specifically. Previously I had assumed this meant the Switch action was two-way and would show up on both characters, but depending on other factors I may have witnessed a Lynch.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Thanks for the raw information, Espeon.

You Watched Chibi, but I imagine the results you gathered NOT say that you were watching "Chibi," right? Just what you saw, right? And you only "saw" DW, not necessarily Chibi. Because I'm pretty sure a swap happens before you do your Watch.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
I protected Espurr night 0. I protected Chibi night 1--or tried to. A switch would absolutely explain why my action failed to protect the right person.

If what Sike said is true, then Espeon should have seen Sike as well as dw...

Chibi is eliminated. Espeon ONLY saw dw. If DW is lying, then Chibi wasn't switched, and Espeon should have seen both Sike and DW, and DW was the killer who performed a Strongman or something.

But that didn't happen...

[[

Even as Diyem was prepared to carry Espurr away, her words, in little, adorable mews, he halted in his tracks and turned around. "If what Espurr is saying is true," Diyem said, "then... why did Espurr not see you?" He narrowed his eyes at Ntairow.

]]

I know this is going to sound awkward, but I kind of don't know if we should respect Espeon's wishes and vote her out now, or take this gambit and aim for Sike. If Espurr turns out innocent, we have a very clear target for Day 3 if my reasoning is stacking up properly.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I suggest this because it's not really fair to force someone to keep playing if they really don't want to/don't have time to, but this setup doesn't easily allow for sub-outs, and it also doesn't seem fair to ask the town to put a whole day into removing someone who's not even suspicious (which gives Mafia an advantage), so I feel like modkilling is kinda the best solution?

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
@SparklingEspeon Maybe you can ask Negrek to modkill you?
Ech. No, I really would prefer to only do that in the case of someone actively breaking the rules/being a detriment to the game. If you can't play anymore or would prefer not to, I would prefer that you simply express as much and then not play and let the other players decide how to handle it. Which is exactly what SparklingEspeon's done, so thank you for that! I feel like modkilling is too beneficial to town to use unless I really have to.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Both DawningWinds and Sike's stories require three actors. They're so intermixed that it seems one story. Espy only got one name, so we can only assume that only one action was performed. Unless what they say about switching is true, and she'd only have gotten the switcher's name... but we only assume that based on
Who did you ask?

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
It's possible that Sike and Winds are both Mafia, and they made up the switching story to clear both of their names. I'm also doubly suspicious of this because Winds immediately threw Sike under the bus to clear their name.

Top Bottom