• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[INNOCENTS WIN] First Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
I'll unvote too for now. If anyone else is a vigilante, please speak up.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
To be frank, I also revealed my role because, on the off-chance I'm not lynched today, I might act as a buffer for the doctors. A well-directed vigilante is basically an extra kill for townies to utilize overnight. They won't want that when Night 3 rolls around. But I'd rather have doctors around than me, if I had to pick.
fwiw, with the information level we’re at, vig can be helpful to mafia too since if you fire randomly you’re more likely to hit town. not that you’d be firing totally randomly, but more kills tend to benefit scum when information is low, is what i’m saying. so i wouldn’t necessarily worry about being scum’s #1 target—i expect they’ll still go after a doctor first.

Sike Saner

fundead
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. glalie
Again, I'll probably be barely out of bed when the day ends, so I think I'd best err on the side of caution here. (I'm neutral on day-extension. Do it if enough people need it, but as for me, I think I need to take a bit of a break from the thread until day 3. Part of me still thinks we should get active sooner rather than later, and to be honest? The Diyem vote on my part was mostly out of feeling like I should do something, at least, and going along with the Diyem train for lack of other ideas.

Meanwhile Ntairow's reasoning for it was hers alone, and even she was somewhat reluctant about it. So let's make it official on both fronts:

[[Ntairow's gaze met Diyem's once more. If he was being sincere... then perhaps everyone was less helpless than they seemed. The idea of someone more than willing to fight back was heartening...

...if he was being sincere. If, if, if. She had already had more than her fill of uncertainty, and it didn't look like that river would stop flowing anytime soon.

"...All right," she said. "I'll retract my vote this time, and I'll furthermore abstain from voting altogether." The night was drawing too near. As much as she disliked maintaining a passive role, at least under the artificial daylight, there just wasn't enough time to make a clear call against anyone.

Damn it all, the night was supposed to be comforting for her kind.]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
fwiw, with the information level we’re at, vig can be helpful to mafia too since if you fire randomly you’re more likely to hit town. not that you’d be firing totally randomly, but more kills tend to benefit scum when information is low, is what i’m saying. so i wouldn’t necessarily worry about being scum’s #1 target—i expect they’ll still go after a doctor first.

Ah... Yeah. That's... also true. Mm. Well. so much for that. This is more or less why I didn't fire off anything on Night 1. If there's no good info on Night 3, I might not fire off then, either... I don't know. I just know I can be helpful IF we've got some split votes, etc. Or something. Vigilante is a huge power role and I don't want to use it recklessly.

If anyone else is a vigilante, please speak up.

Should they even speak up if they're an Even-Night vigilante? Genre wise that might make sense, and they may want to stay hidden and inactive until they're needed, or if their hand is forced... like I felt mine was.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Side note: If there's a way to find a time zone that doesn't destroy my body, that'd also be potentially helpful. It doesn't even have to be a full day, maybe X hours so the "final countdown" is when participants are all active and awake?

My time zone is HST, so that's really inconvenient, so exclude me if it's the only snag in finding a good spot... but I'm generally mostly active any time that isn't midnight ~ 8 AM HST. Which usually means by the time I wake up, time would be gone or I'd be doing morning stuff and unable to catch up in time.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
interesting thought, in the best case tomorrow we can lynch, vigshoot, AND healer clash. three town shots at once. maybe we could even win instantly. wahoo!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
...Wait. Heal clash as a kill against a potential mafia member? I hadn't even considered that--well, assuming heal clash is a mechanic here. Wasn't last time, could be here, especially after the decisive victory we had last time.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Okay, I think what I'll do is extend the day by three hours, which means it runs until 9:30 UTC/5:30 EST/12:30 HST tomorrow. Don't usually do it this early, but if people are going to have to make plans to get up early etc. I want to get it out there early so they hopefully don't actually do that and then find out they'd have had extra time. So, yeah, hopefully that makes things easier on people.

It also means that the day will end about half an hour before tomorrow's voice chat, so there's a little time to relax and get a snack or something before jumping on that, if desired.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"Oh, what the bloody hell is this!" Yami Bakura throws the tea into the air. The cup and saucer crashed to the ground and shattered into hundreds of tiny ceramic shards. "You're going to bloody accuse me of being a bloody murderer because I've done bloody nothing?? I'm more dangerous than all of you combined! How the bloody hell am I supposed to bloody murder somebody and be bloody suspicious because I'm so damn bloody quiet about it?!"
[[Nip blinked at the outburst, trying to make sense of whatever all that was supposed to mean. "Yes. And I happen to hunt to survive. You are not special."]]

I'm gonna be honest, these thoughts might get a bit scattered because it's getting late, but I want to get them out (I was going to say just in case I miss the deadline, but apparently that this got extended.)

Right now, the people I'm most suspicious of:

Namo. Now hold on, let me explain my reasoning. In last year's game, a mafia member claimed to be a 50% redirector, as an explanation of why their ability didn't always work (dragonfree if you could clarify your thinking on that, it would be appreciated, as it *might* help clear Namo). That said... Namo has already mentioned the risk of claiming vigilante, and his reasoning makes sense to me. Still, I'm not willing to clear him 100% at this point in time. I agree that if anyone else can counterclaim his vigilante, they need to speak up asap.

Starlight. Has been absent for much of the game. She has stated a reason, and she does seem fairly new to the game, but right now, with her only popping up with the deadline looming, and not having contributed much to the discussion at this point, I'm kind of suspicious.

I am not suspicious of SparklingEspeon at this time but I will offer her name up for discussion as a possible "safe" lynch (safe in the sense of, she's not contributing to the discussion either, so we have no information from her) since she's been inactive. I know she can post pretty late, so maybe she'll be able to offer information before the deadline.

For right now, I'm going to agree with qva and vote for starlight but I'm more than willing to discuss and change my vote tomorrow (especially since negrek extended the deadline literally right before I posted this)

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
I'd like to second Windskull's point about Espeon/Espurr. I pinged her a while ago and got nothing, and I'm not sure if she's up to playing just yet after all. I can ping her on discord and ask?

I'm... not really sure about Starlight. Mentioned that there would be a useful role, and I'm inclined to believe Starlight on that one, especially after looking through all Starlight's posts. But if the bandwagon goes there rather than no vote (in an effort to gather even more information) I might do so... I'm still not sure. Ugh, I'm Hecto all over again. Diyem's supposed to be more aggressive!

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I'm the one in the crosshairs and even I don't understand the logic here. If I'm really that suspicious, a day kill is absolutely the best way to go. ...Please don't tell me there are roles that also somehow prevent day kills?
So, I’m gonna elaborate a bit on this because I worded it poorly. The nature of all the evidence against Namo leads me to believe he’s innocent, but looks very guilty. I tried to explain both scenarios and failed to enunciate my actual position.

Namo is probably innocent, but looks extremely guilty. Even his proclaimed role is suspicious because it could easily be a reworded Mafia role. He seems more like an unfortunate victim of chance the mafia are using as an easy scapegoat. This is why I voted to jail who I did; Elyvorg seems to be doing exactly that.

I think he’s innocent. But, if he were mafia, The Plan would still effectively make killing one of the few proclaimed roles.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
And one meta thing that has more to do with knowing Namo than his behavior in it is... I feel like if he were Mafia, he would’ve been more competent. Everything he does reeks of suspicion, and I just think he would’ve been more careful if he had to worry about it. Everything he’s done can be interpreted as dangerous, so if he’s Mafia... I don’t wanna say something I’ll regret.

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
Sorry, I've been pretty busy today. I saw Namo's message, but didn't have the time to respond.

As much as I'd love not to, I feel like I'm probably going to end up dropping out sooner or later. This coincided with perhaps the busiest two weeks of the year for me, and I just don't have the free time to set aside routine intervals to post at.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

"Oh, innocent while I look guilty, wonderful. I'm wholly unfamiliar to this." Diyem shrugged openly, though despite everything, his tail flame was dimmer than before. Curse his expressive flame. His hammer had long since returned to shadows, and his hands were trembling, though he refused to let it be known by the others.

Fear... He wasn't supposed to care about this. He just wanted to be done and over with, no matter the outcome. Such was the way of his power, at least in essence. Yet being accused the way he was, so falsely, watching as the innocents tried to jail one of their own in paranoia... It bothered him. Even though, at this point, such things were ever so likely. How many mafia were there? How many misses can they take before they are outnumbered?

Hecto had proclaimed a nearly perfect victory, not a single misdirected strike by the innocents.

Would that trend be over with today?

Some of them were awfully quiet. Perhaps overwhelmed by everything. He was at his wit's end, too. He couldn't blame them... But speaking irrationally would do him no favors. He had already failed himself so many times already.

"...I had said the day before that I was not keen on doing nothing for another night," Diyem said simply, looking down. "But perhaps a safe route would be to lock away those who are truly overwhelmed for now." His eyes trailed to the big-eyed feline nearby. His jaw clenched.

He wasn't supposed to care. And yet...

]]

If you guys went so far as to target me, I'm of the opinion that we still don't have a whole lot of information to go by. Inactive kills are probably in our best interest. The mafia certainly won't want to target them because it'll just get in our way. And--oh cool, I got ninja'd. Give me a moment to revise...

Okay, so with what Espeon just said, I'm taking the safe "we still don't have a lot to go by" route and voting for Espeon/Espurr, citing her own words ad what I mentioned about the mafia being unlikely to target her for the exact same reasons. I should be able to wake up and revise my vote if someone else seems more suspicious, or you guys are going to Starlight for similar inactivity reasons, but that's my stance for now.

If things go that way, Espurr can reveal what she is before dipping, so we have something to go by. That's the optimal choice, right? Someone tell me otherwise.

Top Bottom