• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[INNOCENTS WIN] First Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Very good point. I chipped in on how to best arrange the split-heal thing without actually being sure if it was even a good idea, and this puts the vague hang-ups I was having over it into words better than I could.

I also remembered the possibility that there's a mafia roleblocker, which, if there is one, means that healers announcing even just their pool of targets gives the mafia an easy pass to kill whoever they want just by roleblocking the relevant healer.
it’s not at all weird tbh, persephone was playing catch up and mentioned something that jumped out to her, and it generated discussion. the fact that you’re casting it as opportunistic actually makes me feel worse about you, i feel like your reaction to anything about yourself has been disproportionately hostile
What do you mean, see above? None of what you just said was relevant to my concern (which had nothing to do with you wanting to lynch D1; I don't think that was suspicious at all).

[[Dave squinted at the Raichu. "I'm sorry, you think he's super fucking suspicious and an asset to the mafia whether he's innocent or guilty, and therefore we should not jail him and instead do some convoluted scheme where the mafia might kill him instead?

"Anyway, that alphabet-based doctor plan was some dodgy shit and he sure seems pretty on the defensive right now, so sure, let's jail Diyem, see what happens."]]

I'm not 100% convinced Namo is mafia at this stage (again, I don't think it's alignment-indicative at all that he wanted to lynch on D1, which really is common wisdom), but I agree with qva that he is reacting pretty harshly to being suspected, and it's worth putting more pressure on him at the very least.
Here's the first few I could find. Basically, you've been trying to get people killed and push town politics in the Mafia's favor in the most innocent looking way possible. Everything you've brought up has either been beneficial to the Mafia, or disruptive to the town. You've been hostile towards any accusation. Not just defensive, but hostile as in you shoot back at whoever accuses you instead of just explaining away their reasoning.

The alphabet thing was a seemingly clever idea that upon closer examination, gave the Mafia a huge advantage. You could've had the best intentions, but still, it turned out to not be a good idea and a lot of your ideas have followed this trend. Day one lynching, for example.

And I'd say yeah, we want your role. It can only help the town, because we'll know you're telling the truth if it ends up going against your favor.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
you didn’t want to use your power in fear of hitting an innocent n0, but had to be talked out of randomly lynching d1?

i’m not sure if i doubt your claim but that’s kind of odd tbh.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
You've been hostile towards any accusation.

I have said long ago that Diyem's hostility is just IC. You should know that more than anyone, Tanuki.

The alphabet thing was a seemingly clever idea that upon closer examination, gave the Mafia a huge advantage.

I didn't really know any theory for how that worked, and I'm sorry for that, but I was just trying to make it so the healers wouldn't be disrupted as much. Clearly that didn't work out and just letting them do it randomly would be better, I think? I don't really know how to get into choice theory for this with all the roles at play.

you didn’t want to use your power in fear of hitting an innocent n0, but had to be talked out of randomly lynching d1?

i’m not sure if i doubt your claim but that’s kind of odd tbh.

No, night 0 I couldn't use my power. Odd-night. On day 1, I was very keen on doing a lynch in the day, before Chibi and company said why that was a bad idea. So when Night 1 rolled around, I didn't use my power, simply because I was convinced during day 1 that it was a bad idea.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
No, night 0 I couldn't use my power. Odd-night. On day 1, I was very keen on doing a lynch in the day, before Chibi and company said why that was a bad idea. So when Night 1 rolled around, I didn't use my power, simply because I was convinced during day 1 that it was a bad idea.
ooh, right. gotcha.
i’m kind of inclined to believe you, but need to sleep on it. when is EOD again?
i’m going to unvote for now. i don’t really know who else to go for right now, but meh. hopefully someone else will come up with something. i’ve done my pushing for the day, zzz.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
I have said long ago that Diyem's hostility is just IC. You should know that more than anyone, Tanuki.
fwiw, your hostility was also ooc. shading persephone for casting reasonable suspicion on you earlier, pressing so hard on me for an answer after hinting at the mere possibility of maybe voting for you (which i did not end up actually doing). that’s what he’s referring to.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
i’m kind of inclined to believe you, but need to sleep on it. when is EOD again?
In about 14.5 hours. I usually try to give a twelve-hour warning with the vote at that time, but based on when that lands at the moment I'll admit there's a distinct possibility I fall asleep and miss it. :P

Sike Saner

fundead
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. glalie

End of day's about 14 and a half hours away. Unfortunately I have a tendency to get out of bed like an hour or so before that time at best sdddfsd... Kind of concerned that I might miss something important as such.

Blar. I really don't know how to feel about this situation in the wake of the role reveal...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Everything he does is to clear his name or muddy someone else’s. He’s super suspicious, and everyone knows it, but that’s why we shouldn’t kill him. Whether he’s innocent or guilty, he’s an asset to the mafia. They can make him look guilty easily at this point, so they don’t want him dead.

I'm the one in the crosshairs and even I don't understand the logic here. If I'm really that suspicious, a day kill is absolutely the best way to go. ...Please don't tell me there are roles that also somehow prevent day kills?

What I'm trying to approach is why I'm innocent and try to put out the fire I may have made for myself. Not why keeping me alive "if I'm mafia" is a good idea. It wouldn't.

What do you mean, see above? None of what you just said was relevant to my concern (which had nothing to do with you wanting to lynch D1; I don't think that was suspicious at all).

My bad, what I meant by "See above" is that I made a theory based on game theory that might have helped, but once again forgot to take into account the many roles at play that could make such things... not work out. The idea of a "mafia roleblocker" in particular just didn't cross my mind. So, similar to my wrong-genre-savvy metagaming in day 1, I made the same mistake day 2. If I wasn't off streaming, I would have agreed to this dispute to my original theory earlier. Guess I wasn't as lucky this time around.

fwiw, your hostility was also ooc. shading persephone for casting reasonable suspicion on you earlier,

That... When did I do that? I'm pretty sure I was directing that at Tanuki and Desper, if... I was reading his prose correctly, which in all honesty I might not have. I'm not good with heavy accents when even the narration does it. Like, I slept through a LOT of the game due to my time zone, so I understand why my statements might have been misattributed when I was doing my catch up post as well, but... My bad.

As for so harshly pressing on you in particular, this is my reasoning: Early in the game, I was already trying to get things rolling and get the rp going (In all honesty, playing Diyem has been fun) but the "first blood" was that non-bold accusing me, at least, that's how I saw it. And Diyem asking about it again, he was completely ignored for SEVERAL posts. Which heightened my suspicion. It was never answered.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
I also need to go to bed and stop fixating on this thread when I'm tired and can't properly think through what I make of the roleclaim. So, tentative unvote for now as well, will think more about this whole situation later when I'm more awake.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
ahhh shit. i don’t think i’m going to be around for EOD. i haven’t had time to fully process namo’s claim, but i feel closer to null on him now anyway so the lynch doesn’t feel quite as good. in a world where tanuki isn’t (probably) doc i’d go for him because his posting has been weird to me this whole game, but this is not that world.
i’m going to park on starlight aurate. hasn’t really been around, pretty much just pops in when people start talking about lynching inactives (and kinda reacts too strongly imo?), just makes easy votes, etc. hopefully y’all think of something better.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
I'm the one in the crosshairs and even I don't understand the logic here. If I'm really that suspicious, a day kill is absolutely the best way to go. ...Please don't tell me there are roles that also somehow prevent day kills?
I'm struggling to keep up and it's getting late so I'm not voting yet, but Fwiw and to answer your question, there are day-immune roles, but it's not one of the roles that Negrek included. I might cast my vote before I go to bed if I can get my thoughts and reasoning sorted out, but I'm going to hold off for the moment.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
That... When did I do that? I'm pretty sure I was directing that at Tanuki and Desper, if... I was reading his prose correctly, which in all honesty I might not have. I'm not good with heavy accents when even the narration does it. Like, I slept through a LOT of the game due to my time zone, so I understand why my statements might have been misattributed when I was doing my catch up post as well, but... My bad.
the conversation about you kicked back up again because persephone pointed out the weirdness of your interaction with me yesterDay, and then you came in and commented on how it was opportunistic for people to dredge it back up while you were away. i guess it kind of (?) makes sense if you didn’t backread and genuinely missed all that, but that’s how it looked.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
ahhh shit. i don’t think i’m going to be around for EOD. i haven’t had time to fully process namo’s claim, but i feel closer to null on him now anyway so the lynch doesn’t feel quite as good. in a world where tanuki isn’t (probably) doc i’d go for him because his posting has been weird to me this whole game, but this is not that world.
i’m going to park on starlight aurate. hasn’t really been around, pretty much just pops in when people start talking about lynching inactives (and kinda reacts too strongly imo?), just makes easy votes, etc. hopefully y’all think of something better.
Awwww I don't wanna die yet. But yeah haha I admit that I'm not that good at this game ^_^; The reacting strongly part was in-character for Yami Bakura. I don't really have much in the way of my defense since this is my first time playing and I know that all I've done is hop on the bandwagon. I don't want to leave the game and I think my role is useful... but I don't know how to reveal it without painting a target on my back ._.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
FWIW I am open to extending the day phase if it's going to be a hardship for people to post much/at all before things come to a close. Don't like to do it, but if it looks like people really need more time for discussion I'm not going to cut you all off.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Also echoing that I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything going on, as other players also seem to be. I'm suspicious of Sike Saner and Tanuki both claiming to be doctors and of Namohysip for revealing their role outright (though to be fair they were in a bit of a pickle). I just feel like it's a bit too good of a coincidence that Espurr was targeted and protected on night zero... But it's late and I should also probably try posting when I can collect my thoughts better.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
The reacting strongly part was in-character for Yami Bakura.
fair enough! i couldn’t tell how much of that was rping, hence the question mark parenthetical. i’m not married to lynching you and it is indeed sad to get kicked out of the game —hopefully it doesn’t come to that! and please don’t claim over this. i just want to park my vote somewhere more useful than “no vote” because i won’t be back before EOD, no hard feelings. 😝

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Okay, yeah. That one's on me, sorry. Desper has been particularly targeting Diyem for a while, and I genuinely don't know if that's because of meta or not (Tanuki is already familiar with Diyem's character and can't get enough of him) and maybe I was misinterpreting that as actual gameplay.

Word of warning: I'm going to set an alarm for myself on a Sunday so I can try to catch up on this, but I'll have to also preemptively cast my vote at some point, too. I don't know who for. Give me some time to review Starlight's posts and maybe I'll see, even if it's solely for inactivity.

but I don't know how to reveal it without painting a target on my back ._.

If things start looking like it's for you and you're inactive/inexperienced with this game, you might want to just say what you are and what you know on your way out. If you're innocent, that's going to be enough confirmation that what you said was true. Innocents still win even if they're dead.

If enough people say what they are, we might eventually get counterclaims, too. Nobody has counter-claimed by vigilante role yet, and I bet if I was taken out and seen as innocent, they, too, would be taken out next because they might've been the mafia.

and of Namohysip for revealing their role outright (though to be fair they were in a bit of a pickle).

That's literally why I revealed it, yes. I expressed my hesitance about this earlier. If I was mafia, picking a role like vigilante and not even one that did any kills seems like a dumb risk to make. I think. At this point I'm doubting myself.

To be frank, I also revealed my role because, on the off-chance I'm not lynched today, I might act as a buffer for the doctors. A well-directed vigilante is basically an extra kill for townies to utilize overnight. They won't want that when Night 3 rolls around. But I'd rather have doctors around than me, if I had to pick.

...But not by the hands of the innocents, obviously, which is why I'm vehemently trying to fight for my innocence here. Do I need to cite psychology textbooks that being passionate about being accused of something isn't necessarily a sign of guilt, but counter-intuitive innocence? Because that might be what's happening here. And I had dug my own grave. So I'm trying to climb out of it now even if I have to drop some weight and reveals to do it.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
I got ninja'd, but let me reiterate: Starlight should NOT reveal anything until and unless it's guaranteed to be going out. It's just to prevent loss of information on the town side.

...Please tell me that isn't a misplay. I don't trust myself anymore on this role-heavy meta.

Top Bottom