• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Air Continent ~ Great Canyon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut yawned. "Did anyone hear that? Sounded like a gush of hot air, but with Groudon, it's hard to tell."

Esper sniffed at the air. "Smells more like Chaotic Neutral to me."

"Excuse me?"

"C'mon, don't tell me you forgot our Dungeons and Dragonite sessions!" Esper nudged Bahamut's mane.

"We did no such thing."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Like this place really needed more damn heat. The air near Groudon boiled, and Nate's skin blistered even just being in his vicinity. Rocky was having a great time, of course.

"All right," Nate growled. "Looks like the team's slowing down a bit." And also speaking some other language? Was Diyem's magic translation thing not working anymore? Great timing on that. "Hey, Crobat! Chill out a second. Silver's trying to find you. You remember Silver, right?"

The air filled with drifting volcanic ash. Another attack from Groudon? Nate ducked his head, spitting out a piece that had gotten in his mouth. But no, the bits that hadn't been burnt up in the legend's sweltering heat were... colorful?

"It's confetti!" Rocky said, flicking a couple pieces out of the air. "And, look! It's Darkwhite!"

"Oh, damn." And she'd managed to snag a couple of the pokéballs from the lucario, too. "Nice work! Looks like you got your rayquaza after all." That might be bad news for Rayquaza. Hopefully something would come out of the lucario and Darkwhite meeting up again, though.

"Yeah, I'm ready to party!" Rocky bounced on the balls of his feet, flames blazing. "Let's kick that groudon's butt!"

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
A small whirlwind of ice surrounded Nip as he launched himself at Groudon, aiming consecutive spinning kicks at the behemoth's chest. As he landed, he did his best to ignore the blistering heat, even as the smell of singed fur reached his nostrils. He dashed forward, his claws coated in shadow as he aimed to jab at Groudon's ankles.

They're just using you, the nagging dark voice in the back of his head said. As soon as this is all over, they'll cast you aside like the worthless beast you are.

Nip bared his teeth in a snarl as he struck again, fighting against the dark thoughts in his head.

Let's see how Groudon likes getting stabbed in the feet.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Nip's Triple Axel hit Groudon for 28, 56, and then 83 damage!
Nip's two Shadow Spikes dealt a total of 294 damage and poisoned Groudon!
Brisa's two Shadow Mauls dealt 1945 damage total to Groudon!
Astrid's quad Hex on Groudon dealt 1232 damage to Groudon!
Curio's three Shadow Malfunctions dealt 887 damage total to Groudon!
Starr's Flare Blitz dealt 375 damage to Groudon and she took 38 damage in recoil!
Dave's Shadow Charge dealt 383 damage to Groudon!
Dave's double Assurance dealt 643 damage to Groudon!
Shiron's Earthquake dealt 350 damage to Groudon!
Shiron's Shadow Maelstrom dealt 371 damage to Groudon!
Cabot's triple Stone Edge dealt 1230 damage to Groudon!
Vix's double Hex dealt 733 damage to Groudon!

Bahamut's Blast Seed dealt 100 damage to Shield!
Starr's dual Flare Blitz dealt 181 damage to Shield and she took 18 damage in recoil!
Shield dodged Celete's Blast Seed and Groudon dodged Celeste's Assurance, but his second Assurance hit for 217 damage!

The dust settled--burning dust, really--like they were right next to a volcano. Groudon had weathered it all, and despite their best efforts, he withstood the strikes. And then...

Shield grunted, staggering back from Starr's hits. He snarled at her, but he was burning on parts of his fur and he didn't look like he'd be able to take many more hits. "You... Team Spectrum... You are strong." He stepped forward, holding a hand toward Groudon. "But your strikes did not burn enough..." Darkwhite appeared before him and he yelped in surprise, swatting at her. She was just a haze by the time he'd gotten the chance to strike.

Shield used Helping Hand on Groudon!
Shield used Blinding Boon on Groudon, raising his Defense and Resistance by 2!
Shield tried to attack Darkwhite, but Darkwhite dodged!

Groudon used Precipice Blades!
Astrid: 203, KO!
Bahamut: 49
Brisa: Skara took the blow for 141 damage but protected Brisa from the hit as the shield broke! Brisa gained a Protect!
Cabot: Dodged!
Celeste: Dodged!
Curio: 189, KO!
Dave: 224, KO!
Nip: Dodged!
Shiron: 98
Starr: Dodged!
Vix: 210, KO!

Shiron, Nip, Celeste, Brisa, and Bahamut suffered from burns!
Nip and Celeste fainted from their burns!

"It's pointless to keep going," Shield said. "Surrender now! Otherwise, I will have Groudon strike you down here, Emissaries. I... Groudon?"

He wasn't responding. He was standing, yes, but he was not responding. The lava on his body was cooling and, while he was breathing, it was slow. Patches of his rocky body seemed darker than they should have been...

Groudon took 625 Poison damage! Groudon is KOed!

"So, do I do it like this?" Darkwhite asked, and then, suddenly, Groudon disappeared in a flash of light, and Darkwhite was holding three capture spheres in her arms. She seemed to be ahving trouble holding them all at once...

"N-no, I..." Shield stepped back. "You... I'm still here! And so is my team! We won't..." Shield looked toward Typhlosion and the others, who were exhausted and barely able to continue fighting. Crobat in particular seemed conflicted from what Nate was talking about, and the team was discussing quietly among one another.

Shield: 147
He doesn't know any offensive attacks...

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
How sad the puppy looked all on his own. It was whatever. Bahamut otherwise kept his mind blank and empty. Prevent any unwanted mindreading shenanigans that he couldn't account for. He did, however, signal to any teammates still up with his tail. Then, without warning, he hurled Esper as hard as he could at Darkwhite.

That was the feint. He also charged to strike her directly. He could only hope at least someone picked up on his line of thinking in case Darkwhite reacted quick enough. Perhaps a double feint could get those capture devices from her...

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yeah, you got it!" Rocky said when Darkwhite recalled Groudon. "Do you know how to juggle? Pokéballs are good for that. Usually people keep them on special belts when they have a lot of them, but probably nobody around here has one. I mean, they wouldn't, right? Pokéballs aren't supposed to--wait! Stop!"

"Oh, fuck me. Come on, give it a fucking second!" Nate called after the charging Necrozma. "This whole fucking stupid fight started because people wanted to punch things instead of explain what the fuck they were talking about. You." He pointed at the lucario. "What the fuck is all this Telum shit about, anyway? What exactly do you think the lot of us are up to, here? Because if I'm part of some fucking evil plan, I'd rather fucking know about it. I ain't looking to destroy any worlds or whatever the fuck, so if that's really what's going on here, how about you enlighten us and then probably we'll be on your side, no punching required."

Silver's pokémon were conferring amongst themselves. Hopefully that was a good thing and not a sign of another round of battle about to start. "Though kidnapping that lot from their trainer doesn't exactly make me think you're one of the good guys. At the very least, you oughta let them go."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Fuck.

Celeste could barely think through his pain, much less do anything to resist Darkwhite. His mouth and throat were dry from Groudon’s heat. It hurt to speak, but he did so anyways.

“Sh... Sheild. We need... to work with each other. She cannot be allowed to have them. The enemy... of your enemy?”

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot noticed what Bahamut was doing and got ready to fire several sharp stones at Darkwhite from underneath her the moment she’d be distracted by him. Perhaps a well timed Stone Edge from an unexpected angle could get her to drop those strange Apricorn-like spheres... Either way, they could not let Rayquaza and the others go through the same thing Lugia did.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Gyah!" Darkwhite dodged left, easily evading Bahamut, but then narrowly avoided the followup from Cabot's Stone Edge. "Hey, what's the big ide--" Awell-aimed stone from nearby hit the Poke Ball from Darkwhite's grasp as several more Pokemon swarmed over Shield to make sure he was secure. Typhlosion rose up, the flame on his back flaring up with anxiety, looking like he was ready to strike back at a moment's notice.

That went into Bahamut's hands first, and the other two were quickly wrestled from Darkwhite next, who screeched angrily. "Hey! Those were MY winnings!"

"Stay... stay away," Shield said. "I don't... you won't be able to get me. Not like the others! You won't trick me! E-everyone, huddle together! G-guys?"

Crobat and the others hesitated. They seemed unsure. And then, Nate's badge buzzed.

[Pop]: Yooo good job. Was watching. Couldn't get close. You need me now? Seems there's still a distortion. Just one but really concentrated, maybe that Lucario.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
As the other two Poké Balls fell down, Pleo swooped in and caught them on his back.

"I got them! I got them!" he cried, carefully balancing to make sure the Poké Balls wouldn't roll off. The Lugia circled back towards Cabot and the others, Cabot throwing another Stone Edge at Darkwhite to cover Pleo's escape.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Wohoo! Go team! Go team! Go team!” squealed Petram, clapping his stubby forepaws together.

“Yes. That was… a swell job, everyone,” commented Icetales, trading pleased gazes with whoever was around him.

The two walked alongside the others to circle the Lucario and his soldiers, but there was something that struck Icetales as odd…

"Stay... stay away," Shield said. "I don't... you won't be able to get me. Not like the others! You won't trick me! E-everyone, huddle together! G-guys?"

The others? What was he talking about?

“Good sir, please. Be at ease,” cooed Icetales with a gentle voice, his tails waving with an almost hypnotic pattern. “We do not mean trouble, all right? All we wish is to help, nothing else.”

“Yup yup! Daddy’s good ‘mon, he wouldn’t hurt or backstab anyone! He’s not that kinda guy!” exclaimed Petram, puffing up his chest. “So don’t call him a trickster, got it?”

Icetales beamed a humble smile. “Now, why don’t we all just… relax, yes, and thou tell us why you’ve forced us into this fight?” He narrowed his eyes. “What were thee trying to do? Don’t be afraid to open up, we won’t judge.”

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa let the more diplomatic types talk down Shield and his gaggle of offworld mon. They could handle that for her. She was in no condition to be dealing with such things right now.

Yeah, you just can't deal with shit, can you?

She was busy contending with the effects of using so much Radiance and Shadow. Swirling thoughts, definitely her own, but both tainted with darkness and bursting at the seams. She was in so much pain, too. She'd been burning alive the whole goddamn fight, sustained by healing efforts and her own tenacity.

You fucking feral. You're a goddamn liability. Power like yours should be in someone else's paws, not your own.

She tried to breathe steadily and stare at a fixed point. A patch of dust, each grain something to hold onto rather than listen to her own thoughts.

That's why you keep yearning for other mon. You want them to take the responsibility from you. Make your decisions for you.

"Fuuuuuck," she moaned, closing her eyes.

That too. It'll never happen, though. Pathetic.

"Brisa? Look at me, darlin'."

Luz' voice. Brisa didn't want to look at her. She didn't want to hear what her thoughts had to say about her familiar. But Luz put a paw on each of Brisa's shoulders, and kept asking. So she opened her eyes and looked at the sable approximation of a zeraora. It occurred to Brisa as she studied Luz up close that Luz didn't look entirely like she'd have expected. She looked... a little like Brisa, too.

Your familiar is just YOU, bleeding out into the open for everyone to see, ain't she? An electric cat, desperate to connect with people, making them uncomfortable just by being in the same room as them, rash and arrogant and full of power she didn't earn. That's you. That's what you are.

She wimpered, trying to hide from her own brain. Why did her own thoughts sound so much like Jesse–?

"Brisa, it's gonna be okay. It'll just take a minute to go away if you push a little. Come on, focus on me. Focus on the good things."

She couldn't think of any good things. Every good thing was marred by doubt. Luz was counterfeit. Astrid was too good for her. Curio didn't need her. Owen was better than her. Celeste needed more than her.

"Brisa? You were really somethin' takin' down those Legendaries. You always knew you could do it, and you darn well did it. Just think what Starr will have to say about you puttin' the hurt on a god, huh?"

Starr—

She'd already hurt Starr, with words and teeth, and yet... They were friends. That was right. She could get things wrong and it wouldn't mean losing everyone and everything forever. Starr proved that. She wasn't just a violent animal. She wasn't.

The light and shadow faded, and the painful thoughts with them.

She'd be okay.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen approached Brisa in silence and knelt down next to her, smiling. He didn't say anything at first and nodded to Luz.then, he held out an Oran. "Good fighting out there," he said, though Owen himself looked pretty dinged up as well. His breath smelled like burned seeds, likely from the Grass attacks he had been lobbing nonstop, and one of his eyes was closed shut from being hit a little too hard. But it was nothing he couldn't handle. Pokemon were hardy like that.

Cal, meanwhile, seemed more focused on Shield, who was staring Darkwhite down.

Something was bothering him. He stepped forward, slowly, and said, "You... I remember you. You're from... before. You were one of that Mewtwo's..."

Darkwhite was uncharacteristically silent, looking at the Poke Balls that Pleo had stole yet made no effort to chase him. She was too focused on Shield. Her hazy body looked more solid than ever.

Shield held out a hand, like he wanted to try to hold hers.

Darkwhite flinched and jumped away her body growing hazy again. She giggled and it became a cackle, but still no words came. Was it a nervous laugh?

Typhlosion was saying somethin but it was in some feral tongue, not one that the team would be familiar with. It was similar, perhaps a few words making themselves out, but too different to hold a conversation. Words like human, trainer, leader. It was perhaps not the definition of the word but the way it was carried. Pokemon often spoke through feelings, after all. And it seemed like Typhlosion was asking about Silver.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate scowled while his teammates ganged up on Darkwhite, his gaze flicking between the mewthing and Shield. If she fucking poofed after all the work he'd done to get her here... But, thankfully, she seemed too distracted to care much about losing the pokéballs. Whatever was going on between her and Shield, he didn't want to get in the middle of it. Whatever their deal was, they'd have to figure it out themselves.

Rocky jumped when Nate's badge buzzed. He'd probably forgotten about it completely by this point. "Oh! He replied! Ah..." The familiar fumbled the badge out to read Arceus' response. "Umm, yes! Can you hear me? Can you find Silver, umm, the cosmog? We found his pokémon... I think they want to see him. Could you get him a badge so he could call us. Or, umm, send him here?"

Meanwhile, the typhlosion was asking something about Silver? Goddammit, this was a bad time for Diyem's magic translation to fail. Where the hell had that asshole gone off to?

Nate spat a water gun into the dust and drew a stick figure in the mud. Fuck, what did Champion Silver look like, again? Pretty much all Nate could remember was that he had red hair, and a lot of it. Nate added some squiggly lines to hopefully convey long hair, and drew some circles near the stick figure's waist for pokéballs. "Yeah, so Silver... your trainer... he's in Destiny Village." He put a cluster of rectangle-buildings nearby, then drew a tall tower behind all of them. A final arrow went from the Silver drawing to the town. "We're trying to get him here so he can talk to you."

He was also now a tiny puffball who wouldn't be able to communicate with his pokémon or maybe even remember them at all. There was every possibility that a reunion wouldn't go well, but, well, what the hell else were you going to do?

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
While keeping a tight grip on the poké ball he managed to snag — was it Rayquaza's? Stars above, that would be ironic — Bahamut glanced between Darkwhite and Shield. "Were you not in the company of one of these mewtwo before?" He shook his head. "Honestly, if you two are going to have a stare down, at least do it in a holding cell back in Destiny Village. I don't care if one of you can warp away whenever you please."

A pause, then, "Besides, little kitty, we've grown so boring, haven't we? I'm sure a new playmate would be much more fun." Bahamut pointed at Shield, resisting the urge to gag.

"You're not selling it, Baha Blast."

"Silence, you dunce."

"I know you are, but what am I?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Shield looked to Bahamut, then back at Darkwhite. "...I'm fighting a Mewtwo with the help of another Mewtwo," he said simply. "He was supposed to come with me. He was going to take you out when you weren't looking. But he's..."

"Sorry, I crashed that party."

Behind them, in a flash of golden light, was Arceus, and bound in golden chains was a Mewtwo that they all found to be very familiar. while it was unfortunately not Giovanni, it was--

"Karat?" Owen said. "You're the Mewtwo?!"

"Who else would it have been?" Karat said with a snarl, glaring at them. "What do you think this world is, the Mewtwo clearance sale?"

"Just wait until a third one shows up," Cal muttered with an eyeroll, which looked more like her flames swirling in her head.

Darkwhite finally stopped giggling when she saw Karat, but then turned her attention back to Shield. The Mew and Lucario locked eyes.

"...Right. you're... Darkwhite." Shield stepped forward. He knew he was trapped and there was no point in trying to run, now. Not with Arceus. Even if he tried to disable them, it wouldn't last. But something else was bothering him. "Something about you is familiar. I only became a Lucario recently, but... are... your aura. The feeling I get from you, it's..."

"This is boring," Darkwhite said, spinning around. "I think I'm gonna go. This wasn't the party you guys told me it'd be!"

"Wait," Shield said. "Please, Darkwhite, are--" He hastily rummaged through his bag and pulled out an odd, dark blue scarf. "Are you Sword?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"What if I offered you divine cake?" Bahamut said, completely straight-faced. "I found the recipe in the library's restricted section. Apparently the taste is so good it's killed some mortals."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Hello?" Rocky said into the badge. "Are you there? Can you hear--oh." Arceus appeared in a burst of golden energy. "I guess he's busy."

"That guy," Nate growled, watching Karat struggle against Arceus' chains. It fucking figured. What the fuck did you expect from a fucking mewtwo? And there was still another one running around out there eviling it up, Jesus Christ. To Typhlosion he said, "Uh, sorry. It looks like it's gonna take a few minutes to sort all this out."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Typhlosion frowned, but he seemed to recognize the drawing. And whatever Nate said, or whatever Typhlosion interpreted, it was enough to have him stand down. Convenient, because Typhlosion looked ready to lash out at Darkwhite.

The corrupted, hazy Mew had gone back to laughing when Shield said that name. "Sword? Sword, a name, Sword, haha... you said Sword... S-Sword, that name, Sword..." Her paws were twitching and the haze solidified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom