• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Fourth Anniversary Vanilla Mafia

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Less than one hour remains! Sorry for no flavor here, I’m currently on the go and can’t get too into the post atm.

The vote tally stands as follows:

• (3) Theo (FauxFox)
- Whiskey (unrepentantauthor)​
- Noel (Sinderella)​
- Espurr (SparklingEspeon)​

• (2) Whiskey (unrepentantauthor/Jackie)
- Loaf (Flygon/Tetra)​
- Maressa (Starlight)​
• (1) Loaf (Flygon/Tetra)
- Theo (FauxFox) ]]​

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Wow I sound deranged. Car problem stuff. Not time to elaborate]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
As the seconds wound down on the clock, Theo resigned to his fate with a wistful smile.

"Since I got the most votes first, I doubt I have time to try to switch and live, but it's been fun." Theo sighed. "I hope the killers hit either each other or the bulletproof so my fellow townies get another day or two, best of luck to you all, and advice for the future is accepted. But hey, those bubbles look like fun, and again, this game has been an exciting opportunity." Theo then turns to Mew. "Alright, I'm ready to go, beam me up."

Mew chirped in response. What a brave lad! Just as she did with Stygian, Mew summoned a bubble that enclosed around Theo and lifted him up, up, and up, until he vanished just like the others with a pop!

Mew gave the remaining players a salute with her tail, then did a backflip into the fountain with a loud splash.

FINAL VOTE TALLY:

• (4) Theo (FauxFox)
- Whiskey (unrepentantauthor)
- Noel (Sinderella)
- Espurr (SparklingEspeon)
- Loaf (Tetra/Flygon)

- Maressa (Starlight)
- Theo (FauxFox)

THEO HAS BEEN ELIMINATED. HE WAS TOWN.

NIGHT 2 HAS BEGUN.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
They came for him in the night. Though helpless to fight his fate, Whiskey showed no fear.

"I would be lying if I said I had foreseen this. And yet... I am unsurprised."

Whiskey stared down his death with a mirthless smile.

"Very well," he growled, spreading his arms wide. "I can only do so much, and I have done what I can. I take my leave. May the most _competent_ participants take the win."

Bitter fatalism laced with disapproval. Whiskey was nothing if not consistent.

"Now kill me, and be done with it. I will leave no corpse to honour."

When morning broke over the eerily quiet town square, Mew was already waiting for them, bobbing gently over the fountain. Once everyone had gathered, she summoned five large bubbles, then theatrically bounced them about until she popped one with glee. She circled around the fountain as it came to life to spell out the morning announcement:

WHISKEY HAS BEEN ELIMINATED. HE WAS TOWN.

THE COUNTDOWN TO NIGHT 3 HAS BEGUN.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
"No, no, no, no, no."

Maressa clenched her fists in frustration when she saw the rest of those there unanimously vote out the Zorua.

"I knew Theo was innocent! But you all tunneled him anyway because of his experience!"

She pursed her lips as she glanced at where Whiskey had gone. "But I was wrong about that one..."

She looked at the remaining party: Espurr, Noel, and Loaf. She grimaced.

"I think we're at parity with killers, whether two Mafia members or one Mafia member and a Serial Killer, and two innocents. I really want to hear from you two," she said with a pointed glare at Espurr and Loaf. "I'll explain why after I hear from the others here."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Hm okay, so looks like I was right, Seren and Wind HAD to be Lovers, because nobody else died last night, meaning there is most likely no more kills. I’d also dare say there probably isn’t a doc in play anymore unlesssssssssss there is and they hella protected the wrong person.

So, I started the vote on FauxFox this last phase. Whisky was with me, and has flipped town. Espy also voted with it, as did Flygon. Scum is MOST LIKELY one of these two. Starlight never changed her vote, and I guess it was because she lost track of time, but I feel like if she was scum she’d have jumped on the bandwagon ASAP. But I’m still waffling on that.

I do want to hear A LOT more from @SparklingEspeon. I’ve felt pretty okay from most of the posts they made but we’re down to the wire and now I need to hear some more. But, my red alert at the moment is definitely @Flyg0n tbh. But my flip can go either way.]]

"I knew Theo was innocent! But you all tunneled him anyway because of his experience!"
“Hate to say it but this makes me feel better about you, somehow. You probably could have jumped on that wagon to ensure he got taken out, but didn’t, and now you’re mad about it. Not that you should be, for all intents and purposes. You could have defended him. But, it was information, so? It is what it is.”

"I think we're at parity with killers, whether two Mafia members or one Mafia member and a Serial Killer,
Noel sucked his teeth. “Only one person died last night. I’d eat my own foot if it turned out there was a serial killer. Those first two were lovers, I’m sure of it. Or, we have the most inept serial killer ever in our midst. And that’s that.”

I really want to hear from you two," she said with a pointed glare at Espurr and Loaf. "I'll explain why after I hear from the others here."
As much as Noel didn’t appreciate this chick’s weird unprovoked attitude toward him, he felt himself lean forward at her remark. Did she have some tea on them? Well, now he was definitely all ears.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Actually now that i’ve written my thoughts out, maybe there is a doc and a serial killer and doc miraculous targeted whoever the SK went after??? But there’s 4 of us left, I just have SUCH a hard time believing there is an SK, Scum, a Doc, and another town left??????? THEY HAD TO BE LOVERS, I WILL START A BRUSH FIRE IF I’M WRONG ON GOD /j ]]

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[I do want to hear A LOT more from @SparklingEspeon. I’ve felt pretty okay from most of the posts they made but we’re down to the wire and now I need to hear some more.]]
"Agreed. All right, Espurr, we need you to speak up. @HelloYellow17 my vote is on Espurr unless she can defend herself."

[[But, my red alert at the moment is definitely @Flyg0n tbh. But my flip can go either way.]]
"What are your reasons for targeting Loaf?" Maressa frowned. She always liked the Dachsbund. He smelled so nice.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[HHHNNNNNGGGGGG I tried to stop this too arghhh. I thought jackie was safe too unless....

Okay I think I have a REAL theory now I feel like, post incoming]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"What are your reasons for targeting Loaf?" Maressa frowned. She always liked the Dachsbund. He smelled so nice.
“I wrote an entire paragraph on it on my board. Granted, I did acknowledge that their effortpost from yesterDay made me feel slightly better about them but I’ve felt better about the espurr’s few posts than I have about their many. But I also did say my vote can swing either way depending on what they both say toDay. Either way, I’m fairly certain it’s a 50/50 swing between both of them.”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[
[[We're running out of time and I've exhausted myself today doing house move stuff so I'm not likely to get an effortpost in sharpish but:
  • I'm still feeling good about Sind and Espy
  • Not sure how I'm feeling about Tetra and Star
  • Moderately suspicious of FauxFox
Have a bunch of thoughts about the effects of timezones, Discord use and suchlike on Mafia behaviour.

Also have thoughts about what people have said about Bulletproof. It's true that one kill last night could be explained by one shot hitting a bulletproof. But I am quite certain that this is not what happened, which is why I didn't consider the possibility.

Bit disappointed at the lack of confidence in me as Town, if I'm honest. I suppose I can see understand some of the given reasons, but I was low key expecting to safely coast considering how much powertowning I've been doing. Why is aggressive voting being described as a scumtell? I'm always leading votes as Town in these games, and I dare you to find me three examples of Mafia leading wagons. Besides, Town's only win condition is voting people out, while Mafia can pick everyone off at night and prevaricate during the day – trying to vote players is (often) less sus than trying to prevent it, and the only player we've voted out so far confessed first. We haven't made any blind eliminations! We have no voting information to judge people by! Let's bloody well kill someone and then stitch up anybody whose arguments are sus in hindsight once we know the result.

Anyway, this post was a softclaim.]]
First off, jackie calls a softclaim. We know now that jackie told the truth, at the time it was in the air. This is important because the softclaim as I understand was BP? Could have been a bluff (idk is that a thing that would do? If I was towny I'd do this, i think Pano did too, drawing fire or something?). regardless, Jackie's points have weight to them.

Jackie was towning pretty hard aggressively but I felt like there was something beneath the surface. IF she had the BP role this might explain my misgivings. Also noted jackie expressed some doubts about various players, but given jackie was town, ultimately it means falliblity, but even so its worth giving attention to the general ideas put forth.

That's fair! I just have a pet theory that Chibi would have fought back or worked to plant misleading ideas if the scumteam had been strong. The way they instantly confessed and dipped has been bugging me a little, and it's lead me to suspect that they had one less-active or timezone-incompatible buddy, and became demoralised as a result of the difficulty of coordinating. That could implicate FauxFox. That could implicate Star. It could implicate Espy but I don't feel like it's her.

Jackie makes what I think is a really interesting point and given that they ought to know chibi better than anyone, I give it weight. Its highly worth thinking about why things shook out how they did D1. And my money is on Espy. I don't quite trust Star but her towny plays feel more free of subterfuge.

Anyway if folks don't wanna vote Tetra, fine, I'll switch my vote. Won't vote for Sind or Espy. Will vote for Faux, or Star. Very reluctant to vote No Elimination because we've got multiple night kills going and haven't miseliminated yet and lost our info role and desperately need social info via vote history to start actually catching people out. C'monnnnnn!! Town should be aggressive as hell right now!]]
Jackie switches vote near the end of the day, very desiring to get any kind of information from a lynch as well as somewhat suspecting fauxfox (RIP).

[[Pay careful attention to how that vote went down. "Dead air dead town" doesn't really apply when there might only be one mafia left, but we don't know that FauxFox is scum, and if we're all voting for him, and he flips town, one of those votes (or two lol) came from anti-town and we'll neeed to figure out which. Anyway, looks like everyone's going for Faux, which is fine by me. My voting intention for tomorrow depends on the outcome of the elimination and N3 actions, but it's most likely going to be Starlight, I think.]]
Jackie points out how one or two votes probably came from anti town, of which there's sind and Espy, while Starlight was still tunneling (or trying to lynch) Jackie.

[[Less than one hour remains! Sorry for no flavor here, I’m currently on the go and can’t get too into the post atm.

The vote tally stands as follows:

• (3) Theo (FauxFox)
- Whiskey (unrepentantauthor)​
- Noel (Sinderella)​
- Espurr (SparklingEspeon)​

- Loaf (Flygon/Tetra)​
- Maressa (Starlight)​
• (1) Loaf (Flygon/Tetra)
- Theo (FauxFox) ]]​
Vote tally just before Day End.

My vote was on jackie still, alongside Starlight. Three votes for Fauxfox, meaning he was a goner.

Right after this, Fauxfox swaps to Jackie, tying the vote. This would result in a coinflip.

And upon my hasty review of the situation, I swapped my vote to Fauxfox.

Jackies actions and potential softclaim lined up if they wasn't vanilla! I was half wrong, half right. They had something up their sleeve but it wasn't anything anti-town, which was why a frantically switched. Fauxfox I was at least less certain about being town and I had originally voted jackie as a defense, not even because I had concrete proof.

As the seconds wound down on the clock, Theo resigned to his fate with a wistful smile.

"Since I got the most votes first, I doubt I have time to try to switch and live, but it's been fun." Theo sighed. "I hope the killers hit either each other or the bulletproof so my fellow townies get another day or two, best of luck to you all, and advice for the future is accepted. But hey, those bubbles look like fun, and again, this game has been an exciting opportunity." Theo then turns to Mew. "Alright, I'm ready to go, beam me up."

Mew chirped in response. What a brave lad! Just as she did with Stygian, Mew summoned a bubble that enclosed around Theo and lifted him up, up, and up, until he vanished just like the others with a pop!

Mew gave the remaining players a salute with her tail, then did a backflip into the fountain with a loud splash.

FINAL VOTE TALLY:

• (4) Theo (FauxFox)
- Whiskey (unrepentantauthor)
- Noel (Sinderella)
- Espurr (SparklingEspeon)
- Loaf (Tetra/Flygon)

- Maressa (Starlight)
- Theo (FauxFox)

THEO HAS BEEN ELIMINATED. HE WAS TOWN.

NIGHT 2 HAS BEGUN.

The tie is broken at the last moment by me and we mislynch faufox.

Something happened Last night and I suspect whoever gunned for Jackie did so because they thought Jackie was too much of a threat. Jackie was starting things and being active and aggro, and thats dangerous for SK and Scum, especially any scum or sk trying to stay waayyy under the radar.

I don't know if we had lovers or if their is a who doc succesfully protected an SK/scum target however we are reaching a point where we can't take inaction anymore. I think the biggest null, killer in our midst and someone who could just be coasting utterly under the radar is only one option. There's other possibilities but I feel like this one lines up the most to me, based on my reading so far.

vote: espy @HelloYellow17

If espy is our scum, it fits with jackie's read of chibi. And if espy is our SK, it explains the morbid silence, because coasting on not saying anything is a valid strategy. (I suppose its possible that this is irl stuff but even so, based on the play style and demeanor I don't trust Espy.)

Perhaps more information will turn up today but I am standing by this and I have been thinking about everything that happened, including the vote train, for the past two days and I don't like at all hwo things have been going and Espy is the one I trust the absolute least.

My vote stands.

My readlist is now

Espy - Most sus, least trust, I don't like how the votes went or the lack of active posting or the way they have been posting, as if they have less to be cocnerned about maybe, combined with the theories posited by jackie, as well as my own. Possible irl inactivity aside I still stand here, unless something crops up

Starlight - Neutral. I generally feel like either this is very good stealthing or genuinely helpful townplay in a way where I feel like there's no subterfuge or ulterior motives at play. or I'm horrendously wrong...

Sind - Now I feel more wildcard here, but I just can't tell for sure, but the plays feel more town than hiding anything.

Will see what turns up today though...]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I believe, or at least think jackie had a point about the way votes shook out yesterday, of which Espy's feels the least to me, holds the least water too. We knwo the things Jackie was saying now, even if fallible, were not guided by any misgivings, nor was fauxfox, who was playing as a newbie (no fault of yours, I was dead wrong here and didn't see the signs ugh.) ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Also a heads up that I'll be a bit caught up tonight and tomorrow, if I am spotty thats why (cries in tears of thekingdom), but I'll still be doing my best to read through posts and such]]

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
First off, jackie calls a softclaim. We know now that jackie told the truth, at the time it was in the air. This is important because the softclaim as I understand was BP?
"Whiskey died from a night kill." Maressa spat between gritted teeth. "There's no possible way he was bulletproof. Unless two killers went after him at the same time."

Something happened Last night and I suspect whoever gunned for Jackie did so because they thought Jackie was too much of a threat. Jackie was starting things and being active and aggro, and thats dangerous for SK and Scum, especially any scum or sk trying to stay waayyy under the radar.

I don't know if we had lovers or if their is a who doc succesfully protected an SK/scum target however we are reaching a point where we can't take inaction anymore. I think the biggest null, killer in our midst and someone who could just be coasting utterly under the radar is only one option. There's other possibilities but I feel like this one lines up the most to me, based on my reading so far.
"A agree with you. And so, our only course of action now is to hear Espurr's defense."

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[So I acknowledge that I look Incredibly Bad today after having tunneled in on one townplayer and voted for another, and also acknowledge that there's nothing I can really do or say to make people believe me when I claim town? I have no power-role (and therefore no information), and ultimately everyone is either going to have to take me at my word or assume that I'm lying. with that said, I'll drop some of my perceptions, in the hopes that they help bridge the gap a bit, and will then just post as if I were deadlock town afterwards until/unless the vote drops on me and my flip reads town, at which point I will be copyka2ing at you from beyond the grave.

- It's worth noting that very few, if any, players have had anything less than a "mild town" vibe from me at any point within the game. Lying is not my talent/I am definitely not a savvy player, and would not make for undetectable scum unless I just... piggybacked off others' posts and never made waves. Which, in and of itself, is kinda scum-coded behaviour. So, if I am indeed scum and have managed to pull the wool over everyones' eyes, this is a huge jump in skill level! Or at the least, A Lot of Luck.

- I, genuinely, didn't really have a very good idea that the rolelist existed in the beginning! If I were mafia, then I was paired with at least one experienced player who would have been reading the rolelist, and in general would have been playing with a better understanding of the role landscape (knowing at the least the mafia roles, if nothing else) than any townie. It's a possibility that I slipped it in hoping people would implicitly pick it up and assume I was Too Clueless to Be Mafia, but if that were my strategy it's unlikely this would be the only time I'd implement it? I don't think I've played to look clueless so far. A further note that if I were Actually Scum and really wanted to cause some confusion, I'd have a much better idea of what actually happened on that first night than most people, and could absolutely use that to get up to some mischief, which I didn't.

- As I said in my lateday bigpost yesterday, I think optimal scumstrat (or, at least the one I would have went with; I'm not incredibly sure I approach mafia the way most people do 🤡) would have been to keep attention on going in circles wrt the balance, so as much discussion time for actually finding mafia got burned and people had to make a hurried choice at the end that could be easily trained on a townie. Posting to explicitly try and clear that up wouldn't have been scum!me strats, unless I was really confident I could get a train going for one person -- and at that point I would have chosen Fauxfox, who had the trust of basically no-one, rather than tunnelling on Jackie, who is generally very put-together and would have been safer to nightkill than to pitchfork.

- If we assume that I am indeed town, then there's another assumption that comes along with that - someone on this train is probably very happy it exists and is pushing for another mislynch. I encourage y'all to examine it from that viewpoint too, especially if it seems like anyone here is particularly eager to grab the pitchfork.

tldr I can't prove anything, none of us can, but I have not generally played to mafia interests and to assume that I'm expertly disguising myself as town also assumes a level of finess that I haven't generally exhibited as a player, especially since anything I "attempted".... failed. We didn't daykill jackie like I was suggesting, and the fauxfox train wasn't me. I think it's a much more reasonable explanation to say that I posted an incredibly Wrong take yesterday, and our remaining mafia is among the people who jumped on voting for me today (Starlight/Tetra).

And of those two posts I like Tetra's the least. Starlight's seems to be more in-line with "okay defend yourself or we assume . . .", and Tetra's is full of pathos and opens with a weird scooby-doo theory that brings back the at-this-point-irrelevant meta discussion, while ending with "this is DEFINITELY the person, voting them". They also don't seem to have any real evidence except "I don't like her vibes (opinion, unless there are concrete bits you can grab which demonstrate why you think my posting is subterfuge?)" and "she was inactive on day one (which could mean I was weak scum, yes, but could also mean I just... didn't have anything much to say on that day. Scum!me would have been more active in that discussion, coming from the position of already knowing more than town.)" and "she is probably the Serial Killer (but again/as an aside, SK should not be our priority right now, mafia should be, killing a potential SK just brings us closer to parity)"? Definite agree that the jackie nightkill was due to them being a threat, but I also don't really like the vibes of this post and would be squinting at it a fair bit even if I weren't on the podium here? Soooo with that in mind, I'm casting my vote for Tetra (@HelloYellow17) until/unless further evidence or a convincing defence comes up to contradict this.]]

Starlight Aurate

Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Maressa nodded. It was what she expected.

"Then I need to say what's been going on. I'm the only one who knows."

She turned away, pacing restlessly back-and-forth. Her words spilled out, agitated as she released pent-up anxiety.

"I wanted to protect all of you. I wanted to! But even when I tried, I--I failed! I can only protect one of you at a time, but I can only stop one kill from happening. I can't stop two."

She looked up.

"I tried to protect Noel Night 0. When two deaths happened, I was as confused as anyone else. It was why I believed Lovers was the most likely explanation. But once Jean said she was a rolecop, I tried to protect her--but my protection failed. That was how I knew we have two killers among us. Lovers isn't an explanation anymore. It was also why I was all right with people suspecting me; if I died, I wouldn't be able to keep any of you safe.

"Last night, I tried to protect Noel. Because we only have one kill, there are one of two possibilities.

"One is that I successfully protected him, and that the other killer went for Whiskey, who was a powerless Innocent.

"The other one is that they both went for Whiskey, who had the Bulletproof ability, which stopped one kill but not both.

"At first, I was sure I protected Noel since I've felt relatively assured of his innocence. But I've since considered the other possibility...

"Either way, we are at two Innocents, one serial killer, and one Mafia member. I don't know who is which--only you all know that. But this means that you, the killers, have a choice to make tonight.

"If we end up lynching an Innocent today, then there will be one of each party left at night. Will you both try to kill me in the hopes that one of your kills will go through? Or will you try to kill each other? Or will one kill me and another kills the fellow killer?

"Either way, the game is almost up. And out of the three of you, I feel the most suspicious of Loaf. You had theories to throw around but said very little in terms of defending yourself. If I vote you, Espurr will still be the one to die unless we can get Noel to join us.

"And, considering I slept through the last day end, I'm going to vote Loaf for the time being." @HelloYellow17

Top Bottom