• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Zinnia's Multiverse Madness! (Roleplay, March 4-13)

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Okay, so the people here are just as batshit insane as the Pokémon. Good. Great. Fantastic! That's perfect! Her eye visibly twitched at the intense response Odette gave before a wide, forced grin plastered on her face. "I'm... glad it's not like that." She looked towards Odette's waist, and while she didn't see anything, her brow furrowed at the girl's embittered words. "Alright, if you need anything, you got back-up... but uh, it looks like you got yourself covered."

She put her mask back on before placing her hand on forehead in exhaustion. What did I just rope myself into? "I guess we should probably change the topic then. So I noticed a lot of people seemed to recognize you, and even some of the Pokémon. So, what's up with that? Do you come here often?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Kalas hopped in place. "Oh! Now I get it! We're going with our job names." He unfolded his wings just a bit trying to look more casual. "I'm Kalas the Rooftop Detective. For hire. Tracking people and places... for some money and a roof." He nodded as Lyle explained more about his origin. "I've not seen many Pokémon around back home using their job names, but I know you can easily find some of them by their titles alone."

Kalas pondered what Rodion had just said for a moment. "That sounds less a job name and more a job name. What's that fleet like? I've never worked at any kind of fleet, I think."

Rodion tensed up slightly when Kalas mentioned that he was a "Detective for hire". He certainly wasn't expecting to run into a glorified bounty hunter while coming here. At least the Fearow was from another world than his, meaning that if nothing else, he was less likely to try and capture him. Still, it was best to keep an eye on this Kalas, and keep his life as a pirate to himself.

"Eh, there's a reason why it's only used writing letters," Rodion said. "But, the Iron Fleet is the crew I work on. I'm it's first mate. We're a merchant crew that sail from island to island and specialize in free trade."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Okay, so the people here are just as batshit insane as the Pokémon. Good. Great. Fantastic! That's perfect! Her eye visibly twitched at the intense response Odette gave before a wide, forced grin plastered on her face. "I'm... glad it's not like that." She looked towards Odette's waist, and while she didn't see anything, her brow furrowed at the girl's embittered words. "Alright, if you need anything, you got back-up... but uh, it looks like you got yourself covered."

She put her mask back on before placing her hand on forehead in exhaustion. What did I just rope myself into? "I guess we should probably change the topic then. So I noticed a lot of people seemed to recognize you, and even some of the Pokémon. So, what's up with that? Do you come here often?"
Odette offered a half smile. “Don’t look so annoyed. I play the mindless bimbo role a little too well,” she assured.

D̴O̵E̵S̵ ̷S̷H̷E̷ ̴T̶H̷I̷N̵K̶ ̴S̴H̷E̴’̵S̸ ̵A̴ ̴B̵E̶T̵T̸E̴R̷ ̴B̴A̶C̶K̵U̷P̸ ̶T̴H̶A̷N̵ ̸I̵ ̷A̴M̷?̴ ̴F̷I̶G̵H̸T̶ ̷H̶E̶R̷.̶ ̴F̵I̶G̴H̴T̷ ̷H̷E̶R̸ ̶N̷O̵W̵.

Odile’s sudden outburst caused Odette to start. She immediately slapped her hand to her ear and rubbed it aggressively. “Damn mosquitos,” she muttered. “I’m like prime real estate for them.”

I̵s̸ ̴t̴h̷a̴t̸ ̸a̸l̵l̷ ̷I̷ ̷a̴m̸?̸ ̸M̶o̵s̸q̸u̸i̶t̷o̵ ̶r̴e̷a̶l̸-̸e̸s̷t̴a̶t̵e̴?̴

She appreciated the attempt at topic change, because at least it gave her a chance to ignore Odile for at least a little bit.

“I do come to these games frequently, actually,” she said, as if she were coming to that realization herself. “I came once with my—“ she stopped herself to think about her wording, “other friend and now I just come by myself. Sometimes,” she explained. “So now it just seems I’m a frequent enough face that I’m recognizable.”

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Odette offered a half smile. “Don’t look so annoyed. I play the mindless bimbo role a little too well,” she assured.
"Noted. I'll be sure to ask for you some pointers if I ever need it," she deadpanned, before realizing she wore a literal mask. "...Probably sooner rather than later, actually."
Odile’s sudden outburst caused Odette to start. She immediately slapped her hand to her ear and rubbed it aggressively. “Damn mosquitos,” she muttered. “I’m like prime real estate for them.”
"Oh, I feel that so much," she shuddered, "You think this outfit doubles as an insect repellent? Heck no; every time I go to wash this in the river I'm just covered in bites. Eugh. Don't want to imagine a huge, disgusting Pokémon trying to do that." She shook her head furiously as she briefly felt the phantom itch of a thousand stings.
“I do come to these games frequently, actually,” she said, as if she were coming to that realization herself. “I came once with my—“ she stopped herself to think about her wording, “other friend and now I just come by myself. Sometimes,” she explained. “So now it just seems I’m a frequent enough face that I’m recognizable.”
“I wouldn’t say often. Assuming that dream was real, I’ve only seen some of these people once.”
"Good to know that these are a regular thing, sounds like a nice escape every once in awhile." She looked at the booths and ferris wheel fondly before turning back to the pair. "So, anyone I should keep an eye on? Or avoid? Oh, and uh, the offer to actually go to one of the attractions is still open by the way - assuming we're not pulled away by something else. Would be good to have actually friendly faces to know." Though not necessarily sane ones... She unconsciously looked at Odette as she thought this.

She nodded at Winona as she added, "With your husband of course. He probably isn't having the best time on his own."

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Dave'd half-expected Koa to be about to run up and try to hug him, but no, he stopped a polite distance away. "Yeah, I made it home. Forgot about the whole thing until we got the invitation to this madness, obviously. Guessing the same happened to you." He gestured in Jean's direction. "That's my daughter, Jean." How much had he told Koa about her again...? He watched him carefully for a reaction.
"Yeah, pretty much. Forgot everything until now." That was weird how that worked. Did his collective memories just reappear every time he'd go into the multiverse or whatever? He'd probably forget him again, an idea he'd made peace with back on Cibus but... he pushed his thoughts aside and refocused.

"Jean's here too?" he turned to see her, and his eyes widened in surprise and wonder. He'd heard her name mentioned once or twice maybe, but that was the extent of his knowledge. She wasn't at all what he'd expected - neither Pokemon nor human, she somehow looked like both. "Hi Jean!" he waved to her, before turning back to Dave.

He stuck his hands in his pockets, trying to avoid fidgeting. Somewhere deep down, he felt a brief flash of old sadness at the life he'd lived, back on Cibus. At the friends he'd left, friends like Dave. "It's nice to see you again," he said finally.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“I wouldn’t say often. Assuming that dream was real, I’ve only seen some of these people once.”
“Can most likely assume it wasn’t a dream, whatever it was.”

Y̸e̶a̴h̸ ̶I̵’̴m̵ ̷p̴r̸e̸t̴t̸y̴ ̵s̵u̶r̷e̶ ̴t̴h̶i̵s̷ ̵i̴s̷ ̸t̷h̵e̵ ̸s̷a̶m̶e̶ ̴W̴i̶n̷o̷n̷a̴ ̴I̷ ̷e̸l̷i̶m̶i̷n̵a̶t̷e̴d̸ ̸i̶n̸ ̴t̴h̸e̸ ̵l̷a̸s̶t̴ ̶g̴a̸m̸e̸.̴ ̵T̴e̷l̴l̷ ̴h̷e̴r̴ ̶I̴’̷m̴ ̴s̴o̵r̸r̶y̸ ̷t̴h̵a̷t̸ ̶I̷’̸m̴ ̵n̵o̶t̵ ̸s̷o̴r̷r̸y̸.̶

No.
"Noted. I'll be sure to ask for you some pointers if I ever need it," she deadpanned, before wore a literal mask. "...Probably sooner rather than later, actually."
Odette sent Robin a dubious look. “Why, do you have an archenemy you need to pretend to be in love with too? Please, give me all the details.”

Eugh. Don't want to imagine a huge, disgusting Pokémon trying to do that." She shook her head furiously as she briefly felt the itch of a thousand phantom stings.
Odile very abruptly screeched. Odette stopped mid-step and had to do everything she could to not cover her ears. Instead she gave a pained laugh as she wiggled her earlobe.

“Yeah,” she agreed. “That would be torture, wouldn’t it?”

F̷͚͔̗̟̀ű̴̢̝͙̚c̶̛̬͈̙̎͌́k̸̨̩̘̗̎͊ ̶͚̝̹͋̉̃D̴̘̱́̈́ó̶͎̪̯͜r̴͓̓i̴̡̗̠̚͠ḙ̸͖͚̒n̷͔̘̣̮̋,̸͍̣̫́̈͠ ̷͉̣̺͇̀̕f̷͉̯̽̐͊ȗ̷̹̼̤̘̕̚͝c̸̡̱͕̞̑̄͑ǩ̴͋͝ͅ ̴̺͛̏I̸̙̗̼͌̌̆͠n̸̠̳̍͆ͅv̴̦̆̏̊ȋ̴̼̱͕̣d̸̦͌̍̈́ê̷̝͗͛͠ͅr̴͕̗̞̥̕u̶̥̙̇̒͜s̷̺͑̎,̵̝̣̪̬͛̀̿̚ ̵̨̣͔̀̋̏f̷̹̬̫̐̐̌̕͜u̷̫̜̬̾c̷̡͕̈́̔̽ͅk̷̢̪͐̾͜ ̶͈̖̠͆͑R̵̹͐̕͘e̸̛̜̋̔̊d̵̨̛̺̣̀̈́͜.̴̞́͌͑̊ͅ ̵͔̄͠K̵̛͚̲͓͇̇̓̆i̸͈̭̐͋l̸̛͎͛͛̎l̸̹̏̈́̐ ̷̜̹̈́͐͘ͅṱ̵͙̗́͋̄͗h̶̬͌͑͆i̴̯̙͖̋̏̆͝ş̴͎͐ ̴̢̊́̉́o̴͕͍̲̒̕ņ̵͊̚e̴̞̱̠̥̔.̵̛̖̰̼͂̓͆

She cringed. I…you’re absolutely awful at being calm.

Ý̷̜̭͊̎͌ͅÔ̵̠̬U̵͐͆͠ͅ ̸̖̭̘͈̍͗̈́͝S̷̨̫̰̬͌̄̇H̸̨̖̹̾̋̾Ō̴̩͈͊̈̃U̷͎͒̎͗L̸̘̥͠D̵̬̭͚̖̈͠ ̸͚́̈̌̑Ḓ̷̛̲̝̀͠Ĕ̵̙̯̣̝̔̈́͝F̸̗́͂̎̕Ỉ̵͚̲̬̃̎͘N̶̝̅̈̊I̵͍͗͠ͅT̴͍̦̆͐Ě̸̮̥̰̓L̸̫̔̒̅Ÿ̵̛͉̙́̓ ̵̨͖́K̷͔̘̼͂I̶̢̖̪̱̋L̵̳̳̤̅͑ͅL̴̝͈̖̽̇͑ ̵̢̩̂̒T̶̩̲͙̓̒̇H̸̗̜̼̣͗I̵͕͖̮̊̐̕S̸̛̰̝͉̪̓̿̊ ̴̨̅̎̚O̶̞̞̙͌̿́͠N̸̥͑̐͂Ë̵̞.̶̦̯̿͐̕

Good to know that these are a regular thing, sounds like a nice escape every once in awhile." She looked at the booths and ferris wheel fondly before turning back to the pair. "So, anyone I should keep an eye on? Or avoid? Oh, and uh, the offer to actually go to one of the attractions is still open by the way - assuming we're not pulled away by something else. Would be good to have actually friendly faces to know." Though not necessarily sane ones... She unconsciously looked at Odette as she thought this.
With a shake of her head, she nodded back in the direction of Dorien and Red. “The one with the black hair? Psycho,” she said. Not that she had any room to talk. “We have beef. Really bad beef, at that,” she explained. She already had to keep herself on high alert with Dorien, but now with Red, here? She had a terribly awful feeling she wasn’t going to be leaving here without another bad confrontation. Hopefully she wouldn’t run herself ragged again.

“Other than that, I can’t say for sure. Everyone else I said hello to seems approachable.”

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
smiled, "You'd be surprised what kind of miracles you can make with the right materials." She rubbed her chin just below where the mask covered as she responded, "Dull shine? I heard there are certain minerals that can help polish those kinds of things. My sister would usually just paint a bit of sealant on them, though." She turned to Froslass, "And, ah, you're welcome. Litno is a friend of yours...?"
"Oh really? I've bought like nearly every polishing product in Kanto, nothing works. I'm starting to suspect this dullness is a result of our universe travelling instead." She sighed. "Litno's a friend of ours, he kinda acts like that Oshawott over there, small and scared but he's gotten a lot more confident than before."
...Well that's certainly different. "So humans... used to 'rule your world'? I-interesting." Images of Pokémon raising a banner and setting cities on fire came to mind. She shook her head; she absolutely did not want to think about that kind of possibility. "W-well, not every name has to mean something! Like, uh, my friend Todd! It's just a common name, you know?" She chuckled nervously. At the customs here seem different, thank God. "Ice statue...? I... if it pleases you," she bowed once more out of courtesy. The last thing she wanted to freeze to death from an offended Froslass.
"Yeah, something something about them becoming extinct nine hundred years ago. I uh, didn't really pay attention whenever history comes up–"

"Oh yeah! One statue coming right up!" Fray gave Robin a thumbs up before proceeding to blast the space in front of her with an obscene amount of ice.

Pixels gave her friend a wary look. "Hey, um maybe you shouldn't be doing this in front of people. You might hurt someone."

Fray stopped, turning to face the Vulpix. "What? Ice can't hurt people."

"Tell that to the frozen corpses back in your place," Pixels muttered under her breath before glaring at the Froslass. "Don't use your ice on anything."

Fray frowned and crossed her arms. "Fine."
Jean turned toward the birds and giggled. "I'm not a Pokémon! I'm a Pokémorph. Half human, half Vul-- Ninetales." She'd begun a little twirl on her feet but stopped awkwardly. "There are eight of us. My dad made us!" She grabbed vaguely behind her where he was supposed to be, only to grab thin air. She looked around and -- oh, he'd just stepped away, still keeping a wary eye on her. She pointed at him with a smile. "He's a really cool scientist."
The Froslass turned towards the Pokémorph? Something that was half human and half Ninetales? Was she something like that fire cat she 'befriended'?

Fray hovered over to Jean, ignoring her friend as she greeted the hybrid. "Hi there!"

Last edited:

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"Oh really? I've bought like nearly every polishing product in Kanto, nothing works. I'm starting to suspect this dullness is a result of our universe travelling instead." She sighed. "Litno's a friend of ours, he kinda acts like that Oshawott over there, small and scared but he's gotten a lot more confident than before."

"Yeah, something something about them becoming extinct nine hundred years ago. I uh, didn't really pay attention whenever history comes up–"
(Multi-conversation juggling - this happened prior to the Odette / Winona interaction)
"I... I see. I'm not the most experienced with universe traveling stuff, but you might have a point. So, birds of a feather those two, huh? That's neat." She held herself steady as Pixels went on to describe the events of her world's history while muttering to herself, "It's a different world, it's a different–"
"Oh yeah! One statue coming right up!" Fray gave Robin a thumbs up before proceeding to blast the space in front of her with an obscene amount of ice.

Pixels gave her friend a wary look. "Hey, um maybe you shouldn't be doing this in front of people. You might hurt someone."

Fray stopped, turning to face the Vulpix. "What? Ice can't hurt people."

"Tell that to the frozen corpses back in your place," Pixels muttered under her breath before glaring at the Froslass. "Don't use your ice on anything."
This is exactly why I don't fucking trust these things! She flailed her arms as she walloped onto the ground. She stared at the icy chunk that materialized in front them before she shook her head, got up, and lightly dusted herself. She adjusted her mask before putting on the most poised voice she could, "You know not what others may be vulnerable to; it is best to be respectful, even when we are trying to... do... good," her words trailed as she failed to come up with a good closing line. She cleared her throat before saying, "If you'll excuse me, it seems that there is... something... going on over there," she said, pointing to the group and walking away. She clutched her mask as her forehead had begun sweating bullets. I don't care what that Bagon said, I could died just then! Nope, nope, nope! Avoiding the 'mons at all costs!
(Next replies will be in the present)

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
She clutched her mask as her forehead had begun sweating bullets. I don't care what that Bagon said, I could died just then! Nope, nope, nope! Avoiding the 'mons at all costs!

Kora was busy wondering which ride he should sneak on first, getting bored of waiting to be officially allowed to go on them, when his ear flicked and his attention turned to the clearly panicked girl walking away from the others. She seemed not at all like Dorien, so why shouldn't Kora go over and ask her what's wrong? The Zoroark conjured a comfy pillow beside him, set Gen down on it, and walked over to the distressed girl.

"Hey, are you feeling alright?" Kora asked, polite and friendly. "I'm not good at reading masks, but you look a bit upset."

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Odette sent Robin a dubious look. “Why, do you have an archenemy you need to pretend to be in love with too? Please, give me all the details.”
"Try 'Pokémon in that other world started forming a cult around me'," Robin remarked with a huff. "Seriously, all I did was give them names and suddenly they think I'm some great sage that can miraculously end the darkness or whatever!" She raised her arms up in frustration as she continued, "They tried putting me in front of the King of Nightmares expecting me to magic them up a solution! And while he was honestly a cool guy, you know how many times I've almost faced death because they keep misinterpreting what I've been saying?!"

She become too lost in her own speech to notice Odette's odd behavior as crossed her arms and looked away, muttering, "I don't even want to think about what'll happen if they realize I'm not the prophet they think I am. Any one of them could kill me in an instant already, but if all of them were after me....?"
With a shake of her head, she nodded back in the direction of Dorien and Red. “The one with the black hair? Psycho,” she said. Not that she had any room to talk. “We have beef. Really bad beef, at that,” she explained. She already had to keep herself on high alert with Dorien, but now with Red, here? She had a terribly awful feeling she wasn’t going to be leaving here without another bad confrontation. Hopefully she wouldn’t run herself ragged again.

“Other than that, I can’t say for sure. Everyone else I said hello to seems approachable.”
She quickly turned back around and said, "Don't forget that Froslass, Fray. I'm pretty sure tried to make an ice statue out of me just now. And I don't know mean of me, I mean out of me." She sighed as she heard about Red, "I knew he was too good-looking to be a good person. Though I don't think he'd be interested in me anyways."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Try 'Pokémon in that other world started forming a cult around me'," Robin remarked with a huff.
“Oh, you fucking too, huh?” She cocked her head sympathetically. “Not about the Pokemon, but more about the ‘having a cult formed around you’ thing,” she corrected. She shook her head solemnly. “No good deed goes unpunished, you know. Best thing you can do is armor up.”

"I knew he was too good-looking to be a good person. Though I don't think he'd be interested in me anyways."
She snickered at that. “If I recall correctly, he’s gay, so. Don’t quote me there, though.”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Don't forget that Froslass, Fray.
Odile gasped.

O̴H̸,̶ ̷I̷ ̴R̷E̶M̶E̴M̶B̸E̶R̵ ̶H̵E̸R̵ ̶T̸O̴O̵.̶ ̷I̵ ̵s̷t̸o̵l̴e̸ ̴h̶e̸r̶ ̵p̴o̴w̴e̶r̸s̵!̷ ̵

Odette blinked. What the absolute hell did you do in that game, dude?

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
[[juggling a few things so might fall partly out of sync, but them's the breaks with RPs]]

“Winona.” She held out a hand. “Pleasure to meet you, Tiana.”
For a response, Tiana approached and lightly tapped Winona's hand with her beak; soon satisfied, she brushed the hand as a greeting and allowed herself to be potentially (and briefly, appearances are important!) petted.

"It's interesting to see someone who appreciates birds this openly," she commented. "Not that I mind, but if you have flattering words for birds I'm all ears."

Lyle reflexively stiffened up at Kalas' mention of being a 'detective' and briefly felt startled fire dance on his vents. He quickly suppressed his flames, letting out a startled cough as he forced an uneasy smile over his face.

"Er... certainly sounds like a job that would keep you busy, yeah," he remarked. "Though I wouldn't exactly call my Beiname a 'job name', even if I guess it's not fully wrong. Do Pokémon from your world track each other by some other way?"
Kalas nodded at the commentary about being busy. "It's far less glorifying than what the human televisions show you. I spend most case time perched or hidden for stakeouts, but," he tilted his head and assumed a somewhat self-deprecating tone, "I guess that still counts as being busy."

Jean turned toward the birds and giggled. "I'm not a Pokémon! I'm a Pokémorph. Half human, half Vul-- Ninetales." She'd begun a little twirl on her feet but stopped awkwardly. "There are eight of us. My dad made us!" She grabbed vaguely behind her where he was supposed to be, only to grab thin air. She looked around and -- oh, he'd just stepped away, still keeping a wary eye on her. She pointed at him with a smile. "He's a really cool scientist."

Jean beamed at Vix's amazement. It was good talking to Pokémon. They didn't think she was as weird as everyone else.

"We're all mixed with different Pokémon! Dad said that gave more interesting scientific results." She paused. "We're not all siblings, though. The other scientists at Dad's lab adopted the other ones. We're still friends, though!"
Kalas listened with attention at the explanation. As much as he only mostly got the gist of it, he got an impression that he was getting a biased, too first-person perspective of what it was like.

"Well, I can say with confidence that I have not seen anything like this in my world," he explained, "but I wouldn't be surprised now if I see anyone trying, I guess. From what I've heard on the streets, many young humans have some sort of envy towards Pokémon like Lucario or Gardevoir, as if wanting to take their spot."

[[SHOTS FIRED :p ]]

Rodion tensed up slightly when Kalas mentioned that he was a "Detective for hire". He certainly wasn't expecting to run into a glorified bounty hunter while coming here. At least the Fearow was from another world than his, meaning that if nothing else, he was less likely to try and capture him. Still, it was best to keep an eye on this Kalas, and keep his life as a pirate to himself.

"Eh, there's a reason why it's only used writing letters," Rodion said. "But, the Iron Fleet is the crew I work on. I'm it's first mate. We're a merchant crew that sail from island to island and specialize in free trade."

In between potential human pettings, Tiana waved a wing at Rodion. "Oh, my entire family work as merchants too!"

Kalas gave the bird equivalent to a chuckle. "Merchants, yeah right. ^_^"

"But it's interesting to see that you have writing in your world," Tiana continued. "I only learned the basics, it's a bit difficult when you have those talons." She pointed at Kalas's talons to make her point.

Kalas shrugged at Rodion. "That's a fair point. How do you do that, anyway? And how do you get the letters out in the open sea? I've read that the sea is so much bigger expanse than the land."

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
“Oh, you fucking too, huh?” She cocked her head sympathetically. “Not about the Pokemon, but more about the ‘having a cult formed around you’ thing,” she corrected. She shook her head solemnly. “No good deed goes unpunished, you know. Best thing you can do is armor up.”
That gave her pause. "Wow, didn't think someone else would be the same situation. Still, dealing with that and whats-his-face at the same time? I'd go nuts," she shook her head and shrugged. "I can tell we're gonna be good friends."
She snickered at that. “If I recall correctly, he’s gay, so. Don’t quote me there, though.”
She sighed, "Yeah, I figured... Double threat, huh?"
Kora was busy wondering which ride he should sneak on first, getting bored of waiting to be officially allowed to go on them, when his ear flicked and his attention turned to the clearly panicked girl walking away from the others. She seemed not at all like Dorien, so why shouldn't Kora go over and ask her what's wrong? The Zoroark conjured a comfy pillow beside him, set Gen down on it, and walked over to the distressed girl.

"Hey, are you feeling alright?" Kora asked, polite and friendly. "I'm not good at reading masks, but you look a bit upset."
Robin practically leapt at the sudden appearance of the Zoroark. She mumbled, "Damn it, I knew one of the 'mon's were going to come here. Good thing I put the mask back on..."

Still somewhat shaky, she forced herself into an upright stance as she cleared her throat, "A simple misunderstanding, that is all." She then performed a ritualistic bow as her words transitioned into a smoother, yet clearly practiced tone, "My name is Robin, and you are...?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Robin practically leapt at the sudden appearance of the Zoroark. She mumbled, "Damn it, I knew one of the 'mon's were going to come here. Good thing I still have the mask on..."

Still somewhat shaky, she forced herself into an upright stance as she cleared her throat, "A simple misunderstanding, that is all." She then performed a ritualistic bow as her words transitioned into a smoother, yet clearly practiced tone, "My name is Robin, and you are...?"

"I'm Kora, nice to meet ya!" the Zoroark chirped, grinning. He didn't know what this misunderstanding was, but Kora wanted to come off as friendly as possible. To help in that, he thought it'd be smart not to press on whatever she mumbled, but he was already curious about the mask, so... "That's a pretty neat mask you got... What's it for?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
That gave her pause. "Wow, didn't think someone else would be the same situation. Still, dealing with that and whats-his-face at the same time? I'd go nuts," she shook her head and shrugged. "I can tell we're gonna be good friends."
A bitter smile. “Whats-his-face and the cult go hand in hand. Nice to know somebody else knows the similar struggle.”

She sighed, "Yeah, I figured... Double threat, huh?"
A bitter laugh. “I have to watch my back big time.”

"I'm Kora, nice to meet ya!" the Zoroark chirped, grinning. He didn't know what this misunderstanding was, but Kora wanted to come off as friendly as possible. To help in that, he thought it'd be smart not to press on whatever she mumbled, but he was already curious about the mask, so... "That's a pretty neat mask you got... What's it for?"
Odette also jumped at the arrival of the Zoroark. She hadn’t caught this ones name, but it was the one giving Dorien a hard time. Some respect there. Still, it was asking some questions Odette had had herself…she’d also begun to wonder what that mask was about. Perhaps it had something to do with her unfortunate “god-like” title?

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Vix waved to the interestingly dressed human as he walked over. She gave him a look over, intrigued by his get up. "Hey there, name's Vix," she greeted. "What's with the outfit? I don't think anyone was told we were going to a fair, but you look more out of place here than anyone."

"Howdy," Kora nodded to the new guy. "I'm Kora, this lil guy is Gen--"
[[ side note: there's like 90 conversations so I have no idea where the hell this would be chronologically ]]

Wes' eyes widened slightly when he heard the Pokémon speaking a language he could understand.

That... had never been the case previously. Just what the hell was going on here?

"...What the hell is a fair? And how did..." He trailed off as he realized he didn't even know how to phrase his question in an inoffensive way.

His pokeball shook in his pocket, before it opened on its own, and his Espeon popped out, materializing on the ground next to him.

---

The Espeon grunted as he looked around at everything. Unfamiliar surroundings. Strange people. And his trainer was struggling to ask a question.

He sent a mental ping to the Chandelure and Zoroark: <My trainer wishes to know how you are speaking in the human language. I too am curious about this.>

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"Pleasure to meet you Kora," she nodded. Ah, there it is. Alright Robin, just like you rehearsed. "I must wear it in order to protect myself and those around me. Were I to keep it removed, the consequences could be dire," she said in a practiced 'storyteller' voice. "And the art on it is a reminder of the stars in the heavens above protecting us below. Of how the darkness and distortion may be warded by a simple wish upon a star."

In reality, the mask wasn't really anything special - at least for those in this realm between worlds. It emitted no energy, had no divine or psychic attachment; it was just a simple party mask, for all intents and purposes. However, for Robin, it was all that stood between her and the facade failing - her life becoming forfeit to the superpowered creatures that expected so much of her - or so she believed. Not that she would admit it unless forced into a Truth or Dare.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The Espeon grunted as he looked around at everything. Unfamiliar surroundings. Strange people. And his trainer was struggling to ask a question.

He sent a mental ping to the Chandelure and Zoroark: <My trainer wishes to know how you are speaking in the human language. I too am curious about this.>

With Kora gone, Vix was left with explaining things to the Espeon and his trainer. Probably for the best, nothing against Kora but he gave off this feeling that he thought the sun went to bed at night.

"It's easy, I've always been able to speak human languages. I come from a world where Human Language and Pokemon Language are the same. Plus, we're in a world between worlds, and whoever's keeping it up for all of us to meet made it so we can all understand each other," Vix said, then gave a jagged smile. "And a fair is an event where a bunch of people or pokemon go to have fun and... I think that's it, really. There's games and rides and food, usually."

"Pleasure to meet you Kora," she nodded. Ah, it is. Alright Robin, just like you rehearsed. "I must wear it in order to protect myself and those around me. Were I to keep it removed, the consequences could be dire," she said in a practiced 'storyteller' voice. "And the art on it is a reminder of the stars in the heavens above protecting us below. Of how the darkness and distortion made be warded by a simple wish upon a star."

The more Robin explained, the more invested Kora became. His eyes sparkled in delight and awe, and in that amazement, black and red sparks danced harmlessly off his body. "That sounds so cool! Are you crazy strong too? Can I get a mask like that? I just turned my giant hair bead into a limiter, but I never even thought about making it look as cool as yours!" he chirped, absolutely giddy.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Pleasure to meet you Kora," she nodded. Ah, there it is. Alright Robin, just like you rehearsed. "I must wear it in order to protect myself and those around me. Were I to keep it removed, the consequences could be dire," she said in a practiced 'storyteller' voice. "And the art on it is a reminder of the stars in the heavens above protecting us below. Of how the darkness and distortion may be warded by a simple wish upon a star."
Odette was a trained enough actress to know when things were rehearsed and weren’t. Then again, the exaggerated voice was enough of a dead giveaway for her. Probably something related to Robin’s unwanted “cult” leader status.

“Hm. So very deep,” she said with a similar sounding “storyteller” voice as she tucked her fist under her chin inquisitively. She offered her best joking smirk. “Can you grant me my ‘wish upon a star’ oh wise one?”

Top Bottom