• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Lush Prairie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Readerlove

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Danithan sighed. "Gio was mainly a prick as a cosmog, just grumpy and not doing much. Then he fell asleep and we didn't mess with em. Always thought the guy was an ass but that was it." Danithan grit his teeth. "He went by Silver, but He was really Giovanni and the Giovanni we had was actually Silver. We didn't realize it until the last moment and got blasted at the tree. bastard managed to get everyone to think we were trying to blow up the tree instead of saving eien from the tree."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa's eyes widened. Man, it was hard wrapping his mind around all this. "We figured out what was going on sometime before that. Some kind of... memory seal business I guess. The real Silver was apparently a Mewtwo. Who we thought was Giovanni." He shook his head. "I can't blame you though, its pretty crazy."

For a second, he remembered Starr. if it hadn't been for her, maybe they'd never have found out...

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“You didn’t even know him that long compared to the rest of us,” Nero said. “Maybe he hated your hyperactivity?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"It was before I was hyperactive, is the thing," Kora hummed. To demonstrate, he waved his paw around and made a mini him, who looked up at everyone all stiff and nervous, actually sweating. He wasn't tall, no, he looked lanky and uncomfortable with it. He didn't seem strong either, more like a muscly twig. Whenever mini Kora moved, too, he stumbled on his mane.

Kora grimaced, then waved the mini him away. "Hell, I almost don't recognize myself."

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
With all the tired energy of a parent dropping their kids off at a daycare, Aria hung back and watched the two groups mix and mingle. A quick glance was sent Mergo's way as he trudged off -- she could guess as to what was on his mind, and she'd have to check in on him at some point -- but otherwise, there just wasn't much she needed to be doing. That felt odd. And nice. It was her first 'vacation' in... she couldn't even remember how long.

No wonder Mike had urged her to, in his exact words, fuck off and take a break.

Of course, there was still the bittersweet tang of being a stranger in a painfully familiar world, but it wasn't enough to sour the experience for her. Never was, until she ran into someone she knew as a friend, only to be met with indifference. It stung, and considering the circumstances, it'd be happening often.

...Hm. She needed a drink already. The scent of alcohol was in the air, so if nothing else, she had some kindred spirits among the Spectrum folks. Question was, should she approach the cat or the dog? Or rather, beer or cider?

A moment later, she frowned at herself. Why was she even considering beer?

"Heya," Aria greeted, approaching the luxray with a wry smile. "Brisa, right? Got more where that came from?"

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Well, hey," Miracle Owen said, "I think being a Marshtomp is really cool! You're only weak to Grass, for one, and you can make water wherever you go!"
"Sure. Water." Nate looked pointedly at one of the dampish trees. "Exactly what we wish we had more of."

The Potluck-guy's comment about strong spirits hardly improved his mood. As multiple people had been so kind to point out, Nate didn't exactly have one of those, either.

Kora raised a paw. "For what it's worth, I'm half human. And I come from a world full of humans too, they're crazy fuckin' strong." He gave Nate a jagged, yet friendly, grin. "I don't think I've seen 'em be as short as you though, even the other halfbreed Swampert I know."
Rocky had been giving Nate a nervous look as he subsided back into black scowls and cramming food in his face instead paying attention to what was going on around him, but that comment definitely caught his interest. "Half human?" he asked incredulously, and then glanced around to see if he could spot Mia. "You mean, are you a kind of a lab experiment?" he asked. "Or...?"

If anything about the statement had registered with Nate, it would have to be the "short" part, given how he crushed the can of beer he'd been drinking, expression darker than ever.

There was no way Rocky wouldn't get swept up in the tales of the Miracle Matters' (what a cool name!) exploits. There was a Silver and Giovanni in that other world, too! And even the God Squad! But at the same time, it sounded like they weren't exactly the same people. It was strange. And Rocky couldn't believe Giovanni had tried his crazy switching plan twice!

"But I don't get it!" he said at last. "In our world the big Blacklight thing was hiding on the moon the whole time! But you say you didn't go to the moon, so... Where was it hiding? Did it just"--he waggled his arms like noodly tentacles--"come up out of the ground or something?"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Where was it hiding? Did it just"--he waggled his arms like noodly tentacles--"come up out of the ground or something?"
“I might be misremembering, but fake Giovanni had a mewtwo following it that wound up housing the source,” Nero replied.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Heya," Aria greeted, approaching the luxray with a wry smile. "Brisa, right? Got more where that came from?"

Brisa nodded, and offered Aria a sincere, if slightly tight, smile. She recalled a previous occasion on which she'd shared a drink with a blue, canine gal, many months ago. The Cibus campaign sure had its peaks and pits. She retrieved another bottle from her satchel and proffered it to the lucario.

"Apple & leppa. Or I have pecha & apicot if you prefer. Take a seat?"

Aria looked confident. Strong. What kind of fighter was she in a sparring match...?

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
Aria answered with a flick of her claw, popping the bottle open. "This'll do just fine, thanks," she said, turning to face the group as she sat down. A sip, a swallow, and a quiet chuckle followed, before she downed half the bottle in one go.

"...Yup, that's the good stuff."

Her eyes roamed over a few of the people present, particularly the ones who looked uncomfortable with the crowd of new faces, before glancing Brisa's way. "So, multiverse schmultiverse. Mind blown yet? Or didja see this coming?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa shrugged, and moved to lounge on her side, observing the various conversations as they proceeded.

"The multiverse as a concept was day one material. Siblin' worlds came right soon after. T'be perfectly honest, I ain't all that bothered by this. Save fer, perhaps, the notion that there might be a Cibus somewhere that don't tough out the Blacklight Crisis."

Brisa scratched behind her ear and reached for another pair of ciders. She liked to be prepared.

"So, uh, the basics, I guess. I'm a ranger back home: that's a sorta . . . emergency services an' law enforcement responsibility. I'm on of the team's strikers, an' I'd be more'n glad t'throw down with ya, any time. I didn't think my world was all that much like Cibus, an' in many ways, it ain't, but at least it's a world of civilised 'mon. I've met all sorts by now. What kinda world d'you hail from, huh?"

Brisa raised her bottle in a friendly gesture, and downed the rest of it.

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
"T'be perfectly honest, I ain't all that bothered by this. Save fer, perhaps, the notion that there might be a Cibus somewhere that don't tough out the Blacklight Crisis."
Despite her leisurely smile, the shadow that crossed the lucario's expression was hard to miss. She said nothing, however, letting it vanish as quietly as it had arrived.

A change in topic? Yes please.

"What kind of world am I from? Think... ah, Cibus, if it didn't have the Blacklight looming over it. Or anything similar to Destiny Village, for that matter. You've been to Treasure Town, yeah?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa nodded, and grinned. "Yeah. Stayed there fer a spell th'first while we were here. It was a different crowd back then, fer th'most part. Team composition has changed considerably over the seasons. I'm fond of that place. I should visit again some time, I used to frequent Spinda's place on th'regular."

Brisa skewed her mouth and considered the notion.

"So, did ya have a counterpart t'yerself in Treasure Town? Couple of Team Spectrum are natives to siblin' worlds of this 'un, but I don't think anyone's met theirself yet."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Half human?" he asked incredulously, and then glanced around to see if he could spot Mia. "You mean, are you a kind of a lab experiment?" he asked. "Or...?"

Kora raised his eye brows in a shrug, then remembered he could shrug and did that, then shook his head, then nodded. "My mom is a human who turn into a Zoroark. My dad was a Lucario who..." he trailed off, then came back, suddenly. "...is my dad."

If anything about the statement had registered with Nate, it would have to be the "short" part, given how he crushed the can of beer he'd been drinking, expression darker than ever.

"Ho ho~?" Kora cooed, slithering over to Nate. "Somethin' wrong? You look mighty upset, sonny."

"But I don't get it!" he said at last. "In our world the big Blacklight thing was hiding on the moon the whole time! But you say you didn't go to the moon, so... Where was it hiding? Did it just"--he waggled his arms like noodly tentacles--"come up out of the ground or something?"

Kora mimicked the exact way Rocky waggled his arms. He... was supposed to be solid right? "Yeah, what Nero said. Giovanni's Mewtwo guy was just amped up on Blacklight, just like how y'all said Soda was." Kora cleared his throat, coughing up... what most would consider a black, staticy cloud. Kora would have called it "That thing that happens when you eat too many pop rocks and drink too much soda," then coughed up another one at the mention of Soda.

"...Hey, did anyone else notice that S..." he cleared his throat again. "That Soda's name sounds exactly like soda the drink?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"The name Pepper ring a bell?"

Brisa raised a brow.

"Yer Pepper's counterpart? No kiddin'. You must be plenty strong, then."

She grinned.

"I defeated Pepper in the Colosseum, best of three," said Brisa, unconcealed yearning for a good scrap heavy in her voice. "Tough fights. So. Does that mean you've faced off 'gainst yer own world's Dialga an' saved the timeline an' all that yap? And, ah, are you coupled with a human guy or gal? Pardon me, I jus' can't help but be curious."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom