• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
As soon as Raven realized what had happened, she spoke to everyone in the team and didn't stop or slow down. If she did, and the Mew-Two realized what happened, then they could still lose Cola.

Cola is with me. It- It was Soda. He saved him.

The Shade was quiet for a moment.

I can't stay close by, it's too dangerous. Everyone who can fight needs to get to Destiny Tower, now.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
First horror, then fear and panic, and finally relief charged through Koa, almost all at once. Looks like the Zoroark was perhaps being helpful after all. A grin spread across his face, and he found himself instictively glacing at Echo. The same triumphant smirk was mirrored on his familiar's face.

Just... Just keep yer wits about yerself. And... Don't just trust me. Trust yerself."

Right. Koa reigned in his beating heart. No more panicking. Cola was safe, at least for now. Time to focus all their efforts on this Mewtwo.

Let me handle this one! Echo shot towards the Mewtwo like a bullet, then suddenly swerved and began dipping and weaving, sometimes drawing so close he could almost brush a wingtip against it, other times seeming like be ready to crash straight into the Mewtwo, only to stop several ayrds away. If there was one thing Echo knew how to do, it was evasive manuevers and high speed techniques.

While Echo did his best to distract it, Koa focused his attention on Mewtwo. Think smart, think smart....

"Owen! Can you tell if this thing got any stronger since last time you guys fought it?" His gaze shifted to the Zoroark in Mewtwo's clutches. If anyone would know, that Zoroark might. And maybe... maybe he could trust him, at least right now, in this fight. If he'd saved Cola, then he had to recognize that stopping this Mewtwo was the best plan.

"Any idea how to beat this thing or what made it attack?" he called

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Mewtwo was expressionless as always, staring at Soda. Then, he looked to all the others as they gathered around. Cal led the charge for those who had been with Maple, aside from Echo who had sped so quickly ahead. From Destiny Village, even more were incoming, though it seemed a few were split off to check the lab.

"He doesn't look like he's much stronger," Owen said. "I--I think. But we've never been able to take him down for good, either, I--"

Mewtwo let go of Soda and drew away, but then Soda reached forward and grabbed him by the arm instead, digging his claws in. Blacklight energy coursed through his arm as more energies flowed through his mane, unkept without the bauble to keep everything in place. He looked like he was swimming underwater with how free-flowing it was in the air.

"Oh, leaving so soon?" Soda asked, pulling him closer. Mewtwo pulled again, but his Teleportation wasn't working. "Nice try, but it looks like you got drawn out a little too easy when I decided to get second thoughts. I knew you'd do that... I know how you tick. Hey!" Soda looked at Koa, smirking. "Good luck at the Tree. I'll catch up."

With his free hand, he made a 'peace' sign, just as Mewtwo blasted him in the chest with a Blacklight blast. Soda winced, but that was all.

"See ya."

With a thunderclap, both he and Mewtwo disappeared.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Nate dropped off Mellow's tail as the charizard landed, flopping unceremoniously in the grass. There was nothing he could do when Soda grabbed onto the mewtwo and tanked a fucking Blacklight blast like it was nothing before teleporting away. Cola was--gone? He was safe?

Arceus was pacing back and forth, looking at a loss. People were shouting, a few still holding attacks at the ready. The smoke was clearing, literally. It looked like the action here was over. Nate was right on fucking time, as always.

He turned and took off down the hill, making for the cratered remains of the lab. "Chip!" he called. "Chip! Where are you?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle was tossed around by the explosion like a water balloon filled with soup, and everything afterwards happened so fast that... it didn't even get the chance to try and help.

Cola was in danger, but was saved by Soda...

That edgier Mewtwo was attacking, hitting like a damn truck...

Raven blasted off at the speed of... a really fast things, probably blindingly fast...

But everyone was alright. The rest of the team showed up, but... not Vix, for whatever reason. Puddle would have been worried about her if it wasn't already worried about Cola. Not like there was a reason to be... it looked like Soda handled the Mewtwo problem already.

Oh right, Soda. Vix would probably wanna know about that. Shame Puddle can't, like, talk to her from far away.

"...I can at least say I called it, somethin' bad did happen," Puddle muttered, laying on its back, hardly holding its shape.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
As soon as she was assured that the Mew-Two was gone, and would likely not be returning (Again, with thanks to Soda...), Raven turned and flew back towards Destiny Tower. She landed close by the others to hear what they had to say about the rest of the fight but soon went to return Cola to Pop. ...There was a lot to think about. She had been expecting much different from what Soda had done just then. Not because he was a Zoroark, but for the simple fact that he had been dishonest with them. Perhaps there was more to learn, if they did ever see him again.

She began to search for Puddle as soon as Cola was with Pop, though she advised them both to find somewhere that couldn't be easily reached, either by teleporting or on foot, and that there was a chance that Destiny Tower could be compromised.

Mellow, on the other hand, had gone to the now destroyed lab, to help with digging out the parts of it that had caved in. She was silent for the most part herself, but her mouth was pressed into a thin line. Just who's side was Soda on, anyways? What was he even doing? It bothered her, but she had to admit, at least he'd saved the little Arceus. Maybe he'd help save everyone else too.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
She began to search for Puddle as soon as Cola was with Pop, though she advised them both to find somewhere that couldn't be easily reached, either by teleporting or on foot, and that there was a chance that Destiny Tower could be compromised.

"If anyone's lookin' for the pocket sized one, I'm right here." Puddle raised a goopy hand, which fell apart after a moment or two. It then stood itself up, although its legs were congealed and its body was melty, so it moved like a Muk with arms and a Scraggy head.

It didn't know what to do, really, so it kinda just stayed there, breathing, thinking... overall not having the best time. "...I want some soda..."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa stared at the spot where he'd disappeared for a long time. He was barely listening as the other discussed or commented on what happened. Outwardly, he probably looked a little dazed, a little relieved. But inside he felt only turmoil. They would have to attack the Tree soon. What would he do? What would he find? And more importantly, what would he do about Soda? Could he be saved or… would they have to fight him?

Half of him burned with anger towards the Zoroark for his lies, for the things he’d done and most of all, for his plans. Playing with the fate of a whole universe made him feel sick.

But did he save Cola today because it was convenient? Or was there more?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
He turned and took off down the hill, making for the cratered remains of the lab. "Chip!" he called. "Chip! Where are you?"

Nate, having the foresight to check on Chip before anything else, was the first to see a truly ghastly sight. Chip had been slammed hard into an opposite wall near Blacklight Mewtwo's chamber. His telekinetically-connected limbs were strewn about the room, whatever material they were made of looking cracked and dented. His main torso and head were relatively nearby, and the limbs all moved and twitched closer to one another as he subconsciously tried to reassemble himself, but the damage was extreme.

He buzzed lightly. "C-can't... sorry... can't... stop... him..."

"...Is there a particular place that you would like to go to?"

"We need to check the guild," Owen said, wondering what else might have been set off. Meanwhile, Pop and Cola were quietly conversing with each other about what to do, before he quietly nodded at the others and Teleported away--to where, he told nobody. Cola went with him, however, looking afraid... but, this time, not of Pop.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle watched Pop and Cola go, giving them both a wave. They'd be fine, Pop would make sure of that. He was... trustworthy, apparently. They wouldn't need anyone to look after them while Soda held of Blacklight Mewtwo.

From the sound of it, the Team needed to check the guild for shit going down, so that'd be their next stop. Puddle started to wonder if Vix was alright, but seeing how it could still faintly feel her, that probably meant she was fine. At least she wasn't dead. Again. "Alright, to the guild... Yeah, I remember where that was." Puddle didn't sound all that sure of itself, but before anyone could offer to help it, it already oozed away.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
"Holy shit, Chip," Nate said. He fumbled his badge off his scarf and cursed when it fell and bounced up against a piece of rubble. "Here, I'm gonna call a healer to come help you out." He sent a text to everyone he could think of asking for them to get a healer to the lab to help with Chip or get him to the infirmary.

With that done, he found himself standing there awkwardly, watching Chip's limbs slowly crawl back towards each other. It was honestly making him a bit queasy. "You, uh, want a berry or something?" he asked, feeling stupid.

---​

Meanwhile, Rocky had nearly made it to the Guild down in the village. He was still going as fast as he could--it was a good thing he didn't have muscles or need to breathe or anything like that! He made a beeline for the holding cells; hopefully Silver and Giovanni were still there and not possessed or anything.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen caught the text from Nate and, knowing he could heal, quickly sent a mental message to Cal to go to the Guild instead while he redirected to the lab with other healers.

"What's going o--Chip!" Owen gasped before he even truly saw him. He hadn't recognized Chip at first with how scattered his body and limbs had become, but he immediately went to work as he did, landing in the center of the room. "H-hang on, I can help with this! Are there any other healers?!" Owen was focusing on something in the middle of the room. A bright haze of green was forming there, but at the same time it looked like Owen's own body was dissolving and becoming intangible.

"Is it... safe...?" Chip asked Nate in a buzzing whisper. "I closed the doors... is it safe...? I wouldn't... let... it destroy... all my work... ha ha... did I... do it...?"

The doors had all been blown open. They look like they had once been closed. Inside the rooms, the doors had crashed into the middles of the room from the air pressure. But despite some of them falling over or drifting on their shelves, the vast majority of the technology developed, stored, or otherwise recovered was untouched and unscathed. Chip had saved his work before saving himself...

--

In the holding cells, Giovanni and Silver were both up and about. Typhlosion was howling in distress with Magnezone and Crobat trying to calm him down. Meanwhile, Weavile, Alakazam and Gengar were looking over the Mewtwo, who was leaned against the wall with a hand to his forehead, grunting. Giovanni was in a similar state, leaned against the wall with his forehead pressed to the wall, working off a migraine of some kind.

"What happened?" Giovanni growled. "It sounded like there was an explosion..."

But Rocky had also passed a peculiar sight: Poffin, Protein, and several other guild members were all chasing down and keeping pinned and restrained one Marshadow S'more. He had a blank look in his eyes as he single-mindedly tried to advance to the holding cells. He was strong and elusive, but the combined efforts of an alert Poppin' Arms had stopped him from doing whatever he'd been awoken to do.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Echo-"

I'll go scout, the Crobat replied mentally. Nodding to Koa, he took off and began doing wide circles through the skies, scanning the area using his eyesight and echolocation to try and pick up on possible dangers.

Koa watched him for only a moment, then took off. There was no time to waste thinking, it seemed. He quickly made his way towards the guild, only to stop shirt when he saw the Marshadow being restrained. Something had somehow set him off? He'd heard about the whole mind seal business, but they'd yet to figure out what actually happened to him. Still, the rest of Poppin' Arms seemed to have it handled. Instead Koa focused his efforts on the surrounding area, trying to see if there was a sign of what had caused all this.

See anything, Echo?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
But Rocky had also passed a peculiar sight: Poffin, Protein, and several other guild members were all chasing down and keeping pinned and restrained one Marshadow S'more. He had a blank look in his eyes as he single-mindedly tried to advance to the holding cells. He was strong and elusive, but the combined efforts of an alert Poppin' Arms had stopped him from doing whatever he'd been awoken to do.

To say Puddle was surprised would have been an understatement. S'more was like a shadowy baby, how was it so hard to grab him? Then again... it wasn't exactly easy to grab Puddle either, aside from the many times it very much was. Puddle would have jumped in to help, but had no legs to jump. The lil familiar was still too goopy for legs it seemed.

"The hell is S'more goin' on about?" it huffed, then looked to Silver and Giovanni. "And the hell're their problems?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven had followed Puddle to the guild, and was unnerved but not surprised when she saw what had happened to S'more. What was more concerning was the sound of the distressed Typhlosion. She glanced at both cells. Both occupants were suffering from something mentally... That couldn't be good.

"Something is wrong with Giovanni and Silver, is there anyone with psychic capabilities available to look at them? Can someone be called in?", she spoke out loud, loud enough that anyone nearby could hear. She hoped someone was...

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
"You're the first that's showed up," Nate said, a little skeptically, as Owen burst into the room. He didn't think of the charizard as much of a healer, but then he started doing some weird greeny haze thing so, you know, whatever. The guy had some truly fucked-up attacks for whatever reason, so if he thought whatever that was was gonna help Chip, Nate would take him at his word.

Besides, Chip had an assignment for him anyway. Nate paced around for a moment, climbing on a piece of rubble to get a better view. "Looks like most stuff's just fine. You did a good job." He glanced back at the Porygon's twitching form. "There anything in particular you want me to check on?"

---​

S'more's dead-eyed look only spurred Rocky on faster. He was afraid he'd show up in the cells to find Silver and Giovanni the same way, hammering on the energy barrier and trying to escape. It wasn't a fun scene, with Typhlosion howling and the two of them clearly in pain, but whatever was happening, they were fighting it! Rocky pulled up in front of the cells, glancing anxiously between them.

"The mewtwo! The Blacklight mewtwo, it blew up the lab and escaped! And then it tried to kill Cola, umm, he's the baby Arceus, but one of the God Squad grabbed him and teleported away. Everybody's safe now, but weird stuff's still happening."

He whirled around when Puddle showed up, only to relax when he realized who it was. "I think whoever took S'more over is trying to do it to them, too!" He turned back to Silver and Giovanni. "You have to fight it! Is there anything I can do to help? I don't know, I don't know what to do!" Maybe Raven had a good idea? "I can call one of the psychic healers in here if you want me to!"

If only Mudkip was here. Maybe his shadowy move could block anybody trying to get into these two's minds. Then again, people usually didn't feel too good after getting hit with it, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom