• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Worldbuilding thread to Fic Discussion?

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
  3. fearow
Hey everyone, staff in particular.

Wondering if this thread, Worldbuilding June, would better suited if moved over to the Fic Discussion area? It's currently sitting in General Chat.

I can see arguments for and against, and the thread *has* sat (sit? sut?) comfortably on GC for a good insert number of years already without presenting issues that I know of, so it's not like it's having trouble.

My cleanest argument for requesting a check is that the thread subject is situational and precise enough that it sinks to undiscoverability in GC for a good portion of the year, and it's not findable when you are looking for the kind of subject in the area where that usually goes. Earlier yesterday when I was asked (in chat) to find a post in it, I went on to Fic Discussion to fetch the thread for a few pages before "remembering" it's in GC instead, whereas it's definitively the kind of subject I'd to go (or have found in) the equivalent to Fic Discussion to search in any other forum (Writer's Lounge in PC, or Writer's Workshop in BMGf, for example).

Cheers in advance.

No wait, that one is a greeting, right?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
It seems that people are discussing original works in that thread right now rather than fanfics.

Negrek

komorebi
Staff
I’m neutral on this. Can see arguments for keeping or moving it. FWIW, Fic Discussion can also cover original works, so that specifically doesn’t seem like a big reason to keep the thread out of this section.

Basically going to hang out and see what others’ opinions are. If it seems people want it moved overall, I’ll make it happen.

Top Bottom