• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Venia May Drabble [TR5A Drabble Bingo]

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
Hey everyone. Don't mind me I'll be around posting some drabbles and stuff I am writing for the Fifth Anniversary. The card was originally posted here by @windskull and is reproduced here:

Prompt:

pseudo/legendaries having lives, Pokémon meeting old friends, distractions before an important Battle.

Card:

Separated during childhood, reunited as adults.Too nervous to eat before battleLearning about the illness/loss of a loved one
A conversation between Darkrai and CresselliaPre-Battle injuryReturning from migration
A legend’s favorite TV showA lifetime for me is but a blink of an eye for youTaking care of the hatchlings

If I get to the points I'll file the claim but for now what matters is words.

CHANGELOG:

[2024-05-10] Updated to mark drabbles 3, 9.

[2024-05-11] Updated to mark drabbles 7, 1.

Last edited:
[3] Learning about the illness/loss of a loved one New

Venia Silente

Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
Torn from the Heavens

We thought we’d have all this time for ourselves.

After all, we’ve watched eras come and go. Rain would turn to drought as I combed the mountaintops setting up a nice feather nest, to your liking. Castles were built then torn down while you lured me closer with the dance of the heavens.

None of those changes were ever threatening. Not now that we were grown up, at least. The world spends its life below, yet we extend our wings and pass silent judgment over everyone who lives, who will ever live.

Every once in a while, though, we alight on even the lower roofs of the world. To bask in the touch and voice of others, and in the food they offer.

Even more rarely, a malady or a war from the world below grabs us, and our kind must confine itself to the grounds.

Today, my dear, it has been a seasonal malady that has grabbed a hold on you.

Our kind is not a stranger to the numbing cold that can take down even the fiercest dragons, even if we ourselves, simpler beings, can spend days on end amidst the chilling winds.

But it is still painful to see you, torn you from the sky in between coughs and fits, that you’d be forced to take shelter in one of the edifices consigned to the workings of humans.

You knew to head for them. We all do. I accompanied you and even now I watch over, from a distance, as instructed.

The humans have fought these maladies for as long as we have flown in the skies, and know their ways around them. Of all the clues passed down in screeches between the mountains, the one clue to perch down near the humans with white masks has always saved our kind.

If the humans say you will heal, you shall.

Even if it comes at the price of us not being alone.

I can only see you from behind the glass, and even then we’re not alone.

We thought we’d have all this time for ourselves.

But I’m not too concerned with the Chansey keeping us company. Together we’ll wait for you to take your rest.

So that we can return to the belly of the heavens.

[9] Taking care of the hatchlings New

Venia Silente

Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
Into the Fire

It wasn’t often that Kommo-o got to spend much time with his hatchlings. They were already old enough to wander about and now they wanted to learn everything about the world.

Since they were frolicking outside the nest, poking plants and mock biting each other, Kommo-o clanged his scales to end their recess, and the hatchlings rushed in into the den the moment after. They wondered what was going on and when were they going to hassle the bugs outside; Kommo-o scratched the wall and brought them to attention.

“It’s warm and sunny outside so we’re going to go out and have a relaxed day!” he announced. “I brought something in so you can start learning about the outside world.”

Kommo-o led the hatchlings outside, at a cove where he had left a fresh Charmeleon kill. The hatchlings meandered about the Pokémon, nosed it about and took furtive attempts at poking it and scratching it. All in all, they were surprised, they had seen and hassled Charmeleon before, but they had never seen a dead one before.

“Children, this is food,” Kommo-o announced proudly.

The hatchlings rattled about. “Food?” “Food?” “Food?” “Food?”

They admittedly were used to softer food, but it was about time for them to grow up.

“M-hmmm. This is the kind of stuff you can kill when you’re grown up. See, it’s not even a true dragon.”

The father prompted at his children to examine the fallen Pokémon, while he scouted the surroundings. The hatchlings took a few tentative bites but all in all didn’t seem to like it much; what they did like about it was that it was warm. Two of the younger Jangmo-o in the clutch started fighting over the Charmeleon to drag it back to the nest.

“Can we keep it? It’s warm,” complained one of the hatchlings.

Kommo-o shook his head. “No, it’s food. It’s not for keeping.”

Another hatchling raised a claw. “But if it’s food then it’s not going to be warm anymore?”

The Kommo-o huffed. “Afraid not. In a short time it’s not going to be warm or yummy like it is now.”

One of the children stepped forth and held a claw over her chin. “So, if we don’t kill food it stays warm?”

“Uhm….” The Kommo-o tilted his head, his crest clanging a bit. He definitively had no idea where was this line of thought going. “Yeah. Food that’s still alive is usually warm.”

The children gave him big, pearly, cognizant eyes, nodded and went off their own ways, to play outside and to hush with each other. Content that the hatchlings were entertained, Kommo-o flopped on the ground…

And fell on a well-deserved quickie sunbath nap...

“...Children?”

Kommo-o woke up a few minutes later to a few rawrs in the distance and sounds of alarm from various herbivores. A quickie look around revealed his hatchlings were missing – apparently gone off to adventure.

The father dashed out of the den and looked around. No sight of the hatchlings anywhere nearby.

But he did hear something. Jangmo-o rawrs in the distance… accompanied by what appeared to be Charmeleon growls.

All coming from Area 8… the Charizard den!

“...Oh no!”

Worriedly the father wasted no time in rushing uphill, towards a cave opening that he knew led directly to the den and was the sure path the hatchlings would have taken. Sure enough, he could sniff their scent off a few rocks and logs, and this enticed him to disregard everything else and get to the den fast.

The cave went by in a blur, as the Kommo-o reached the opening of the alcove where the Charmander families lived. And right there, in the middle of the alcove, he saw his hatchlings pestering a couple of Charmander hatchlings, trying to stomp them or ram them, and nibbling at their tails.

“This one’s warm!” yelled one of the hatchlings. “Come on, be good food!”

The Jangmo-o rushed at the Charmander hatchling, only for it to spit a few embers right at its attacker’s face. Two other Charmander reeled back from another Jangmo-o’s attempt to bite at their hands, and joined forces to headbutt him a fair distance off the den area.

Suddenly the air around seemed to heat up, and Kommo-o tensed up. A shadow passed right above him. This was not going to go nicely if the children were not trained on how to actually hunt!

“Children!” the Kommo-o cried.

A Charizard, likely the mother, flew down in front of him, from right above the alcove, and breathed out a wall of flame at the front of the den to keep the intruders away, and then circled about, letting out a threatening roar.

Kommo-o gasped. “ChildREN!!!!”

Kommo-o’s entire armour of scales rattled at the threat, and the Pokémon launched himself ahead to assist his hatchlings in what has now become their first hunting attempt.

[7] A legend’s favorite TV show New

Venia Silente

Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken

A Force in Time

Riolu and Shinx fought with all their might, but they were cornered by a ravine and the destructive powers of the Yveltal before them were too much. They were so thankful Celebi was here to help.

Something started ringing. The two Pokémon looked around, Celebi simply looked down at a little device she was wearing on hammerspace.

“What is that?” Riolu asked.

“Oh it’s my new SEIKO Classic. Set up an alarm for an important teatime telenovela!”

Yveltal opened her beak and started pooling up a Die Beam for the three. Riolu pointed to the growing threat. “Teatime? Hello? It’s nighttime! And we need help!”

Celebi shrugged. “It’s always 4 PM somewhere, darling.” The Grass-type faerie waved a hand and a bubbly thingy materialized. “Now, behave yourselves and survive. Ta-da!”

Celebi entered the bubble and it poofed away.

Shinx groaned and took a look at the growing, glowing swirl of Die before them as it grew to cover the pair’s field of view.

“Fuck timezones.”

Celebi levitated to a sofa in front of the TV. This was the time of the day when the homeowner was away at work so the Pokémon had the home occupied for herself.

She tuned in for the programme that she liked the most. Something something humans going in a time travel hunt for criminals. Oh and also they had emotions that were always accompanied with background music!

Everything had started a few weeks ago. When the show itself had first aired, and Celebi had gotten fascinated with it.

«Oh, darling, don’t leave me!» the woman protag had cried back in the pivotal scene of Episode 1. Her mate, a time cop in red spandex, had been slashed in the back during a prison riot and left mortally wounded.

The woman had cradled her mate; in response, he had held up his hand to hers.

«Take the keys... and steal the time travel airship, dear,» the fallen mate had spoken in laborious breaths. «You gotta get back... Back to the past...»

The wounded human’s hand had then fallen dramatically slowly and that background music started out of nowhere; that got the actress character crying - and riled up for a vengeance. Over time Celebi had found herself attracted to such ways to provide TV characters with inspiration – and her with fun. Next scene for example, Celebi had laughed a good bit when the protagonist and her team got into the airship and then had a giant robot literally kick the airship in the butt to send it to the past.

Celebi giggled some more. Silly humans and their contraptions, oh so limited and roundabout for travelling across time.

Thus the humans travelled from their silly imaginary future with designer babies and crystal togas (why do humans always get that part wrong, Celebi sometimes wondered? They couldn’t have missed the memo on the Eternal Disco Revival of 2716...). They would arrive in the present, which was their past, and now they had a mission to defeat and recapture the prisoners to protect this time, and to get vengeance for the leader’s mate.

Every work day, at 4 PM on NicKits.

The way everyone went about it, however, was so lazy and whimsical. They were all dressed in colorful spandex and went about firing lasers at the fugitives until they went down. All while yelling about emotions. And that was part of why Celebi loved the programme so much.

There was a lull in the action while the female leader explained some new time travel predicament to her companions, so Celebi took the time to pop a time bubble to the kitchen eight minutes into the future, when its popcorn would be ready. Celebi covered one of its ears and avoided looking into the bubble – no spoilers!

Carefully, Celebi opened the future microwave and retrieved a bowl of future popcorn. Time bubble now closed, the Pokémon floated down to the sofa and resumed their entertainment.

Just in time for the characters to act silly, because they just happened to be saved from a losing fight by a lookalike to the leader’s future-gone mate.

«What is this?» chortled the leader female, staring at the look-alike. «You can’t be him!»

«Him who?» the look-alike boy asked.

One of the future teammates sprung into scene, fascinated at the look-alike. «Just like Alex!» he added with a smile, right before the female leader shoved him offscreen.

«Jenny,» the young male answered with a snort, «don’t compare me to that kind of future hero!» He got up on a motorcycle and put on his helmet. «I’m a spoiled brat with no work ethics, who only cares about spending the fortune made from dad’s company!»

And away he went, accompanied with some musical score.

Celebi chuckled. She need no time bubble to know these two were gonna end together. And if not, she’d write her own version of the script where they did, and travel a few years to the past to slip it in into the producer’s notes.

«But Jenny, we can’t pass on on the help!» one of the other girls in the future team interrupted with a few sighs.

«We can do just fine without him,» the leader pouted. «I’m too much stuck in the denial phase to accept any help! Even accidental help!»

One of the other team members raised a hand. «Well, while we’re stuck here we should get some jobs. I would sign in as a Uber but this is year 2001 and my license permit isn’t valid for the next 970 years anyway.»

Another of the team members produced an owl robot from a box and started trying to turn it on. «We can at least call to the future to get reinforcements!»

The team leader turned around and pointed angrily at him, then at everyone in turn. «No distractions! We’ll lose themselves into this thankless job, no supplies from the future, while I pine for my lost love and make it everyone’s problem. Let’s go!»

And away she went.

The other members of the team rolled their eyes and followed their team leader.

All accompanied with some dramatic flutes for background music. All heading to the next adventure.

While Celebi looked on from the couch and smiled at their temporary misfortunes, she hoped she would have such enjoyment for 30-something more episodes. The credits rolled, and she promised herself to wait for the next episode, in linear time.

[1] Separated during childhood, reunited as adults. New

Venia Silente

Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken

Of One Land​

When the Gliscor took off from the the queue and landed right at the tent office of the new general assigned to the area, the two Abomasnow guards gave him unamused glares.

“The queue is there for something, Gligar, get back in line,” said one sternly as she tried to grab the Gliscor.

“Oh but I’m not here visiting!” the Gliscor announced. He produced a document from the satchel he was carrying.

The first Abomasnow looked at the papers, dumbfounded. The other Abomasnow, a bit more savvy, took advantage of the moment and grabbed a hold of the Gliscor. The poor Pokémon let out a yelp when grabbed.

The second Abomasnow gave a sheepish look at the Ampharos that was next in the line. “Sorry about that.”

The first Abomasnow put on monocles and examined the documents. “‘Oedi-offin’. Says here you are from the… Yunga tribe?”

Oedi-offin and the Abomasnow guard exchanged looks. The disposition of the guard did not seem to improve any, and in the end the Gliscor gave a nervous click of his pincers.

“The tribes from Yunga to Clay Wall all have been eliminated, Gligar,” the second Abomasnow spat. “You won’t find many friends around here, there’s only a few Rowlet and Greavard around.”

“I know…” the Gliscor answered, not letting his disappointment show much. “I’m here for the investigation party on the Sea of Solidad.”

At the mention of that the second guard let go of his grip on the Gliscor, who caught on and managed to land cleanly. The two Abomasnow guards gave him a long look, and the one holding the documents nervously scratched his head.

“Uhm… that is… welcome.”

The Abomasnow held the hand with the documents out and Oedi-offin took them back.

“Fourth ramp to the left, then get to the storage tents downhill. Everyone gathers there.”

The Gliscor nodded, grabbed his bag and eagerly flew ahead. No need to follow the ramp if he knew the directions to the place.

----

The Gliscor found himself at a plaza full of Pokémon of various kinds, including one or two Gligar around, as well as a few bird Pokémon of species he had never seen before. A few Treecko had set up tents with displays of woodcraft as well as some small machines and devices.

Not far from there the Gliscor could see two arenas set for sparring matches, although currently all the fighting was outside the arena as two groups of Grookey and Tinkatink were arguing heatedly over something and tossing coins at each other.

The Gliscor clicked his claws amusedly. Some people had not changed in years, it seemed. He flew ahead to look at more stands and ultimately landed by a small clearing where a few Pokémon were showing off their proficiency with weapons, something that was not very common in these lands. Oedi-offin tilted his head. Like him, these Pokémon had had to learn a new life from the outside.

How many old acquaintances, if any, would have come back at the calling? Oedi-offin was not too sure. The years had passed, everyone had changed somehow. But the war of their land, the war had not changed.

“Whoo hoo! That was almost perfect!”

Oedi-offin took a look at the three Decidueye making showcase of their shooting skills on a couple of targets set at a distance. They each had their own technique and made a point of performing a number of acrobatics when nailing their targets, to the delight of a few observers.

And among those, Oedi-offin thought he recognized the imprints of a style, of a mind. One of the Decidueye had a markedly different style. Gliding up, holding a leg up and tilting the neck, or shuffling about to fire at an angle.

The telling of a Pokémon that, like the Gliscor hiself, had grown in the middle of warrig tribes, forced to leave and learn the world on their own, and found a place of scholarship and mystery, to learn a style and technique that made them unique.

The three Decidueye turned to their audiences and saluted, stepping away to let other Pokémon practice too. And as the eyes of Oedi-offin and of Alba met again after many years, the two Pokémon smiled.

They were here. They were all here, and ready. In the end, the harshness of the world could not push the people that made community away.

Top Bottom