• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The Remixed Animeverse Explained (worldbuilding)

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
As I've grown up with the Pokemon anime, there are some aspects of it that bother me, mainly why Team Rocket has to show up in every episode, filler that does not contribute anything to the world or the characters (I personally don't mind filler, so long as it contributes backstory, worldbuilding, character development, or as a breather after an intense episode or arc), the lack of goals for some characters, or why the characters' teams are not well built (to be fair, Ash has been getting better about this, but there are still some questionable choices on his teams and on his other companions' teams.)

So I decided to re-imagine and remix the anime as if it took place in my imagined version of the Pokeworld, a nine story (and counting) project I call the Pokemon Anime Remix Project.

These stories take each arc of the show, and add in some aspects of the games and my imagination to create the Pokemon anime as you've never seen it before!

In order, the nine stories are:

Pokemon Lightning Yellow (Kanto--in progress)
Pokemon Moonlight Silver (Johto--complete)
Pokemon Sapphire Sky (Houen and the Battle Frontier)
Pokemon Shine Diamond (Shinou--on hold)
Pokemon Storm Gray (Unova--on hold)
Pokemon: Saviors of Destruction (Kalos)
Pokemon Island Sun (Alola)
Pokemon Hero's Sword (Galar)
Pokemon Ancient Scarlet (Paldea)

My only word of warning: these remixes are not quite the games you remember, nor are they the anime you remember!

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Good luck with your revamp/revisit/fic. Any parts of it you eager to really dig into or share care as a sneak peak?

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
@K_S

The remixed animeverse is generally where most of my modern day Poke-writings take place--it is mainly a mix of the games, the show, ideas from other shows I felt would fit in the Pokeverse, and Pokemonized real world lore.

To name a few major differences between the real show and my version (without giving too much away):

--Ash will still get to beat Leon...but he will do it alongside Misty and Brock in my version
--Ash, Misty, and Brock are traveling in Paldea in Ancient Scarlet (with Liko, Roy, and Juliana as their guides--I just throw the Horizons story and universe out the window and brought Liko and Roy to Ash's world)
--This version of Ash is little bit of an author avatar--his teams reflect what I actually used when I played each gen. He is aware of the type chart--so he would know better than to tell his Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on a Rock type.
--Every important Pokemon has a name in the remixed animeverse--the Pikachu we all know and love is named Tintri (Chin-tree)
--Some of Ash's companions are cut.
--A LOT of Pokemon Ash used in the show are cut or rearranged to other characters
--Team Rocket is gone after Johto (but they do return during the Battle Frontier arc in Sapphire Sky)
--Contests follow the game's rules--no battling in the contest hall!
--Serena's story in XY is rewritten to feature Contests (as I felt the Pokemon Showcase was too weird, even by 2013 standards--and that Serena could go toe to toe with the boys)
--Alola, Galar, and Paldea are rewritten to reflect their respective game plots.

Reactions: K_S

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
The Group's Musical Abilities

In the remixed animeverse, the group has great musical ability--what follows is a list of what they can currently play well, and sing (this list doesn't count instruments they are currently learning, or may learn in the future.)

Ash's current instruments:

Plucked string:

Acoustic guitar (Kanade)
Electric guitar (Scarlet)
Concert ukulele (Tiki)
Autoharp (its name is unknown, received as a gift on his Unovan trip)

Bowed string:

Fiddle (Petra)

Flutes and whistles:

Pokeflute x5 (his main one is named Dali, but the others' names are unknown)

Tin whistle x20 (he has at least one in every key, but so far, only the four most common keys' names are known--Cecelia (his main C whistle), Diana (his main D whistle), Mera (Eb whistle), and Fiona (F whistle)
Concert flute (Yinzi)
Piccolo (Kani--received as a souvenir from his Alolan trip)
Bansi (Miki--after the Kimono Girl that gave it to him)
Ocarina (appropriately named Zelda)
Panpipes (Kanya) Recorder x3 (a soprano, an alto, and a tenor--their names are unknown)
Alolan shaman's flute (its name is unknown)

Other wind instruments:

Harmonica x14 (like the whistles, he has at least one in every key, but his main one is Dory, a 10 hole chromatic in C--his newest and current main harmonica is Dory IV.)
EWI (Chikara, or Chika for short--it is always set to Pokeflute fingering mode)
Trumpet (Luna, since it is a silver trumpet)

Vocals:

High tenor (he can hit the second Ab above middle C easily, and can go higher if he has warmed up properly)

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Misty's Current Musical Abilities

Keyboards:

--Digital piano x2 (one is used with the Red Masters, and one for jamming at home)

Plucked string:

--Acoustic guitar (gifted to her by Daisy. Brock is teaching her to play it)

Bowed string:

Fiddle (her main)
Tikin (received as a gift from Kuni, one of the Kimono Girls)

Wind:

Tin whistle x2 (one was received as a gift from Ash, the other she bought herself)
Trumpet (still learning; it was a custom deep blue design made just for her, complete with blue valves and blue mouthpieces. She has named it Sapphire.)
Euphonium (learning from Brock)
Tuba (learned on her own, with guidance from a community band's lead tuba)

Vocals:

Mezzo soprano on the alto side (she has a decent high range, but knows better than to attempt singing soprano)

Last edited:

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Brock's Current Musical Abilities

Keyboards:

NES Keyboard (a custom made digital piano that plays NES and Famicom sounds)
Digital keyboard (mainly used for working with music programs and brainstorming song ideas)

Plucked string:

Acoustic guitar x4 (two black acoustic-electrics for performances--one is named Notte, and the other is named Stella; a yellow brown acoustic for jamming at home and traveling named Goldie, and a red-black acoustic named Rossa)
Minstrel's harp x2 (the handheld one he uses in performance is named Ivy--in honor of Prof. Ivy and due to its ivy inlaywork. The larger harp he plays at home has an unknown name)
Vina (named Sakura, after the Kimono Girl that gave it to him)

Wind:

Tin whistle x4 (unlike Ash, he only has the common keys. They are named Charlotte (C), Danielle (D), Melissa (Eb), and Fina (F)
Panpipes (its name is unknown)
Harmonica (12 hole chromatic in C named Caroline, after May's mom, who gave it to him)
Alto Pokeflute (its name is unknown)
Trombone (its name is unknown)
Euphonium (Ariana, since it is a silver instrument)
Tuba (Midori; for doubling and soloing)

Vocals:

True tenor (he can hit the higher end of the baritone range if the song requires it)

Percussion:

Drum set (Kenna, since the set is red)
Galarian frame drum (its name is unknown)

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Serena's Current Musical Abilities

Plucked string:

Acoustic guitar
Mandolin (her secondary)
Moji (received as a gift from Naoko, one of the Kimono Girls)
Kanegen (received as a gift from Naoko, one of the Kimono Girls)

Bowed string:

Fiddle (her main)

Wind:

Pokeflute (a gift from Ash)
Tin whistle (still learning)
Kalosian horn (learned while in Kalos)
Euphonium (learning from Brock)
Tuba (learning from Brock)

Vocals:

Mezzo-soprano on the soprano side (she has a decent low range, and can hit the high notes required for an eiyuna)

Misc. instruments:

Piano accordion (its name is unknown)

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
May's Current Musical Abilities:

Keyboards:

Digital keyboard (for jamming at home and working with song ideas)

Plucked string:

Acoustic guitar (for playing in The Red Masters and for her own enjoyment. Norman taught her the basic chords, and the rest she learned on her own, with help from Brock)
Electric guitar (for playing in The Red Masters)
Mandolin (when Serena is busy with another instrument)

Wind:

Euphonium (learning from Brock--its name is Tsubasa.)

Vocals:

Soprano (is mainly a sweet and soft soprano, but she can sing more powerful songs if needed)

SparklingBlue

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Dawn's Current Musical Abilities

Plucked string:

Vina (learning from Brock; has played it in a few performances with the Kagayou)

Bowed string:

Fiddle (her main; learned to play in school before learning trad tunes on her own)

Wind:

Concert flute (learning from Ash; its name is Astral)

Vocals:

Mezzo-soprano on the soprano side (while she can't go too high, she does have a strong and spirited voice for heroic roles)

Top Bottom