• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

    Join now!

The Festival of Masks

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Location
Somewhere, surely.
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
The child with the big ogerpon mask stood at the edge of the light, watching the festivities with an unmistakable slump to their shoulders. They turned as Theo approached, taking a nervous step back.
"Uhh, hey kid. I promise I'm friendly, don't worry. " Theo stopped at a distance from the child. "I can stay over here if you want, I'm just here to chat. I really like your mask by the way, it's very different from the other ogerpon masks here. I, uh, also noticed that you didn't seem to be enjoying the festival all that much, why is that?" Theo tilted his head.
 

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
@System Error

She heads back to the town for a brief stop, before heading to Kitakami Hall. Would anything happen along the way? If uninterrupted until then or if nothing caught her attention, the most she would do is briefly say hello to Peachy if she's around (and stay for a while if she wanted to talk).

The walk back to the festival was largely uneventful. As she went along, Satomi might now and again notice the footprints she'd found at the shrine running on ahead of her--two sets of them, anyway. The long and narrow ones seemed to have vanished completely.

The other two pairs largely disappeared as well once Satomi reached the path between Mossui Town and Kitakami Hall. So many people had passed this way over the past few hours that their own footprints had largely obscured those that wound down from Loyalty Plaza. The broad, deep set still showed here and there, however; they'd made such big craters in the earth that the other foot traffic hadn't been able to scuff them out completely.

These broke away from the path before reaching Kitakami Hall, striking out into the tall grass in the direction of the Ogre Oustin' courses. Straight ahead the lights of the festival washed out the stars, casting a bright haze over the hilltop. Against that bright backdrop a large, dark shape could be seen high up in the branches of one of the trees around the festival's perimeter.

@Dragonfree

By her feet, she noticed the boy's Sentret sniffing around. She bent down to hand it what remained of her candy apple - not too much left around the core, but the Sentret could definitely nibble on it.

It didn't take the sentret long to notice the apple. His ears stood up, his nose twitched, and for a moment he hesitated--but only for a moment. Why not take something that was so clearly being offered? He snatched the apple core from Jean's hand and settled in to nibble it by her feet.

His trainer was enraptured by the play, where the big battle was coming to a close. One by one Ogerpon bashed the Loyal Three over the head with its club, and they collapsed dramatically, to mixed laughter and mock dismay from the crowd. "Though the Loyal Three fought valiantly, they were ultimately overcome by the sheer power of the ogre. Defeating our protectors left it in such a sorry state that it could do no more than limp back to its lair on Oni Mountain, dragging one stolen mask with it."

Sentret's trainer sighed and shook his head faintly, turning away from the stage. "Come on, Sentret, let's see if--Sentret? Sentret, don't... don't bother people." Sentret chattered indignantly--he wasn't bothering anybody!--but stuffed the remains of the apple in his cheek for later enjoyment and padded back over to his trainer. It was hard to tell with the mask, but the boy didn't seem to make eye contact with Jean as he murmured, "Sorry..."

@FauxFox

"Uhh, hey kid. I promise I'm friendly, don't worry. " Theo stopped at a distance from the child. "I can stay over here if you want, I'm just here to chat. I really like your mask by the way, it's very different from the other ogerpon masks here. I, uh, also noticed that you didn't seem to be enjoying the festival all that much, why is that?" Theo tilted his head.

The child remained on guard, but didn't retreat any further as Theo began to speak. Something about his quetion must have struck them uncomfortably, though, because they cringed away when he mentioned their discomfort. But they did reply, in a strange sort of voice that didn't entirely seem made up of sound. What they didn't do was answer Theo's question. What... What do you think of Ogerpon?
 

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Location
Somewhere, surely.
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
But they did reply, in a strange sort of voice that didn't entirely seem made up of sound. What they didn't do was answer Theo's question. What... What do you think of Ogerpon?
"Being honest, I don't know much about Ogerpon." Theo admitted, trying not to shiver as he responded to the strange voice. "The people here seem to dislike it, at least that's what I assume based off that play they were putting on, and how most of the Ogerpon masks here are styled to look kind of angry, though the version of the mask you are wearing seems much more, approachable, I guess. I'd probably have to meet Ogerpon before I made up my mind though, looks can be deceiving after all." Theo chuckled, adjusting the Vulpix mask he was wearing a little.
 

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Below, the child in the green poncho turned briefly back towards the stage, then shuddered and fled back into the shadows on the edge of the festival grounds.

Kari caught something in the corner of her eye; her attenton had been on the play, and by the time she glanced over, the shape was gone.

On stage, the battle between the ogre and the Loyal Three was joined. The performers whirled around each other in a tightly-choreographed fight sequence, with flashbangs and bursts of colored smoke to represent their attacks.

She'd been sort of zoned out, focused intently on the play, but with her focus broken, she caught sight of several others in the crowd taking pictures of the play with her phone. That's a good idea! Kari though, pulling out her own phone - just in time to record the dramatic battle happening up on stage.

Almost as an afterthought, Kari turned down to the turtwig beside her, aiming her camera in his direction (having stopped recording, of course).

"Um," she started, unsure if the pokemon would understand her. "May I take your picture? I want to remember the festival."
@UnknownUser55
 

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Location
In Guzma's Closet
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"My first as well. Had a couple weeks vacation that needed using, so I figured I'd travel and see something new. I have to say, its beautiful. I'm always fascinated by the different cultures and history of the world."
Vienna tilted her head inquisitively. Vacation time? So a working man. She had to refrain from looking him up and down as her mind went crazy with the possibilities. Construction? He looked like a heavy lifter. Medicine? Doctors were pretty fit sometimes. Cop? She could see it, but that would suck. Dad was a cop; it was too similar.

As the play picked up, she also stopped to watch. She found herself becoming momentarily engrossed in the campy nature of the production, smiling warmly as the plot progressed.

Envy's a bitch, she thought to herself. She'd need to pay more attention, as perhaps some important aspects of her research could come right out of the reenactment of the myth before her.

"Field research, huh. What's your field of study?" he asked curiously. "Marcel, by the way. And you-?"
"Oh, I'm a Pokemon Professor!" she said excitedly. She'd been licensed for a few years now, but it still felt amazing to say out loud. "I specialize in magical-type Pokemon research. However, I focus heavily on occultology, or the 'esoteric sciences' as they call it colloquially. So, I hang out with ghost and psychic types a lot," she explained before holding her hand out to shake. "Vienna. Nice to meet you in the middle of this production." As a dance mom, she should know better than to talk during a performance. But what her kid didn't know wouldn't hurt her.

Marcel, though. Where would that be from? It sounded Kalosian, but it could have been Galarian. He didn't have an accent, though, so perhaps not.
 

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Location
Stovokor
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
His conversation with the old woman over, Kohath made his way to the crowd of the play that had been spoken of before. He sat down on an empty seat, his view of the stage clear thanks to his height.

On stage, the battle between the ogre and the Loyal Three was joined. The performers whirled around each other in a tightly-choreographed fight sequence, with flashbangs and bursts of colored smoke to represent their attacks.
One by one Ogerpon bashed the Loyal Three over the head with its club, and they collapsed dramatically, to mixed laughter and mock dismay from the crowd. "Though the Loyal Three fought valiantly, they were ultimately overcome by the sheer power of the ogre. Defeating our protectors left it in such a sorry state that it could do no more than limp back to its lair on Oni Mountain, dragging one stolen mask with it."

Kohath stroked his beard. The play seemed to depict the fable central to this festival. He took notice of the strange lights and plumes of colorful smoke - were they using trained beasts to create those effects, or technology? He couldn't see any beasts around the stage, but they could have been invisible, perhaps ghosts instead.

In terms of the story, he had unfortunately arrived too late to know the context of the battle. By the narrator's words, it seemed that the 'ogre' was the villain of the story if it had bested the 'Loyal' Three. They all seemed to look equally strange to Kohath, though. Perhaps the playwright had not wanted to stray too far from the alleged appearances of these beasts, trading symbolic clarity for realism.
 

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
@FauxFox

"Being honest, I don't know much about Ogerpon." Theo admitted, trying not to shiver as he responded to the strange voice. "The people here seem to dislike it, at least that's what I assume based off that play they were putting on, and how most of the Ogerpon masks here are styled to look kind of angry, though the version of the mask you are wearing seems much more, approachable, I guess. I'd probably have to meet Ogerpon before I made up my mind though, looks can be deceiving after all." Theo chuckled, adjusting the Vulpix mask he was wearing a little.

The child listened to Theo's response, head tipped slightly to one side. They didn't react much to his answer, instead turning to gaze back at the festival's lights. They can be, they said softly. It isn't safe for me to be here, but I keep coming back. People come from all over for this festival, and every year... I hope it might be the year that he returns.
 

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
His trainer was enraptured by the play, where the big battle was coming to a close. One by one Ogerpon bashed the Loyal Three over the head with its club, and they collapsed dramatically, to mixed laughter and mock dismay from the crowd. "Though the Loyal Three fought valiantly, they were ultimately overcome by the sheer power of the ogre. Defeating our protectors left it in such a sorry state that it could do no more than limp back to its lair on Oni Mountain, dragging one stolen mask with it."
"Oh, I'm a Pokemon Professor!" she said excitedly. She'd been licensed for a few years now, but it still felt amazing to say out loud. "I specialize in magical-type Pokemon research. However, I focus heavily on occultology, or the 'esoteric sciences' as they call it colloquially. So, I hang out with ghost and psychic types a lot," she explained before holding her hand out to shake. "Vienna. Nice to meet you in the middle of this production." As a dance mom, she should know better than to talk during a performance. But what her kid didn't know wouldn't hurt her.

Marcel, though. Where would that be from? It sounded Kalosian, but it could have been Galarian. He didn't have an accent, though, so perhaps not.

Marcel nodded as she spoke, his attention split between watching the play and listening to Vienna. Somehow he found it rather amusing that the Ogrepon mask was that of the mon who supposedly killed this lands guardians. Drake would probably have gotten a kick out of that.He couldn't help but mentally analyze the story in the play like a crime. The apparent victims? The Loyal Three. The suspect? Ogrepon. Motive; jealousy. But without interviewing Ogrepon, it was hard to reach a conclusion and find the truth..

Who had witnessed the crime? With no more Loyal Three to confront either, it left evidence mostly hearsay at best...

In his musing, he realized he'd probably left Vienna hanging. he turned back to her with an amicable grin. "An impressive field of study. My partner is a Dachsbun, and I have a Chimecho. They're indespensable in and out of battle. Great types," he said, smiling fondly.

As what seemed to be the main climax of the show started to end, Marcel nodded towards the stage. "So what do you think of the story of the Loyal Three?" he asked curiously.
 

Dragonfree

Moderator
Staff
Location
Iceland
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Sentret's trainer sighed and shook his head faintly, turning away from the stage. "Come on, Sentret, let's see if--Sentret? Sentret, don't... don't bother people." Sentret chattered indignantly--he wasn't bothering anybody!--but stuffed the remains of the apple in his cheek for later enjoyment and padded back over to his trainer. It was hard to tell with the mask, but the boy didn't seem to make eye contact with Jean as he murmured, "Sorry..."
Jean hesitated. The boy wasn't looking at her, which gave her a familiar pang of anxiety. But nobody else here seemed to do that, and he was apologizing at the same time... "Don't be sorry," she tried, smiling, although he probably couldn't see it beneath her mask. "Your Sentret's really cute! Are you from here? It sounded like you already know the legend in the play!"
 
Partners
  1. suikaibuki
Satomi had a swagger in her step as she made her way down Reveler's Road. It seemed from the footprints that the Loyal Three were off to the festival as well. One even took flight. A fun little thought occurred to her. Pokemon were quite sentient, but not all of them could process human traditions. Still, this was obvious enough; the elderly priestess imagined they would get a kick out of seeing that they were the ones being honored!

As she approaches the grounds of Kitakami Hall, the elderly woman thinks she feels the presence of someone familiar. Sure enough, she sees her hanging about, engaged in conversation with a...very interesting individual. Much as she wanted to go over to greet them, Satomi only gives her old poncho-wearing acquaintance a brief wave for the moment. Something else had caught her attention. And if that was her...

There were many applications of spiritual training. Being able to sense others was one of them, and with a little focus, one could sense more about them. So she reaches out to feel the figure in the tree. She doesn't have to reach out physically with her level of power, but she does. She wants them to know she sees them. They had a powerful aura associated with the revered, and the sense of poison all but confirmed their identity. The proud and bitter figure felt hesitant in some way. It was only natural that they would be given the circumstances. The Great Mesprit had blessed them all with many emotions, person and Pokemon alike.

Again, she waves. She also tilts her head upward and flashes a huge smirk. She stares at the figure in the tree with knowing eyes until they leave or about a minute and a half passes. There's no malice or threats - intentional, at least. Just sort of a 'you behave, now.' Not that Priestess Satomi minded that they were here, not in the slightest. The festival was for everyone to enjoy! As long as they simply enjoyed it, of course.
 
Last edited:

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Location
Stranded In The Gaps between Multiverses
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
> Go for the distant balloons first!

After a bit of consideration, Evie decided that it was better if they went for the further balloons first. Since their tables were empty at the moment, it was unlikely for any wild Pokémon to target them. And once they do get berries, it'd be a lot easier to dissuade any wild Pokémon from snacking on their hard work since they'd only have to worry about the closer balloons.

With her mind set, she relayed the plan, briefly hesitating as she wondered whether her other plan was against the rule. There wasn't anything against the rider from using moves, right?

She asked the Stantler whether there was anything explicitly preventing them or her from using moves to speed up their gains. Better safe than sorry.
 
Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Location
Pokemon Paradise
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
> Go for the distant balloons first!
 

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Location
Somewhere, surely.
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
It isn't safe for me to be here, but I keep coming back. People come from all over for this festival, and every year... I hope it might be the year that he returns.
“The year who returns?” Theo inquired. “And what do you mean by isn’t safe? This festival seems perfectly safe, especially compared to what I’m used to.” Theo added with a chuckle. “I can see why you keep coming back here though, the atmosphere is great and the snacks are even better!” Theo exclaimed, taking another bite out of his candied apple.
 

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"With the ogre gone, the villagers came out of hiding, rushing to the aid of their loyal protectors," the onstage narrator continued. "But alas, they were too late. Our Loyal Three had paid the ultimate price to protect the village from the ogre's wrath." A small cluster of actors hurried onto the stage, all wearing plain wooden masks, human masks, in exaggerated expressions of woe. "The village entered a time of great mourning, and high up on a hill the villagers built Loyalty Plaza, a proper resting place for our fair guardians. Now they watch over Mossui Town from above, still granting us their blessings, even in death."

The human-masked performers hoisted the limp bodies of the Loyal Three onto their shoulders and solemnly bore them off the stage, to a polite scattering of applause.

@Dragonfree

"Don't be sorry," she tried, smiling, although he probably couldn't see it beneath her mask. "Your Sentret's really cute! Are you from here? It sounded like you already know the legend in the play!"

"Yes... I live here," the boy said. "I've heard the story lots of times before. Mostly it's not very good... except for the part where Ogerpon stands up to the Loyal Three." He twined his hair around his fingers absentmindedly, still not meeting Jean's gaze. "It must seem pretty boring, for somebody from far away. Are you... are you from Paldea, too? Like the other kids?"

Since it looked like they might have a few minutes, the sentret popped the apple core back out of his cheek and settled down to nibble it once again.

@System Error

Again, she waves. She also tilts her head upward and flashes a huge smirk. She stares at the figure in the tree with knowing eyes until they leave or about a minute and a half passes. There's no malice or threats - intentional, at least. Just sort of a 'you behave, now.' Not that Priestess Satomi minded that they were here, not in the slightest. The festival was for everyone to enjoy! As long as they simply enjoyed it, of course.

The poncho-wearing child didn't appear to see Satomi; whatever they were talking about with the other guest, it appeared to have put them deep in thought.

The figure in the tree, on the other hand, was unable to ignore Satomi's attention. Branches creaked and shuddered as the pokémon shifted in its perch, and dead leaves and a few twigs rained down; the tree clearly wasn't the best of accommodations for a pokémon of such a size. When Satomi continued to stand there, grinning, the pokémon finally poked its head down through the leaves, staring back. It was a bird pokémon, clearly, with striking black and white feathers and long, trailing purple feathers like exotic eyebrows. Well? it asked in a voice that seemed to lurk just at the edge of hearing.

@ShiniGojira @IFBench

> Go for the distant balloons first!

The stantler bounded down the mountain at Gen and Evie's urging, aiming for the distant ranks of balloons down by the riverside. It was a bumpy ride, the stantler's hooves coming down hard and sharp on the long downslope, but the pokémon clearly knew what it was doing, and there was no danger of either rider falling off. They were free to devote all their attention to grabbing for the berries that fountained up whenever the stantler's horns busted a balloon.

It didn't take long to collect most of the bounty down by the river. Carmine may have underestimated how much it helped to have two people on berry-gathering duty as opposed to one. If nothing else, Evie and Gen could gather twice the loot before needing to turn back towards their table.

The stantler didn't answer immediately when Evie asked about using moves. She was obviously working hard, her sides heaving as she careened around the course at top speed, leaping over obstacles and diving for scattered balloons. But as they headed back up the incline towards the table, she took a moment to respond. "Humans make the rules," she said, then had to pause, out of breath. "Humans can't use moves. So there's no rule against moves."

Evie's Vulpine Cunning! (+1500)
Gen's Otter Ingenuity! (+1000)
Total: 2500

Many more berries remain to collect, but wild pokémon are beginning to notice your table! What will you do next?

> Grab more berries!
> Chase off the wild pokémon!


@FauxFox

“The year who returns?” Theo inquired. “And what do you mean by isn’t safe? This festival seems perfectly safe, especially compared to what I’m used to.” Theo added with a chuckle. “I can see why you keep coming back here though, the atmosphere is great and the snacks are even better!” Theo exclaimed, taking another bite out of his candied apple.

"Someone I knew once, long ago," the child(?) said wistfully. "You don't need to worry. There's no reason for the townspeople to distrust you. It's different for those of us who've lived here a long time. Theo's comment about the food seemed to bring them back from some melancholy train of thought. They straightened up a bit, and there could almost be a smile in their voice when they said, "Yes. It's a wonderful festival. And the candied apples are such a wonderful treat. I don't have the means to buy them, though. It's been a long time since I've tasted one."
 
Partners
  1. suikaibuki
Quite the bold reply. She responds to the Pokemon equally boldly by slowly yet fearlessly approaching, arms folded behind her back. "Revered Fezandipiti, if I'm not mistaken," the elderly priestess neutrally greets in an equally low tone that is just barely audible, giving a respectful bow to the Pokemon. "It is an honor to make your acquaintance. I am Priestess Satomi Kurusu of the Kannagi Shrine." The name might be familiar to the Pokemon at least; whether or not he knows that or that it's in Celestic and has ties to the higher gods is at the GM's discretion.

"Don't mind me overmuch," she assures him with a gentle nod and wave of her hand, although her grin continues. There's no doubt from the look in her eyes, she knows the truth. "I am simply curious as to how you and your compatriots will choose to live now that you have your lives again~." She briefly glances back, and her expression turns more neutral. "Quite the festival they're holding, wouldn't you agree?"
 
Last edited:

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Location
In Guzma's Closet
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
As they exchanged handshakes, laughter from the crowd had Vienna looking back at the stage. As she watched the ogerpon actor bash the others with a club, she tucked her fist under her chin. Remnants of a knowing grin played on her face as her mind went to work dissecting the myth.

The Loyal Three exemplify Pride. Maybe Lust? No, Gluttony, she thought. They bless the village in exchange for offerings. More blessings, more offerings. Could categorize that as Lust, too. On the villagers’ behalf, perhaps. Ogerpon, however, is Pride and Envy rolled into one sad being. The result is Wrath upon the Loyal Three…

Before she knew it, she was jarred out of her haze by Marcel, leaving her blinking. Did he say chimecho? Her face lit up.

“I adore chimecho! They’re wonderful researchers, I have to say. They’re fantastic at hunting down just the ‘mon we’re looking to survey on our outings. Couldn’t do it with out them,” she said.

At his follow-up question, she averted her eyes in a coy fashion. “Huh, I was actually just thinking about it,” she said. Though, how to explain it without sounding like an absolute lunatic, that was a different story…

She clapped her hands together lightly. “I think it all boils down to vice. Every single entity in the myth is guilty of enacting a vice, some more than others. It’s an example of the idea that, of course, vice in excess means nobody really wins in the end.” A sheepish shrug to follow. “If that even makes any sense.”
 
Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Location
Pokemon Paradise
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
> Chase off the wild pokémon!

"Th-they're getting to our berries! W-we need to stop them!" Gen exclaimed. "We g-got a bunch of far berries, we c-can focus on near ones as we ch-chase them away."

"...o-or maybe we could convince them to l-leave the berries alone?"

> Chase off the wild pokémon! Convince the wild pokémon to stay back for now?
 

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
@System Error

"Don't mind me overmuch," she assures him with a gentle nod and wave of her hand, although her grin continues. There's no doubt from the look in her eyes, she knows the truth. "I am simply curious as to how you and your compatriots will choose to live now that you have your lives again~." She briefly glances back, and her expression turns more neutral. "Quite the festival they're holding, wouldn't you agree?"

Fezandipiti regarded Satomi for a long moment, then nodded. Well met, Priestess Satomi Kurusu, he said. If there was any recognition there, it seemed he preferred not to acknowledge it. It is quite a lovely festival, isn't it? Who could ask for a greater honor than to be remembered so fondly after one's demise? He settled back on his perch a bit, the branch creaking and groaning beneath him. I think before anything else we wish to ensure that we continue to enjoy a place among the living. A reasonable goal, I'm sure you'd agree? I'm afraid I can't recommend death. It's tremendously depressing.
 

Dragonfree

Moderator
Staff
Location
Iceland
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Yes... I live here," the boy said. "I've heard the story lots of times before. Mostly it's not very good... except for the part where Ogerpon stands up to the Loyal Three." He twined his hair around his fingers absentmindedly, still not meeting Jean's gaze. "It must seem pretty boring, for somebody from far away. Are you... are you from Paldea, too? Like the other kids?"

Since it looked like they might have a few minutes, the sentret popped the apple core back out of his cheek and settled down to nibble it once again.
"Paldea? I..." Jean had never heard of a place called Paldea... unless it was on a show? But that didn't make sense. Where was she, anyway? Would they have heard of her country? "No, I'm... from somewhere different," she said. She glanced back up at the stage, where they play was wrapping up, for another topic. "This festival is really cool! I liked the play. Weren't the Loyal Three the good guys, though?"
 

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Location
Somewhere, surely.
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
"Yes. It's a wonderful festival. And the candied apples are such a wonderful treat. I don't have the means to buy them, though. It's been a long time since I've tasted one."
"Well I'd imagine you wouldn't want what is left of mine, but I could go get you another one." Theo offered, pulling some money out of his pocket. "Because as far as I can tell, I've got enough to spare, at least for a while." He chuckled. Though I don't exactly know where it came from... He thought to himself. I know it isn't an illusion, because I don't have to think about it to keep it solid when I'm not holding it anymore, but I know I didn't have any when I woke up here. Though I guess it doesn't really matter, money is money, right? "If you want, you can tag along." Theo offered.
 
Top Bottom