• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon wuv in, well, Pokémon

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
Owing to the special date of yesterday, but also today because love should last all year long~

It's easy to write romance and stuff between humans, but other species also need that special feeling (not to mention a reason to breed, otherwise how do we get specimens with cool abilities). And given Pokémon is all about other species, well...

I already write two Nidoran stories here in the site and in general courtship, or at least "advertising" for romance / snu snu is something I've made patent in some of my works, not just for Nidoran but for a few other Pokémon too. But I wanted to see what other people are doing, how and why, and how do people target the endgame.

So I wanted to ask, basically, how do you deal with romance and courtship between Pokémon? What does a blob like a Solosis do to advertise themselves as a fitting mate? Do Murkrow steal shinies for seduction? What hijinks ensue if they happen to steal a round shiny pebble from a Prinplup? Are Cryogonal just left over there to suffer? How much does any of this change in your world as Pokémon go from less sapient, to feral, to civilized?

Also probably the more interesting part: how do you handle courtship between Pokémon of different species?

Top Bottom