• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Oneshot Idea Help

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
What would get them there? Would Volo be resistant to let him in?

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
What would get them there? Would Volo be resistant to let him in?
Not really. It's a history lesson so Volo can separate himself from the aspect of teaching someone about the Celestica, especially if they're open to learning

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Yeah, but would Volo still be resistant to speaking to an outsider about this?

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
Yeah, but would Volo still be resistant to speaking to an outsider about this?
Not really? Well, not to Adaman at least. He knows Adaman won't meet his lesson with derision of a people long since dead
To others, he would be a bit more on the hesitant side of revealing Celestica history as they'd probably butcher anything Celestica related (holidays, rituals, etc)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
I see. Will Cogita be involved at any point too?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Enamorus off practicing cooking with it in the woods haha

Wearing away at Volo's resistance to open up is going to be vital. Are you using Masters and how it depicts him as viewing every interaction as transactional, that people are only nice to anyone because they want something?

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
Enamorus off practicing cooking with it in the woods haha

Wearing away at Volo's resistance to open up is going to be vital. Are you using Masters and how it depicts him as viewing every interaction as transactional, that people are only nice to anyone because they want something?
Kind of I guess? He definitely doesn't want to be with Cogita while he heals but gives in at Adaman's insistence that he stay in the diamond settlement until he heals
He agrees to the frenzy quelling out of necessity: he puts together that Rei got the Plates of Arceus from the Nobles so it's an easy way to get the plates by himself (while also playing dumb about what the plates are)
I guess that one is pretty transactional. He wants the plates so he quells the frenzies to get them

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Yeah but I mean Volo sees everyone that way, that no one can just be giving or caring without wanting something

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
Yeah but I mean Volo sees everyone that way, that no one can just be giving or caring without wanting something
Adaman doesn't give off that vibe to Volo
Even tho Mai points out she's never seen Adaman open his home to anyone other than Rei, herself, Melli or the clan

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
oooh. And what's gotten Adaman so eager to share? I assume he doesn't start off with a crush, though on the other hand he has known Volo for a while (we can assume anyway, since Ginkgo delivered to the settlements)

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
oooh. And what's gotten Adaman so eager to share? I assume he doesn't start off with a crush, though on the other hand he has known Volo for a while (we can assume anyway, since Ginkgo delivered to the settlements)
He just knows Volo has no other place to stay where he can heal properly

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Ah good good. What sparks his affection?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Aww that's cute.

Building off my earlier comment, how long have they known each other even casually? Had they spoken personally before this?

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
Aww that's cute.

Building off my earlier comment, how long have they known each other even casually? Had they spoken personally before this?
Not much. Only when there were deliveries. Adaman only knew he was a merchant who liked history (enough that the children call him "funny history man") and is pretty knowledgeable about Hisuian myths

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
nice nice. I would imagine any discussions would be things like "this is what to bring next time" and "Ginter is getting a shipment of x" and stuff like that, so getting to know each other would be nice.

Apollo31

Writerofworlds
Pronouns
Any
nice nice. I would imagine any discussions would be things like "this is what to bring next time" and "Ginter is getting a shipment of x" and stuff like that, so getting to know each other would be nice.
And he gets to see Volo’s nerd side and how he is with pokemon, along with him obtaining budew, riolu, and growlithe
He already has togepi (obtained as an egg), gible (saved after its parents were killed in a rock slide), and spiritomb (still a keystone, obtained from a totally not dead spirit kid)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Awesome sounds like a plan!

Top Bottom