• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Exquisite Corpse Theme Poll 2024

What theme(s) would you like to write for this year's exquisite corpse?

• Pokémon Conquest

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Isekai

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Tournament

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Road Trip

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • After Becoming Champion

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Paradox Pokémon

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Dream World

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Pokémon Snap

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Grimdark

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Negrek

komorebi
Staff
It's July, and that means it's time for another round of Exquisite Corpse! If you've never played this game before, it's a collaborative storytelling exercise where a group of writers gets together to create a collaborative story--with the twist that each player only knows the last two sentences of the scene the person before them wrote! More details will be provided when the event begins, but for now, if you're curious, you can take a look at last year's version to get a sense of how things will work.

The first step in getting this year's game kicked off is deciding what we'll be writing about! This poll will decide which themes we'll use for the exquisite corpses this year. You can vote for as many options as you like, and the poll will remain open for five days. In the end I'll take the top 3-4 theme options to use this year. Any of the others could still appear in a future event! I think all the themes are pretty self-explanatory this year, but if there are any you'd like further clarification on, feel free to ask.

One suggestion that came up on the Discord was the potential of using "grimdark" as a modifier for other themes--think "grimdark Pokémon Snap" or similar. If that theme ends up winning, then depending on how many corpses we'll be running this year, we may do both one pure "grimdark" corpse and one that's "grimdark" plus one of the other themes, if people would find that fun!

Speaking of how many corpses we'll be running--that depends entirely on how many people are able to help out with them this year! Please DM me or post in this thread if you'd like to run a corpse! How this works is that I'll give you a list of authors, you'll contact them one at a time with their prompt, and you'll gather the scenes as they come in. Once everyone's written their scene for the corpse we'll have a final voice chat reading for our Discord members to enjoy the final product. You can choose what theme(s) you'd like to run a corpse for once the final set is decided! If the voice chat is the only no-go for you, then you're welcome to run a corpse; just let me know ahead of time that you don't want to VC, and I'll arrange for someone else to do that bit.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have about how exquisite corpses work or what running one is like!

Negrek

komorebi
Staff
Okay, the people have spoken! We'll be running with three themes this year, which means we'll be going with the following: Grimdark, Isekai, and Pokémon Snap! Look for sign-ups to open shortly.

Top Bottom