• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

• Join us for Thousand Roads' first fanzine! Space is open for both writers and artists to contribute work around the theme of "daily life in the Pokémon World." Visit the organization thread for more information--sign-ups close soon, so make sure to get yours in if you're interested!

Pokémon Even If You Forget Me

Former Champion of Sinnoh

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
Hello! This is an anthology about some of the other humans from PMD Gates to Infinity. I know I have a lot of stuff I need to do, but my main computer broke, so it's been difficult to work on those. I was struck by inspiration, though, and I figured I might as well at least write something. So I started this! I hope you all enjoy!

Former Champion of Sinnoh

Being a former champion, Cynthia had been through a lot in her life. Seeing her old friend try to destroy the world was among the worst experiences she’s had.

(She still wondered what she would say to him if she ever met him again, in that world of distortion.)

However, waking up as a Gible in a(nother) world entirely foreign to her, that certainly was among the strangest experiences she’s had.

Not to mention the quiet Riolu who was helping her get her bearings, who reminded her a lot of that friend from long ago, from before everything went wrong.

(She wished it hadn’t been that way. She wished things didn’t go so horribly wrong.)

Riolu was teaching her so many things, an entire new history, of a world that she had never heard of before. A world filled with Pokemon that had their own society.

She listened intently, and would have written down notes, if she still had the dexterity to do so.

Even so, the history of this other world was fascinating. Humans being summoned to save it, a grand tower that kept time stable, warping and shifting space called "mystery dungeons".

And Riolu enjoyed sparring with her, which was always a plus. Even if it was much different than a trainer battle, it was still nice to battle at all.

While she missed her Pokemon dearly, she wouldn't mind staying with Riolu for a while. Perhaps, if her new friend willed it, Riolu could even come home with her.

=====

Eight days later, a ball of light would rise into the sky, with only a select few Pokemon knowing its true meaning.

Cynthia the human would wake up in her bed back in Sinnoh, with no memory of being a Gible.

The only memories she had of the past several weeks was a fuzzy feeling of fascination and wonder, and a short phrase.

“Return to your life, human. I’m sorry.”

And apparently she had been missing for as long as the gap in her memory was. Even Volkner had joined in the search party, which. That was Volkner. He’d never do something like that unless it was dire.

What in the world had happened?

Her first idea was that she had somehow died, and a legendary had brought her back to life.

But nobody had seen her corpse, so that was out of the question.

(Though the thought that she possibly had battled her way back to life did amuse her.)

Her second idea was less an idea, and moreso “Are my Pokemon ok”.

Thankfully, one call with the rest of the Elite Four later confirmed that they were being taken care of, and were happy to hear that she was ok.

That left the mystery of where she had been these past several weeks.

(The word “odds” popped into her mind at the same time as the word “weeks”.)

All she had for clues was the phrase that had stuck in her mind, and that feeling of wonder.

Whoever had been speaking to her, it had referred to her as “human”. So that voice probably wasn’t human.

Could it have been a legendary, like she had thought earlier with the “brought back to life” theory?

But if so, what legendary?

What had she forgotten?

======

It was the Day of Heroes, and the Mist Continent was celebrating. As was tradition on the Mist Continent, Pokemon would make paper lanterns, and let them fly into the air, to honor the humans that were forgotten, sent back to the human world.

Riolu was making a lantern for the celebration. She was planning on leaving it blank, but as she was making it, a fuzzy memory appeared in her head.

A Gible by the special name Cynthia sparred with her. She was fierce and powerful, but friendly and kind. She loved stories of the past, and had spent hours listening to Riolu recount the tales of the Heroes of Sky and Heroes of Time.. And she was human.

Riolu paused, then she drew a Gible on the lantern, and in footprint runes, wrote the name “Cynthia” underneath.

And as the celebration began, Riolu let go of the lantern, and it began floating up towards the sky.

She didn’t know if this “Cynthia” was real. She probably wasn’t, why would a nobody like herself have met a real human?

But on the off case Cynthia was real, Riolu murmured something, as she watched her lantern drift away.

“...have a good life, Cynthia.”

Top Bottom