• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Zinnia's Multiverse Madness! (Roleplay, March 4-13)

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen yelped, and hurriedly waddled away from Wallace as he screamed. His tail quivered as he clutched onto his reunion cape, before he bumped into one of the humans. He looked up at him, glancing at the knife on his scabbard, and cautiously waved, saying, "Um, h-hi. Who are y-you?"

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
Gen yelped, and hurriedly waddled away from Wallace as he screamed. His tail quivered as he clutched onto his reunion cape, before he bumped into one of the humans. He looked up at him, glancing at the knife on his scabbard, and cautiously waved, saying, "Um, h-hi. Who are y-you?"

He crossed his arms. "I'm Red, and it would do you good to watch where you're going." Not that a little baby sea-mammal bumping into his leg was really any bother. He just wanted to let everyone know he was no doormat.

Upon hearing Winona's response, she quickly retracted her hand and cleared her throat. Her voice raised in pitch as genuine, unfiltered happiness came through in her previously shaky and poised voice, "I've won one of those once! My sister flipped out when she realized how much money I spent trying to get one, but it was so worth it!" She beamed underneath her mask; this was the first relatable conversation she had in months! "Maybe when we get the chance, you, me, and Wallace could try one of these! I warn you though - these places cheat when it comes to the balloon game, believe me."

Red's attention shifted to the masked woman. With so many people from so many different worlds, her having any connection to those 'yamask' things was an even further cry than it would have been in Red's own world, he was curious enough to take the shot.

He walked towards her. "Hey, you with the mask," he said. "Would you happen to know anything about a species of ghost pokémon known as yamask?"

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"T-thank you, I made it myself," she said, looking directly on with her mask, but averting her gaze underneath it. "You both look really nice, too." A bit more description than that, Robin! She made a wide, exaggerated open hand gesture towards Pixels as she continued, "I... especially like your tiara," she then smoothly motioned herself towards the Froslass, "And your... uh, shell, looks really quite stunning today. It suits the 'day' today." She finished her gesticulation by looking up to the sky, as if she were a preacher having just completed a sermon.
Pixels raised a brow. "Made it yourself? My, I say, you must have a lot of talent. I don't think I can even make something so gorgeous and top-notch." She smiled, nodding. "Well, this tiara is my most prized treasure. It's a lovely golden frame encrusted with the most beautiful crystals my dad could find. It's, unfortunately, been taking on a dull shine that I can't seem to get rid of."

She sighed before returning her attention to her ghostly friend as Fray giggled. "Aw, thank you for noticing! It takes a lot of ice and time to keep this shine! You're like the only person other than Litno that notices this!"
She froze in her stance as a fact dawned on her: Wait... they had names. They had names, and they were totally chill about it! She kept her pose, but she side-eyed the two Pokémon before her beneath the mask. Maybe these aren't the same type of Pokai? "...Pixels and Fray, right? Do those names have any special meaning to you?"
"Names? Well, my dad gave me this name so maybe it holds something for him? I don't know," Pixels said, shrugging. "I think it had something to do with his trainer back when well... when humans still ruled my world."

"I don't know much about my name." Fray tapped her chin in thought. "Hmm... nope, still don't remember much about things from a hundred years ago... or well even two hundred years ago. Oh, but I do know how to make ice statues! You want me to make one of you?"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Red's attention shifted to the masked woman. With so many people from so many different worlds, her having any connection to those 'yamask' things was an even further cry than it would have been in Red's own world, he was curious enough to take the shot.

He walked towards her. "Hey, you with the mask," he said. "Would you happen to know anything about a species of ghost pokémon known as yamask?"
Robin quickly turned as she rolled her shoulders back, expecting another Pokémon. She relaxed when she it was another person. They must've just been curiou- Is that a fucking knife.

She gulped as her eyes darted between the man's face and his very visible weapon. Okay, just act like you know what you're doing, and you'll be safe... right? "...I... would say I know stories about them..." She paused, trying to make up a satisfying answer, "...Of the Yama, of death and justice, and of rebirth. About how we all choose to hide behind a mask." She cleared her throat again, as she stared at the man. To be honest, he was quite handsome, but something about him just felt... off. Maybe I'm just on edge from all these Pokémon around. I'd carry a knife around too if I didn't get lucky with where I landed. She relaxed her shoulders as she reassured herself; this was just a rough and rugged man, nothing more.
Pixels raised a brow. "Made it yourself? My, I say, you must have a lot of talent. I don't think I can even make something so gorgeous and top-notch." She smiled, nodding. "Well, this tiara is my most prized treasure. It's a lovely golden frame encrusted with the most beautiful crystals my dad could find. It's, unfortunately, been taking on a dull shine that I can't seem to get rid of."

She sighed before returning her attention to her ghostly friend as Fray giggled. "Aw, thank you for noticing! It takes a lot of ice and time to keep this shine! You're like the only person other than Litno that notices this!"
She smiled, "You'd be surprised what kind of miracles you can make with the right materials." She rubbed her chin just below where the mask covered as she responded, "Dull shine? I heard there are certain minerals that can help polish those kinds of things. My sister would usually just paint a bit of sealant on them, though." She turned to Froslass, "And, ah, you're welcome. Litno is a friend of yours...?"
"Names? Well, my dad gave me this name so maybe it holds something for him? I don't know," Pixels said, shrugging. "I think it had something to do with his trainer back when well... when humans still ruled my world."

"I don't know much about my name." Fray tapped her chin in thought. "Hmm... nope, still don't remember much about things from a hundred years ago... or well even two hundred years ago. Oh, but I do know how to make ice statues! You want me to make one of you?"
...Well that's certainly different. "So humans... used to 'rule your world'? I-interesting." Images of Pokémon raising a banner and setting cities on fire came to mind. She shook her head; she absolutely did not want to think about that kind of possibility. "W-well, not every name has to mean something! Like, uh, my friend Todd! It's just a common name, you know?" She chuckled nervously. At the customs here seem different, thank God. "Ice statue...? I... if it pleases you," she bowed once more out of courtesy. The last thing she wanted to freeze to death from an offended Froslass.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
The portal tore open, and Odette bolted through it. She didn't stumble in her step as she hit the ground running, nor did she bother to check and see if the portal would close behind her. Her teeth were grit in a tightly held frown as she ran for what immediately looked like it would bring the most cover--the game booths that caught her eye--as she haphazardly re-holstered the gun in her hand back into the band she'd hidden under the waistband of her joggers.

W̴h̵y̴y̵y̸y̸y̵ ̶a̷r̷e̸ ̸y̶a̴ ̵r̵u̶n̵n̶i̷n̸'̶ ̵s̸o̶ ̴f̵a̴s̴t̴?̵ ̸Y̵o̸u̶'̵r̶e̴ ̸g̵o̸n̴n̵a̷ ̶g̸i̸v̶e̷ ̶y̴o̷u̷r̷s̶e̸l̴f̵ ̷a̷ ̵h̵e̷a̷d̷a̸a̷a̵a̵a̵c̸h̷e̸.̴

The voice in her head caused her to grunt as she skidded around a corner, but she didn't have enough time to provide an adequate answer. Maybe if she hid fast enough, that jackhole of a human being--or whatever he was--wouldn't catch her in time and would be on his very merry way. Though, she wouldn't be surprised if it were already too late and he was already here, in which case...she'd have to just play along as normal. A pain in the ass, but she'd make it work. She always did.

Her eyes locked on an open darts game, and without thinking twice, she vaulted over the front of it and fell to a squat behind the counter, out of view of whoever might have witnessed her sprinting. Her eyes slipped shut, and she allowed her head to hang as she caught her breath.

M̶m̷m̸m̶m̸m̸m̶,̷ ̷y̷o̸u̴ ̴d̷i̵d̵n̸'̶t̵ ̶b̵r̵i̸n̵g̵ ̴a̶n̷y̴ ̴p̶i̶l̷l̵s̷ ̴w̸i̶t̵h̷ ̸y̶o̴u̸ ̸d̷i̵d̷ ̷y̵o̴u̶?̸ ̷I̵ ̵b̸e̷t̶ ̷w̷e̴'̶r̶e̷ ̵g̶o̵n̸n̷a̵ ̶h̶a̵v̸e̶ ̸a̵ ̴b̷a̵a̴a̶a̵d̷ ̴t̵i̵m̶e̸ ̵t̸o̶d̸a̸y̵.̸ ̶

"Shut up," she said quietly, between her shallow breaths. "You know as well as I do that I condition myself to sprint if need be."

"I guess that comes in handy sometimes."

The voice caused a surge of fire to run up her spine, and her eyes snapped open. The immediate wrath she felt almost drove her to reach for her gun, but instead, she allowed her shoulders to deflate and a toothy smile to cross her lips as she looked over her shoulder.

Dorien, always dressed to impress in whatever designer brand clothing he'd chosen to wear today, leaned against the back wall of the booth, shining his nails on his Gucci print shirt.

When they made eye contact, he offered a wry smirk just before casting his eyes down to stare at his nails. He couldn't look at her for very long before his knees started to get weak.

Now would be a good time as ever to bash her head in. What the absolute fuck are you waiting for?

Dorien resisted every urge to frown at the Envy 'mon's voice in his head. Always jumping a damn gun, some of which he felt like he had no damn choice to follow.

Patience, he thought back. I'll figure it out in due time.

No you won't. Your feelings about Venira's host are too intense, and it's turning you into a complacent fucking pansy.

That time, he cringed. Odette took notice and tilted her head to the side.

"What's the matter, Dory?" she asked in the shrill bimbo voice she'd come to perfect and hate. "Was I running too fast for you?"

Dorien forced a smile and shook his head easily. "Never. I'll always catch up to you," he said sweetly. It still managed to sound like a threat.

Odette nodded once as she ground her teeth together.

Y̶o̷u̴ ̶s̵h̵o̷u̵l̸d̸ ̵d̴e̶f̷i̸n̸i̴t̴e̵l̵y̷ ̴s̴h̶o̵o̵t̶ ̵h̴i̷m̶ ̵n̷o̸w̸.̸ ̶R̴i̸g̸h̴t̷ ̴b̵e̶t̴w̷e̷e̴n̴ ̶t̴h̶e̴ ̷e̶y̵e̷s̸.̶ ̶

At some point. You calm your ass down, she thought back.

"Forever the romantic you are, hm?" she giggled out loud.

Today was going to be a long, long day.

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
"Hey there," Rodion greeted, raising his paw to give a small wave back. "We got invited here by that Bagon as well. Looks like we're all from different worlds and got brought to... whatever this place is, to have some kind of fun."

The Floatzel looked around the amusement park once more, before letting out a sigh and turning back with a shake of his head.

"Well, whatever that 'fun' entails, I could certainly use a break from my world right now. I'm Rodion," he said, and looked over at Lyle. "And this is..."

"So then everyone is from different places," answered Tiana with a nod.

Kalas followed Rodion's sight as the Floatzel examined their surroundings. He tilted his head. "Wait, you don't know what a theme park is? What kind of place are you from?"

Tiana leaned toward the Fearow and nudged him with a wing. "I knew it. Theme parks are weird."

After that the black bird remained in her place waiting for the Quilava to be introduced.

Jean looked up, grinning. "Hi! We're from a world where Pokémon don't talk!"

Dave facepalmed.

Kalas stared and blinked a few times, surprised. "B-but like, uh... Don't? H-how?"

The bird was not exactly sure what to make of the weird Ninetales-like Ninetales-being, nor of the idea that Pokémon couldn't talk. He turned to Dave with an inquisitive look and basically blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"So, you mean don't talk like how a baby don't talk? Or just like, not any noise at all?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Dorien chuckled as he held a hand down to Odette, which she reluctantly took. She pulled herself up to stand and wasted no time in vaulting back over the counter. More space between them was better than none at all.

"There's a door, Doll," Dorien called incredulously. She'd already started walking away, and he exhaled sharply as he watched her go.

Pansy.

"Shut the fuck up."

He hustled out the side entrance, and was at her side in no time. He offered his arm to her, which she took with a falsely cheerful grin.

B̶r̷e̴a̶k̵ ̷i̵t̸, Odile seethed.

I said calm down, Odette thought back. She quickly realized that their walk was quickly growing uncomfortably quiet, so she slowly turned her head to face him. It was just in time to catch him doing the exact same thing.

Odette smiled, being sure to crinkle her eyes for added realism. Dorien stifled a small laugh, feeling an intense mixture of pure, undiluted affection, and the carnal urge to wrap his fingers around her neck. It was giving him a stomach ache.

As they both looked forward again, Odette allowed her features to soften into a cold glare, while Dorien's jaw clenched. It was okay to not act when the other wasn't looking, right?

As they neared the area where it seemed the other "players" had convened, Dorien stopped short, somewhat startled at the sight of a very unbalanced human to Pokemon ratio.

"There's...Pokemon here too?" he asked.

"Yeah," Odette scoffed. "Welcome to a multiverse game. They talk in full sentences, too."

"They talk?" he gasped. He supposed that wasn't completely baffling to him, considering the one possessing him spoke like that as well. However, it was still a little jarring.

Odette couldn't help but grin at his shock. Good. She liked seeing him uncomfortable. "Wait until the game starts. You might see them fight too."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen's ears pricked up, his eyes widened, and he clutched tigher onto his reunion cape. "Wait, w-we might h-have to fight for the game? I w-wasn't told about th-that..." he said.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Gen's ears pricked up, his eyes widened, and he clutched tigher onto his reunion cape. "Wait, w-we might h-have to fight for the game? I w-wasn't told about th-that..." he said.
Dorien held his hand over his heart, moving his eyes back and forth between Odette and the Oshawott.

“Wow, you weren’t kidding,” he said. “It has a functioning voice box and everything.”

Odette slowly brought her hand up to rub the space between her eyebrows. She already looked tired. “Please, don’t act like this the rest of the time we’re here…”

“I’m just a little shellshocked is all. Don’t be such a killjoy, Doll.”

The look she gave him was a little scarier than she intended it to be, but he didn’t seem to notice. “I’ll try my best.”

She rolled her eyes and decided to take a second to really look at her surroundings. She hadn't had the chance to do so since she'd come bolting in. It really was an amusement park. Ferris wheel, roller coasters, food booths, guy in a red shirt who looked suspiciously familiar.

Even with her glasses on, she couldn't quite tell who he was, being that he had his back slightly turned. But the hair and build...looked a lot like the psycho who tried to snatch Odile in the last game. Or, maybe she was just being paranoid.

The last thing she needed today was not one, but two people on her ass.

"Ride got your eye?" Dorien asked, thus making Odette realize she was staring. She flinched, then looked back at him.

"No, just trying to figure out where we are exactly," she said quickly.

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Dave waved a hand. "Look, first sufficiently specific thing that came to mind. Would you have preferred the time you got obliterated by a moon cannon?"

"Moon cannon?" Jean asked, peeking over his shoulder and blinking at Vix. Her eyes widened, voice dropping to an excited whisper. "...Did you go on adventures together? Secret adventures? Is that why he won't tell me about it?"

"Jean, I told you, I just didn't remember any of this shit until we got the 'invitation'."

"I'm Jean!" Jean said, waving eagerly at Vix, still holding onto Dave's shoulder. "Were you heroes? Did you save the world?"

"Honestly, yeah. At least then I'd sound a lot cooler and less like a mentally defunct light fixture," Vix huffed, then was quickly distracted by this rather excitable fox... human... girl. "Yeah we were heroes! And we saved a world! We spent a year on a whole other planet and saved it from some crazy otherworldly power! We even managed to control that power ourselves!" Vix cheered, pumping her fist. It looked like she decided that trying to figure out what Jean was wasn't as important as bragging about their heroism.

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
"Hey there," Rodion greeted, raising his paw to give a small wave back. "We got invited here by that Bagon as well. Looks like we're all from different worlds and got brought to... whatever this place is, to have some kind of fun."

The Floatzel looked around the amusement park once more, before letting out a sigh and turning back with a shake of his head.

"Well, whatever that 'fun' entails, I could certainly use a break from my world right now. I'm Rodion," he said, and looked over at Lyle. "And this is..."

"So then everyone is from different places," answered Tiana with a nod.

Kalas followed Rodion's sight as the Floatzel examined their surroundings. He tilted his head. "Wait, you don't know what a theme park is? What kind of place are you from?"

Tiana leaned toward the Fearow and nudged him with a wing. "I knew it. Theme parks are weird."

After that the black bird remained in her place waiting for the Quilava to be introduced.

"Lyle. Lyle the Fleetfoot," the Quilava answered. "I... was kinda about to get some rest before I met the Bagon that all brought us here."

Lyle paused and curled his lip a moment, as some of the terminology that he'd been hearing struck him as odd.

"Though what is a 'theme park'? Aren't we in some sort of fair at the moment?" he asked. "I mean, it's probably the most empty fair that I've ever seen, but still."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
“Wow, you weren’t kidding,” he said. “It has a functioning voice box and everything.”
Gen flinched, gripping onto his reunion cape. "I-I'm not a-an 'it'..."

He hated being like this so much.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Gen flinched, gripping onto his reunion cape. "I-I'm not a-an 'it'..."

He hated being like this so much.
Dorien frowned. “Well you can’t correct me and not tell me the correction. Being polite is a two way street.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Um...my name is Gen. I'm a b-boy. I..."

He trailed off. He briefly considered saying that he was human, though decided against it.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa stepped through the portal, the world rushing into focus around him, until he could make out the familiar sight of an amusement park. Unable to help himself, he smiled a little. He'd been to one, once, when Blake took him to one in Unova. Something else had resurfaced as well. Old memories. Right, this wasn't his first multiverse trip...

He scanned the assembled pokemon. This group, seemed to have a fair deal of humans and pokemon alike. Well, might as well make the best of this strange excursion.

"Hey everyone," he said, giving a wave.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Hey everyone," he said, giving a wave.

Kora let out a yawn, having zoned out until about now, then waved to the new guy. "Howdy, good, uh... I wanna say morning? I dunno how time works here. Oh, and I call dibs on the ferris wheel."

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
Red cocked his head at the masked woman's response. It didn't sound like whatever she said had anything to do with the yamask of his world, and she did not seem like the sort that would agree to give out information on how to kill one.

He turned back to the group, freezing as he saw a woman he recognized well. So, she did come. A smile quickly rose to his face, though it faded a bit as he noticed she had company. It'd be harder to attack her like that... but he'd find a way.

He pocketed his hands and approached her. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Odette. Who's your boyfriend?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Kora let out a yawn, having zoned out until about now, then waved to the new guy. "Howdy, good, uh... I wanna say morning? I dunno how time works here. Oh, and I call dibs on the ferris wheel."
"Good... morning," he said slowly, peering at the Zoroark. His voice sounded familiar. Too familiar. Had he met him before? But there was only two Zoroark he knew, which meant-

He frowned, supressing his annoyance. "Kora?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Kalas stared and blinked a few times, surprised. "B-but like, uh... Don't? H-how?"

The bird was not exactly sure what to make of the weird Ninetales-like Ninetales-being, nor of the idea that Pokémon couldn't talk. He turned to Dave with an inquisitive look and basically blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"So, you mean don't talk like how a baby don't talk? Or just like, not any noise at all?"
Dave sighed. "Don't talk like a baby doesn't talk. No complex communication. Don't mind her, she just hasn't been to, uh, other universes before."

"It's so cool that you can, though!" she said brightly. "I've always wanted a talking Pokémon!"

Good fucking God. "Jean. They're people, not pets."

"Honestly, yeah. At least then I'd sound a lot cooler and less like a mentally defunct light fixture," Vix huffed, then was quickly distracted by this rather excitable fox... human... girl. "Yeah we were heroes! And we saved a world! We spent a year on a whole other planet and saved it from some crazy otherworldly power! We even managed to control that power ourselves!" Vix cheered, pumping her fist. It looked like she decided that trying to figure out what Jean was wasn't as important as bragging about their heroism.
Jean's eyes sparkled. She looked back at Dave with just the widest grin on her face and some part of him couldn't help enjoying that, despite everything that was deeply fucking alarming about validating her superhero fantasies.

"You had superpowers? What kind of powers? Could you fly? Or breathe fire?"

"Well, in my case, mostly, uh... shields? And poisoning people and the like." His hadn't been a very cohesive set of powers, had it.

"Like a Toxapex!" Jean suggested.

"...I guess?"

"What about you? What powers did you have?" Jean looked back at Vix. "I bet a Chandelure'd use fire, right? I can too!" She caught herself and winced. "Well, sort of."

Top Bottom