• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Xavian's Private Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
In the whole room, only one thing stood out. A smudge of gray on the corner of a table, a very tiny smudge. As if someone had brushed against it and not realized.
Neo sniffed at the corner of the table and called Enora and Novo over with a chirp. The three of them studied the smudge for a moment, then Novo flattened his ears with a growl and a lash of his tail.

“It must be the ghost. I am certain.”

Wes, meanwhile, stepped into Orzo’s room with Odette and glanced around. Well…there really wasn’t much to see here at all. He spotted the painting over Odette’s shoulder and quietly mumbled a curse under his breath.

“Well, that’s totally not creepy as hell. Not one bit.”

Since Odette was busy with painting, Wes felt around the small cot, inspecting it for any suspicious tears or bumps, then ran his hands along the walls to see if he could find any sign of a hidden door.

Foresight @Flyg0n

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nothing of note here, either. Nate frowned, took a couple pictures of the bookshelf, and returned to the hall.

There really wasn't a hell of a lot here, was there? Which was a blessing, Nate supposed; not like they had unlimited time to case the place. The thing Clink's key unlocked had to be around here somewhere, didn't it? Or, well, that was what he'd assumed, anyway. Realistically it could be anywhere on the entire damn island. He really wished Mightyena had asked for more info.

Right now the dark-type was looking off down the hallway towards where the eeveelutions were inspecting a table. Nate gave her a gentle nudge, and she looked up at him, instantly alert. "Give it an odor sleuth," he said. "See if anything weird's been coming and going around here. But especially... see if you can smell out one hoopa, or two."

Probably should have tried that... before everybody went tromping everywhere, but whatever. Nate glanced around while Mightyena got to work. Hopefully the others were having more luck than he was.

[[ Odor Sleuth @Flyg0n ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Unfortunately, nothing seemed to be inside the box, just a chair. However... Perhaps the box could be moved? Shoving it to the side revealed....

Just the floor. Or-? Very faint, a thin line forming a square. A trap door of sorts? Something was hidden underneath. There didn't seem to be an obvious latch or method of opening however. But surely there was a way, somehow.... If this truly was related to a Hoopa, perhaps with psychic power?
Odile Bat.PNG
Hm. Why the fuck would anybody have a chair in a box like this? Fucking weird. Though, there was an all too obvious trap door right where the square of "no dust" was. She didn't have any means to get it open, but there was an Espeon here that could probably levitate it open.

But, before she went to harass him to do it, she had something else to do. She positioned herself on the other side of the box and pushed it back over the trap door, in order to see if anything else was being blocked.

Meanwhile, on Odette's end, there didn't seem to be anything off about the rear of the painting. It was undoubtedly disturbing, but the back appeared otherwise plain.
Odette Thinking.PNG
Frowning, she set the painting back down. Really bizarre, really scary looking, but nothing of discerning evidence. She decided to mimic Wes and began to pad along the floorboards to see if anything felt out of place.

[[ @Flyg0n ]]

Attachments

• Odile Thinking.PNG
    Odile Thinking.PNG
    85.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Since Odette was busy with painting, Wes felt around the small cot, inspecting it for any suspicious tears or bumps, then ran his hands along the walls to see if he could find any sign of a hidden door.

Foresight @Flyg0n
There didn't appear to be anything suspicious on the cot. The wall however... high enough up on the wall there was a small patch where the it felt just a bit thinner. Perhaps a hatch? Maybe there was a way to move it... Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be any buttons or latches. But if this was the work of a Hoopa, then maybe psychic or ghost powers could be useful?

Probably should have tried that... before everybody went tromping everywhere, but whatever. Nate glanced around while Mightyena got to work. Hopefully the others were having more luck than he was.

[[ Odor Sleuth @Flyg0n ]]
For all Mightyena's searching, there seemed to be only three distinct scents in all of the rooms - Xavian's lightly cologned scent, Clink's more metallic one, and a third one, harder to place, but with definite traces of sweet and chemical. The same one from Franklin's room. Orzo scent, especially strong around his room.

Frowning, she set the painting back down. Really bizarre, really scary looking, but nothing of discerning evidence. She decided to mimic Wes and began to pad along the floorboards to see if anything felt out of place.

[[ @Flyg0n ]]
Careful inspection of the floor revealed nothing that stood out, save for the barest flakes of pink between the floorboards, miniscule.

Hm. Why the fuck would anybody have a chair in a box like this? Fucking weird. Though, there was an all too obvious trap door right where the square of "no dust" was. She didn't have any means to get it open, but there was an Espeon here that could probably levitate it open.

But, before she went to harass him to do it, she had something else to do. She positioned herself on the other side of the box and pushed it back over the trap door, in order to see if anything else was being blocked.
Moving the box back to its place revealed nothing out of the ordinary, save for the trap door.

Last edited:

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
There didn't appear to be anything suspicious on the cot. The wall however... high enough up on the wall there was a small patch where the it felt just a bit thinner. Perhaps a hatch? Maybe there was a way to move it...

Wes paused with a frown. He leaned in and pressed his ear to the thinner section and gave it a knock. It seemed…there was a door here, or something like it.

“Hey,” he muttered to Odette. He wasn’t sure why he was keeping his voice down; it wasn’t like any of the suite’s occupants were here to hear them. “I think I found something. A door, maybe.”

He began inspecting the the wall more closely, searching for seams or a handle somewhere, and pushed at it from different angles to see if he could slide it open, yet…no dice. How was he supposed to open it if there was no handle or—? Oh, wait.

“Neo!” Wes stepped out into the hallway and called for the Espeon. “I need you over here.”

Neo perked up and chirped in response, acknowledging Novo and Enora with a flick of his ears as he brushed past them and darted into the room where Wes was waiting.

“There’s something here, I think it might be a door, but I need your help opening it.”

Neo swelled with pride. Of course he, Neo, could open this door! He was awesome. He could do anything.

Wes led him to the wall and showed him where the panel was. With a smug flick of his tail, Neo’s jewel glowed and wrapped the panel in a blue light, then…slid it open.

Wes grinned and rubbed the Espeon’s ears. “Thanks, bud.” He glanced back at the opening. “Let’s see what’s inside.”

@Flyg0n

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
“There’s something here, I think it might be a door, but I need your help opening it.”

Neo swelled with pride. Of course he, Neo, could open this door! He was awesome. He could do anything.

Wes led him to the wall and showed him where the panel was. With a smug flick of his tail, Neo’s jewel glowed and wrapped the panel in a blue light, then…slid it open.

Wes grinned and rubbed the Espeon’s ears. “Thanks, bud.” He glanced back at the opening. “Let’s see what’s inside.”

Inside was a small cubby, perhaps just big enough to a fit a small pokemon with a little bit of wiggle room, but too small for any human. And inside sat a single object. A small metal chest with a keyhole. It wasn't a very large chest, perhaps the size of a breadbox. Plain, no decorations, and by all rights seemed unassuming. But what was it doing inside a hidden wall?

Aside from the chest, there was nothing else to be found in the cubby.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Hey,” he muttered to Odette. He wasn’t sure why he was keeping his voice down; it wasn’t like any of the suite’s occupants were here to hear them. “I think I found something. A door, maybe.”
Odette Sus.PNG
Wes's voice reached her as she had been glaring at the chips of pink paint in the floor. She pushed herself up and tiptoed over to Wes to see what he was pushing on.

"Of course, the weird storage space in the suspect's room. I'm shocked," she said. Though how the fuck were they supposed to get it open?

Wes was way ahead of her on that, though. They did have a psychic in the room, after all. Neo pranced in pretty much as soon as he was called, and had the little door open in no time.

Inside was a small cubby, perhaps just big enough to a fit a small pokemon with a little bit of wiggle room, but too small for any human. And inside sat a single object. A small metal chest with a keyhole. It wasn't a very large chest, perhaps the size of a breadbox. Plain, no decorations, and by all rights seemed unassuming. But what was it doing inside a hidden wall?
Odette's brow furrowed as Wes pulled the chest out of the space, scratching at her cheek as she eyed the thing closely. She exchanged a puzzled look with him, before nodding out toward the hallway.

"Mitch's key, maybe?"

Moving the box back to its place revealed nothing out of the ordinary, save for the trap door.
Odile Bat.PNG
Odile huffed to herself, then glided back out to the living room. She didn't see Neo, so she followed his scent all the way to the room. He was with Wes and Odette for some reason. Had they found something else?

Judging by the open trap door and weird chest, the answer was yes.

"̵H̸e̷y̵ ̵t̴h̴e̶r̸e̸ ̸b̴u̶d̸d̸y̷,̸"̷ she called to Neo as she perched herself atop the door. ̶"̴W̴h̴e̴n̷ ̴y̷o̴u̸'̵r̴e̵ ̶d̶o̷n̴e̷ ̸w̵i̸t̸h̸ ̴t̶h̷a̷t̵,̴ ̵I̴ ̶h̴a̶v̸e̶ ̸a̶n̸o̷t̸h̷e̷r̵ ̸d̴o̵o̵r̵ ̸I̶ ̴n̴e̵e̴d̵ ̶y̷o̵u̷ ̸t̷o̷ ̶t̵a̵k̸e̵ ̵c̶a̵r̵e̴ ̷o̶f̸.̷ ̴B̵u̷t̵ ̵t̵h̸e̵r̴e̶'̵s̶ ̷a̵ ̴s̷h̸i̵t̸ ̸t̷o̷n̴ ̵o̷f̴ ̷d̸u̵s̵t̵ ̷s̴o̸ ̶y̵o̷u̸ ̶m̴i̴g̴h̵t̶ ̴n̵e̷e̸d̵ ̶t̵o̸ ̴d̷o̸ ̶i̵t̶ ̶f̸r̴o̸m̷ ̶t̴h̷e̶ ̴d̴o̷o̴r̸w̸a̷y̵.̵"̵

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Novo sniffed around the living room one last time before padding after his brother, inviting Enora along with a gentle chirp. On the way to the room, however, he brushed past Mightyena and the Short Angry Man. He raised his tail by way of greeting to them both, then tilted his head to the side upon seeing…a tiny metal something in Angry Man’s hand. A key?

He looked at the man inquisitively, then at Mightyena and Enora, then back to the man, and questioned him with a trill. “Brr?”

The man blinked at him, then shrugged and muttered something under his breath, and suddenly he was holding the key out to Novo. Novo blinked, then carefully took it between his teeth and trotted into the room at the end of the hall, where he announced his presence with another trill and dropped the key on the floor, puffing out his chest proudly as if presenting Wes and Odette with freshly caught prey. He had no idea what this thing was for, but it was definitely important. And Angry Man had trusted him with it!

"̵H̸e̷y̵ ̵t̴h̴e̶r̸e̸ ̸b̴u̶d̸d̸y̷,̸"̷ she called to Neo as she perched herself atop the door. ̶"̴W̴h̴e̴n̷ ̴y̷o̴u̸'̵r̴e̵ ̶d̶o̷n̴e̷ ̸w̵i̸t̸h̸ ̴t̶h̷a̷t̵,̴ ̵I̴ ̶h̴a̶v̸e̶ ̸a̶n̸o̷t̸h̷e̷r̵ ̸d̴o̵o̵r̵ ̸I̶ ̴n̴e̵e̴d̵ ̶y̷o̵u̷ ̸t̷o̷ ̶t̵a̵k̸e̵ ̵c̶a̵r̵e̴ ̷o̶f̸.̷ ̴B̵u̷t̵ ̵t̵h̸e̵r̴e̶'̵s̶ ̷a̵ ̴s̷h̸i̵t̸ ̸t̷o̷n̴ ̵o̷f̴ ̷d̸u̵s̵t̵ ̷s̴o̸ ̶y̵o̷u̸ ̶m̴i̴g̴h̵t̶ ̴n̵e̷e̸d̵ ̶t̵o̸ ̴d̷o̸ ̶i̵t̶ ̶f̸r̴o̸m̷ ̶t̴h̷e̶ ̴d̴o̷o̴r̸w̸a̷y̵.̵"̵
Neo jumped at the strange, eerie voice, then turned to face the Spooky Tumbleweed. He still didn’t quite know how to feel about her, and the emotions coming off her were often scary, but she’d never shown any indication of hurting Wes. And she had been the one to show them the way here, too.

He rubbed against Wes’ knee and received a scratch under his chin in return. “Go ahead, but be careful,” Wes said.

Neo trotted over to Spooky Tumbleweed and let her show him to another room…a very, very dusty room. He poked his head in, careful not to step inside, and immediately had to hold back a sneeze.

Odile pointed him to a hatch on the closet floor and asked him to open it. Neo swelled with pride once more. He was doing things! He was smart and strong and useful! They’d have all been stuck without him! Hahaha!

With a purr, he focused on the door, psychic energy encapsulating it in a blue glow, and, with a light tug, pulled it open.

@Flyg0n

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Odile pointed him to a hatch on the closet floor and asked him to open it. Neo swelled with pride once more. He was doing things! He was smart and strong and useful! They’d have all been stuck without him! Hahaha!

With a purr, he focused on the door, psychic energy encapsulating it in a blue glow, and, with a light tug, pulled it open.
The hatch opened to reveal a small cubby, only perhaps the size of a Bulbasaur. Inside say three nearly empty jars, filled with some kind of liquid. One gray, one dark pinkish, and one yellow. Three brushes stained the same colors lay inside as well, and the smell of dye from before was stronger here, even to the average nose.

Aside from the dye jars and the brushes, there was nothing else inside, and no other compartments or secrets.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
The man blinked at him, then shrugged and muttered something under his breath, and suddenly he was holding the key out to Novo. Novo blinked, then carefully took it between his teeth and trotted into the room at the end of the hall, where he announced his presence with another trill and dropped the key on the floor, puffing out his chest proudly as if presenting Wes and Odette with freshly caught prey. He had no idea what this thing was for, but it was definitely important. And Angry Man had trusted him with it!
Odette Sus.PNG
As Odile left with Neo, Novo arrived with none other than Mitch's small key. She offered a subtle grin at the Umbreon, before kneeling down to pick it up. "Good shit," she complimented. She did want to pat him on the head, but decided against it for consent's sake. Instead, she nodded in thanks, before turning to wedge the key into the chest's keyhole.

@Flyg0n

The hatch opened to reveal a small cubby, only perhaps the size of a Bulbasaur. Inside say three nearly empty jars, filled with some kind of liquid. One gray, one dark pinkish, and one yellow. Three brushes stained the same colors lay inside as well, and the smell of dye from before was stronger here, even to the average nose.
Odile Bat.PNG
Odile hovered into the room in order to get a better look at what exactly was in the hatch. Painting supplies? Absolutely fucking--

Oh, wait. No. Dyes. They were the dyes.

"̸W̵e̷l̷l̸,̷ ̸a̷i̶n̴'̵t̴ ̷t̸h̸a̴t̴ ̴f̷u̷c̸k̷i̶n̴g̸ ̸s̸o̶m̷e̴t̵h̷i̵n̵g̷,̷"̴ Odile snickered. "̸M̷y̵ ̶m̸a̴n̷ ̴r̴e̶a̸l̶l̸y̴ ̸t̶h̵i̶n̴k̶s̷ ̴h̸e̷'̷s̵ ̷s̸l̵i̷c̴k̴.̸"̵

She turned toward Neo.

"̷T̷h̷a̴n̶k̶s̷ ̸f̶o̴r̵ ̵t̷h̷e̵ ̴h̸e̸l̷p̵,̴ ̵d̵u̵d̸e̵.̵ ̶W̶e̷ ̶s̸h̴o̶u̴l̴d̴ ̸g̵o̶ ̵t̵e̴l̸l̸ ̷t̴h̷e̸ ̵h̵u̶m̴a̵n̷s̵ ̶t̶h̴a̷t̸ ̵O̵r̸z̸o̵ ̶d̴e̸f̴i̴n̴i̵t̵e̸l̸y̷ ̶h̷a̷s̴ ̴p̵a̷i̶n̴t̷ ̵o̵n̸ ̵h̶a̵n̷d̸.̶"̸

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The chest clicked open to reveal a single object. Something that looked almost like a vase or a bottle of some kind. The top was long and narrow and almost looked like a Hoopa face, whilst the bottom was circular and a gray color with gold rings.

Screenshot_20220730-171005_Chrome.jpg

The eyes of the bottle give anyone who gazes upon it a strange feeling, like being watched...

If touched, the bottle seems to tingle with energy, almost moving on its own, or perhaps it just the imagination....

For some reason it almost seems like the bottle already has something in it...?

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
The eyes of the bottle give anyone who gazes upon it a strange feeling, like being watched...

If touched, the bottle seems to tingle with energy, almost moving on its own, or perhaps it just the imagination....

For some reason it almost seems like the bottle already has something in it...?
Odette blinked rapidly at the sight of the bottle. “Holy shit,” she gasped. “Didn’t somebody mention that Hoopa can transform with the help of a bottle? Or am I vaguely remembering something from my mom’s textbooks…”

She narrowed her eyes as she stared at the artifact, puckering her lips in thought as to what to do. There was obviously something inside of it, but for some relatively obvious reasons, opening probably wouldn’t be the best idea.

Returning her gaze to Wes, she frowned. “What do you think? Should we even try to fuck with it?”

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes had no clue what he was looking at. Some sort of…fancy bottle?

That’s it? He frowned and lightly touched it. It was a bit anti-climactic, if he was being honest—

Just as his fingers brushed the bottle, a chill went down his spine. He heard Odette gasp and murmur something about “transformation.” Wes knew nothing about Hoopa, but this bottle was clearly more than just a decorative object.

In the corner of his eye, he saw Neo slip back into the room.

Returning her gaze to Wes, she frowned. “What do you think? Should we even try to fuck with it?”

He paused. Should they? He had no idea what to expect or what could happen. But then…when would they another the opportunity to open it?

Squaring his shoulders, he looked Odette in the eyes and nodded. “Yeah. Might as well.”

He turned back to it and picked it up, hating the eerie sensation prickling at his skin. It was as if he was being watched, as if something were waiting to pounce…

He clenched his jaw and, with a tug, popped the bottle open.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The bottle opened with some difficulty, as if it hadn't been touched, much less opened in many years...

It finally gave way and a strange, ghostly sort of energy coalesced from the bottle, pooling on the floor and shifting... Changing into a shape of some kind...

The shape and the colors began to take on more definition, and formed a body. Gray, pink. Gold. A horned head. A familiar shape to everyone there.

It was another Hoopa.

For a moment, it didn't seem to be breathing. But then a slight rise and fall of its chest could be detected.

The Hoopa appeared to be weak, barely breathing, malnourished and pale looking, but was undeniably a Hoopa.

Unlike Orzo, this one seemed to carry no rings, and looked unconscious...

"H.... e..... l.... p...."

A voice, like the tiniest of whispers, in their heads. Then, with great effort, it turned its head, eyes dull, as it took in its surroundings.

At the sight of the bottle in Wes's hands panic flashed through its eyes and it made a feeble attempt to get away from the bottle, dragging itself across the floor.

"No! Don't wanna go back!" its eyes darted around frantically, as if expecting to see something else, or perhaps someone else...

Apparently it didn't find it, and seemed to relax, slightly, though it's body still shook
"Golden King... Gone?" it asked, voice trembling with fear. "Hoopa Free?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
H.... e..... l.... p...."

A voice, like the tiniest of whispers, in their heads. Then, with great effort, it turned its head, eyes dull, as it took in its surroundings.

At the sight of the bottle in Wes's hands panic flashed through its eyes and it made a feeble attempt to get away from the bottle, dragging itself across the floor.

"No! Don't wanna go back!" its eyes darted around frantically, as if expecting to see something else, or perhaps someone else...

Apparently it didn't find it, and seemed to relax, slightly, though it's body still shook
"Golden King... Gone?" it asked, voice trembling with fear. "Hoopa Free?"
Odette gasped in alarm, dead set on reaching for her Lancet to summon Odile’s full form. However, all panic quickly subsided when she saw that the Hoopa before her looked…really sick.

Having been used to shit talking in her head, she wasn’t fazed by the weak words that echoed through her head. However, as the sick ‘mon yelled out, she jumped into action.

“Hey! Hey!” she said in a whisper, falling down to her hands and knees to crawl after Hoopa. “Nobody’s putting you back, we’re just—“

She blanched at the mention of the Golden King, shooting a look back at Wes quickly before returning to the new Hoopa before them.

“You…are you…Orzo?” she asked.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes hastily set the bottle down and raised his hands in a placatory gesture. “Woah, easy, I’m not—we’re not…holy hell.” He ran a hand through his hair. Two of them? Two Hoopa?
Oh. Oh. That would explain…a lot. Maybe. Wes wasn’t sure. His brain was cycling through different explanations and emotions at a million miles an hour. Finally, he found his words again.

“Who did this to you?”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Odette gasped in alarm, dead set on reaching for her Lancet to summon Odile’s full form. However, all panic quickly subsided when she saw that the Hoopa before her looked…really sick.

Having been used to shit talking in her head, she wasn’t fazed by the weak words that echoed through her head. However, as the sick ‘mon yelled out, she jumped into action.

“Hey! Hey!” she said in a whisper, falling down to her hands and knees to crawl after Hoopa. “Nobody’s putting you back, we’re just—“

She blanched at the mention of the Golden King, shooting a look back at Wes quickly before returning to the new Hoopa before them.

At the mention of the name, it drew back in fear and quickly shook its head. "No. Not... not me. A lie." It squeezed its eyes shut. "Name... name is not mine, my visage was stolen. Not my name." It shook its head again.

"My name... my name just Hoopa."

Wes hastily set the bottle down and raised his hands in a placatory gesture. “Woah, easy, I’m not—we’re not…holy hell.” He ran a hand through his hair. Two of them? Two Hoopa?

Oh. Oh. That would explain…a lot. Maybe. Wes wasn’t sure. His brain was cycling through different explanations and emotions at a million miles an hour. Finally, he found his words again.

“Who did this to you?”
"The Golden King," it stammered weakly. It's next words it spoke with great fear. "Orozoquiselin."

He searched the gazes of the assembled trainers, as if still expecting some kind of hostility or deception, though he saw none...

"Am the true Hoopa. Was ambushed, attacked. Locked away, many many years ago. In that horrible bottle... so long..." It wrung its hands together. "I remember... I saw him. A golden Hoopa, calling himself Orzo. And he had that bottle..."

Its voice cracked. "He... gone? Orzo gone?"

"Hoopa safe?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
At the mention of the name, it drew back in fear and quickly shook its head. "No. Not... not me. A lie." It squeezed its eyes shut. "Name... name is not mine, my visage was stolen. Not my name." It shook its head again.

"My name... my name just Hoopa."
Odette Startled.PNG
Needless to say, Odette was dumbfounded.

"I don't understand," she said. "But Xavian...and Clink...they're calling the other Hoopa Orzo..."

"The Golden King," it stammered weakly. It's next words it spoke with great fear. "Orozoquiselin."

He searched the gazes of the assembled trainers, as if still expecting some kind of hostility or deception, though he saw none...

"Am the true Hoopa. Was ambushed, attacked. Locked away, many many years ago. In that horrible bottle... so long..." It wrung its hands together. "I remember... I saw him. A golden Hoopa, calling himself Orzo. And he had that bottle..."
As Hoopa explained themselves a little more, her brain continued to work. The Golden King's name was Orozoquiselin. Orzo, so to speak. So did that mean that this entire time, Xavian and Clink were dealing with...?

Ambushed. Locked away. Many years ago. Visage stolen.

She shook her head once. "So, wait," she said slowly. "You're the real Hoopa. The Golden King attacked you, locked you away, and has been mimicking you this entire time?"

Scoffing to herself, she averted her gaze away, finding that she could think a little clearer when she wasn't staring at the defenseless 'mon. Because the longer she looked at them, the more angry she felt herself getting on it's behalf.

"Do you even know who Xavian and Clink are?"

"Hoopa safe?"
At that follow-up question, she found herself tongue tied. Hoopa was clearly terrified, and she wasn't too keen on the idea of scaring it even more by telling it that Orzo was down the island path in Dragon's Maw having a feast. Their team was trying to stay quiet, and they didn't need this 'mon freaking out and possibly getting them caught.

"Orzo's...not here right now," she spoke cautiously. She then reached her hand out and set it on Hoopa's head--a gesture that would hopefully prove that they were allies here.

"But yes, you're definitely safe. I promise."

She wasn't sure how true that was now, but all things considered, she certainly wouldn't be putting Hoopa back in the bottle.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
“You…what? Hold on.” Wes rubbed his forehead. This…didn’t make sense. If this mon was the real Hoopa, then why weren’t things lining up? Unless…?
"Do you even know who Xavian and Clink are?"
Odette voiced his exact thoughts. If Xavian and Clink have been fooled this entire time…gods. Either Orzo was insanely good at deception, or the former two were just idiots. Or maybe a bit of both. Or…maybe Orzo has been messing with their minds all this time…

"Orzo's...not here right now," she spoke cautiously. She then reached her hand out and set it on Hoopa's head--a gesture that would hopefully prove that they were allies here.

"But yes, you're definitely safe. I promise."
Wes shot Odette a frown, but chose not to say anything. This Pokémon was definitely not safe—nor were they, or anyone else on this damn island until Orzo was gone. For good. He wasn’t about to contradict Odette’s statement—gods knew Hoopa didn’t need more stress at the moment—but he wasn’t a fan of sugar-coating the situation, either.

Instead, he turned back to the little ghost with a sigh. “I’ve got a lot of questions, but first I think we need to get you—all of us—out of here. We’ve been here longer than I’m comfortable with, as is.”

But first, he quickly slid his trainer’s bag off his shoulder and rummaged through it before procuring a potion. He gingerly held it out for Hoopa to see.

“This…probably won’t be enough to cure you, but it should at least help you feel better.” After Hoopa nodded, Wes spritzed them all over with the potion, then stowed it away. “It will do for now, but we probably should…take you to the infirmary…?” He glanced questioningly at Odette as he trailed off. What was their next move? This Pokémon definitely needed medical attention, but would the infirmary be safe enough?

Neo and Novo cautiously stepped up to Wes’ side, sniffing curiously at the ghost. Neo then greeted them with a friendly blink and a chirp, and Novo purred and swished his tail.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Wes shot Odette a frown, but chose not to say anything. This Pokémon was definitely not safe—nor were they, or anyone else on this damn island until Orzo was gone. For good. He wasn’t about to contradict Odette’s statement—gods knew Hoopa didn’t need more stress at the moment—but he wasn’t a fan of sugar-coating the situation, either.
Odette Deadpan.PNG
Odette returned Wes's frown with her own. Yeah, yeah, sugarcoating the situation definitely wouldn't normally be her route, but considering they were trying to play stealth, having a freaked out Pokemon was hardly ideal. Best to vague through it then give the lo down when they were far away from the room and all of a less...frazzled state of mind.

Instead, he turned back to the little ghost with a sigh. “I’ve got a lot of questions, but first I think we need to get you—all of us—out of here. We’ve been here longer than I’m comfortable with, as is.”

But first, he quickly slid his trainer’s bag off his shoulder and rummaged through it before procuring a potion. He gingerly held it out for Hoopa to see.

“This…probably won’t be enough to cure you, but it should at least help you feel better.” After Hoopa nodded, Wes spritzed them all over with the potion, then stowed it away.
Though she did agree, they had been in there for a while. But, she felt like there was still more to see--what would happen if they left and completely overlooked an important piece of information? She wouldn't have that. But, as Wes decided to spray Hoopa down with a potion, she decided to keep that to herself for the moment.

“It will do for now, but we probably should…take you to the infirmary…?” He glanced questioningly at Odette as he trailed off. What was their next move? This Pokémon definitely needed medical attention, but would the infirmary be safe enough?

Neo and Novo cautiously stepped up to Wes’ side, sniffing curiously at the ghost. Neo then greeted them with a friendly blink and a chirp, and Novo purred and swished his tail.
Odette Pissed 2.PNG
But, she did begin to wildly shake her head at the suggestion. "No shot," she retorted. She opened her mouth to continue, but realized Hoopa could hear her. She offered them the warmest smile she could muster, before standing and walking over to Wes, grabbing him by the arm and pulling him a few feet back so she could talk to him a little more privately.

"We cannot risk Orzo seeing Hoopa; that's a one way ticket to shit hitting the fan before we're ready," she said quietly. "We can't take them to the infirmary right now; all it takes is Nurse Joy offhandedly mentioning to Xavian that we found another Hoopa, or even Orzo overhearing us if we decided to explain ourselves to her, and we're fucked."

Odette Thinking.PNG
She sent a wary look back to the Hoopa. It was a long while before she said anything again.

"I say, at least for now, we take them to the dorms. My dorm. I have a shit ton of medical supplies, and some leftover medication from when I spent the night in the infirmary." With a sigh, she shrugged. "I'm not a Pokemon doctor, but I train ghost and psychic types enough to at least have enough knowledge to tie (tide) them over until we can figure out what specifically to do next. I know the fucker is stealing us out of the dorms now, but I'm also the only one here with a legendary, so...I can't think of a place that would be much safer right now. But if you have a better idea, I'm all ears."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom