• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Wigglytuff's Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
It was strange how quiet Wigglytuff's office seemed compared to everywhere else, despite the fact that there was nothing physically different from the rest of the building. Perhaps a little more colorful with the decorations, and a little more crowded with all of the related Guild items stacked in the back and along the walls, but...

"Hi!" Wigglytuff introduced himself once the doors closed, Chatot leading Owen and Cabot inside. "You wanted to learn a new Ability? Hmmm... I know that both of you could change Abilities if you wanted!"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Well, I don't know if Owen was planning the same thing, but I do!" Cabot replied. "The two Kecleon in town advised me to come here after it turned out they didn't have Stone Edge in stock. If I had Sheer Force it would mean that Rock Slide and Zen Headbutt would do a lot more damage..."

The Cranidos trailed off for a moment, putting a claw to his mouth as an important question came to mind.

"Though... how can you change my ability exactly, Guildmaster? In my world I heard a story about how humans could change the ability of a Pokémon with their magic, but I doubt that's how you do things here."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"It's kind of the same way!" said Wigglytuff, hopping from foot to foot. "All I need is for you to close your eyes and focus on that power, and I'll handle the rest!"

Owen tilted his head, stepping back to give Cabot some room. "Um, good luck, Cabot."

Last edited:

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Er, thanks," Cabot said. "Though I'm not sure what power to focus on exactly. Do you mean the idea of having Sheer Force?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Yes! Exactly!" Wigglytuff didn't stop smiling, but he did close his eyes to concentrate in tandem with Cabot. "And once I feel that you're ready... I'll awaken that power within you! Just like that! It's the same way I was able to awaken my powers when I was really young!"

"We think," Chatot added, looking apologetic. "You should brace yourself."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Uh, okay then."

Cabot closed his eyes and focused his thoughts on what fighting with Sheer Force would be like. While he'd no longer be able to ignore other Pokémon's abilities while attacking, it did mean he could almost do as much damage with Rock Slide as he could with Stone Edge. Not only that, but his Zen Headbutt would suddenly be stronger as well, an image of him knocking an opponent out with a single headbutt flashing through his mind.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Wigglytuff approached Cabot, raising his arms in the air slowly, deliberately, and with the smallest hint of Fairy energy drifting between his hands. That pink energy slowly shifted to white and became brighter, not unlike the shockwaves he was known for. Cabot would feel a peculiar, tinging feeling along his head and spine. And then...

"YOOM--"

Gravity felt like it doubled, tripled, quadrupled over Cabot.

"--TAH!"

The whole ground shook, sending Owen flying into the wall with a surprised yelp. Chatot, used to this, only skidded back a few feet. There was a Cabot-shaped imprint on the ground where the Cranidos had been slammed into it, though he was somehow--mostly--okay.

"All done!" Wigglytuff cheerfully said, peeling Cabot off of the ground and setting him down.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Wha-"

Cabot stumbled back in a daze as Wigglytuff set him down, putting a claw to his head as he tried to regain his bearings.

"W-What happened exactly...? It feels like you shoved me to the ground really, really hard."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"It's a minor side effect," Chatot said. "The more skilled person who knows how to awaken abilities tends to do so with a more... delicate approach. Wigglytuff is more forceful, plunging within your body's natural energies to bring out what was blocked by your more prominent abilities... is the simple way. I'm afraid I don't know the complicated explanation."

"How about you?" Wigglytuff asked, looking at Owen.

"NO!" Owen said, but then covered his mouth, suppressing a worried chirp. "I--I mean, I like Blaze. I don't think I have Perceive hidden away right now..."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"That explanation is good enough... I think," Cabot groaned as he nursed his head. The Cranidos paused however upon hearing Owen's reply to Wigglytuff. "Wait, 'Perceive'? What ability is that?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"It's something that I kind of had back in my world," Owen said. "Instead of Blaze, it was Perceive. I was able to see things without my eyes, if that makes any sense." As he spoke about it, the memories came back to him. "Like counting how many seeds are in a jar, even though the jar is painted black, or being able to tell if someone was tense and ready to attack, or looking for a way to run. It's not mind reading... more like, body reading. So if I know someone's, or someone's species, movements, and how their bodies reacted to things..."

"Wow!" Wigglytuff nodded earnestly. "That sounds really useful!"

"That's understating it," Chatot said. "If you had a way to inform your allies of what your enemies are planning, that wold be invaluable."

"I can already tell if the enemy is weakening or not," Owen said. "I hope I can, you know, do more than that..."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"That's so cool that you could do that, Owen!" Cabot exclaimed. "Are there more Charmander in your world that can do that?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Well, I'm sure you'll remember soon," Cabot reassured. "And maybe you'll have Perceive again once you're a Charizard. If not, you could always try revisiting the Guildmaster when you're evolved again!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen nodded, looking brighter already. "Yeah! Anything to help." He then turned to Wigglytuff, bowing politely. "That's everything for us, Guildmaster. Thanks for the help!"

"Tell everyone else about me, too!" Wigglytuff said. "I bet you have some super fun powers hidden away!"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"We'll do!" Cabot cheered, before pausing a moment. "Though... do you guys maybe have a pillow or some straw for the next 'mon that comes here? Getting pushed against the ground like that kinda hurt..."

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Well, we tried that..." Chatot looked toward Wigglytuff, who smiled.

"But it kept smashing through! We ran out!"

Owen's flame dimmed, wondering how many victims like Cabot had been claimed by Wigglytuff's strange methods. Hopefully it was worth it... "Er, well, see you," he said, nodding to Cabot. At the very least, they at least had a resource to rely on.

<><><>​

Day 14 - Evening ~ A Radiant Boost

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I would like to congratulate everyone in a job well done," Maple said. While her tone was formal, her eyes had a pleased shine to them, and her smile was one of genuine relief. "You did what none of us were able to, and for that we cannot repay you enough. But before we get into any further discussions, let me fill you in on what has happened."

Maple addressed the whole team that had been gathered, and Diyem listened silently from the aether.

"Team Spice is recovering in the medical ward. They are fatigued and battered, but are otherwise stable and are expected to make a full recovery. Balm and Cepa are almost completely recovered. There have been no other sightings of Darkwhite, and we are still searching for other abnormalities we may have missed. Now... What happened while you were there?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Though battered and bruised, Celeste couldn’t help but grin. “We fought against two higher beings and the teammates they were blessing, and we won. We. Won.

He took a moment to laugh before continuing. This had been the most insane day of his life. “We disinfected them all, and stopped the disease spectres from escaping.”

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Necrozma lifted up the jar. “The parasites are multiplying rapidly. I don’t think it’s safe for people to leave town anymore.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom